"Why are atheists so toxic"

Declaration of Independence
Ah. The DOI was influenced by Christianity. It had undertones of non-specific Deism. There is a bit of a difference. And while I find it annoying, since the DOI is not a governing document of the United States, I really could care less about the language used therein.
It is a vague about religion as that 100 dollar bill. If you object to that, I don't why you wouldn't object to the DOI. You do realize that the DOI is of way more importance than currency, right? It is literally our founding document and it states that we get our rights for no other reason than we are God's creatures. Why don't you have a problem with that again?
Wrong on two counts. First, it is not nearly as vague. Ask 100 people what religion refers to God, capital "G", and I promise you, the overwhelming majority, if not nearly all, will tell you Judeo-Christianity, I don't care how you want to equivocate. Ask those same 100 what religion refers to "their creator", and the answer will be much more varied.

Second, regardless of how much importance you may wish to assign it, try using the DOI, as a document in a court of law as precedence over an law or constitutional precedence. It is not a governing document of our government. Period.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
How can I be wrong?
I told you exactly how you were wrong. And copying the DOI to your post doesn't make you any less wrong, nor does it refute either of the points made in my post explaining how you are wrong.

I like god, my most favorite invisible friend. Always there when I pray, least responsive when I need him. I am a pathetic atheist. I want to believe in god, any god. he/she/ them never seems to be there when I need em'. Where are you, GOD?

Haven't you had any good times?

A religious person would tell you that God won't be there when you call if you only call when you need something.
Thanks for speaking for us. You're a stand up guy. Actually I would say there is meaning in suffering if it forces a change for the better, but what you said sounded real intelligent too.
Atheist are at heart, skeptics, You make an assertion, you better be able to prove it. You believe there is a god, great, prove it. I WANT to believe in a god, any god. But the proof people put out there is just so much bullshit. Sell me, I want to proof. No sophism. Where is god now a days?
See post #98 for the proof you are so sorely seeking. Can I use something you created as evidence? When you create something is your creation the realization of your intention? When you create something do you do it in steps? Do your more complex creations require more steps and intelligence? Can I tell why you created it Can I tell what it's purpose is? Do you believe it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence?

You have all the proof you need.
How come we don't live the longest? Why would God make his chosen creature die in 80 years but Ming the clam lived 500 years.

We can't stand extreme temperatures like Tardigrade.

We aren't the strongest fastest we don't have the best eyes or ears.

We seem like one of gods favorite animals.
Why are you asking me?

Declaration of Independence
Ah. The DOI was influenced by Christianity. It had undertones of non-specific Deism. There is a bit of a difference. And while I find it annoying, since the DOI is not a governing document of the United States, I really could care less about the language used therein.
It is a vague about religion as that 100 dollar bill. If you object to that, I don't why you wouldn't object to the DOI. You do realize that the DOI is of way more importance than currency, right? It is literally our founding document and it states that we get our rights for no other reason than we are God's creatures. Why don't you have a problem with that again?
Wrong on two counts. First, it is not nearly as vague. Ask 100 people what religion refers to God, capital "G", and I promise you, the overwhelming majority, if not nearly all, will tell you Judeo-Christianity, I don't care how you want to equivocate. Ask those same 100 what religion refers to "their creator", and the answer will be much more varied.

Second, regardless of how much importance you may wish to assign it, try using the DOI, as a document in a court of law as precedence over an law or constitutional precedence. It is not a governing document of our government. Period.

How can I be wrong?
I told you exactly how you were wrong. And copying the DOI to your post doesn't make you any less wrong, nor does it refute either of the points made in my post explaining how you are wrong.
Yes, you did and my reply to that was in post #150. I don't need to add anything else. I'm not the one who has the incongruity.

I like god, my most favorite invisible friend. Always there when I pray, least responsive when I need him. I am a pathetic atheist. I want to believe in god, any god. he/she/ them never seems to be there when I need em'. Where are you, GOD?

A religious person would tell you that God won't be there when you call if you only call when you need something.
Thanks for speaking for us. You're a stand up guy. Actually I would say there is meaning in suffering if it forces a change for the better, but what you said sounded real intelligent too.
Atheist are at heart, skeptics, You make an assertion, you better be able to prove it. You believe there is a god, great, prove it. I WANT to believe in a god, any god. But the proof people put out there is just so much bullshit. Sell me, I want to proof. No sophism. Where is god now a days?
See post #98 for the proof you are so sorely seeking. Can I use something you created as evidence? When you create something is your creation the realization of your intention? When you create something do you do it in steps? Do your more complex creations require more steps and intelligence? Can I tell why you created it Can I tell what it's purpose is? Do you believe it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence?

So, who made GOD if everything needs a maker? Often wondered about that little ditty since I was a little girl. he pulled himself out of his hat? Or maybe, the universe always existed and never needed a maker? Who knows? Who cares? Religion is a man made construct trying to understand how the universe works, and that is Ok, as long as you don't take it to seriously.

and there it is, just as I pointed out in my opening post. whenever a Christian performs any act of violence, bigotry or hatefulness, eith it is justified, or it is demed to have been "not really a Christian". This is one of the reasons most of us Atheists have a modicum more respect - not much, but a tiny bit - for Muslims than we do Christians.

At least when radical Islamists perform heinous acts, the moderate Muslims say, "Yeah. Those are radical Muslims. They absolutely do not speak for all of our religion. Please do not judge us all by the acts of our extreme fringe,"

Not so much with Christians. We would have so much more respect for Christians in general, if they would just honestly say, things like, "Yeah. Ya know what? Westboro Baptist? Yup. They're Christians. They certainly do not represent the Bible as I understand it, but they are Christians. Please do not judge our entire religion, by our extremists," but, Christians don't do that. No. When a Christian misbehaves publicly, all of the other Christians just circle the wagons, disown them, and act like their actions bear no reflection on their religion. what they don't seem to realise is that to us on the outside looking in, this act of disavowal is almost as bad as the actions of those they are disavowing.
Fool! Show me where the Bible tells Christians to act like muslims, or any other violent group. You can't. Actions speak louder than words. Look at what Scripture says. That is how Christians should act. If they do not, they are not Christians. The Koran, on the other hand, tells them to convert or kill the entire world. One preaches love, the other preaches violence. Why can't you see this? You must be deliberately obtuse.
Yeah, coming from a guy who starts every post insulting the person he is trying to tell what Christianity is "supposed" to be about"? Yeah, I think you're full of shit.

The Bible doesn't say I have to be nice to you. Besides, you have a reprobate mind. It doesn't matter what I say, or how nicely I say it. You will continue to reject God.
Actually, it does. Col 4:5 & 6. You should read it sometime. Funny how the "Fool" knows this, but the "Christian" doesn't...
I reacted the way I did because you are dishonest. You attack Christianity, then try to pretend that you are not, in fact, doing so. You try to deceive others. I am familiar with your type. You aren't fooling anyone. You are simply a fool.
Do you believe only Christians go to heaven? Be honest. Don't deceive us

How come we don't live the longest? Why would God make his chosen creature die in 80 years but Ming the clam lived 500 years.

Why are you asking me?
Things that make me go hmm. I'm hi

Right, you just want to subordinate it until it ceases to exist. What part of it is impossible to separate one's faith from their values do you not understand? So it is ok for your values to inform your vote, but not religious people?
So, you are saying that Christians, in fact, are trying to empower a theocracy with their votes? What a bold admission.
That was an astonishing leap in logic you just made there. Don't be silly. I don't want a theocracy anymore than I want to forget our Christian heritage. Both would be bad.
We'll, you are the one who claimed that religious people are voting based on their religious convictions. Do you stand by that statement, or not?

If you really do have a PhD, it shouldn't be that hard for you to figure out what I meant. I was quite clear.
Yes, you were. And now you want to back pedal because you didn't like being called out for it.
I literally could not have made it any clearer. If you want to see this as me back pedaling, please go right ahead. It seems to me that you want to void my right to vote because I believe in God.

In post # 100 I wrote, "My values inform my vote and my faith informs my values. I don't forfeit my right to participate in governance anymore than you do. "

In post # 143 I wrote, "I don't want a theocracy anymore than I want to forget our Christian heritage. Both would be bad."

Why are you asking me?
Things that make me go hmm. I'm hi
I'm not surprised. It shows.

Fool! Show me where the Bible tells Christians to act like muslims, or any other violent group. You can't. Actions speak louder than words. Look at what Scripture says. That is how Christians should act. If they do not, they are not Christians. The Koran, on the other hand, tells them to convert or kill the entire world. One preaches love, the other preaches violence. Why can't you see this? You must be deliberately obtuse.
Yeah, coming from a guy who starts every post insulting the person he is trying to tell what Christianity is "supposed" to be about"? Yeah, I think you're full of shit.

The Bible doesn't say I have to be nice to you. Besides, you have a reprobate mind. It doesn't matter what I say, or how nicely I say it. You will continue to reject God.
Actually, it does. Col 4:5 & 6. You should read it sometime. Funny how the "Fool" knows this, but the "Christian" doesn't...
I reacted the way I did because you are dishonest. You attack Christianity, then try to pretend that you are not, in fact, doing so. You try to deceive others. I am familiar with your type. You aren't fooling anyone. You are simply a fool.
Just the saints.

and there it is, just as I pointed out in my opening post. whenever a Christian performs any act of violence, bigotry or hatefulness, eith it is justified, or it is demed to have been "not really a Christian". This is one of the reasons most of us Atheists have a modicum more respect - not much, but a tiny bit - for Muslims than we do Christians.

At least when radical Islamists perform heinous acts, the moderate Muslims say, "Yeah. Those are radical Muslims. They absolutely do not speak for all of our religion. Please do not judge us all by the acts of our extreme fringe,"

Not so much with Christians. We would have so much more respect for Christians in general, if they would just honestly say, things like, "Yeah. Ya know what? Westboro Baptist? Yup. They're Christians. They certainly do not represent the Bible as I understand it, but they are Christians. Please do not judge our entire religion, by our extremists," but, Christians don't do that. No. When a Christian misbehaves publicly, all of the other Christians just circle the wagons, disown them, and act like their actions bear no reflection on their religion. what they don't seem to realise is that to us on the outside looking in, this act of disavowal is almost as bad as the actions of those they are disavowing.

And a liar. As near as I can tell he is a borderline sociopath.

So, who made GOD if everything needs a maker? Often wondered about that little ditty since I was a little girl. he pulled himself out of his hat? Or maybe, the universe always existed and never needed a maker? Who knows? Who cares? Religion is a man made construct trying to understand how the universe works, and that is Ok, as long as you don't take it to seriously.
Who are you trying to convince? Me or you?

That is if there is a heaven, and depends on what brand of lellogs corn fa

Jolly good post. I would rather believe in God,as much as you. Where is god? Why is GOD so coy? I love religion, but religion fails on so many levels, it boggles the mind.

I'm familiar with your type, too. You are precisely one of those hateful Christian militants that I refer to in my OP. It is not enough for you to proselytise. Any time you perceive that your precious faith is under attack, you must lash out with hatred, and anger. If your faith can "move mountains", it should be able to withstand a little criticism without you devolving into such blind rage.

Jolly good post. I would rather believe in God,as much as you. Where is god? Why is GOD so coy? I love religion, but religion fails on so many levels, it boggles the mind.
People who focus on Heaven miss the point. The point is the journey, not the destination. If you were happy with your journey, you wouldn't be here arguing about something you don't believe in just to amuse yourself. You would have better things to do.

I'm familiar with your type, too. You are precisely one of those hateful Christian militants that I refer to in my OP. It is not enough for you to proselytise. Any time you perceive that your precious faith is under attack, you must lash out with hatred, and anger. If your faith can "move mountains", it should be able to withstand a little criticism without you devolving into such blind rage.
You are like the Cincinnati Reds Manager in the movie 42.

How can I be wrong?
Yes, you did and my reply to that was in post #150. I don't need to add anything else. I'm not the one who has the incongruity.
Yes. You did reply, and, well...
1f25dd37f9ca6e13251e5876848c36e6.jpg

Simply posting the Declaration of Independence, has absolutely nothing to do with either of the points I made in my post.

How can I be wrong?
Yes. You did reply, and, well...
1f25dd37f9ca6e13251e5876848c36e6.jpg

Simply posting the Declaration of Independence, has absolutely nothing to do with either of the points I made in my post.
You mean you didn't see what I wrote? That figures. Here you go.

How can I be wrong? I'm not the one who wants to remove all references of God from government. You guys are the ones wanting to do that. What exactly do you suppose Creator is? You are literally arguing to keep the reference of God in the DOI. Have you even ever read the DOI? How about Divine Providence? Is that Ok too? How about Nature's God? Is that ok now too?

So, you are saying that Christians, in fact, are trying to empower a theocracy with their votes? What a bold admission.
That was an astonishing leap in logic you just made there. Don't be silly. I don't want a theocracy anymore than I want to forget our Christian heritage. Both would be bad.
We'll, you are the one who claimed that religious people are voting based on their religious convictions. Do you stand by that statement, or not?

If you really do have a PhD, it shouldn't be that hard for you to figure out what I meant. I was quite clear.
Yes, you were. And now you want to back pedal because you didn't like being called out for it.
I literally could not have made it any clearer. If you want to see this as me back pedaling, please go right ahead. It seems to me that you want to void my right to vote because I believe in God.

In post # 100 I wrote, "My values inform my vote and my faith informs my values. I don't forfeit my right to participate in governance anymore than you do. "

In post # 143 I wrote, "I don't want a theocracy anymore than I want to forget our Christian heritage. Both would be bad."
Ahhh, but you see, you want us all to forget about post #177 - the specific post to which I responded - where you expanded that to include all religious people: "So it is ok for your values to inform your vote, but not religious people?"

So, you are saying that Christians vote their Christian agenda. Further, even in your original post you are, at the very least, admitting that you are voting for a theocracy. "I vote my values, and my faith informs my values". You want your faith to be the governing factor of the government. That is a theocracy.

Last edited:

People who focus on Heaven miss the point. The point is the journey, not the destination. If you were happy with your journey, you wouldn't be here arguing about something you don't believe in just to amuse yourself. You would have better things to do.
Love ya, god will forgive me if I am wrong doubting him. If not, nothing ventured, nothing gained? When I pray, nothing happens, and when it does, it seems to my benefit seemingly at random. Why bother? Isn't all this random chance anyway?

Forum List

Back