Why are conservatives clueless about our Constitution?

Conservatives have initiated a mandate that if they don't get to call the shots....then nobody has

They have fractured their own party where even Republicans cannot agree or compromise
They have raised the stakes to the Government as a whole that they prefer nothing be done at all than something that may help the other side
Harry Reid is a conservative? Who knew?
Reid is perfectly willing to compromise

Republicans have intitiated 100% filibuster on all bills. 60 votes or the bill goes nowhere. If Republicans are willing to allow Democratic bills to come to the floor with less than 60 votes, then Reid will allow Republican bills to come up for a vote

What say you Republicans? Are you willing to compromise with Reid?
Bullshit. Every word.
You need to get out more, Nutsucker. The voices are getting to you.
How bout it Rabbi?

If Reid sends EVERY Republican bill to the floor for a vote, are you willing to have EVERY Democratic bill come up for a vote?

Simple yes or no will suffice

I suspect it is time for the Rabbi shuffle though

As expected...Rabbi runs away

How bout you other Conservatives?
Are you willing to let Democratic bills come up for a vote if Reid allows Republican bills to come up for a vote?

Its called compromise
If you made some kind of point based on reality it might be worth discussing.
But Reid has blocked discussion of many many bills passed by the House. When he starts bringing them to a vote let me know.

Conservatives wrap themselves in the Constitution and act like they are the only ones concerned with the founders principles in crafting this great document

The key component of our Constitution that Conservatives have declared war on is the idea of compromise. Our founders created a form of governent that was built on the assumption that there would be compromise. Congressmen and Senators must compromise with each other to craft a bill and get it passed....

I will give you this if you will give me that

That is how our government has functioned for hundreds of years. Instead, Conservatives have instituted a policy of....If I don't get my way, nothing will get done

That attitude is an insult to our founders who formed our very government out of compromise

Who has compromised, and who hasn't?

Did the left get Social Security, welfare, food stamps, abortion, divorce, etc.?

What has the right gotten in return?

Which program can you point to and state that the right got what it wanted? And I don't mean some little thing like a budget, I mean fundamental change to America like abortion and welfare?

So, who compromised?

Mark

Medicare part D. The bush boy's prescription drug coverage and partial privatization of medicare.

The democrats compromised and then didn't spend years trying to make it fail.

Conservatives wrap themselves in the Constitution and act like they are the only ones concerned with the founders principles in crafting this great document

The key component of our Constitution that Conservatives have declared war on is the idea of compromise. Our founders created a form of governent that was built on the assumption that there would be compromise. Congressmen and Senators must compromise with each other to craft a bill and get it passed....

That is how our government has functioned for hundreds of years. Instead, Conservatives have instituted a policy of....If I don't get my way, nothing will get done

That attitude is an insult to our founders who formed our very government out of compromise

Did the left get Social Security, welfare, food stamps, abortion, divorce, etc.?

Which program can you point to and state that the right got what it wanted? And I don't mean some little thing like a budget, I mean fundamental change to America like abortion and welfare?

So, who compromised?

Mark

Medicare part D. The bush boy's prescription drug coverage and partial privatization of medicare.

Democrats criticized the program mercilessly. Because it wasnt generous enough.
Next.

So, who compromised?

Mark

Next.

Criticizing isn't trying to make it fail.

It's not shutting down the government costing 24 billion dollars just to make a president's program fail.

It's not lying about the program to make it fail.

It's not trying to pass a repeal of the program over 50 times.

The republicans did that and more with Obamacare.

The democrats didn't do that to the bush boy's medicare part D program.

There's a HUGE difference here. Plus some democrats actually supported it. Unlike the gop and Obamacare.

So, who compromised?

Mark

Of course the Dems compromised. A GOPer providing them with more government?

Mark

Another thread proving that the far left does not kno9w what the Constitution is of than a GD piece of paper that stands in Obama's (the far lefts) way.

So explain why Obama said he did not need Republicans in 2009 and 2010? Explain why Reid has refused to even send to committee How many bills from the House? Who isn't compromising again? Explain why Obama sabotaged the talks between the House and senate over the budget a couple years ago?

So, who compromised?

Mark

Part D that Senator Edward Kennedy (a very far left senator) supported, just like no child left behind.

Anything that senator Kennedy was behind should have been a clue it would be a disaster.

Although we did watch the far left dismantle Carter for not towing the far left party line in the 70's.

But then again Obama puts forth a budget and no one voted for it, not even the most rabid of the far left would touch it, that has to mean something.

And there has been plenty of comprise, just that the programmed far left drones are incapable of seeing it.

Progressive lies stopped surprising me a long time ago. They lie about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING.

Obama has been the "My way or the highway" president, refusing to negotiate with Republicans and in fact, called us "the enemy". Yet Progressives lie and say we're the one who don't compromise

Pathological.

Another example of Conservatives refusing to compromise is the Grover Norquist "No new taxes" pledge

100% adherence or else there is a political price to pay

Bring the country to war? No new taxes
National disaster? No new taxes
Balance the budget? Do it with no new taxes

Zero room for compromise no matter how important it is to the American people

There is nothing more important than controlling the debt.

Nothing.

A financial collapse means the end of the United States.

Mark
If thats the case, why not attack debt at both ends?

Spending cuts AND Tax increases?
I agree with that and go a bit farther by not limiting the tax increases to the so called 1 percent it would be everyone getting hit to some degree and having nothing off limits in regards to spending cuts.

Not just the constitution. Why do their policies always fail? Because nonsense such as "trickle down" and "they hate us for our freedom" aren't based on study or data. Republican policies are based on "wish" and "we hope". It's all fantasy. They know better than to even try to defend their lunatic policies. They may not understand why they fail, but even to the GOP base, it's clear they do. In their minds, the only viable option is to attack. So that's what they do - attack.

Progressive lies stopped surprising me a long time ago. They lie about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING.

Obama has been the "My way or the highway" president, refusing to negotiate with Republicans and in fact, called us "the enemy". Yet Progressives lie and say we're the one who don't compromise

Pathological.

Can you give us a few examples of the "lies"?

Pathological.

Can you give us a few examples of the "lies"?

Here's the first three that come to mind

1. FDR was a great president for the US Economy, when in fact his first 2 terms were the worst ever, worse even than the 7 Biblical Lean Years with an average 20% unemployment for his whole 2 terms.

2. Joe McCarthy used his HUAC to blacklist innocent Hollywood writers and start a "Red Scare" when in fact McCarthy burst on the scene between the USSR trying to start WWIII in Berlin and ChiComs killing US soldiers in Korea. He correctly and somewhat understated the degree to which the Democrat White House reported to Stalin.

3. LBJ who stopped Ike's Civil Rights Bill for 7 years and said of his SCOTUS pick Thurgood Marshall, "...when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******" was a "Civil Rights Hero"

Harry Reid is a conservative? Who knew?

Republicans have intitiated 100% filibuster on all bills. 60 votes or the bill goes nowhere. If Republicans are willing to allow Democratic bills to come to the floor with less than 60 votes, then Reid will allow Republican bills to come up for a vote

Bullshit. Every word.
How bout it Rabbi?

If Reid sends EVERY Republican bill to the floor for a vote, are you willing to have EVERY Democratic bill come up for a vote?

Are you willing to let Democratic bills come up for a vote if Reid allows Republican bills to come up for a vote?

Its called compromise
But Reid has blocked discussion of many many bills passed by the House. When he starts bringing them to a vote let me know.

As usual, Rabbi runs away

A simple yes or no is beyond his understanding.

Lets see if we can make it simple for poor Rabbi. You need 60 votes just to bring a bill up for a vote. Republicans don't have 60 votes
If Reid agrees to wave the 60 vote requirement....do you support Republicans doing the same for Democratic bills?

Yes or No?

So explain why Obama said he did not need Republicans in 2009 and 2010? Explain why Reid has refused to even send to committee How many bills from the House? Who isn't compromising again? Explain why Obama sabotaged the talks between the House and senate over the budget a couple years ago?

I'll pose the same question to you

Republican bills do not have 60 votes to end cloture. If Reid sends Republican bills to a vote, do you support the COMPROMISE of sending Democratic bills for a vote?

Why do Liberals care about how the Constitution works? The current President has taught us that if you occupy the Oval Office, all you need is a pen and a phone. No need for compromise. End of story.

Why do Liberals care about how the Constitution works? The current President has taught us that if you occupy the Oval Office, all you need is a pen and a phone. No need for compromise. End of story.

Why?

Because we wrote it

So, who compromised?

Mark

Next.

Criticizing isn't trying to make it fail.

It's not shutting down the government costing 24 billion dollars just to make a president's program fail.

It's not lying about the program to make it fail.

It's not trying to pass a repeal of the program over 50 times.

The republicans did that and more with Obamacare.

The democrats didn't do that to the bush boy's medicare part D program.

There's a HUGE difference here. Plus some democrats actually supported it. Unlike the gop and Obamacare.
How can Republicans try to make Obamacare fail? LOL! That's rich. It's failing all on its own. Obama wont implement the thing, and his bureaucracy changes the law at a whim.

Bullshit. Every word.
How bout it Rabbi?

Its called compromise

As usual, Rabbi runs away

A simple yes or no is beyond his understanding.

Lets see if we can make it simple for poor Rabbi. You need 60 votes just to bring a bill up for a vote. Republicans don't have 60 votes
If Reid agrees to wave the 60 vote requirement....do you support Republicans doing the same for Democratic bills?

Yes or No?
Your post is based on a fallacy. It does not take 60 votes to pass legislation. It takes 51. That's the issue. Why wont Reid bring things up for a vote after they've passed the House?

Forum List

Back