Why are democrat elites pushing for electric vehicles when.. read: Disadvantages of Electric Cars

You'll be shocked, I'm sure, to learn that gas stations were once as rare as charging stations

By 1910 there were over 500,000 cars and trucks on the roads of America, with the infrastructure to support them. All built by private individuals. And no government mandates were ever required.

EV's on the other hand, are the beneficiaries of government mandate after government mandate.

Every time that the EV car is charged it loses a little bit of its driving range.
At some point the battery will have to be replaced.
The cost of the replacement battery might be more than the value of the car.
This is a big problem.

evbattafadd.JPG

Nothing to do with it. And you would know this if you actually knew how things worked. :)

It actually has everything to do with it. You have no idea what you are talking about. It is all about supply and demand. The demand for fossil fuels is high and the supply is low thanks to regulations and pie in the sky fairy tells about running on battery power and how FL will be under water in the next decade. Ignorance abounds and the sheep follow.

What do you think about the ideology argument? That dims are ideologues vis a vis the climate.. environment, etc?

I am sure there are many environmentalists who are climate change ideologues whether there is big money in it or not. But we are talking politics here, and both political parties look for ways to convince people that they are a better choice than the other party, and the democrats do get a lot of donations/support from those people. And in league with the media, academia, and Hollywood among others, they have convinced a lot of people that we are all gonna die soon if we don't spend trillions of dollars on climate change. IOW, standard democrat operating procedure. Some democrats actually are ideologues that totally believe that, while I suspect there are many others who may be skeptical but push the party line anyway, not caring about things like debt and deficits.

By 1910 there were over 500,000 cars and trucks on the roads of America, with the infrastructure to support them. All built by private individuals. And no government mandates were ever required.

EV's on the other hand, are the beneficiaries of government mandate after government mandate.
It naturally occurred.

We went from horse & buggy to the automobile WITHOUT a single bit of government force.

NOW, we have government trying to cram us BACK into the equivalent of the horse & buggy.

So, why?

What is it that governments (and the assholes who run it) always seek and can never get enough of?

It actually has everything to do with it. You have no idea what you are talking about. It is all about supply and demand. The demand for fossil fuels is high and the supply is low thanks to regulations and pie in the sky fairy tells about running on battery power and how FL will be under water in the next decade. Ignorance abounds and the sheep follow.
You have zero clue what you are espousing here. Yes, demand is high (coming out of global pandemic), but supply is squeezed but it has NOTHING to with regulation, nor the evolution of the EV (which for some reason, you people consider a threat).
You are repeating alt-right talking points.

excellent point which I would have made but I didn't know all of the aforementioned was built by private individuals.

See, everyone: gummit really is a virtually worthless agent

excellent point which I would have made but I didn't know all of the aforementioned was built by private individuals.

See, everyone: gummit really is a virtually worthless agent

Governments, both State and Federal, were instrumental in building our network of roads and highways. They tax us to do that.

Otherwise government was not involved in the transition from horse to car.

Governments, both State and Federal, were instrumental in building our network of roads and highways. They tax us to do that.
That also serves a defense function. So it is within the proper scope of government.

But we don't need a FedGov to do it. Still no good reason to keep the FedGov.

That also serves a defense function. So it is within the proper scope of government.

But we don't need a FedGov to do it. Still no good reason to keep the FedGov.

The Feds handle the interstate travel, which is appropriate.

EVs have two major problems: battery capacity and charge rate.
Both of these are ruled by the laws of physics, not the laws of man.
Or the wishes of Democrats.

You'll be shocked, I'm sure, to learn that gas stations were once as rare as charging stations
California can't even power their state fully in the summer as it is. Tell us where the electricity is going to come from for the future?

Our government told us to buy electric cars because gasoline is so expensive.
Sorry, I didn't get that memo. Nor did I see it widely posted that gasoline powered automobiles were in imminent proximity of being phased out.

Sorry, I didn't get that memo. Nor did I see it widely posted that gasoline powered automobiles were in imminent proximity of being phased out.

Becaaaauuuuuse you are a moron?

California to Ban the Sale of New Gasoline Cars​

The decision, to take effect by 2035, will very likely speed a wider transition to electric vehicles because many other states follow California’s standards.

Forum List

Back