🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why are our ballots printed in Spanish? Don’t real Americans read, write and speak English?

How does that hurt you? Our ballet's should be printed in all languages, and sent out to 6 billion plus people, since the USA screws up the entire world anyways

Because one it's disrespectful, two because it leads to so much chaos and diversity. And three because it costs the taxpayers FAR MORE to put up with the BS and yours too. You fucking liberals are rich, can't see from here to there and so dreamy.

Because one it's disrespectful, two because it leads to so much chaos and diversity. And three because it costs the taxpayers FAR MORE to put up with the BS and yours too. You fucking liberals are rich, can't see from here to there and so dreamy.
This clown do you see who the fuck is in office and got elected ? People like Ron Johnson,uncle fester, Georgia is going down to two low IQ idiots as senator, the problem is YOU voting for popularity .

Yes 7.5 billion people should vote in the USA elections, we run the world, and they should have a say with our big cooperations destroying the fucking world with war, with using little kids in the congo to mine for colbalt and all the rest.

Americans sure don't know how to vote for the right people.

Hmmm….so what other languages does the U.S. require one to know for naturalization?
US citizens are NOT required to speak, read, or write English. A natural born US citizen is not required to speak one word of English for their entire life. A naturalized US citizen is required to demonstrate a minimal ability with English for about ten minutes, then never once again.

A naturalized US citizen is required to demonstrate a minimal ability with English for about ten minutes, then never once again.
Why would they REQUIRE that if English isn’t our official language?

Why would they REQUIRE that if English isn’t our official language?
It's the dominant language in the US. That's why even people born in the US understand the importance and utility of learning English. The majority of students studying ESL are US citizens born right here in the good 'ol USA. Immigrants who have NO obligation to speak, read, or write English work hard to learn it. NOT because of some chickenshit bigot like you scowling at them in the checkout line at Stop & Shop.

We have NO official language.

Any other stupid questions?

It's the dominant language in the US. That's why even people born in the US understand the importance and utility of learning English. The majority of students studying ESL are US citizens born right here in the good 'ol USA. Immigrants who have NO obligation to speak, read, or write English work hard to learn it. NOT because of some chickenshit bigot like you scowling at them in the checkout line at Stop & Shop.

We have NO official language.

Any other stupid questions?
Hahaha…retard semantics. Do you hear how stupid you sound?
”We have a dominant language, one that the U.S. Government REQUIRES foreigners to speak, read and write….but but but….I swear, it’s not our official language because if we labled it as such it would hurt the feelings of globalist whackos.”

I went to a big box discount store recently, just moved into the area and had to drive 40 miles to get to it, so it's closer to a larger urban area. I did not hear one person speaking English the entire time I was there, just walking up and down the aisles. English won't be the main language in the US for much longer, the 'American culture' is dying, it can't withstand what's being done to it today. Lefties will defend any other culture in the world and talk about how important it is for any other culture to be able to maintain their traditions and integrity, they should be revered, but not American culture, American culture is to be disrespected and destroyed.
A perfect example of conservative white grievance politics and racist replacement theory.

This is as ignorant as it is bigoted and wrong.

US citizens are NOT required to speak, read, or write English. A natural born US citizen is not required to speak one word of English for their entire life. A naturalized US citizen is required to demonstrate a minimal ability with English for about ten minutes, then never once again.
You're still babbling about this? lol

So I'm assuming you can request a ballot printed in any language? How many are there?

Why would spanish be the only other language on there? We have immigrants from all over the world.

A perfect example of conservative white grievance politics and racist replacement theory.

This is as ignorant as it is bigoted and wrong.

It's not a theory and there's nothing 'racist' about it. You're like the boy who cried 'wolf' with your 'racist' bullshit. :dunno:

The federal government has long required election ballots in some U.S. jurisdictions to be printed in languages other than English, based on the number of voting-age citizens who live in those communities and have limited English skills and low education levels. New data from the Census Bureau show that 263 counties, cities and other jurisdictions in 29 states will now be subject to this requirement in future elections, a slight increase from five years ago.

The language assistance, required by the federal Voting Rights Act since 1975, applies to places with Asian American, Latino, American Indian and Alaska Native populations that meet certain requirements. The Justice Department, which enforces the law, says the assistance helps more people “be informed voters and participate effectively in our representative democracy.” During the last reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, in 2006, Congress extended the language assistance provisions to 2032, and they were not affected by a Supreme Court ruling in 2013 that invalidated other sections of the law.

So they're for people that have low education levels that can't speak, read, or write English, but they can make an intelligent choice on who to vote for? How can they be 'informed' voters if they don't speak, read, or write English when everything that would 'inform' you about candidates is primarily in English?

More voters will have access to non-English ballots in the next election cycle

I was asked if I wanted my ballot printed in English or Spanish by the election official that prints them.

Forum List

Back