Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

if you're in the 29% bracket you do not pay 29% of your income in federal income taxes

and FYI there is no 29% bracket it's 28%

unless you're tying to tell me you pay a net tax of 29% which means you're in at least the 35% bracket and no one here would believe you make that much

It's so funny how the wealthiest people on USMB (the ones claiming to pay the highest tax rates) are always looking for government to take more, and then are insulted when we question their honestly.

That's because income tax doesn't affect the wealthy. It stops people who work hard from becoming wealthy. Which is the point. The wealthy progressives don't want others with money threatening their power

They eat cheap high caloric food loaded with starch, fat, and sugar.
they CHOOSE to eat that garbage

Choices are often made based on what people know. If you educated people badly, they'll then eat bad food at lot.

But then you'll have excuses for why people shouldn't be educated, just so you can blame them for making bad choices.
that's bullshit too

ask anyone if a salad is healthier than a Snickers bar and tell me what they say

Yeah sure, and ask anyone which they'd prefer to eat, and many would say Snickers Bar simply because they don't know what the snickers bar will actually do to them.

Again, it's about making choices and having reasons to make those choices.

If the salad tasted better because they'd been taught how to do it, taught how to enjoy salad, then maybe they'd eat it. If they'd been taught what sugar does to their brains then maybe they'd have reasons no to eat the snickers. Some would, some wouldn't.

But education is how you change people's attitudes. Maybe if a snickers wasn't cheaper than a salad, then maybe people would also choose to eat salad.

But hey, you keep them there excuses rolling.
so now you're saying the public schools don't educate the kids on what nutrition is? LOL.

I'm saying they don't do it well.

Go watch the Jamie Oliver program when he went to West Virginia....

Show me a flat tax where the rich don't end up paying less and the poor end up paying more

My choice is the Fair Tax but you wouldn't understand that either.

Splain

Then show that your fair tax does not result in an overall reduction of what the wealthy are paying
Because the rich buy more stuff.... Good lord are you really that simple?

Actually, if you gave one million dollars to a rich person, and $1 dollar to 1 million poor people, which would see the quickest use of money?

one dollar would not make any difference to a poor person, or the economy. the rich guy might buy 10 cars or a yacht, thereby creating hundreds of jobs ----------- for people who actually wanted to work.

Interesting article and much of it chimes with what we see in the UK.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS
if you actually thought about it, it is dems keeping them dependent and holding them back. The repubs want them to be successful. Not sure how you get where you got. your facts are messed up.

If Republicans wanted them to be successful, they'd educate them better and allow them to have decent healthcare. But they don't... in fact they don't want them doing better, if they do better they'll take the jobs they think their children are entitled to.
Educate them more??? I have to teach my kids after they come back from school because it seems schools are to busy teaching about homosexuals and social justice. regessives dont educate they indoctrinate.

The problem in the US seems to be that education isn't very good, however you want to teach your kids what? That intolerance is a great thing? I don't know.

Show me a flat tax where the rich don't end up paying less and the poor end up paying more

Splain

Then show that your fair tax does not result in an overall reduction of what the wealthy are paying

if the flat tax is 10% (just to make the math easy for you). If a person makes 100 million he pays 10 million in tax, if a person makes 10 thousand he pays 1 thousand in tax. That alone might result in a lower tax bill for the very rich, however most flat tax plans have an income floor below which you pay no tax and/or get a tax rebate.

Those plans also tax ALL forms of income with no exemptions and deductions, so we would be collecting taxes from the uber rich on investments, dividends, capital gains, and all other forms that are currently exempt. It would be a net increase in govt revenue, would eliminate the need for a massive IRS, and would allow everyone to file on a post card.

But I do understand your left wing ideas that all rich (except actors, academics, and democrat politicians) are evil and must be punished for their success.

And yet, Medicare is essentially a single payer system, and none of the things you are whining about happens to those of us who are insured under it.

Except it is deep in debt and getting deeper every hour.

Long%20Term%20Liability_zpsqrnj6aq7.jpg

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

if you're in the 29% bracket you do not pay 29% of your income in federal income taxes

and FYI there is no 29% bracket it's 28%

unless you're tying to tell me you pay a net tax of 29% which means you're in at least the 35% bracket and no one here would believe you make that much

It's so funny how the wealthiest people on USMB (the ones claiming to pay the highest tax rates) are always looking for government to take more, and then are insulted when we question their honestly.

That's because income tax doesn't affect the wealthy. It stops people who work hard from becoming wealthy. Which is the point. The wealthy progressives don't want others with money threatening their power

excellent point. the rich leftists need a permanent underclass in order to retain their money and power----------------what's sad is that most liberals are too dumb to understand that.

Splain

Actually, if you gave one million dollars to a rich person, and $1 dollar to 1 million poor people, which would see the quickest use of money?

one dollar would not make any difference to a poor person, or the economy. the rich guy might buy 10 cars or a yacht, thereby creating hundreds of jobs ----------- for people who actually wanted to work.

Damn...that's a new one

The yacht theory of trickle down

Isn't it funny the right always has to have a war on something?

In this thread, it's the War on the Poor.

The only war going in is the war against liberal lies.

Splain

if the flat tax is 10% (just to make the math easy for you). If a person makes 100 million he pays 10 million in tax, if a person makes 10 thousand he pays 1 thousand in tax. That alone might result in a lower tax bill for the very rich, however most flat tax plans have an income floor below which you pay no tax and/or get a tax rebate.

Those plans also tax ALL forms of income with no exemptions and deductions, so we would be collecting taxes from the uber rich on investments, dividends, capital gains, and all other forms that are currently exempt. It would be a net increase in govt revenue, would eliminate the need for a massive IRS, and would allow everyone to file on a post card.

But I do understand your left wing ideas that all rich (except actors, academics, and democrat politicians) are evil and must be punished for their success.

It may or may not, depending on which exemptions and deductions are eliminated. For most it would probably be a wash or an increase since many of the very wealthy (Buffet, Gates, Soros, Hollywood) pay a very low actual tax rate due to the many loopholes that their liberal buddies in congress have created for them.

Splain

Damn...that's a new one

The yacht theory of trickle down

Do blue collar union workers build yachts? yes or no.

Isn't it funny the right always has to have a war on something?

In this thread, it's the War on the Poor.

The only war going in is the war against liberal lies.

So, Trump isn't taking stuff someone made up, and then declaring it as fact?

Splain

The rich guy will invest it and create more jobs the poor guy will buy a black n mild.

I'm quite aware of that, and do you know why? Because these are the same promises liberals made to us before welfare reform began. Between the time the law passed until it's implementation, we were promised riots in the streets, decomposed bodies of people from starvation, children running naked with no place to live, stores closed down and boarded up so nobody got any food.............. It never happened.

What will hungry people do with no food? Earn money to buy food.
What will people do with no HUD home in the suburbs? Seek shelter in the inner-city

How do we know most people would react this way? Because it's a basic law of electricity which also applies to people.

Electricity will take it's least path of resistance to travel. People do the exact same to survive.

You need food, and you have two choices A) government giving you food, or B) Go out and work for food. Now, what's is that path of least resistance to obtain food? What about shelter? What about utilities?

You on the left don't give people enough credit. If forced to, people would rather live another day to fight than to give up, crawl into a corner and die just because government isn't there to take care of them.
First off, 50% of those receiving government welfare have jobs, mostly par time and temp jobs.

Secondly, the majority of those that do not work at all either have to care for a number of children, have drug or alcohol addiction problems, mental problems, physical disabilities, lack of education, lack of any job training, or a criminal background. They are poor candidates for even minimum wage jobs. I have worked around these people in food banks and a homeless shelter. Believe me you would not even consider hiring most of them.

My major concern with a proposal to stop all goverment assistance to the poor is not so much for the poor but for the effect it would have on all society. However, the chance of this happens is about zero so it's hardly worth discussing.
So you spend/waste all of your time doing all you can for people you don't think are even capable of standing on their own. Actually you never said you did that. You just want all of us to pay for someone else to do it.
How 'bout making the rich and giant corps pay some for a change?

How about finding out who pays most of the taxes in this nation and stop posting such utter crap for a change?
They no longer pay more %wise as they always have and should. Corps used to pay 35% of the total, now 10%. Reaganism suqs for the nonrich...
state-local-federal-taxes-income.jpg

The FACTS in lieu of that malarkey.

Taxes%20paid_zpsail35iac.jpg

In chart form if all those numbers confuse you...still!

2014%20Chart_zps9lrlejrv.jpg

Interesting article and much of it chimes with what we see in the UK.

It has to be coated with a thin veneer of religion to make it acceptable but in essence right wing politics is based on a selfish me me me doctrine. DISCUSS
if you actually thought about it, it is dems keeping them dependent and holding them back. The repubs want them to be successful. Not sure how you get where you got. your facts are messed up.

If Republicans wanted them to be successful, they'd educate them better and allow them to have decent healthcare. But they don't... in fact they don't want them doing better, if they do better they'll take the jobs they think their children are entitled to.
Educate them more??? I have to teach my kids after they come back from school because it seems schools are to busy teaching about homosexuals and social justice. regessives dont educate they indoctrinate.

The problem in the US seems to be that education isn't very good, however you want to teach your kids what? That intolerance is a great thing? I don't know.
Math, reading, True History, things like that... Not homosexual folk dance

Splain

The rich guy will invest it and create more jobs the poor guy will buy a black n mild.

Will he?

Actually the rich guy is more likely to hoard it. The poor people will spend it.

First off, 50% of those receiving government welfare have jobs, mostly par time and temp jobs.

Secondly, the majority of those that do not work at all either have to care for a number of children, have drug or alcohol addiction problems, mental problems, physical disabilities, lack of education, lack of any job training, or a criminal background. They are poor candidates for even minimum wage jobs. I have worked around these people in food banks and a homeless shelter. Believe me you would not even consider hiring most of them.

My major concern with a proposal to stop all goverment assistance to the poor is not so much for the poor but for the effect it would have on all society. However, the chance of this happens is about zero so it's hardly worth discussing.
So you spend/waste all of your time doing all you can for people you don't think are even capable of standing on their own. Actually you never said you did that. You just want all of us to pay for someone else to do it.

How about finding out who pays most of the taxes in this nation and stop posting such utter crap for a change?
They no longer pay more %wise as they always have and should. Corps used to pay 35% of the total, now 10%. Reaganism suqs for the nonrich...

that popping sound you hear is liberal heads imploding, facts do that to them.

But even after seeing that chart, we can expect our left wing posters to scream "the evil rich don't pay their fair share"

Splain

Will he?

Actually the rich guy is more likely to hoard it. The poor people will spend it.
Only if the rich guy didnt work for it like, actors and sports players would horde it but business people would invest it and make more.... I know it is foreign to you the fact that the rich get richer because they actually invest and not sit around and bitch like you.

Last edited:

Yes, but then these people don't just make money on their own. They do need the bottom 50% to make money in the first place, to be able to pay taxes.....

Forum List

Back