Why aren't monkeys evolving now?

Humans are getting larger because there's more meat in their diet. Go to a country where they still eat mostly corn and beans (Mexico) and you will see how small the people are, especially the Indian women.
I disagree. For thousands of years the eskimos ate almost nothing but meat, but they didn't grow large. We've had lots of people who had all the meat they wanted, like families with large herds of animals. But they didn't grow large.

The reason humans are getting larger is because their meat contains growth hormones.
Humans have been getting taller over time. Fossil records prove this. It has nothing to do with growth hormones. :lol:

I'm thinking from reading some of the posts on this thread that it may be possible for a species to devolve. :lol:

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see where the OP said "Oh!" indicating he understood that no science teaches that we are direct decendants of "monkeys".

Is it possible that since we have made it so easy to survive that much of the human species isn't challenged to learn?

I'm thinking from reading some of the posts on this thread that it may be possible for a species to devolve. :lol:

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see where the OP said "Oh!" indicating he understood that no science teaches that we are direct decendants of "monkeys".

Is it possible that since we have made it so easy to survive that much of the human species isn't challenged to learn?
Democrats are definitely devolving. They actually believe sitting home on welfare and aborting their children is good for the species.

Democrats are definitely devolving. They actually believe sitting home on welfare and aborting their children is good for the species.

Are you speaking from a first person perspective? If not then how can we know for sure what the hated "they" are thinking? Would you feel less judgemental if these democrats were standing up? And what about the male democrats? Surely you don't accuse them of having abortions too.

Are you speaking from a first person perspective? If not then how can we know for sure what the hated "they" are thinking? Would you feel less judgemental if these democrats were standing up? And what about the male democrats? Surely you don't accuse them of having abortions too.
What male democrats? You mean the ones in jail? You do realize that the makeup of the democrat party is primarily women and criminals right?

hg6p2xljc0cazlsow2pdmq.gif

Nope, gator puss, you don't speak for all Christians.

Evolution is a non-salvation issue.

The great majority of Christians world wide believe in both.

See, they're able to multitask. Too bad you atheists gave up your own ability.
There is actually no such thing as multitasking. The human brain is incapable of focusing on more than one thing at a time. That's Neuroscience.
Yeah, walking and chewing gum at the same time is impossible.

Hello. I am Muslim.

Do you think you came down from the evolution of monkeys and apes ? What science is this ? This is ignorance.

Hello. I am Muslim.

Do you think you came down from the evolution of monkeys and apes ? What science is this ? This is ignorance.
Mohammed wiped his ass with rocks and married a 9 year old.

Humans have been getting taller over time. Fossil records prove this. It has nothing to do with growth hormones. :lol:
I once worked with a Filipino man. He was about 5'4". He had a lot of Filipino friends who had come to America as young adults. He told me that all his Filipino friends were short, but their kids were growing up to be as tall as average Americans. What can explain this? It's not the air in America, or the water, that's making them tall. Not only are these hormones causing people to grow taller, they're causing girls to have their first period much sooner than 80 years ago. What could be causing this?

I once worked with a Filipino man. He was about 5'4". He had a lot of Filipino friends who had come to America as young adults. He told me that all his Filipino friends were short, but their kids were growing up to be as tall as average Americans. What can explain this? It's not the air in America, or the water, that's making them tall. Not only are these hormones causing people to grow taller, they're causing girls to have their first period much sooner than 80 years ago. What could be causing this?
Better diet.

Hello. I am Muslim.

Hello,

You are lucky being a Muslim and having access to the internet. If you have an average to better brain you stand a good chance to remove that nonsense from your head and discover that you do not need a religion. The information to the actual birth of Islam and what kind of a foundation Islam is based on should make it easy to distance yourself from it. Muhommed and his older wife dreamt up Islam as a way to make peace amongst the murderous Arabs and establish safe zones at the oasis's along the Arabian trade routes. Islam is so extreme because it had to be. Those that didn't sign up and buy in were killed. The result was for the first time as long as time was kept in that part of the world the Arabs stopped butchering each other and the trade routes started getting busy and there was prosperity where before there was hopeless poverty. Islam is simply a nongovernmental way for people to guide themselves. There is nothing divine about it.

Since you reached out to the U S through the USMB I suggest you do a lot of research before commiting to making statements like the one above. You can have access to everything you need to know in seconds.

Yes it is true. We are definitely linked to apes. The genetic information is undisputable. The same forensics that can convict a rapist can easily prove we are 98% the same animal as a chimpanzee or a Gorilla. Your Koran and a thousand Mohammeds could not prove differently.

Good luck in your progression to the light of knowledge.

Humans are getting larger because there's more meat in their diet. Go to a country where they still eat mostly corn and beans (Mexico) and you will see how small the people are, especially the Indian women.
I disagree. For thousands of years the eskimos ate almost nothing but meat, but they didn't grow large. We've had lots of people who had all the meat they wanted, like families with large herds of animals. But they didn't grow large.

The reason humans are getting larger is because their meat contains growth hormones.

Well both sides have some of this right.

Before the invention of agriculture, hunter gatherers of the era were taller and 'healthier' than early farmers. This is supposedly due to the very narrow focus of their diets- anyway its an interesting topic

The Worst Mistake in the History ofthe Human Race

One straight forward example of what paleopathologists have learned from skeletons concerns historical changes in height. Skeletons from Greece and Turkey show that the average height of hunger-gatherers toward the end of the ice ages was a generous 5' 9'' for men, 5' 5'' for women. With the adoption of agriculture, height crashed, and by 3000 B. C. had reached a low of only 5' 3'' for men, 5' for women. By classical times heights were very slowly on the rise again, but modern Greeks and Turks have still not regained the average height of their distant ancestors.

The Catholic Church teaches that the human soul did not "evolve" from anything lower.

What that means is that, at some point in prehistory, God intervened and turned an animal lifeform into a human being, by giving it a soul.

Perhaps God chose two animals to turn into human beings, meaning the Adam and Eve story are not far from the literal truth.

What say you?

Well both sides have some of this right.

Before the invention of agriculture, hunter gatherers of the era were taller and 'healthier' than early farmers. This is supposedly due to the very narrow focus of their diets- anyway its an interesting topic

The Worst Mistake in the History ofthe Human Race

One straight forward example of what paleopathologists have learned from skeletons concerns historical changes in height. Skeletons from Greece and Turkey show that the average height of hunger-gatherers toward the end of the ice ages was a generous 5' 9'' for men, 5' 5'' for women. With the adoption of agriculture, height crashed, and by 3000 B. C. had reached a low of only 5' 3'' for men, 5' for women. By classical times heights were very slowly on the rise again, but modern Greeks and Turks have still not regained the average height of their distant ancestors.
The individual human is not as tall and healthy, but agriculture supports a bigger population per acre than hunting/gathering.

The Catholic Church teaches that the human soul did not "evolve" from anything lower.

What that means is that, at some point in prehistory, God intervened and turned an animal lifeform into a human being, by giving it a soul.

Perhaps God chose two animals to turn into human beings, meaning the Adam and Eve story are not far from the literal truth.

What say you?

Nonsense.

Forum List

Back