Why aren't monkeys evolving now?

If man evolved from the monkey, then why are monkeys not still evolving?

Why would anyone believe they are not.

Do people believe we can stand next to an evolving entity and actually see it evolving?

Yes we do. Where are they? We can't even find one within the fossil record. We can't even explain where consciousness comes from.
There are many transitional fossils identified by paleontologists.

I guess they don't teach you that at the Benny Hinn madrassah.

I will admit that there exist within some in the Christian community that God first created the races and put these over the animals, the fish, the birds, etc. These became hunter-gathers. Their belief is that the Bible is a history of the Adamite race whom God breathed the breath of life into. The Adamites were called "Man" which equates to "thinker". God needed a thinking man to tend the garden, thus he formed Adam of the dust of the ground. These folks claim that by God breathing his own breath into Adam, Adam became a living soul with an immortal component. They also claim these previously created races are soulless creatures. Could it be that all you atheists are from the soulless group?

Has anyone found an explanation of what existed from the beginning of time? Am I to believe that existance started with a big mass of matter that suddenly exploded and scattered round balls of matter to the far end of infinity and WHAM our solar system was formed and we had water and trees and plants and flowers and cute little monkeys running around and the flowers and trees and plants escaped evolution but the monkeys evolved to the point that we now have Obama and the Democrat party walking around on the ground and slinging shit at people?

I think you should stick to wrapping your head around wads of bubble gum. This(your) childlike reply would be an embarrasment to the average 5 year old.
So you have no idea where it began either. Just started with the big bang, Got it.
So tell us what you would explain to a 5 year old when he asked where everything came from.

I don't spend much time talking to 5 year olds. "Where" everything came from may not even apply. One could go on and on into "the past" progressively asking the same question as the last known "creator" was revealed.

Much of the religious indoctrinated suggest god created everything. OK then who or what created this god and so on and so forth. Quickly(for some people) that strategy becomes futile. The suggestion that because the/a bible said so is perhaps the least likely path to the truth.

There are some questions that we with our human brains are just not able to proccess IMHO. To claim you or really any one living or one that has lived has the difinitive answer to this question is clown-like or worse a deception with the goal of attempting to take something from you or I for the inside track on the secrets of the universe.

I feel compelled to dress up in a costume within a room full of supposed artifacts and purported scribblings of ancient ones to address these questions. Nevermind that the farther back we go the less humans knew of the truth of their environment. Why would I ask the least informed people I know of for assistance to answer the toughest riddles?

No thanks...I'll pass on attempting to lie to a 5 year old.

You asked hime where God came from. He asked you where life came from. His question is just as fair and deserving of an answer as is yours.

I did not ask him anything. He suggested that the universe was created with perfect spheres(balls) already formed. Neither one of you are prepared for this conversation.

Do people believe we can stand next to an evolving entity and actually see it evolving?

Yes we do. Where are they? We can't even find one within the fossil record. We can't even explain where consciousness comes from.

I will admit that there exist within some in the Christian community that God first created the races and put these over the animals, the fish, the birds, etc. These became hunter-gathers. Their belief is that the Bible is a history of the Adamite race whom God breathed the breath of life into. The Adamites were called "Man" which equates to "thinker". God needed a thinking man to tend the garden, thus he formed Adam of the dust of the ground. These folks claim that by God breathing his own breath into Adam, Adam became a living soul with an immortal component. They also claim these previously created races are soulless creatures. Could it be that all you atheists are from the soulless group?
The genesis fable is just that: a fable.

Free yourself from the hate, self / hate that poisons your mind.

Has anyone found an explanation of what existed from the beginning of time? Am I to believe that existance started with a big mass of matter that suddenly exploded and scattered round balls of matter to the far end of infinity and WHAM our solar system was formed and we had water and trees and plants and flowers and cute little monkeys running around and the flowers and trees and plants escaped evolution but the monkeys evolved to the point that we now have Obama and the Democrat party walking around on the ground and slinging shit at people?

I think you should stick to wrapping your head around wads of bubble gum. This(your) childlike reply would be an embarrasment to the average 5 year old.
So you have no idea where it began either. Just started with the big bang, Got it.
So tell us what you would explain to a 5 year old when he asked where everything came from.

I don't spend much time talking to 5 year olds. "Where" everything came from may not even apply. One could go on and on into "the past" progressively asking the same question as the last known "creator" was revealed.

Much of the religious indoctrinated suggest god created everything. OK then who or what created this god and so on and so forth. Quickly(for some people) that strategy becomes futile. The suggestion that because the/a bible said so is perhaps the least likely path to the truth.

There are some questions that we with our human brains are just not able to proccess IMHO. To claim you or really any one living or one that has lived has the difinitive answer to this question is clown-like or worse a deception with the goal of attempting to take something from you or I for the inside track on the secrets of the universe.

I feel compelled to dress up in a costume within a room full of supposed artifacts and purported scribblings of ancient ones to address these questions. Nevermind that the farther back we go the less humans knew of the truth of their environment. Why would I ask the least informed people I know of for assistance to answer the toughest riddles?

You asked hime where God came from. He asked you where life came from. His question is just as fair and deserving of an answer as is yours.

I did not ask him anything. He suggested that the universe was created with perfect spheres(balls) already formed. Neither one of you are prepared for this conversation.

Well, we're trying to open the door for you so you can begin cursing and ranting and displaying your vast knowledge. That's what you really want to go so go ahead and do it. Oh, don't forget to call us stupid and mention that we have small brains.

The genesis fable is just that: a fable.

Free yourself from the hate, self / hate that poisons your mind.

It's not I that is filled with demonic hate. It is all YOU think about. I am at peace with my beliefs, YOU are not. I could care less that you are an atheist. You cannot abide that I am a Christian.

I have no trouble with atheists believing as they do. They don't get it, OK.

Well, we're trying to open the door for you so you can begin cursing and ranting and displaying your vast knowledge. That's what you really want to go so go ahead and do it. Oh, don't forget to call us stupid and mention that we have small brains.
Have you started your homework assignment?

I want you to research transitional fossils. Report back to us what you find.

There is no such component in the human body. If your nonsense was original it would still be lacking in entertainment value.

I have no trouble with atheists believing as they do. They don't get it, OK.

They won't let you forget it. That's all that is on their minds. Nearly every post on this forum is a thread begun by an atheist to curse and rant and belittle Christians. Christianity is constantly on their minds. They all believe they are more intelligent than Albert Einstein, even those who clerk at Walmart. They are really quite mad.

There is no such component in the human body. If your nonsense was original it would still be lacking in entertainment value.

Not in yours but in those of us who are descendants of Adam. Us "Human Beings"

Have you started your homework assignment?

I want you to research transitional fossils. Report back to us what you find.

Actually, I'm about to watch a football game. I have other things on my mind. I'm so sorry you have no other interests.

Not in yours but in those of us who are descendants of Adam. Us "Human Beings"

The only way you could possibly impress me would be if you could prove you coined the saying "stuck on stupid".

Where's the monkey who is smarter than the other monkeys, who's trying to evolve into a man?

Why don't we see monkeys doing anything intelligent, like discovering fire, or inventing the wheel, or burying their dead with ceremonial ritual?

Has the evolutionary process stopped cold?
This is remarkably ignorant.

That doesn't change the fact of evolution. You are denying a reality. Humans are changing, evolving.
1). Evolution is not fact. It's a THEORY.

2). You are mistaking adaptation for evolution.

1. Evolution IS a fact. Children aren't identical to their parents. That's evolution in its most minute step. Viral mutation is another example. Bacteria becoming more resistant to anti-biotics is another. The domestication of animals is another. Different breeds of domesticated animals is another.

Evolution is not a theory. Natural Selection is one theory that attempts to describe the fact of evolution. Another theory is Sexual Selection. Another is genetic drift. There are several different theories which work in conjunction.

2. Adaptation is one way life evolves. It is a component of evolution.

Where's the monkey who is smarter than the other monkeys, who's trying to evolve into a man?

Why don't we see monkeys doing anything intelligent, like discovering fire, or inventing the wheel, or burying their dead with ceremonial ritual?

Human beings evolved from the same life form from which monkeys also evolved.

All life is still evolving.

If circumstances that favor monkeys evolving into a species that use fire, invent the wheel, or bury their dead then, barring unforeseen disasters, that's what will happen. But we already occupy that niche so most likely monkeys will evolve into something else.

Understand that atheists have every right to agitate as do evangelicals.

That does not mean we can't call either group for their errors.

What makes you think monkeys have stopped evolving?

The process can be very slow, on an observer's lifespan time scale.

Wanna hang around a few million years to disprove it?

It seems like the theory of evolution is something we're supposed to believe because "scientists say so", sort of like global warming, global cooling, and nuclear winter.

You aren't supposed to believe in any of the theories that attempt to describe or explain evolution - or any other scientific theory. Belief has nothing to do with science. Scientific theories are simply a framework for scientists to make predictions. If, at any time, one of those predictions is found to be inaccurate then the theory is scrapped or revised. Theories are the best current explanation of the currently available evidence.

Nobody has figured out what has happened since the beginning of time. There are theories, but theories aren't facts. And you aren't meant to believe theories. Theories are simply the best current explanation and description of the currently available evidence and a framework in which scientists can make predictions. If any prediction proves to be inaccurate the theory is either revised or scrapped. Belief has nothing to do with it, and neither does capital "T" truth. Science is either useful as a tool or not, and theories are merely an extension of that usefulness.

Forum List

Back