Why Black Voters Should Hate The Democrat Party

5 or 6 states, one of them being strong GOP anyways in Louisianna.

You Democrat apologists got anything else?

Barry Goldwater voted against the 1964 Civil Rights act, and the Republican party promptly rewarded him the same year by nominating him for president.

And which states did he manage to win? Mostly those solidly Democratic states in the South.
Those were Southern CONSERVATIVE Democrats voting with their feet...

...to leave the Democratic party.

and his candidacy went where?

The idiocy of facts and truth??????

Facts confuse you much?

Both Southern Democrats and Southern Republicans opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The split was North/South not Democrat/Republican. After 1965 the once "Solid South" Democrats became Republicans.
Surprisingly, the Southern Republicans are now the base of the GOP having lost the Northeast and West

After World War II, during the civil rights movement, Democrats in the South initially still voted loyally with their party. The signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, however, was the last straw for many Southern Democrats, who began voting against Democratic incumbents for GOP candidates. The Republicans carried many Southern states for the first time since before the Great Depression.

Southern Democrats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't know if you are just being silly or ignorant:

CongressLink: [Congress: The Basics - Lawmaking] Civil Rights: Major Features of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Credit Where Credit Is Due: The Republicans Passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act -- Opinion Central -- GOPUSA

The Democrats, with overwhelming majority in legislature, didn't have enough votes.
Bump for NY...

Bump for RW.

Barry Goldwater voted against the 1964 Civil Rights act, and the Republican party promptly rewarded him the same year by nominating him for president.

And which states did he manage to win? Mostly those solidly Democratic states in the South.
Those were Southern CONSERVATIVE Democrats voting with their feet...

...to leave the Democratic party.

and his candidacy went where?

It went to him writing the book 'Conscience of a Conservative', which became a bible of sorts for the modern conservative movement.

Anyone else want to throw Goldwater under the bus? lol

Why don't you people give it a rest??

Gee, I don't know... maybe it's in response to the 'why all blacks hate the republican party' thread? Or is that thread ok?

Hey, I haven't seen you lately. Hope you have a happy new year!!!

I think that these threads are presumptuous. It's impossible to lump a group of people together and think that they all share a single thought.

This topic wouldn't be such an epic fail if the topic was "why all people should hate both parties". Unfortunetly it doesn't. Harry Reid said something deplorable and offensive. Clearly in this nation there are racist democrats and racist republicans. There are also non-racist democrats and non-racist republicans. There are pro-choice democrats and pro-choice republicans. There are pro-life democrats and pro-life republicans. Racism is as much unique to one party affiliation as any other issue, it's not. Now, how freaking unneccesary was that rant?

You mean Democrats like Robert Byrd? Isn't he the only one still in the Senate who voted on the Civil Rights Act?

The Democratic Party has virtually destroyed the Black population in this country, enacting program after program based on paternalism and misguided notions. It has sapped all the vitality out of that population. This is why when you see a succesful Black businessman he is likely to be a Republican. When you see a party hack, he is likely to be a Democrat.
So what you're saying is the actions of people in positions of power in government can affect people and their personal lives to a point that hinders them socially? So much for personal responsability and pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

"Nut gulper" shows your total objectivity and level of intelligence.

This is just more mental masturbation by the right. Reid made a statement about our society that is true, and now he is a racist. Obama had a better chance of being elected because he was a light skinned Black, and that's the fact Jack-off. Your side has no real issues, so they manufacture them.:eusa_liar:

Even as such, there are still enough so call "Real Americans" who want their country back from a light skinned Black.

Trent Lott wanted to bring back the days of Strom Thurmond, and the right didn't see a problem.

You have become such hippo crits since you lost the election.:cuckoo:

Gee, I don't know... maybe it's in response to the 'why all blacks hate the republican party' thread? Or is that thread ok?

I think that these threads are presumptuous. It's impossible to lump a group of people together and think that they all share a single thought.

Well, it's not impossible in the literal sense. It's done a hundred times a day on these boards. Maybe you meant to imply absurd, in which case I agree.

The Democratic Party has virtually destroyed the Black population in this country, enacting program after program based on paternalism and misguided notions. It has sapped all the vitality out of that population. This is why when you see a succesful Black businessman he is likely to be a Republican. When you see a party hack, he is likely to be a Democrat.

Mopre bullshit.

Let's talk about how the Nixon boys created the Dixiecrats based on equality for all.:lol:

Thanks, same to you.

Just for the record, I said the exact same thing as you did in the 'why blacks hate the republican party'. To me, people are individuals - their race, color or creed is irrelevant.

The idiocy of facts and truth??????

Facts confuse you much?

Both Southern Democrats and Southern Republicans opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The split was North/South not Democrat/Republican. After 1965 the once "Solid South" Democrats became Republicans.
Surprisingly, the Southern Republicans are now the base of the GOP having lost the Northeast and West

Are you either chronically ignorant or merely a liar?
800px-ElectoralCollege1976.svg.png

You mean Democrats like Robert Byrd? Isn't he the only one still in the Senate who voted on the Civil Rights Act?

So what you're saying is the actions of people in positions of power in government can affect people and their personal lives to a point that hinders them socially? So much for personal responsability and pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

Are you saying that government programs do not affect behavior at all levels? If so you are the biggest fool on this board. If not you can't write a declarative sentence worth a shit.

Forum List

Back