Why Can’t A Daca Bill Sail Through Congress?

However, how do you tell a 12 year old kid, who has only ever known america, "sorry kid, you're here illegally, were sending you to mexico".

Tell them to have their parents explain the crime.

Parent to DACA child

I brought you here for a better life

But I broke their laws, and now I must leave, and you with me.

Again...the law was broken out of love of family and wanting a better life for your children

Legally wrong/ Morally right

The law was broken because they wanted something they had no right to have. Only idiots are falling for this "love of family" horseshit.

That is the overwhelming reason for crossing the border

The world looks at them as refugees.......Republicans look at them as criminals

Parent to DACA child

Again...the law was broken out of love of family and wanting a better life for your children

The law was broken because they wanted something they had no right to have. Only idiots are falling for this "love of family" horseshit.

I see them more as victims of their own parents crime of illegal immigration. Why punish them for something that occurred when they were children? And this is the only home country they've known. I don't necessarily think they should become citizens with a right to vote, but they shouldn't have to fear being deported or not having the rights of anyone legally here.

Ok, lets clear out all the noise and partisanship. The Daca bill has been easily described as four pillars.

End to chain migration
End to lottery
The wall
Pathway to citizenship for dreamers

So fund the 20 billion for wall and security and pass the thing. I would vote for this in a heartbeat. It is a reasonable compromise. I would wager a hundred dollars that if this deal was presented to Americans for a vote it would pass by a super majority. Bring this bill in this simple form to the floor and vote on it. This is not rocket science. I can’t believe that even some of our libs would not support this. Get er done!

Actually agree Shrimpbox. Give the orange man-child his stupid wall - Leave Dreamers alone and move on to more important business.

What does "leave the dreamers alone" mean? Does it mean we should allow chain migration and the visa lottery to continue?

That's not going to happen, fool.

Parent to DACA child

Wrong. The overwhelming reason was to take an American job or to get welfare benefits.

Parent to DACA child

I see them more as victims of their own parents crime of illegal immigration. Why punish them for something that occurred when they were children? And this is the only home country they've known. I don't necessarily think they should become citizens with a right to vote, but they shouldn't have to fear being deported or not having the rights of anyone legally here.
So if someone who has kids robs a liqour store, we shouldn't put him in prison? Isn't that punishing the kids for something they didn't do? The bottom line is that when parents commit crimes, their kids always suffer. We don't operate our justice system on the basis of what's best for the children of criminals.

Last edited:

Parent to DACA child

Total fucking bullshit. You don't speak for "the world," moron. They are criminals. They broke the law to get here.

Parent to DACA child

American law looks at them as criminals. Which of the world's countries permit what the Democrats demand here?

Democrats want a clean DACA bill without any additional controls on illegal Mexican filth infiltrating our nation and corrupting it from within.

For this reason...

Fuck DACA and start shooting them and other illegals on sight.

No deal. Democrats can fuck off. You don't get to import a bunch of new voters to try and fuck over Americans.

Democrats realize that we have negative net migration across the US/Mexican border. We are OK with some intelligent border security to supplement a comprehensive
immigration plan.

And...you ain't gonna shoot anyone, pussy.

I am not convinced on the pathway to citizenship issue. Why is it necessary?

I'm not convinced on the end to chain migration. Families are stabilizing elements in a society and having family members there to support an immigrant through the transition to American life is a good thing.

I'm not convinced we need to end the lottery. How about we quit talking about END to something and readjust proportions - increase merit based, decrease lottery.

Wall schmall - I support increasing border security.
Adjustments avoid hard decisions. Trump makes hard decisions. That's why he's president and she isn't.

He doesn't make hard decisions. He makes stupid ones based on his feelings of the moment.
Yeah...like I've decided to be the next president. And I've decided to get in the world's face and tell them America comes first...the days of wanting to be loved are over.

Don't forget to tell them they'll be paying their own way also

Parent to DACA child

American law looks at them as criminals. Which of the world's countries permit what the Democrats demand here?
If Americans looked at them as criminals, there wouldn't be support for them to stay. But I agree with you that I don't see some case set in stone for citizenship. Unless you're a dem looking for votes. (-:

Criminals is the wrong word to use for these immigrants as a group. If that's the case, please notice that there are a lot of people around where I live that run red lights and stop signs and they, too, are criminals.

Again, did you know...?
A vote on the bill that funds the federal government was pushed back to February 8, 2018, and made dependent on a congressional debate on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. If the government isn't funded the IRS will not process tax refunds. So, your tax refund is now dependent on someone else's immigration status.
Also, the federal fiscal year this bill funds started October 1, 2017.

(Please, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Criminals is the wrong word to use for these immigrants as a group. If that's the case, please notice that there are a lot of people around where I live that run red lights and stop signs and they, too, are criminals.
I don't know, when people run red lights in your area, does it cost other people money or jobs?

[QUOTE="Billy_Kinetta, post: 19133046, member: 42958"]I am not convinced on the pathway to citizenship issue. Why is it necessary?

I'm not convinced on the end to chain migration. Families are stabilizing elements in a society and having family members there to support an immigrant through the transition to American life is a good thing.

I'm not convinced we need to end the lottery. How about we quit talking about END to something and readjust proportions - increase merit based, decrease lottery.

Wall schmall - I support increasing border security.[/QUOTE]

That's why we are convinced you are a complete ignoramus.

Forum List

Back