Why can't Public Assistance increase?

You've got to be kidding.....

Wal-Mart Subsidy Watch - brought to you by Good Jobs First

When you're done with that link, I've give you a few thousand more.

Oh! Big businessman, that doesn't understand the difference between tax breaks and subsidies. You on the left are all the same. You think all money belongs to government, and what they allow you to keep is a gift from them to you.

If you knew I was sneaking into your house and taking $100.00 out of your money drawer every week, but then felt bad about it, so I started to only take only $70.00 a week from you, would you consider that me giving you $30.00 a week?

This is the exact same thing you are trying to say with Walmart.

When government takes less money than they used to from companies or individuals, that's not a subsidy. That's simply government taking less of your money--not giving you money.

Then trucking companies want experience, and there are problems getting training. Never seen an ad looking for bricklayers...I think you're dreaming again, dupe. I HAVE seen stories on TV about 100 good jobs and thousands of applicants.

Seems like we have to forgive crime records since most UE blacks have them...

Really? Then try to hire a bricklayer here in Cleveland like my employer tried to do. He can't find anybody to build him a stone mailbox for his tree lawn. He even requested I ask my father to see if he knows anybody, and my father really doesn't.

Not all trucking companies want experience. Some will hire you without knowing how to spell Truck. They will not only train you, but pay you while you learn. They will not only guarantee you a job, but as part of the training, you have to sign a one or two year contract with them.

More and more foreigners are on our roads today piloting a vehicle that weigh over 75 thousand pounds, and they don't know how to speak the language yet alone read it. They are terrible drivers to boot. And several times a year, some foreigner will come running up to my truck and ask me if I would back their trailer in for them because they don't know how. I have no idea HTF these foreigners even get a drivers license in this country, but somehow they do.

But even if you don't want to get stuck working for a company under contract, most driving schools are only a couple thousand bucks, and all have financial assistance.
Funny how the companies that don't care about experience aren't hiring...

Deported is to expel a foreigner from a country.

You guys will do anything to cover for your BOY despite things being done for him in a manner that has never been done for another President. He truly is the Affirmative Action president. He can't do the way the white Presidents had to do it so they make it easier on him by counting it a different way.

Racial slurs aside, how is paying employees a living wage a bad thing?

You're confused. The black President is having things counted in his favor that none of the other Presidents, all white, had counted that way for them. I stated a fact. You simply didn't like the manner in which I said it.

There's nothing wrong with paying a worker a living wage AS LONG AS the skills they offer in return warrant that wage. If they don't offer skills that warrant it, the problem isn't with the one paying but with the one offering such low skills they can't EARN it.

You're confused. The black President is having things counted in his favor that none of the other Presidents, all white, had counted that way for them. I stated a fact. You simply didn't like the manner in which I said it.

If you'd have a point, then you'd post the numbers.

There's nothing wrong with paying a worker a living wage AS LONG AS the skills they offer in return warrant that wage. If they don't offer skills that warrant it, the problem isn't with the one paying but with the one offering such low skills they can't EARN it.

Name one job that doesn't require a certification degree that isn't low skill.

I don't need to post numbers. All I need to post is that the Secretary of DHS said it was being counted differently for the affirmative action President. Just like AA gives blacks advantages in hiring based on race, things incorrectly labeled deportation were counted that way for the black President, although never for the white ones, and it gives false numbers.

I can name plenty of jobs that are one step above what a monkey could be trained to do that aren't worth the current $7.25 minimum wage. I learned to sweep floor and empty trash at a young age doing chores at home. You want a skill that a 5 year old can learn to be paid a wage for which those skills will never be worth.
Our min wage is pathetic. End of story. A disgrace. No end of GOP disgraces, dupe.

Trucking companies want new CDL holders out of farm schools so they can exploit them and pay so little that they have to live in their truck. Then, and the most disgusting fact of the industry are the company lease programs where EVERY company that has one has been charged, fined, and convicted of fraud.

You are so FOS you don't even know what you're talking about.

New drivers are hard to insure. That's because if you are going to get into an accident, it's likely to happen the first six months to a year. So companies can't pay their drivers superior wages because the insurance is so high for the first year.

After you get verifiable experience and maintain a good driving record, you are free to take any one of the thousands of jobs out there. You can work over the road, regional, even local and still make a great paycheck every week. You can even pick which part of the country you wish to work in and which parts you wish to avoid.

Ray, the big thing here is, we are on a topic that is actually multi-layered and complex. There is not a "one right answer" on this, the problem is complicated. Yes, there are certain fields where finding employees is difficult.. hence the high pay rates. This can also vary widely from region to region. I try not to make generalized statements or arguments because the variables are so different between individuals. Saying something like "Americans won't work" is an example... do you mean that all Americans won't work? Certainly, there are some who would rather stay home and collect government checks. I get your point on that, but that's not the only part of the problem.

Obamacare obliterated the private sector job creation in America. It added a massive employer mandate which essentially killed millions upon millions of jobs, created more outsourcing and downsizing and massive unemployment. Those jobs are not coming back and the Marxists are giddy about that... it's the perfect excuse for them to implement more Marxist measurements to "take care" of us. Corporations are "too greedy" and we need government to step in and do something.

What we NEED... is to get government the hell out of our lives and let free market capitalism do what it does, provide a bounty of economic prosperity for all. Once we have done that, we can look at eliminating the waste, fraud and abuse in our welfare system. We have no business whatsoever using our tax dollars to pay benefits out to illegal aliens and those who aren't American citizens. Our public assistance programs should target the truly needy. People who ARE citizens, who have a legitimate need for our help.

I don't disagree with most of what you said, especially the illegals who are coming here and keeping our wages down. But as far as work goes, yes, DumBama killed a lot of jobs. In fact in my lifetime, I've never witnessed such an anti-business President.

New good jobs are a good thing, but that's not going to attract the people that won't work period. As I said, there are millions of good jobs now, it's just that Americans (some) won't do the work.

If you are hungry enough, you'll figure out how to get food. But if food is being virtually brought to your doorstep, then what's the point of getting food yourself? If you are standing in a public place with 17 other people, two of them are on food stamps. That's a lot of people.

We've created a new generation of irresponsible government dependents, and eliminating that is the first step to filling all those jobs out there. When we run out, then not enough jobs will be a problem. Right now, it's not.
More than 2, more like 7. Great job, GOP. 3 out of 4 now will be screwed one time or another, and you think they like it. A-hole Pubs and silly hater dupes...NO ONE WANTS to be on food stamps or welfare. I guess you want them to cry nonstop...

More than 2, more like 7. Great job, GOP. 3 out of 4 now will be screwed one time or another, and you think they like it. A-hole Pubs and silly hater dupes...NO ONE WANTS to be on food stamps or welfare. I guess you want them to cry nonstop...

If you don't want to be on welfare or food stamps, then get a job. If you have a job, work more hours. If you can't work more hours on your job, get a second job at nights or on the weekend.

Ray, the big thing here is, we are on a topic that is actually multi-layered and complex. There is not a "one right answer" on this, the problem is complicated. Yes, there are certain fields where finding employees is difficult.. hence the high pay rates. This can also vary widely from region to region. I try not to make generalized statements or arguments because the variables are so different between individuals. Saying something like "Americans won't work" is an example... do you mean that all Americans won't work? Certainly, there are some who would rather stay home and collect government checks. I get your point on that, but that's not the only part of the problem.

Obamacare obliterated the private sector job creation in America. It added a massive employer mandate which essentially killed millions upon millions of jobs, created more outsourcing and downsizing and massive unemployment. Those jobs are not coming back and the Marxists are giddy about that... it's the perfect excuse for them to implement more Marxist measurements to "take care" of us. Corporations are "too greedy" and we need government to step in and do something.

What we NEED... is to get government the hell out of our lives and let free market capitalism do what it does, provide a bounty of economic prosperity for all. Once we have done that, we can look at eliminating the waste, fraud and abuse in our welfare system. We have no business whatsoever using our tax dollars to pay benefits out to illegal aliens and those who aren't American citizens. Our public assistance programs should target the truly needy. People who ARE citizens, who have a legitimate need for our help.

I don't disagree with most of what you said, especially the illegals who are coming here and keeping our wages down. But as far as work goes, yes, DumBama killed a lot of jobs. In fact in my lifetime, I've never witnessed such an anti-business President.

New good jobs are a good thing, but that's not going to attract the people that won't work period. As I said, there are millions of good jobs now, it's just that Americans (some) won't do the work.

If you are hungry enough, you'll figure out how to get food. But if food is being virtually brought to your doorstep, then what's the point of getting food yourself? If you are standing in a public place with 17 other people, two of them are on food stamps. That's a lot of people.

We've created a new generation of irresponsible government dependents, and eliminating that is the first step to filling all those jobs out there. When we run out, then not enough jobs will be a problem. Right now, it's not.

Well, I know that just recently, my state passed new legislation on food stamps recipients requiring anyone under 50 or not on disability to work a minimum of 21 hrs per month to remain eligible for benefits. So things are being done to reduce the freeloading at the state level.

I also know there are lot of people who get food stamps and other benefits who couldn't survive without them. My father worked for 50 years before he had a heart attack which rendered him disabled. He hated that... could not stand to not be able to provide for himself. He accepted the benefits because he had no other choice. There are lots of people out there in that boat and I have plenty of sympathy for them. I don't want to live in a society that just heartlessly rips these programs out from under people who need and depend on some help.

I agree totally with what you are saying... We don't MOTIVATE people. That's a big problem. You need motivation in society so that people get off their ass and DO things. If you don't do things to motivate, then you have generational poverty and a wider gap in wage/wealth disparity. Like I said, this is a complex and complicated issue and one that isn't easy to resolve. We shouldn't just be offering a "free ride" to anyone who is able to work.

Most jobs absolutely suq in this GOP world of tomorrow. 70% hate their jobs and get paid crappe. Way to break the unions and replace them with nothing, Reaganist GOP...

No, after you get experience, the jobs pay pretty well. It's just that you have to pay your dues like anybody else.

Over the road drivers can make up to 90K per year. Regional, you can make up to 60K a year. Local the same way depending on who you get a job with.

A company I deliver to has a yard switcher. He said his cousin asked him if he would drive in Iraq because that's where he was working. The job pays 120K a year tax free. That's comparable to at least a 180K a year job before taxes.

You guys will do anything to cover for your BOY despite things being done for him in a manner that has never been done for another President. He truly is the Affirmative Action president. He can't do the way the white Presidents had to do it so they make it easier on him by counting it a different way.

I don't need to post numbers. All I need to post is that the Secretary of DHS said it was being counted differently for the affirmative action President. Just like AA gives blacks advantages in hiring based on race, things incorrectly labeled deportation were counted that way for the black President, although never for the white ones, and it gives false numbers.

I can name plenty of jobs that are one step above what a monkey could be trained to do that aren't worth the current $7.25 minimum wage. I learned to sweep floor and empty trash at a young age doing chores at home. You want a skill that a 5 year old can learn to be paid a wage for which those skills will never be worth.
Our min wage is pathetic. End of story. A disgrace. No end of GOP disgraces, dupe.

You are absolutely correct. It is pathetic that it even exists. Thanks for agreeing.

Funny how the companies that don't care about experience aren't hiring...

They're not, huh?

cleveland transportation - craigslist
Most jobs absolutely suq in this GOP world of tomorrow. 70% hate their jobs and get paid crappe. Way to break the unions and replace them with nothing, Reaganist GOP...

According to the Obama supporters, he's created all the job that supposedly brought the unemployment rate down. Since he is credited for creating them, he gets the blame if the suck.

If you don't want to be on welfare or food stamps, then get a job. If you have a job, work more hours. If you can't work more hours on your job, get a second job at nights or on the weekend.
Yup, the New BS GOP world of tomorrow. Here TODAY!! Hopelessness is great! Shytte jobs so you can afford nothing. Ay caramba. Time to vote Dem that's for GD sure. Or get conned by Trump AGAIN...

At least you've got Lyfte there and Uber I guess. NY outside of NYC refuses. Going to a bar in the country is a war zone. For 25+ years. Thanks Law and Order GOP a-holes and corporate swine...

Ray, I love you man-- but you're getting off into some murky territory here. You just posted a CBS News link... (that should be a sign.) This is emotive propaganda designed to appeal to nit wits who think the government needs to save us. Oh, the humanity... most people can't handle a $500 surprise! What to do, what to do?

I agree that we do have a problem with too much government-funded welfare but presenting an emotive argument that seeks more government welfare is counter-intuitive. The primary problem with the lack of jobs pointed out by Muhammed is the result of Obama policies like his ACA and it's mandates on employers. The only jobs available now are shit jobs that no one wants. Part-time work without any benefits because employers can get around the mandates that way.

While we may need some reforms on the government handouts, it does no good to "kick people off the dole" as you say, if they have no opportunity due to excessive government mandates on business. What you'll get is more suffering and crime which will be exploited by the Marxists to push for more welfare and castigate you for being the evil person who cut it in the first place.

I personally think we've made progress in cutting a lot of welfare programs... maybe not enough... maybe we need to cut some more, eventually... but right now, the problem is not the welfare programs, it's the massive government mandates choking business and eliminating the possibility of new jobs. When we see real jobs being created, unemployment dropping, economic growth that is no longer anemic, then we can discuss cutting more welfare programs. I actually prefer welfare-to-workfare type programs which transition people from welfare and ween them from the government teat over time.

I'm sorry to have to disagree with some of your points here, but as a tractor-trailer driver, I can tell you there are plenty of jobs out there. The problem is Americans don't want to work.

In my field alone, we need tens of thousands of workers we can't find. No, you're not going to get rich driving a truck, but you can provide yourself with a good living with many benefits other jobs don't have. With just a year or so of experience, you can get a job with a major carrier like FedEx or UPS. They are always looking for drivers and their local hourly pay is in the mid twenty dollar an hour range plus plenty of overtime and benefits.

UPS starts out new hires on the loading dock or, if they are lucky, busting their asses 12+ hours a day on a package truck. You need to be with them a while to get the line haul runs.

Well, I know that just recently, my state passed new legislation on food stamps recipients requiring anyone under 50 or not on disability to work a minimum of 21 hrs per month to remain eligible for benefits. So things are being done to reduce the freeloading at the state level.

I also know there are lot of people who get food stamps and other benefits who couldn't survive without them. My father worked for 50 years before he had a heart attack which rendered him disabled. He hated that... could not stand to not be able to provide for himself. He accepted the benefits because he had no other choice. There are lots of people out there in that boat and I have plenty of sympathy for them. I don't want to live in a society that just heartlessly rips these programs out from under people who need and depend on some help.

I agree totally with what you are saying... We don't MOTIVATE people. That's a big problem. You need motivation in society so that people get off their ass and DO things. If you don't do things to motivate, then you have generational poverty and a wider gap in wage/wealth disparity. Like I said, this is a complex and complicated issue and one that isn't easy to resolve. We shouldn't just be offering a "free ride" to anyone who is able to work.

You don't list where you live at so I don't know. But I do know that the state of Maine did make requirements for food stamps. You had to have a job working at least 20 hours per week, or be enrolled in a vocational program, and if you couldn't do either of those two things, volunteer for a minimum of 20 hours a month.

Those new guidelines applied to people with no disabilities or dependents. Guess what? Most of those people dropped out of that food stamp program. Apparently they were not as hungry as they thought.

I'm with you, we should take care of those who truly need help. But because politics comes into play, we have more people that don't actually need the help than those that really do. And that's what has to be eliminated.

Last edited:

You are absolutely correct. It is pathetic that it even exists. Thanks for agreeing.
Enjoy getting your brainwashed asses creamed in Nov. You're getting a banana republic right now, dupe. Save the rich! LOL.

Ray, I love you man-- but you're getting off into some murky territory here. You just posted a CBS News link... (that should be a sign.) This is emotive propaganda designed to appeal to nit wits who think the government needs to save us. Oh, the humanity... most people can't handle a $500 surprise! What to do, what to do?

I agree that we do have a problem with too much government-funded welfare but presenting an emotive argument that seeks more government welfare is counter-intuitive. The primary problem with the lack of jobs pointed out by Muhammed is the result of Obama policies like his ACA and it's mandates on employers. The only jobs available now are shit jobs that no one wants. Part-time work without any benefits because employers can get around the mandates that way.

While we may need some reforms on the government handouts, it does no good to "kick people off the dole" as you say, if they have no opportunity due to excessive government mandates on business. What you'll get is more suffering and crime which will be exploited by the Marxists to push for more welfare and castigate you for being the evil person who cut it in the first place.

I personally think we've made progress in cutting a lot of welfare programs... maybe not enough... maybe we need to cut some more, eventually... but right now, the problem is not the welfare programs, it's the massive government mandates choking business and eliminating the possibility of new jobs. When we see real jobs being created, unemployment dropping, economic growth that is no longer anemic, then we can discuss cutting more welfare programs. I actually prefer welfare-to-workfare type programs which transition people from welfare and ween them from the government teat over time.

I'm sorry to have to disagree with some of your points here, but as a tractor-trailer driver, I can tell you there are plenty of jobs out there. The problem is Americans don't want to work.

In my field alone, we need tens of thousands of workers we can't find. No, you're not going to get rich driving a truck, but you can provide yourself with a good living with many benefits other jobs don't have. With just a year or so of experience, you can get a job with a major carrier like FedEx or UPS. They are always looking for drivers and their local hourly pay is in the mid twenty dollar an hour range plus plenty of overtime and benefits.

My father is a retired bricklayer, and because he gets pension payments from the union, they stay in touch with their retirees. A few years ago they sent out their newsletter begging their retirees to find young workers interested in that line of work. Granted, it is tough work, but as a journeyman, you can make in the area of $50.00 an hour including benefits, and up north, you collect unemployment all winter. It's a promising career and my father did pretty well for himself considering how late he got into the profession.

As my day goes by, I ride through industrial areas all littered with HELP WANTED signs. Okay, maybe some of those jobs don't pay so well. But a few of our customers have those signs on their lawn, and from what I understand, the starting pay is pretty damn good.

So I don't buy this thing about not enough jobs. Maybe there are not enough jobs to go around to everybody, but there are more than enough jobs for people that say there aren't siting home dining on our tax dollars.
Then trucking companies want experience, and there are problems getting training. Never seen an ad looking for bricklayers...I think you're dreaming again, dupe. I HAVE seen stories on TV about 100 good jobs and thousands of applicants.

Bullshit. Plenty of companies will hire and train damn near anyone with a pulse to drive OTR.

Really? Then try to hire a bricklayer here in Cleveland like my employer tried to do. He can't find anybody to build him a stone mailbox for his tree lawn. He even requested I ask my father to see if he knows anybody, and my father really doesn't.

Not all trucking companies want experience. Some will hire you without knowing how to spell Truck. They will not only train you, but pay you while you learn. They will not only guarantee you a job, but as part of the training, you have to sign a one or two year contract with them.

More and more foreigners are on our roads today piloting a vehicle that weigh over 75 thousand pounds, and they don't know how to speak the language yet alone read it. They are terrible drivers to boot. And several times a year, some foreigner will come running up to my truck and ask me if I would back their trailer in for them because they don't know how. I have no idea HTF these foreigners even get a drivers license in this country, but somehow they do.

But even if you don't want to get stuck working for a company under contract, most driving schools are only a couple thousand bucks, and all have financial assistance.

They are more than "a couple thousand bucks" for a class A CDL training course! I was told the full class was $10,000, and a shorter course (I have a class B, and already know most of the classroom stuff about routing & logs) was $6000.

UPS starts out new hires on the loading dock or, if they are lucky, busting their asses 12+ hours a day on a package truck. You need to be with them a while to get the line haul runs.

Most companies do require that you work the docks to understand their system. But in most cases, it usually isn't that long because they really need the drivers.

This is the first I've ever heard of people driving around in delivery vans to get a truck driving job. My cousin knows a big-wig at UPS and told me that if I ever needed to drive for them, just give him a call.

But even those van jobs pay great money. I remember years ago (back in the early 80's) they went on strike. I read an article about it, and with pay and overtime, the senior van drivers were making over 50K a year plus benefits.

Forum List

Back