Why did Republicans/rightwing/conservatives claim that John Edwards was unfit to be POTUS?

I could watch that for hours
trump-upset-makeup-line.jpg

Refresh my memory, please. He was running for POTUS against Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama in 2008. But then Republicans attacked him mercilessly as unfit and he dropped out of the race.
Translation: Yes, John Edwards and Trump were both guilty of paying off women with campaign finance money but Trump must be arrested while the DOJ decided not to pursue charges against Edwards.

Translation: Yes, John Edwards and Trump were both guilty of paying off women with campaign finance money but Trump must be arrested while the DOJ decided not to pursue charges against Edwards.

Winner! Great illustration of DemoKKKrat privilege and our two-tiered justice system (one for the elite left and one for everyone else).

Is any Republican going to answer my OP question, or my follow-up, asking why he was indicted?

Are you all cowards?

I'll bet that BackAgain can tell us. I'll bet that CrusaderFrank or Meister or westwall can tell us. None of them are brain dead.
You have me confused with someone else, Synthia, I'm not, and never have been a republican.
carry on

I commend Independentthinker on stepping up, not being a fucking coward like the other "conservatives" on this hellhole of a website, and getting it mostly correct, but not quite.

John Edwards was arrested. John Edwards was charged by the DoJ. John Edwards was prosecuted by the DoJ. Why isn't Donald Trump willing to go through the same exact process?

From Fox, so no one can use their fake "Liberal Media" bullshit:

Edwards got into hot water during his 2008 presidential run when he admitted to an extramarital affair with Rielle Hunter, and was subsequently charged in 2011 with using more than $1 million in campaign donations to cover up the affair.

He was found not guilty in 2012 of the charges and the Justice Department ultimately dropped the case.

Last edited:
Refresh my memory, please. He was running for POTUS against Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama in 2008. But then Republicans attacked him mercilessly as unfit and he dropped out of the race.
He was just another all hat no cattle fraud like Beta O'Rourk.

I commend Independentthinker on stepping up, not being a fucking coward like the other "conservatives" on this hellhole of a website, and getting it mostly correct, but not quite.

John Edwards was arrested. John Edwards was charged by the DoJ. John Edwards was prosecuted by the DoJ. Why isn't Donald Trump willing to go through the same exact process?

From Fox, so no one can use their fake "Liberal Media" bullshit:

Edwards got into hot water during his 2008 presidential run when he admitted to an extramarital affair with Rielle Hunter, and was subsequently charged in 2011 with using more than $1 million in campaign donations to cover up the affair.

He was found not guilty in 2012 of the charges and the Justice Department ultimately dropped the case.
Because the precedent has already been set. They chose not to pursue the case against Edwards and yet years later, they decide to pursue a case against Trump. And, AOC is also guilty of campaign finance violations and New York isn't investigating her at all and not arresting her.

Forum List

Back