Why Did We Invade Iraq?

Cause Saddam tried to kill Daddy Bush....and for the oil. Saddam denied he had WMD even though Bush and DICK made sure all the intel was cherry picked to say he did.

I prefer to think that Bush listened to several prominent Democrats as well as the intel he got from the CIA and other intelligence agencies throughout the free world. For example:

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

I'm watching it now.

Good stuff.

Some cabinet members are revealing information that's not favorable to The Bush

I'd forgotten how staged W's appearances were ... his accent, the "ranch", hand movements, body language.
Not me, that utterly incompetent President is seered into my brain.

He was so terrible.

I remember George "Good job Brownie" Bush clearly.

Last edited:
Oh look liberal scumbags without a security clearance are going to come up with their own lies about Saddam, Iraq, Bush, etc......

Interesting that Saddam trying to sell oil for Euros was never brought up much.

I think Operation Desert Storm was an accommodation to the Bush family's close friends, the Saudi Royal Family.

_41075369_afp_bush_saudi203.jpg

bushtheking.jpg

The gold chain the Saudi prince had just hung around Bush's neck was but a small token of the benefits derived by the Bush clan for preventing what surely would have been Saddam's next move after occupying Kuwait. I believe where the interests of the American People are concerned Operation Desert Storm was a monumental mistake.

If instead of expelling Saddam from Kuwait we had realigned with him and aided him in attacking and occupying Saudi Arabia -- which was largely responsible for the 9/11 attack on our Country (fifteen of the nineteen attackers were Saudi -- none were Iraqi) we would be sitting in the catbird seat of the Middle East today and paying fifty cents a gallon for gasoline.

Instead we sacrificed thousands of American lives and emptied our treasury to accommodate a close friend of and to strengthen the Bush dynasty.

It amazes me how many otherwise intelligent and perceptive Americans remain willfully blind to something so glaringly obvious.

Last edited:
We knew he had bio/chem weapons- Raygun gave them to him lol...but NO WAY ''MUSHROOM CLOUDS''...
My understanding is the chemical weapons we gave to Hussein had a shelf-life which had long since expired when our inspectors found them to be decayed and absolutely inert. So he really didn't even have them.

The most obvious question where the WMD myth is concerned is, if Hussein had them why didn't he use them against us when we invaded his country?

Wait, she's not talking about a gay issue?
And her aggressive style? She's a bulldyke, you think she isn't going to try and be a hyper testosterone man wannabe?

Iraq might not be better off, but at least the rest of the world is without Saddam supporting terrorists.

Saddam gassed his own people. He murdered people practically indiscriminately. He looted the country. He helped his favorites out of Tikrit at the expense of other tribes in the country.
Can anyone honestly say Iraqis are not better off?

Apparently, no one asked the Iraqi's what they wanted. Saddam was a defeated dictator. He couldn't do anything outside his country.

I wish the GOP didn't drink the Kool-aid.

---------------------------------------------

Stephen C. Pelletiere is author of "Iraq and the International Oil System: Why America Went to War in the Persian Gulf."

United States Defense Intelligence Agency investigated and produced a classified report, which it circulated within the intelligence community on a need-to-know basis. That study asserted that it was Iranian gas that killed the Kurds, not Iraqi gas.

The agency did find that each side used gas against the other in the battle around Halabja. The condition of the dead Kurds' bodies, however, indicated they had been killed with a blood agent — that is, a cyanide-based gas — which Iran was known to use. The Iraqis, who are thought to have used mustard gas in the battle, are not known to have possessed blood agents at the time.

Who really gassed the Kurds?

Cause Saddam tried to kill Daddy Bush....and for the oil. Saddam denied he had WMD even though Bush and DICK made sure all the intel was cherry picked to say he did.

Once again for the slow and pathetically stupid, Congress gets independent briefings from the Intel services. If Bush was cherry picking how come Congress agreed with him? Ohh and remember the Democrats controlled the Senate at that time.

Forum List

Back