Why didn't Obama predict COVID-19 and design a test for it?

Why didn’t obama replenish the supplies used during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic?
Why did he also deplete our military of much needed equipment while secretly sending pallets of cash to a terrorist state?
If you didn't know...now you know.

After using up the swine flu emergency funds, the Obama administration tried to replenish the stockpile in 2011 by asking Congress to provide $655 million, up from the previous year’s budget of less than $600 million. Responding to swine flu, which the CDC estimated killed more than 12,000 people in the United States over the course of a year, had required the largest deployment in the stockpile’s history, including nearly 20 million pieces of personal protective equipment and more than 85 million N95 masks, according to a 2016 report published by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.

“We recognized the need for replenishment of the stockpile and budgeted about a 10% increase,” said Dr. Nicole Lurie, who served as the assistant secretary for preparedness and response at the Department of Health and Human Services during the Obama administration. “That was rejected by the Republican House.”

You’re citing an article by an obscure source. I’m I supposed to read that as fact?

Why wasn't Congress working on this coronavirus, instead of screwing around with a Fake Impeachment?

That's the real question, IMHO. Had Schiff and Nadler got together to resolve this pandemic bullshit, we would have never had this current lockdown.

exactly, .. respirator stockpiles were never a priority to even think about. We know what the one priority with Democrats was. They said it so many times in so many ways, Trump a threat to world Democracy!.. must be removed at all costs. Played out right up to the Corona Virus epidemic... These people have not been doing their jobs for the last three years...

Why wasn't Congress working on this coronavirus, instead of screwing around with a Fake Impeachment?
That's the real question, IMHO. Had Schiff and Nadler got together to resolve this pandemic bullshit, we would have never had this current lockdown.
No kidding. The lousy Democrats could at least have been pushing for research on COVID-18. Research on the previous version could be useful on finding a cure or vaccine to COVID-19.
There are two parties in Congress.
Are you saying that the Republicans need adults to tell them what to do?

WASHINGTON ― On top of being a bad president and possibly a Kenyan, Barack Obama was also a terrible psychic.

Or so claims President Donald Trump, who in his struggles to explain why he downplayed a deadly new virus for two months as his administration failed to come up with a robust testing plan has resorted to blaming predecessor Obama ― for failing to develop a test for a disease that would not come into existence until three years after he left office.

“Maybe (Obama) knew it was coming, but he and the ‘Deep State’ kept the cupboards bare,” joked Joe Walsh, a former Republican House member from Illinois who unsuccessfully ran against Trump for the 2020 GOP nomination.

One GOP pollster who spoke on condition of anonymity said blaming Obama is clearly designed for consumption by Trump’s hard-core supporters. Trump and his political team “are all about the care and feeding of his base,” he said. “That’s who he is.”

Trump is always quick to blame others - but never to blame himself or his administration.

You forgot to point out that Obama is a muslim.

WASHINGTON ― On top of being a bad president and possibly a Kenyan, Barack Obama was also a terrible psychic.

Or so claims President Donald Trump, who in his struggles to explain why he downplayed a deadly new virus for two months as his administration failed to come up with a robust testing plan has resorted to blaming predecessor Obama ― for failing to develop a test for a disease that would not come into existence until three years after he left office.

“Maybe (Obama) knew it was coming, but he and the ‘Deep State’ kept the cupboards bare,” joked Joe Walsh, a former Republican House member from Illinois who unsuccessfully ran against Trump for the 2020 GOP nomination.

One GOP pollster who spoke on condition of anonymity said blaming Obama is clearly designed for consumption by Trump’s hard-core supporters. Trump and his political team “are all about the care and feeding of his base,” he said. “That’s who he is.”

Trump is always quick to blame others - but never to blame himself or his administration.

You forgot to point out that Obama is a muslim.

Yeah, I left out that conspiracy theory.

Why did he also deplete our military of much needed equipment while secretly sending pallets of cash to a terrorist state?

After using up the swine flu emergency funds, the Obama administration tried to replenish the stockpile in 2011 by asking Congress to provide $655 million, up from the previous year’s budget of less than $600 million. Responding to swine flu, which the CDC estimated killed more than 12,000 people in the United States over the course of a year, had required the largest deployment in the stockpile’s history, including nearly 20 million pieces of personal protective equipment and more than 85 million N95 masks, according to a 2016 report published by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine.

“We recognized the need for replenishment of the stockpile and budgeted about a 10% increase,” said Dr. Nicole Lurie, who served as the assistant secretary for preparedness and response at the Department of Health and Human Services during the Obama administration. “That was rejected by the Republican House.”

You’re citing an article by an obscure source. I’m I supposed to read that as fact?
What part is wrong?
Who would you believe?

Here's another example of their extreme stupidity.

He can't win with just his base. His only hope would be to prevent over two thirds of the voters from voting.

That's just not going to happen.

Both parties need people like me, Independents, to win an election. Both parties don't have enough voters to win without Independents.

I've been a registered Independent since 1978.

He can keep pandering to his small base but the rest of us are going to do all we can to vote his ugly ass out of office in November.
are you saying you are an independent?.....

You know, while Trump and his supporters might want to lay this at Obama's feet, there is one thing that you guys haven't looked into, and that is the expiration date of PPE. Most of the places that I've seen for masks, say that they have a shelf life of only 3 years, and that is only if they are properly stored.

As far as the shelf life of the suits? You'd have to contact the manufacturer directly to find that out, or look on the label of the suit.

Even IF Obama had completely filled the strategic inventory, just before he left office, the masks would all be expired by now.

You guys gotta start looking at this logically and not just scream "you only say that because you hate Trump." No. I don't hate Trump, because quite frankly, I don't know him personally to make a determination. However, in watching the way he's been running the country lately, there is a LOT that I disagree with.

No kidding. The lousy Democrats could at least have been pushing for research on COVID-18. Research on the previous version could be useful on finding a cure or vaccine to COVID-19.

You're an idiot. Did you get that talking point from Kelly Anne Conway? The reason it's named COVID-19 isn't because it is the 19th mutation of the virus, they named it that because it showed up in 2019.

You Trump supporters gotta quit getting your talking points from idiots. And yes, Conway is an idiot for starting that talking point.

What part is wrong?
Who would you believe?
Are you in the habit of believing everything you read?

You're an idiot. Did you get that talking point from Kelly Anne Conway? The reason it's named COVID-19 isn't because it is the 19th mutation of the virus, they named it that because it showed up in 2019.

You Trump supporters gotta quit getting your talking points from idiots. And yes, Conway is an idiot for starting that talking point.
The correct term is the Chinese Virus cuz they are who unleashed it in the world.

What part is wrong?
Who would you believe?
I'm in the habit of following the sources and links.
They're all in there.
Nevertheless...which part don't you believe and I'll happily do the legwork for you.

The correct term is the Chinese Virus cuz they are who unleashed it in the world.

The scientific/medical name for the virus is COVID-19.

Idiots like you call it the Chinese virus.

I don’t take orders from the Chicom’s mouthpieces over at WHO. I let you rubes don’t that.

Barry obviously thought there would never be another pandemic of any kind since he used up our stockpile and did nothing to replenish it.

Stupid, stupid Nostra. Masks and PPE's don't store well. It was Trump's job, knowing that a pandemic was coming, to replenish the national stockpile before it arrived. Instead, Trump lifted trade sanctions, and encouraged American manufacturers to sell their existing stocks of masks and PPE's to China, without first ordering a supply for American hospitals.

If Trump didn't think to do an inventory and replenish the national stockpile, that's hardly on Obama. Trump had 3 years, during which time he closed the Pandemic Response office in the White House, fired the head of the CDC and replaced him with someone who's appointment raised eyebrows and who's fitness for the job was highly questionable.

Given the failures of the CDC in this government's response, much of that can be laid at the feet of an unqualified and inexperienced Director.

At every juncture in this pandemic, Trump has made the wrong decision. Every. Single.One.

EVERYTHING TRUMP TOUCHES, DIES!
Hey dummy, we have A stockpile for a reason. Barry used it up, then left the mess for the next guy to clean up.

You really are dumber than a box of retarded toenail clippings.

Please give us some "credible" proof that President Obama didn't leave a "stockpile". Also, one of my favorite Trump lies is that President Obama didn't leave any "ammunition".
Already proven, linked to, and discussed in other threads.

No, it has NOT been proven! Conspiracy theories don't count - nor does just Trump saying it. I've never seen any "credible" reports that President Obama left the so-called "cupboards/pantries" bare. None!
have you seen any saying he left them full?......just asking........

I don’t take orders from the Chicom’s mouthpieces over at WHO. I let you rubes don’t that.

What orders? I'm just telling you what the virus is actually called, and that people like you without any sense (Trump loyalists), call it the Chinese virus, just like your cult leader does.

What part is wrong?
Who would you believe?
They're all in there.
Nevertheless...which part don't you believe and I'll happily do the legwork for you.
Sources and links of leftist opinions? lol

I‘ll be happy to read any articles you share from credible news sources.

Barry obviously thought there would never be another pandemic of any kind since he used up our stockpile and did nothing to replenish it.

Stupid, stupid Nostra. Masks and PPE's don't store well. It was Trump's job, knowing that a pandemic was coming, to replenish the national stockpile before it arrived. Instead, Trump lifted trade sanctions, and encouraged American manufacturers to sell their existing stocks of masks and PPE's to China, without first ordering a supply for American hospitals.

If Trump didn't think to do an inventory and replenish the national stockpile, that's hardly on Obama. Trump had 3 years, during which time he closed the Pandemic Response office in the White House, fired the head of the CDC and replaced him with someone who's appointment raised eyebrows and who's fitness for the job was highly questionable.

Given the failures of the CDC in this government's response, much of that can be laid at the feet of an unqualified and inexperienced Director.

At every juncture in this pandemic, Trump has made the wrong decision. Every. Single.One.

EVERYTHING TRUMP TOUCHES, DIES!
Hey dummy, we have A stockpile for a reason. Barry used it up, then left the mess for the next guy to clean up.

You really are dumber than a box of retarded toenail clippings.

Please give us some "credible" proof that President Obama didn't leave a "stockpile". Also, one of my favorite Trump lies is that President Obama didn't leave any "ammunition".
Already proven, linked to, and discussed in other threads.

No, it has NOT been proven! Conspiracy theories don't count - nor does just Trump saying it. I've never seen any "credible" reports that President Obama left the so-called "cupboards/pantries" bare. None!
have you seen any saying he left them full?......just asking........

Yep, I've heard several officials from the Obama Administration on CNN and MSNBC say the "cupboards/pantries" were fine when they left.

What part is wrong?
Who would you believe?
They're all in there.
Sources and links of leftist opinions? lol

I‘ll be happy to read any articles you share from credible news sources.
Who is a credible news source in your eyes?
The department of HHS maybe?
After all, they're cited in the article with links to original budget request document to Congress.

The truth is that your idea of a credible news source is one that agrees with you and your Messiah.

brothers and sisters: if Trump tests all 350 million Americans 10 times, the media and Democrats (i repeat myself) would still say he's not testing enough

Forum List

Back