Why didn't Russia invade Ukraine during Trump's presidency?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Russia invaded Ukrainian territory during Obama's and Biden's presidencies, but not while Trump was President. Why was that?
1. Coincidence?
2. Luck?
3. Stars not in alignment?
4. TDS?

I have read other explanations in the past, but they were so vapid as to not register as intelligent conversation. Please wash, rinse and repeat them so that we can all better understand Trump's foreign policy failures that Biden has had to clean up.

Russia invaded Ukrainian territory during Obama's and Biden's presidencies, but not while Trump was President. Why was that?
1. Coincidence?
2. Luck?
4. TDS?

I have read other explanations in the past, but they were so vapid as to not register as intelligent conversation. Please wash, rinse and repeat them so that we can all better understand Trump's foreign policy failures that Biden has had to clean up.
It would make Putin's prize pupil look bad.

I'll channel my inner liberal as best I can and offer the explanation a typical Democrat would come up with:

"Because Putin was waiting for the signal from Trump to invade Ukraine. Trump sent the signal after Biden was in office, so he and Putin could make Biden look bad. Everything wrong with this country is the MAGA Republican's fault."

See right above this post if you doubt me. :laughing0301:

1. Coincidence?
2. Luck?
4. TDS?

You believe that retard Trump can end the war in one day like he's been bellowing?

i don’t know…

Did Trump have a special arrangement with Putin not to embarrass him?

Trump covered for Putin to remove sanctions and say he
believed Putin over the CIA

Did he get anything in return?

About the time Putin decided to launch an invasion was also about the time that rumors of grave illness started to emerge. Putin wants to end up lying mummified right next to Lenin. Nothing makes Russians more proud of their leaders than big land snatches. He wants to be remembered for something more than just being a thief.

Now that I'm done playing liberal, I'll explain it: Because Putin feared and respected Trump, whereas neither Putin, Xi Jinping, nor Kim Jong Un fears or respects Biden. Trump displayed power and confidence, while Biden only projects weakness and indecision.

Now that I'm done playing liberal, I'll explain it: Because Putin feared and respected Trump, whereas neither Putin, Xi Jinping, nor Kim Jong Un fears or respects Biden. Trump displayed power and confidence, while Biden only projects weakness and indecision.

Putin owned Trump

He did not want to mess up a good deal

1. Coincidence?
2. Luck?
4. TDS?

I don't know and neither does anybody else on this forum.

It does present the entertaining opportunity for the ignorant to make up a rant about the hated other side of the political spectrum.

I believe, Putin even stated, on the record, that he actually believed, that the western powers were negotiating in good faith on those Minsk agreements.

If he had known then, what he knows now? He would have invaded sooner.

He has said so.

1. Coincidence?
2. Luck?
4. TDS?

Why would he? Putin was already getting everything he wanted out of Trump. Trump abandoned our allies in Syria, and turned the place over to the Russians.

He ratcheted back on military aid to the Ukraine.

He undermined NATO.

He signed the Awful Doha accords that turned Afghanistan over to the Taliban.

Forum List

Back