Why Didn't You Vote?

Why didn't you vote?

• Someone's Samsung caught fire and burned down my polling place.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was easier to buy a pack of "I Voted" stickers on Amazon.

• This election was rigged!

• I was scared off by some Black Panthers.

• I was scared off by some Klansmen.

• Total voters
You left off an answer..."There wasn't a candidate I thought was qualified to be President."

I wasn't going to vote for Trump because he is a lying fraud with a dangerous disposition.

I wasn't going to vote for Clinton because she is crooked and got good Americans killed.

I wasn't going to vote for Gary Johnson when the guy didn't know what Aleppo was or who Harriet Tubman was.

I wasn't going to vote for Jill Stein because... she just is flat out not qualified.

I'm sorry I don't believe in voting for someone to be President just because I hate someone else more. I take my vote more seriously than that.

You left off an answer..."There wasn't a candidate I thought was qualified to be President."

I wasn't going to vote for Trump because he is a lying fraud with a dangerous disposition.

I wasn't going to vote for Clinton because she is crooked and got good Americans killed.

I wasn't going to vote for Gary Johnson when the guy didn't know what Aleppo was or who Harriet Tubman was.

I wasn't going to vote for Jill Stein because... she just is flat out not qualified.

I'm sorry I don't believe in voting for someone to be President just because I hate someone else more. I take my vote more seriously than that.

Wait I knew Johnson flubbed Aleppo, but he didn't know who Harriet Tubman was?

My view is different. I voted for Johnson as support for the LP, not because I thought he would actually win. I also voted for a candidate I knew wouldn't win to show the 1st and 2nd place winners that there are active-voting Americans who didn't approve of either of them.

Months before Johnson failed to recall what Aleppo is — Syria's largest city, and one of the hardest hit by the ongoing civil war — during an interview with MSNBC, he apparently had to ask an aide who Harriet Tubman was.

Shortly thereafter, Johnson was shepherded into a room at the convention center that was named after Harriet Tubman.

"Who's Harriet Tubman?" Johnson asked an aide, according to The New Yorker. The aide had to quietly remind Johnson who Tubman was.

Gary Johnson reportedly once asked an aide: 'Who's Harriet Tubman?'

Months before Johnson failed to recall what Aleppo is — Syria's largest city, and one of the hardest hit by the ongoing civil war — during an interview with MSNBC, he apparently had to ask an aide who Harriet Tubman was.

Shortly thereafter, Johnson was shepherded into a room at the convention center that was named after Harriet Tubman.

"Who's Harriet Tubman?" Johnson asked an aide, according to The New Yorker. The aide had to quietly remind Johnson who Tubman was.

Ouch, you never know with the press, but if true that's just........stupid......noway around that....basic history.

My view is different. I voted for Johnson as support for the LP, not because I thought he would actually win. I also voted for a candidate I knew wouldn't win to show the 1st and 2nd place winners that there are active-voting Americans who didn't approve of either of them.
This is the exact right answer.

A vote communicates a message. Not voting is interpreted as not giving a shit.

A vote communicates the message, "Keep doing what you are doing." This is exactly why we should not vote for even a lesser evil. I absolutely refuse to tell an evil, lesser or otherwise, "Keep doing what you are doing."

When you vote for someone other than the top two evils, you are telling those top two evils how much you think they suck.

However, voting for a propellerhead like the Liberatarians is almost worse than not voting. It's dumb to avoid voting for two evils, but then vote for a stone cold crazy party.

And this is coming from someone with a wide libertarian (small l) streak.

Which is why I usually write in a name. Someone who is sane and the better good.

I voted for Trump to cancel out the vote of a liberal :badgrin:
That's exactly why my dad voted for Trump. He hates Trump, but he hates Clinton more. So he justified voting for a lesser evil, "I just don't want Clinton to win by a big margin."

Thanks to that kind of thinking, Trump won.
Tell your dad TY, He is smarter than his son.

Ouch, you never know with the press, but if true that's just........stupid......noway around that....basic history.

Goes to show you how valuable a Poli-Sci degree at the University of New Mexico is worth... or that Johnson smokes so much pot he forgot.

A vote communicates the message, "Keep doing what you are doing." This is exactly why we should not vote for even a lesser evil. I absolutely refuse to tell an evil, lesser or otherwise, "Keep doing what you are doing."

When you vote for someone other than the top two evils, you are telling those top two evils how much you think they suck.

However, voting for a propellerhead like the Liberatarians is almost worse than not voting. It's dumb to avoid voting for two evils, but then vote for a stone cold crazy party.

Which is why I usually write in a name. Someone who is sane and the better good.

...and writing in someone's name is useless because not only is that person not going to win, their name isn't going to get written in enough times for your "point" to show up on tallies for the candidates to know, and also the third party candidates don't get the chance to earn future campaign money for their parties.

Goes to show you how valuable a Poli-Sci degree at the University of New Mexico is worth... or that Johnson smokes so much pot he forgot.

Yeah humanities majors aren't worth much, but I'm guessing the pot, I really hope it's that.

We keep getting more and more evil choices from the two major parties because 3/4 of eligible voters don't vote in the primaries.

If you wait until Election Day to vote, you've already lost. The election is decided way before then.

I'm sick of the American people abdicating during the primaries and then whining about the two choices provided to them by the fucking craziest people in both parties.

Crazy retarded dumb fucks have a lot of energy, which is why they turn out in disproportionate numbers during the primaries.

That's why Trump won the nomination. That's why Sanders almost did.

Vote in the primaries, people. That's where you can make a much bigger difference.

Almost half of all eligible voters didn't vote in the recent election.

What's your excuse?
my candidate was stabbed in the back, multiple times mind you, by the crony Establ DNC machine sooo..... I decided to sit this one out. :)

...and writing in someone's name is useless because not only is that person not going to win, their name isn't going to get written in enough times for your "point" to show up on tallies for the candidates to know, and also the third party candidates don't get the chance to earn future campaign money for their parties.
I write in a vote because my vote is very precious to me. I served on active duty for 20 years, and I've seen how important the right to vote is.

I absolutely refuse to whore my vote to a lesser evil. I will not do that.

I write in a vote because my vote is very precious to me. I served on active duty for 20 years, and I've seen how important the right to vote is.

And my view is different from your's because I hold value in my vote too and I think choosing not to use it is a tougher decision than just throwing down a name so that I can say I voted.

VOTER WRITE IN FRAUD !

I agree with g5000 that voting for someone other than "the lesser of two evils" sends a message and I disagree with you that it's useless.

Consider the election results: Neither of the "lesser of two evils" garnered >50% of the vote. Why? Because of protest and/or third party votes. The 50% number is significant since neither can say they won over the majority of Americans.

Forum List

Back