Why do Blacks vote Democrat?

Yep-I am sure that African Americans love being told by Conservatives that the reason they vote Democrat is because all African Americans are too stupid not to.
If they were born here, they're just Americans.

We are all Americans.

And those Americans who happen to have a darker shade of skin- whom the OP refers to as "Why do Blacks vote Democrat"- I am sure- appreciate being told by Conservatives that the reason 'blacks' vote Democrat is because Conservatives think Blacks are too stupid to know that they shouldn't.

That's not what he said. It's actually a great question. The black community in general is strong on religion and family values. These are Republican values and are generally not championed by Democrats. Republicans believe that people of color do not need the white man's help to have success. We have enough faith in the black community that they can achieve according to their own merits. We actually think it is insulting to the black community to suggest that they need the white man's help to achieve. Democrats clearly don't feel that way judging by their policies and their approach.

My honest belief is that Democratic politicians don't WANT to get blacks or any other minority out of poverty or in a better place in life. Democratic voters do but the politicians don't. Generally when a group starts to have success and they gain money they want to protect it. When you are a tax payer you tend to look fondly on Republican ideals. When you are a tax receiver you look at the Democrats favorably. So getting people out of poverty is the last thing the Democratic politicians want to do because it potentially diminishes their voting block.

Take same sex marriage. Democrats are cheering (many Republicans are too), but while they say how thrilled they are to the media, I can assure you that Democratic politicians are not happy. What do they have to gain the homosexual vote now? The fight is over. Game, set, and match. What cause does the gay community need championed now? You will notice that it was not Democratic politicians who did anything about SSM. They didn't do shit, not even when they had near super-majorities in both houses of Congress and the Presidency. They had total power and what did they do to help? Absolutely nothing. Why? Because it wasn't in their best interests to do so in regard to maintaining a voting block for future elections.

So why do blacks vote for Democrats? Because the politicians have gotten them hooked on the system. I am speaking very generally here, BTW. They have maneuvered the black community into a place where they rely upon the Democrats for their survival and the Democratic politicians keep make promises that they have no intention of keeping because a promise fulfilled is a potential vote lost. Democratic politicians want to keep the noses of minorities right above the water line. They don't want them to drown, but neither do they want them to have success because with success comes potential defection to the Republicans.

Again I am speaking very generally and I am talking about Democratic politicians, not Democratic voters.

Rightwinger

And those minority neighborhoods with jobs leaving are run by Democrats.... Don't you think it's time for the Democrats to take responsibility for their own actions and mistakes instead of playing the tired old line of "you're doing OK while I screw everything up, and it's all your fault"?????

And they keep claiming Republicans are voting against their best interest?

Hilarious

Yep-I am sure that African Americans love being told by Conservatives that the reason they vote Democrat is because all African Americans are too stupid not to.

We are all Americans.

And those Americans who happen to have a darker shade of skin- whom the OP refers to as "Why do Blacks vote Democrat"- I am sure- appreciate being told by Conservatives that the reason 'blacks' vote Democrat is because Conservatives think Blacks are too stupid to know that they shouldn't.

That's not what he said. It's actually a great question. The black community in general is strong on religion and family values. These are Republican values and are generally not championed by Democrats. Republicans believe that people of color do not need the white man's help to have success. We have enough faith in the black community that they can achieve according to their own merits. We actually think it is insulting to the black community to suggest that they need the white man's help to achieve. Democrats clearly don't feel that way judging by their policies and their approach.

My honest belief is that Democratic politicians don't WANT to get blacks or any other minority out of poverty or in a better place in life. Democratic voters do but the politicians don't. Generally when a group starts to have success and they gain money they want to protect it. When you are a tax payer you tend to look fondly on Republican ideals. When you are a tax receiver you look at the Democrats favorably. So getting people out of poverty is the last thing the Democratic politicians want to do because it potentially diminishes their voting block.

Take same sex marriage. Democrats are cheering (many Republicans are too), but while they say how thrilled they are to the media, I can assure you that Democratic politicians are not happy. What do they have to gain the homosexual vote now? The fight is over. Game, set, and match. What cause does the gay community need championed now? You will notice that it was not Democratic politicians who did anything about SSM. They didn't do shit, not even when they had near super-majorities in both houses of Congress and the Presidency. They had total power and what did they do to help? Absolutely nothing. Why? Because it wasn't in their best interests to do so in regard to maintaining a voting block for future elections.

So why do blacks vote for Democrats? Because the politicians have gotten them hooked on the system. I am speaking very generally here, BTW. They have maneuvered the black community into a place where they rely upon the Democrats for their survival and the Democratic politicians keep make promises that they have no intention of keeping because a promise fulfilled is a potential vote lost. Democratic politicians want to keep the noses of minorities right above the water line. They don't want them to drown, but neither do they want them to have success because with success comes potential defection to the Republicans.

Again I am speaking very generally and I am talking about Democratic politicians, not Democratic voters.
Very thoughtfully constructed excellent opinion!!!

We are all Americans.

Interesting theory. So even though Blacks were predominantly republican for decades after the republican party freed them from slavery you think that loyalty will not be the same if poverty was eradicated by the dems?

Uncle Toms?

and YOUR definition of an Uncle Tom is.....
Blacks that will sing and dance to impress whites at the expense of their own Black people.

Sharpton, Jackson....

Odd, they do it all the time, yet I never hear them called an Uncle Tom.
Them who?

'Them' anyone.
Just because you dont hear anything doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Tree falling in the forest applies here.

Rightwinger

And those minority neighborhoods with jobs leaving are run by Democrats.... Don't you think it's time for the Democrats to take responsibility for their own actions and mistakes instead of playing the tired old line of "you're doing OK while I screw everything up, and it's all your fault"?????
Those neighborhoods have been abandoned by the capitalists who used them up and spit them out

Rightwinger

Hilarious
Its more hilarious that the poorest states in the union are republican. Of course these poor whites are voting against their self interest.

Rightwinger

Those neighborhoods have been abandoned by the capitalists who used them up and spit them out
Democrats have been in charge of them for half a century or more.

are you saying the people they elected are incompetent?

Asclepias

You need to understand that poverty is not being eliminated by the Dems. As a matter of fact, the poverty rate is going up, and it's the worst in the cities the Democrats control!!!

Last edited:
Rightwinger

Hilarious
Its more hilarious that the poorest states in the union are republican. Of course these poor whites are voting against their self interest.

Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore....

great neighborhoods for minorities there

Asclepias

You need to understand that poverty is not being eliminated by the Dems. As a matter of fact, the poverty rate is going up, and it's the worst in the cities the Democrats control!!!!
Of course its not. Republicans are fighting tooth and nail to stop anyone from eradicating poverty. Their voter base needs poor whites to have someone to blame.

We are all Americans.

Interesting theory. So even though Blacks were predominantly republican for decades after the republican party freed them from slavery you think that loyalty will not be the same if poverty was eradicated by the dems?

It will be for a while but the clock will have started ticking. The LGBTQ community is strongly Democratic right now. If the Republicans are smart and shut the fuck up about the issue I give it 8 years until there are just as many gay Republicans as there are gay Democrats. One must remember that after the end of slavery, the Democrats fucked up by continuing persecution. They passed Jim Crow laws, the KKK was very active, so the Democrats were still demonizing the black community. But once their civil rights were assured what happened? They switched parties and they did so in a hurry. Why? Because the Republicans had gotten them what they wanted (equal civil rights) and with that done and out of the way, they changed their focus to other issues.

If the Democrats eliminated poverty int he black community I would give it ten years MAYBE before they went back to the Republican party, because then their focus will be on protecting their new found wealth and that's what Republicans do. Democrats tax the hell out of people. Once they start getting rich they are going to want low taxes in order to keep what they have achieved. For a Democratic politician, getting the black community out of poverty is a death sentence for future elections.

Rightwinger

Hilarious

None of them are in the poorest states run by republicans.

We are all Americans.

It will be for a while but the clock will have started ticking. The LGBTQ community is strongly Democratic right now. If the Republicans are smart and shut the fuck up about the issue I give it 8 years until there are just as many gay Republicans as there are gay Democrats. One must remember that after the end of slavery, the Democrats fucked up by continuing persecution. They passed Jim Crow laws, the KKK was very active, so the Democrats were still demonizing the black community. But once their civil rights were assured what happened? They switched parties and they did so in a hurry. Why? Because the Republicans had gotten them what they wanted (equal civil rights) and with that done and out of the way, they changed their focus to other issues.

If the Democrats eliminated poverty int he black community I would give it ten years MAYBE before they went back to the Republican party, because then their focus will be on protecting their new found wealth and that's what Republicans do. Democrats tax the hell out of people. Once they start getting rich they are going to want low taxes in order to keep what they have achieved. For a Democratic politician, getting the black community out of poverty is a death sentence for future elections.
I think that may be partially true. There is a new awareness among Blacks that the concepts of wealth whites hold dear are dead ends. We come from a culture that values cooperative living and community vs individual investment. I think If the Dems were to somehow eradicate poverty they could bet on poor people of any color staying with them.

Rightwinger

Hilarious

None of them are in the poorest states run by republicans.

No...

those are just places that have been under Democratic control for decades, and none of them show any chance of improving conditions for minorities.

You list the poorest states?

fine.

but that affects blacks and whites both.

the cities I listed?

The only chance minorities have is to move.

Asclepias

You need to understand that poverty is not being eliminated by the Dems. As a matter of fact, the poverty rate is going up, and it's the worst in the cities the Democrats control!!!!
Of course its not. Republicans are fighting tooth and nail to stop anyone from eradicating poverty. Their voter base needs poor whites to have someone to blame.

That's total bullshit. Republican politicians have a vested interest in getting people out of poverty. When someone gets money and they will often start to vote Republican because of taxation. The difference is that Republicans say to people of color "you don't need our help. You can do it all on your own. We have enough faith in you to believe that you can create your own success". Honestly, I find the Democratic point of view on this matter terribly insulting to people of color. It's the Democrats who say "oh you can't do it alone. You need help from the white institution". They treat them like children who lack the ability to achieve on their own. It's degrading.

Rightwinger

Democrats have been in charge of them for half a century or more.

are you saying the people they elected are incompetent?

No, I'm saying that cities flourished and drew in workers. Once companies saw greener pastures abroad, they abandoned the workers

Republicans reply....fucking too bad, get a job

Forum List

Back