CDZ Why do Conservatives believe that America is no longer great?

It isn't about individuality but the coming together of all people to UNITE(melting pot) under God , indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. The problem with that is then the government isn't needed, that when people are happy and content, then there is no need for large police forces, or large city councils, as the populace watches over each other and their neighbors. Anyone in the middle 1900's would have block parties, could leave their front doors open, allow their kids to go off and play and not worry about the criminal that in today's society get called the victim, while the victim deserves what the criminal dished out.

The world is upside down, and until We the People unite against the common enemy, Liberals Republican and Democrat(who want to control US) we can defeat the EVIL brewing in Washington DC. but if the people don't, then it is going to lead US to the road to serfdom. The Road to Serfdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Road to Serfdom (German: Der Weg zur Knechtschaft) is a book written by the Austrian-born economist and philosopher Friedrich von Hayek (1899–1992) between 1940–1943, in which he "[warns] of the danger of tyranny that inevitably results from government control of economic decision-making through central planning."[1] He further argues that the abandonment of individualism and classical liberalism inevitably leads to a loss of freedom, the creation of an oppressive society, the tyranny of a dictator, and the serfdom of the individual.

Red:
??? Where do you live? I live smack dab in the middle of Washington, D.C. and I when I'm in town I and my neighbors do exactly those things.

Blue:
In every age it has been the tyrant, the oppressor, and the exploiter who has wrapped himself in the cloak of patriotism, or religion, or both to deceive and overawe the People.

"The means of defence against foreign danger have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people."
― James Madison, Notes of Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787 Reported by James Madison

"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of the body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
Thomas Jefferson

I implore you to look around and find whom it is that endeavors to convince us X, Y, or Z using half truths and contextually invalid soundbites. You'll find it from coming our way from all angles...and yet there are some among us who, due to their own unwillingness to "trust but verify," who choose to blame the short comings that indeed do exist on exclusively one or the other political party's members.

The United States is still very much a great country. One need only visit other countries to understand that is so, and anyone who's not spent a good deal of non-tourist time outside the U.S. just doesn't and cannot see that because all they know about the rest of the world is what they see on television.

It isn't about individuality but the coming together of all people to UNITE(melting pot) under God , indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. The problem with that is then the government isn't needed, that when people are happy and content, then there is no need for large police forces, or large city councils, as the populace watches over each other and their neighbors. Anyone in the middle 1900's would have block parties, could leave their front doors open, allow their kids to go off and play and not worry about the criminal that in today's society get called the victim, while the victim deserves what the criminal dished out.

The world is upside down, and until We the People unite against the common enemy, Liberals Republican and Democrat(who want to control US) we can defeat the EVIL brewing in Washington DC. but if the people don't, then it is going to lead US to the road to serfdom. The Road to Serfdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Road to Serfdom (German: Der Weg zur Knechtschaft) is a book written by the Austrian-born economist and philosopher Friedrich von Hayek (1899–1992) between 1940–1943, in which he "[warns] of the danger of tyranny that inevitably results from government control of economic decision-making through central planning."[1] He further argues that the abandonment of individualism and classical liberalism inevitably leads to a loss of freedom, the creation of an oppressive society, the tyranny of a dictator, and the serfdom of the individual.

Red:
??? Where do you live? I live smack dab in the middle of Washington, D.C. and I when I'm in town I and my neighbors do exactly those things.

Blue:
In every age it has been the tyrant, the oppressor, and the exploiter who has wrapped himself in the cloak of patriotism, or religion, or both to deceive and overawe the People.

"The means of defence against foreign danger have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people."
― James Madison, Notes of Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787 Reported by James Madison

"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of the body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
Thomas Jefferson

I implore you to look around and find whom it is that endeavors to convince us X, Y, or Z using half truths and contextually invalid soundbites. You'll find it from coming our way from all angles...and yet there are some among us who, due to their own unwillingness to "trust but verify," who choose to blame the short comings that indeed do exist on exclusively one or the other political party's members.

The United States is still very much a great country. One need only visit other countries to understand that is so, and anyone who's not spent a good deal of non-tourist time outside the U.S. just doesn't and cannot see that because all they know about the rest of the world is what they see on television.

Then you live in a pretty rare neighborhood.

And while Tyrants might falsely claim to be Patriots, one should be careful to NOT assume everyone who presents as a Patriot is actually a Tyrant.

Or do you believe that Patriots do not actually exist at all?

I think the problem these days is that we hear folks like Warren Buffett say they can afford to pay higher taxes and we think, "yes, well, he can; he's got billions." What we need to hear is the folks who are not that well off, but who are nonetheless in the 1%, saying the same thing...because, quite frankly, it's true for them too. But most folks in that position aren't about to say that because, IMO, they are just plain greedy...that or they genuinely believe that "he who dies with the most wins."
From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. Karl Marx said that right? Or was it Lenin? Don't remember for sure. Point is, it's communism.

Doesn't every nation on earth follow that quote "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" ?

Can you name a country that doesn't?
Does that make it right? If every nation was declaring war on each other, would that be allthe justifacation you would need to do the same? This country was founded, as became great, BECAUSE we do things differently. Individuality (AKA diversity) is not a dirty word, or concept. Why do liberals never seem to understand this?

Of course it makes it right. It is basic common sense and basic humanity

You do not make someone in abject poverty pay the same as a multi-billionaire.......From each according to his abilities

You do not give welfare money to billionaires just because you give money to the poor......To each according to his needs
And there enlies the fundamental difference between you and I. I do not subscribe to any "herd mentality". Ideas must stand on their merits, or fail on them. I reject the notion that it is right because "every nation on earth" does it. No, it is not common sense and basic humanity. Basic humanity would be to TEACH the man to fish, not just GIVE the man A fish. If you take a fish, that I caught, and give it to someone who did not go fishing, that is theft, and redistribution of wealth. Let the man go fishing, if he is unsuccessful and hungry, I will give him what I beleive I can. YOU need to stay out of it.

How about sometimes you should do things because they're the right thing to do?

Red:

Blue:

Thomas Jefferson

And while Tyrants might falsely claim to be Patriots, one should be careful to NOT assume everyone who presents as a Patriot is actually a Tyrant.

Most people who call themselves patriots are not.

Red:

Blue:

Thomas Jefferson

NOt in my experience.

Red:

Blue:

Thomas Jefferson

NOt in my experience.

Then your definition of patriot is far broader than mine. I see self-professed Patriots the same way I see self-professed macho men. If you are one, you don't need to say it.

Red:

Blue:

Thomas Jefferson

NOt in my experience.

Then your definition of patriot is far broader than mine. I see self-professed Patriots the same way I see self-professed macho men. If you are one, you don't need to say it.

Sounds like you are looking for reasons to dismiss or marginalize people.

Why is that?

Red:

Blue:

Thomas Jefferson

NOt in my experience.

Why is that?

People marginalized themselves. I don't marginalize them at all.

And I stand by what I said.

NOt in my experience.

Why is that?

No, people don't marginalize themselves.

You have taken it upon yourself to judge and dismiss them, if they don't meet your standards, of Machismo or Patriotism.

Could you give me the most prime example of that that was passing though your mind as we have had this little exchange?

NOt in my experience.

Why is that?

You have taken it upon yourself to judge and dismiss them, if they don't meet your standards, of Machismo or Patriotism.

Could you give me the most prime example of that that was passing though your mind as we have had this little exchange?

Well we will just have to disagree. But my experience is that people who tell you how patriotic, or macho, or whatever, rather than let what they do speak for them are all hat,no cattle.

And given all of the pretend patriots on this board who turn around and say the Supreme Court should be ignored, you should know I'm right about that.

NOt in my experience.

Why is that?

Well we will just have to disagree. But my experience is that people who tell you how patriotic, or macho, or whatever, rather than let what they do speak for them are all hat,no cattle.

And given all of the pretend patriots on this board who turn around and say the Supreme Court should be ignored, you should know I'm right about that.

Is that your example?

The Supreme Court can be wrong. It has been wrong. It has been very close to being wrong. It will be wrong again.

What I've seen is people cite the Supreme Court as an Authority as though that ends the debate on a political issue.

If that was the case, slavery would still be legal.

I'm sure that is not what you support.

Red:
Perhaps it's not at all that the circumstances I describe are that rare. Perhaps I am the rare individual who has the common sense to know given the rates of things like break ins and child molestations/assaults, there is not likely at all to be a villain around every corner, so to speak. and have found just by trusting that to be so that indeed there is no villain skulking in the bushes to burst through my unlocked door or snatch my kids as they played down the street or in the adjacent woods.

Blue:
I believe there are Patriots, and to the best of my knowledge, they play football for New England. There are also patriots. Some of the self avowed patriots are pretenders and some are not.

Red:
Perhaps it's not at all that the circumstances I describe are that rare. Perhaps I am the rare individual who has the common sense to know given the rates of things like break ins and child molestations/assaults, there is not likely at all to be a villain around every corner, so to speak. and have found just by trusting that to be so that indeed there is no villain skulking in the bushes to burst through my unlocked door or snatch my kids as they played down the street or in the adjacent woods.

Blue:
I believe there are Patriots, and to the best of my knowledge, they play football for New England. There are also patriots. Some of the self avowed patriots are pretenders and some are not.

1. No, you're in a rare neighborhood. What's the average house cost there?

2. Mmm, soooooo, some who say they are Patriots are not really Patriots. That's very helpful. Not.

Are you a Patriot?

Why is that?

Is that your example?

The Supreme Court can be wrong. It has been wrong. It has been very close to being wrong. It will be wrong again.

What I've seen is people cite the Supreme Court as an Authority as though that ends the debate on a political issue.

The court can be wrong like it was with plessy v Ferguson, Dred Scott, bush v gore, citizens United, hobby lobby and heller. That does not give people the right to disobey the law.

Same as the loony "patriots" in Oregon had no right to raise arms against federal officers.

And no slavery wouldn't still be legal. but segregation would be but for people obeying the court.

Why is that?

Is that your example?

The court can be wrong like it was with plessy v Ferguson, Dred Scott, bush v gore, citizens United, hobby lobby and heller. That does not give people the right to disobey the law.

Same as the loony "patriots" in Oregon had no right to raise arms against federal officers.

And no slavery wouldn't still be legal. but segregation would be but for people obeying the court.

If the COurt is wrong and obeying it would be harmful to the nation, then disobeying might very well be the act of a Patriot.

Is that your example?

If the COurt is wrong and obeying it would be harmful to the nation, then disobeying might very well be the act of a Patriot.

So the state of New York should violate heller?

Who decides what is harmful? The pretend patriots in Oregon?

See how that works.

Is that your example?

See how that works.

What's bothering you Jillian?

YOu're mostly getting your lib way.

You didn't expect Traditional Americans to just smile and bow out did you?

YOu know. If you keep getting your way, and keep marginalizing and dismissing everyone you disagree with, we will only grow more and more angry as time goes on.

If you haven't considered that before, it is time to do it now.

supremecourt.jpg

Is that your example?

See how that works.

What's bothering you Jillian?

YOu're mostly getting your lib way.

You didn't expect Traditional Americans to just smile and bow out did you?

YOu know. If you keep getting your way, and keep marginalizing and dismissing everyone you disagree with, we will only grow more and more angry as time goes on.

If you haven't considered that before, it is time to do it now.

your questions are odd. nothing is bothering me.

again no one is marginalizing you. i'm not sure what you think does. i think you're a little oversensitive. either that or you think you should go around our entire governmental system and try to force things only a teeny minority of people want ... on the rest of us.

Forum List

Back