Why do NRA members not support Keith Scott?

why would they need to?
If he was not a felon, then his rights were violated. No?
If he still held onto the gun after being told numerous times to drop it, it doesn't matter.
Do you believe the police should walk up to a person holding a firearm and ask them if they are legally carrying?
Open carry is LEGAL in NC.
He was in his vehicle.
Is it police policy to ask ALL people who open carry to drop their gun??
If they have it in their hand?
YES
While he's in his own car, not pointing it at anything?

"It is unlawful to carry a concealed handgun in a vehicle unless the person has a valid concealed carry permit."

"A person who is not a convicted felon may carry a handgun if not concealed."

"A handgun is concealed in a vehicle if it cannot be readily seen by a person approaching and if it is readily accessible. A handgun under the front seat or in an unlocked glove box or console is illegal. A handgun openly displayed or in a locked glove box, locked console, or in the trunk is lawful. "

As soon as the firearm became visible, it was illegal.

Correct that to "there is no evidence I wish to believe" and its a correct statement.
Show me the evidence to support your position. I deal with facts.

Bullshit. I'm sure when the evidence is released you still won't believe anything that is outside of your narrative on this.
Why don't you eat your own bullshit?
Why can't the Charlotte police release preliminary evidence, like their videos?
Why can't you wait until everything is vetted. This is evidence in a potential criminal case, they can't release stuff willy nilly and ruin a possible prosecution.
What prosecution? The Black officer may be charged, you think?

These cases are usually presented to a grand jury, premature release of information could taint the process.

If he still held onto the gun after being told numerous times to drop it, it doesn't matter.
Do you believe the police should walk up to a person holding a firearm and ask them if they are legally carrying?
Open carry is LEGAL in NC.
He was in his vehicle.
Is it police policy to ask ALL people who open carry to drop their gun??
If they have it in their hand?
YES
While he's in his own car, not pointing it at anything?

"It is unlawful to carry a concealed handgun in a vehicle unless the person has a valid concealed carry permit."

"A person who is not a convicted felon may carry a handgun if not concealed."

"A handgun is concealed in a vehicle if it cannot be readily seen by a person approaching and if it is readily accessible. A handgun under the front seat or in an unlocked glove box or console is illegal. A handgun openly displayed or in a locked glove box, locked console, or in the trunk is lawful. "

As soon as the firearm became visible, it was illegal.

And that comes from where?

Might want to look up the laws regarding felons and firearms in North Carolina
I did, and you are the one who is ignorant.
N.C. Supreme Court Says Some Felons Can Own Guns

• a single, nonviolent felony conviction, including multiple nonviolent felony convictions arising out of the same event and consolidated for sentencing
  • who has had their restoration of citizenship rights for at least 20 years before filing of the petition
  • has no other felony convictions
  • no misdemeanors involving violence and/or certain misdemeanors involving weapons,
  • has been a resident of North Carolina for one year or longer
  • has submitted his or her fingerprints to the sheriff of the county in which they reside for a criminal background check.
Think you're the only one that can google?/

He failed on the 4 I highlighted, at least
Did the cops know that info before they focused on him in his car?
why would they need to?

He was convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. That's a felony.

I did, and you are the one who is ignorant.
N.C. Supreme Court Says Some Felons Can Own Guns

• a single, nonviolent felony conviction, including multiple nonviolent felony convictions arising out of the same event and consolidated for sentencing
  • who has had their restoration of citizenship rights for at least 20 years before filing of the petition
  • no misdemeanors involving violence and/or certain misdemeanors involving weapons,
  • has submitted his or her fingerprints to the sheriff of the county in which they reside for a criminal background check.

why would they need to?
In some cases, felons can have guns.
Did the cops know the facts before shooting him?

why would they need to?

If they ran his car tags, or one of the cops recognized him, they'd know he was a multiple offender.

Which pretty much kills his chance for that exemption

Keith Lamont Scott had a right to carry a gun.
He was in his vehicle.
He broke no laws that day.
Police forced him out of the vehicle and shot him after he did not drop his gun.

Why does NRA not come out and support Scott's right to have a gun?
As you can see you’ll only get ignorance, hate, and stupidity from the right.

And conservatives’ efforts to blame the victim, and demonize African-Americans shot by law enforcement is one of the more reprehensible manifestations of the right.

why would they need to?

Yep, the facts were he had a handgun in hand, that is not a lawful way to carry in any state that I'm aware of. I can open carry in TX. but it must be holstered. If you take it out of the holster in public it's considered brandishing, that can get you arrested.

Doesn't matter. Want to live? Drop the gun.
The cops kill blacks who do that too or, don't even have a gun. Your next suggestion?

My only suggestion: Drop the gun. Turning cops into targets was a very bad move on the part of blacks. Walking up to cop cars and blowing them away has culminated in the cops not taking any chances. If you have a gun and the cops tell you to drop it, not dropping it will result in Keith's scenario. Your choice.

He was in his vehicle.
Police forced him out of the vehicle and shot him after he did not drop his gun.

And conservatives’ efforts to blame the victim, and demonize African-Americans shot by law enforcement is one of the more reprehensible manifestations of the right.

The stupidity seems to be coming from him.

I've posted a couple of links showing the man should not have had a firearm, especially in a vehicle.

and he keeps coming back with 'but, but, but"

He was in his vehicle.

Only ignorance, hate and stupidity I'm seeing here is from you and your ilk, with you folks the officers are always guilty. Feel free to fuck off and die.

What you get is lots of common sense. Keith got the best advice he has ever gotten from his own black wife. "Don't you do it Keith. Don't do it."

What advice would you have given Keith in that situation?

He was in his vehicle.

I've posted a couple of links showing the man should not have had a firearm, especially in a vehicle.
I posted a link that says a man can open carry a gun in a vehicle in NC.
And you have no valid response?
I win. :)

He was in his vehicle.

If the police would have shot him for visibly carrying a gun outside the framework of a traffic or suspect stop, then, they would have been in the wrong.

Instead, the police shot him, for refusing to disarm upon command, during the course of a traffic or suspect stop; far closer to being a Righteous Shoot.

Context - the particulars of the scenario - makes a world of difference.

He was in his vehicle.

I posted a link that says a man can open carry a gun in a vehicle in NC.
And you have no valid response?
I win. :)

"I posted a link that says a man can open carry a gun in a vehicle in NC."

and when he got out of the car with the gun in his hand, that ended.

You lose

Forum List

Back