Why do people hate Liberals?

I hate what Liberalism/Progressivism has done to my country.

I hate no man. So far, I've not met anyone worthy of the energy it would take to actually hate.

Wake--

Regarding your annoyance toward transgender M to F people. Does it matter if it's "scientific"for a person to do whatever is needed to feel happy and true to themselves?

As long as it isn't hurting that one or you, why would it annoy you?

Honestly, and with respect to you, I am not going to derail this thread into a discussion about this, so I will share one thought and leave it at that.

People have the right to do what they want to themselves. It is when they do this, and then claim it as scientific, that it becomes an issue to address. As long as you do not make claims to scientific fact—and this includes the religious as well who do attempt this—you may do whatever you wish to feel happy and true to yourself so long as you are not hurting anyone else.

Wake--

Regarding your annoyance toward transgender M to F people. Does it matter if it's "scientific"for a person to do whatever is needed to feel happy and true to themselves?

As long as it isn't hurting that one or you, why would it annoy you?

Honestly, and with respect to you, I am not going to derail this thread into a discussion about this, so I will share one thought and leave it at that.

People have the right to do what they want to themselves. It is when they do this, and then claim it as scientific, that it becomes an issue to address. As long as you do not make claims to scientific fact—and this includes the religious as well who do attempt this—you may do whatever you wish to feel happy and true to yourself so long as you are not hurting anyone else.
Well, it's debate material. There are some correlation that can be looked at scientifically for the transgender phenomenon. The point is whether you can have an open mind or not

I hate no man. So far, I've not met anyone worthy of the energy it would take to actually hate.

I think this is a good idea. There's aspects of each ideology that I don't agree with, but in spite of that I don't allow a difference on belief cause me to hate someone.

I think this is a good idea. There's aspects of each ideology that I don't agree with, but in spite of that I don't allow a difference on belief cause me to hate someone.
I'm 66 years old. If I had allowed myself to feel hate for every one I've disagreed with over the years, the pile of bodies would be huge. My dad was a Democrat all his life. We had many a spirited debate on politics, but I loved him always.
It's easier to love than hate and feels better too.
Assholes are only worth apathy.

I'm 66 years old. If I had allowed myself to feel hate for every one I've disagreed with over the years, the pile of bodies would be huge. My dad was a Democrat all his life. We had many a spirited debate on politics, but I loved him always.

Or ignore. Lol.

We loathe liberals because they are traitorous, dishonest, and have no respect for people or for life itself.

Or ignore. Lol.
Some get that, some get repeated beat downs.

Or ignore. Lol.

We can ignore those who are simply being who and what they are no matter how offensive or non productive or wrong that may appear to us. Not so easy to ignore those who have the power and intend to use it to impose their offensive or non productive or dangerous or wrong values, ideas, programs, requirements on the rest of us.

Or ignore. Lol.

We can ignore those who are simply being who and what they are no matter how offensive or non productive or wrong that may appear to us. Not so easy to ignore those who have the power and intend to use it to impose their offensive or non productive or dangerous or wrong values, ideas, programs, requirements on the rest of us.
Ultimately, none of us are victims. IMO, dealing with bad behavior in others is an inside job. We can't go around policing the universe. We can take space from someone who is determined to harm. Pull far enough back so that the heart can remain open and compassionate to ourselves and to the one doing harm.

Fun to push down the stairs? Maybe you actually like the guy enough to continue to have contact with him, however aggressively!

Or ignore. Lol.

Ultimately, none of us are victims. IMO, dealing with bad behavior in others is an inside job. We can't go around policing the universe. We can take space from someone who is determined to harm. Pull far enough back so that the heart can remain open and compassionate to ourselves and to the one doing harm.

It has nothing to do with our attitude toward one doing harm. It has everything to do with not allowing others to deliberately or inadvertently do harm to us. And when it comes to those with power to influence and/or pass legislation or write laws/regulations that bind us, it really does come down to a matter of self defense.

Or ignore. Lol.

It has nothing to do with our attitude toward one doing harm. It has everything to do with not allowing others to deliberately or inadvertently do harm to us. And when it comes to those with power to influence and/or pass legislation or write laws/regulations that bind us, it really does come down to a matter of self defense.
OK. We see things differently.

Or ignore. Lol.

Probably so. But as long as political correctness requires us to see liberalism as something nobel and honorable even as it does serious harm to our society and form of government, it is a shame that so many see things differently.

Or ignore. Lol.

Probably so. But as long as political correctness requires us to see liberalism as something nobel and honorable even as it does serious harm to our society and form of government, it is a shame that so many see things differently.
Sorry to hear you say that, (as a lifelong, liberal). As far as nobility is concerned, if I can see something honorable and noble in conservative people regardless of their political opinions, I wonder why you can't see that in liberals.

It all comes from caring, and feeling from the bottom of each of our hearts that the policies coming out of compromise between the partiies is the way to accomplish great benefit for our country.

IMO, good heart doesn't have a political position. We lose that everytime we objectify each other instead of connecting as fellow human beings and American citizens.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back