Why do people hate Liberals?

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

I dont hate liberals.....None of you are liberals you are all progressives and I dont hate them I just fight against them cause I love my country.

Oh no....according to YOU, the majority of the CIA and US military "don't love this country.":badgrin:

Meanwhile you're in a mold invested trailer home digging the Doritos from your pubic hairs telling them they're unAmerican.

I dont hate liberals.....None of you are liberals you are all progressives and I dont hate them I just fight against them cause I love my country.
Do you support:
  • the war in Iraq
  • the Patriot Act
  • indefinate detention
Because if you do, you don't love this country.

Freewill -

Are you really giving the Bush adminstration a pass for eight years of failed economic policies?

I am not absolving anyone who was involved from blame. So are you giving Obama and the democrats after 3 1/2 years of doing exactly what they wanted with control of the Senate and WH and 3 years before that control of Congress NO blame?

Now, if you want to have a discussion on what caused the stock market crash which caused or was the result of the housing bubble burst then name the BUSH policy that you think caused the situation.

You see this is the problem with today's right wing Fox News brainwashed parrots. We don't argue over philosophy, we argue over facts vs. the propaganda LIES the right wing parrots chirp.

I'd be happy to school you on what caused the stock market crash and the housing bubble burst, but it will be very painful for you to face. I will tell you right now what DIDN'T cause it...it was NOT Fannie, it was NOT Freddie, it was NOT selling homes to lower income Americans and it was NOT government regulations. It was cause by a LACK of government regulation of the private sector.

But if you insist on blaming government...START HERE

Bush's 'ownership society'

"America is a stronger country every single time a family moves into a home of their own," George W. Bush said in October 2004. To achieve his vision, Bush pushed new policies encouraging homeownership, like the "zero-down-payment initiative," which was much as it sounds—a government-sponsored program that allowed people to get mortgages without a down payment. More exotic mortgages followed, including ones with no monthly payments for the first two years. Other mortgages required no documentation other than the say-so of the borrower. Absurd though these all were, they paled in comparison to the financial innovations that grew out of the mortgages—derivatives built on other derivatives, packaged and repackaged until no one could identify what they contained and how much they were, in fact, worth.

As we know by now, these instruments have brought the global financial system, improbably, to the brink of collapse.

End of the ‘Ownership Society’

Oh no....according to YOU, the majority of the CIA and US military "don't love this country.":badgrin:

Meanwhile you're in a mold invested trailer home digging the Doritos from your pubic hairs telling them they're unAmerican.
Now you're just making more shit up because you got no point.

If there are people who actually, literally hate others simply because of their political opinions, I'd have more questions about the haters than the hatees.

And a lot of people hate others, because that's all the know.

They find comfort in what's familiar.

Lets not forget the $12 billion in CASH that was flown to Iraq and came up missing? I wonder how exactly enough cash to fill 10's of semi's actually comes up missing in haliburton-land....er....cheneyland....er....Iraq>:badgrin:

Yes, there is A LOT of waste in whatever the government does. That is the conservative point of view, get the government waste out of society and allow free enterprise to grow. But you example is not an example of policy it is a talking point.

You'd have a point if this gov was in fact the gov of the PEOPLE, not the MINORITY 1% as it now and has been since trickle-down bs economics began. Look at the big picture and put some real thought into it for a change:cool:

To get the waste out of gov would be to get the MINORITY 1% out of running what was started as We The People's gov.

Emo-clown :rolleyes:

You HATE the CIA and US military for removing Saddam from power and killing terrorists there.

Also, you hate those that supported the war in Iraq.

See how this works, asswipe.

If there are people who actually, literally hate others simply because of their political opinions, I'd have more questions about the haters than the hatees.

And a lot of people hate others, because that's all the know.

They find comfort in what's familiar.

You HATE the CIA and US military for removing Saddam from power and killing terrorists there.

Also, you hate those that supported the war in Iraq.

See how this works, asswipe.
You deciding for yourself what I hate, instead of asking me what I hate, doesn't work at all. Unless you're a fuckin' pussy who doesn't have the balls to discuss the issue like a rational adult.

Forum List

Back