• His love of America

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • His calling the USSR an Evil empire

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • His Crushing defeat of the USSR

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • His ability to ridicule the stupidity of Progressives

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • other...Boooosh, etc. pick your own you lazy slugs. dafuq you want me to do all the work for you?

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
How did I fuck up asshole. You have shown nothing whatsoever that any of the four kids killed had anything to do with the burning down of a building. They guardsman shot randomly into a crowd and killed innocent students.
They weren't innocent if they were there in the mob. And shooting into a crowd by definition is 'random'. Would it make you feel better to learn specific people were targeted?

The Boland Amendment forbade funds allocated the DoD or any other agency from being spent on the Contra forces or any other military or quasi military forces in Central America.

False, though I've seen your side try this before. Boland prohibited military intervention for the purpose of overthrowing the Sandanista government - that is all it did. As noted, Boland is unconstitutional on it's face, Congress has no power to dictate foreign policy. But further, the funding of the anti-Communists certainly mucked up the plans of the Soviet agents in Congress, but did not violate Boland.

The traitors were in a bad spot, a specific call to support the USSR would not play well in the press, though this is what the tacitly did. A directive to keep the American forces out of Nicaragua would go to court, where such a clear unconstitutional act would be crushed,

So the 5th Column created this pile of slop, that specified funding military action to overthrow the Soviet satellite could not be done.

That is why Reagan administration had to sell TOW and HAWK missiles for funding. The sale of those arms, even as you mistakenly claim "parts" violated the Arms Export Control Act and National Security Act of 1947. The sales being made to and through a third source is irrelevant if the final recipient is known to be on a specifically designated party on an exclusion list. Iran was an officially listed terrorist nation.

The problem you have of course is that America and no American company sold any parts. While I would be inclined to agree that using Israel to sell these parts was a sleazy move, it was also perfectly legal.

Notice that the ONLY indictments involved perjury and withholding evidence. The $65 million witch hunt could never find any actual crimes.

But because these were Republicans, obstructing justice was a crime in itself. How different the law is for Obama and his Shock Collar, who obstruct justice every day. Say, where IS the Lerner hard drive - ah but democrats are more equal the Republicans....

You really turned out to be an asshole dude. Lining yourself with uncensored shows your lack of character. Coupled with you childish behavior you have shown yourself to be a real fool. And for the record, none of the kids shot and killed at Kent State burned down any buildings.

Aligning Comrade, ALIGNING.

Your English is poor, if only we used your native Russian, nyet?

How did I fuck up asshole. You have shown nothing whatsoever that any of the four kids killed had anything to do with the burning down of a building. They guardsman shot randomly into a crowd and killed innocent students.
They weren't innocent if they were there in the mob. And shooting into a crowd by definition is 'random'. Would it make you feel better to learn specific people were targeted?

Like I told that clown. The National Guard were there and loaded for bear. Now, I will admit to NOT being the sharpest knife in the damned drawer, but when I see loaded weapons being pointed at ME - I'm outta there. Guess those "Intellectuals" thought they were kidding when they said "Disperse or be fired upon".

I will say this, however, it's a damned shame that Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn and Ward Churchill weren't the ones killed that day - but those assholes I'm sure were somewhere else plotting the destruction of America.

You really turned out to be an asshole dude. Lining yourself with uncensored shows your lack of character. Coupled with you childish behavior you have shown yourself to be a real fool. And for the record, none of the kids shot and killed at Kent State burned down any buildings.

Indeed. I was a mere communications major (with a minor in Political Science) but if memory serves - isn't the proper vernacular "aligning"????

Even Randall pointed out that many of the students were merely walking through the protesters on there way to class. One of the most famous photo's, written in song, shows a girl dead on the ground with her school books scattered near her. America lost on that day. Support for the war dropped to below 40% and the country began to view all nationa

I uses the word lining as a verb and idiom stupid.

Even Randall pointed out that many of the students were merely walking through the protesters on there way to class. One of the most famous photo's, written in song, shows a girl dead on the ground with her school books scattered near her. America lost on that day. Support for the war dropped to below 40% and the country began to view all nationa

OK, again for the mentally challenged. I'll even put it in caps - perhaps you are visually impaired?

FUCK GOING TO CLASS IN THE MIDDLE OF A RIOT. WHAT PART OF THAT ARE YOU INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING!?!?! SCREW CLASSES ON MONDAY!! GET THE DAMNED RIOT CLEANED UP AND I WILL ATTEND CLASSES ON TUESDAY!!

Oh and you're use of an idiom is incorrect, moron (that is an idiom).

I will say this, however, it's a damned shame that Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn and Ward Churchill weren't the ones killed that day - but those assholes I'm sure were somewhere else plotting the destruction of America.
Maybe because cowards don't take the front lines. It's a special kind of stupid to throw rocks at armed men, I didn't need a college education to get me up to speed either.

OK, again for the mentally challenged. I'll even put it in caps - perhaps you are visually impaired?

FUCK GOING TO CLASS IN THE MIDDLE OF A RIOT. WHAT PART OF THAT ARE YOU INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING!?!?! SCREW CLASSES ON MONDAY!! GET THE DAMNED RIOT CLEANED UP AND I WILL ATTEND CLASSES ON TUESDAY!!

There was no riot and class's hadn't been canceled. They hadn't been canceled because protest at universities and colleges occurred on a regular basis all over the country. National Guard troops had never fired on students before. These kinds of protest had become routine on campuses all over America. What happened at Kent State was an ambush. An out of control National Guard unit that did the unthinkable and fired upon unarmed American citizens.
Tet didn't end the Vietnam War. Kent State ended the Vietnam War. Congress didn't lose the Vietnam War. Kent State lost the Vietnam War.

Maybe because cowards don't take the front lines. It's a special kind of stupid to throw rocks at armed men, I didn't need a college education to get me up to speed either.

Indeed. I will promise you that those assholes (Ayers, Dohrn and especially Churchill) would never confront ANYTHING head on. Cowards.

There was no riot and class's hadn't been canceled. They hadn't been canceled because protest at universities and colleges occurred on a regular basis all over the country. National Guard troops had never fired on students before. These kinds of protest had become routine on campuses all over America. What happened at Kent State was an ambush. An out of control National Guard unit that did the unthinkable and fired upon unarmed American citizens.
Tet didn't end the Vietnam War. Kent State ended the Vietnam War. Congress didn't lose the Vietnam War. Kent State lost the Vietnam War.

Fucking idiot. Were you even alive then!?!? Every newspaper in the world reported that on Monday May 4th, there was a demonstration that quickly turned violent. Now, you are a 18-19-24 year old kid and you see the shit hitting the fan. What do you do? Pick up a rock and throw it? Or do you get the hell out of the AO?

Jesus, I guess common sense just doesn't exist in college kids....but I'll tell you this...I was a 24 year old kid, fresh from Viet Nam - and being called the worst invectives you can imagine - and I would have enough damned sense to get the hell out of there.

Again - if you don't want trouble - get the hell away from trouble. It's common sense "dude"

Well, what law did Reagan break in trading arms for hostages (whom we didn't get back for the arms, btw)? Reagan's admin broke the law in using money Iran paid us for the arms to buy different arms for the contras. Reagan's personal knowledge was never shown.

Reagan couldn't remember if he brushed his teeth at that point in his life. Sad but true...

I'm trying to get a handle on Why Progressives Hate Reagan. Is it that he was a dictator who ignored Tip O'Neill's Congress and just ordered the government to spend and spend and spend?

Was it the stock market?

His love of American?

What?

They hate him because he was a successful republican president that a majority of the country loved and respected. They hate him because he did the job of president rather that playing in the celebrity aspects of president. They hate him because he won 49 states. They hate him because they thought obama would be the next Reagan rather that the massive failure that he is.

Well, what law did Reagan break in trading arms for hostages (whom we didn't get back for the arms, btw)? Reagan's admin broke the law in using money Iran paid us for the arms to buy different arms for the contras. Reagan's personal knowledge was never shown.

Reagan couldn't remember if he brushed his teeth at that point in his life. Sad but true...

Yes, Nancy ran the country in his last year, and did a pretty good job of it.

I love it when people tell me who I am and mess it up so badly it hurts.

This is a message board - you are what you post here.

And what makes you think I'm a Communist then? Or is it merely just a cheap jibe, haven't got out of the Cold War mentality where if you don't like someone you call them a Communist? Basically you're being petty.

No, I'm not a Communist,

In this forum, you advocate for a command economy and the authoritarian controls by our rulers in Washington DC needed to enforce the will of the party on all Americans.

You can call it "Goldilocks," but reality won't be altered.

Do I? Really?
Also, you do realise that Communism isn't about authoritarian controls and that it's about the people in charge, right? ie, the USSR wasn't Communist. You're talking one party, almost far right policies.

Oh, did I tell you that I've never voted for Obama? That clearly makes me an "Obamunist" right?

So.... you said middle class and you clearly can read because yes, I wrote working class. Er..... so...... what's your point? That you can spot the difference?

"Working Class" is a Marxian construct that precludes the middle. The bane of the left has always been the middle, the Bourgeoisie. Nothing has changed except the buzz words, the goal is still to destroy the transitional class that bridges the peasants to the ruling elite. The rise of the middle class during the Market Revolution altered the nation in a profound way, giving huge political and economic power to the masses

The destruction of the middle class under Obama and the democrats is having just as profound of an effect. I did better than my parents, more education and more income. My children will not do as well as I - there children will not do as well as they. The great leveling will push the middle down. The most menial and valueless will be paid the same as the most productive. But all save the rulers will live hand to mouth, at the pleasure of the state.

$15 minimum wage? $50 minimum wage - it's all the same, it is the concept that value is not a factor, that all will be paid the same, regardless of what they produce.

Or to put it in the words of Obama, "to each according to their needs, from each according to their ability."

You say this isn't Communism - but in the clear light of sobriety - it certainly is.

Er.... so me saying "working class" which is a normal phrase to use for a large part of society, accepted by even the most right wing, suddenly turns me into someone who wants to destroy the middle class (what class am I? You don't even know.) and wants massive minimum wage.

Jeez, this is impossible. If I say anything you're going to jump on it and talk complete and utter shite and claim you know me better than I know myself.

I'm not playing this childish game.

[
I can understand the hatred you feel.

The USSR was the sum of the hopes and dreams you had - fuck, Obama is recreating it as we speak - so when Reagan brought it down, he destroyed your dreams.

You of the left exist purely on demagoguery - slander, libel, smears, and general filth is what you bring to this world. In the early 90's, I had some concern that the filthy lies you tell might actually tarnish the greatest president of the 20th century - but they didn't. That ship has long ago sailed. The lies you tell now only excite your fellow leftists. The general public doesn't believe your idiotic shit - and never will.

Um, the real Ronald Reagan gave Amnesty to illegals, raised taxes to save social security, appointed moderates to the Supreme Court, made deals with terrorists, tripled the national debt and did a whole bunch of other things you guys say you are against. He turned a blind eye when the USSR clamped down on Poland. It wasn't in our national interest to have a war.

The thing is, because Reagan is the only Republican since Ike who wasn't a complete obvious fucking disaster, you are the ones who are having to rewrite history to preserve a hero.

The real Reagan would get denounced as a "RINO" today. The mythical Reagan was a paragon of Conservative values who never compromised and brought down the USSR*. and I know you guys really need to believe that.

(*-The USSR didn't come down until after Reagan left, and no one saw it coming. It certainly had nothing to do with him, but don't tell the worshippers of Mythical Reagan that.)

You mean other than the economic collapse that was already underway?

Yes, she was able to buy the best fortune tellers and clairvoyants that money could buy. I hope you slept better at night knowing the future of your country was decided on the configuration of the stars...:banana:

Let's see...

1. Iranian Hostage Crisis Solved...
  2. Double Digit Inflation Solved...
  3. Ended the Cold War...
These are all accomplishments, yet the Left Leaning Liberals of this world will try and convince us we paid too big of a price for these...

Tell me more about this Iran Hostage Crisis and what Reagan did to end it.

Did you forget?

I'm sure you know the story...

Let me remind you...

Does the arms for hostages bother you?

Tell me more of how this bothers you...

If you're talking about the Iranian hostages that were released seconds after reagan took the oath of office then reagan had nothing to do with it. He had been president for minutes. He didn't have a chance to do anything about it.

If you're talking about the hostages that were released when reagan committed treason, I wouldn't be proud of what he did if I were you.

In fact, reagan wasn't proud if it. He lied about it and when he had to confess the truth to his lies, he pulled a nixon and said in his heart he didn't trade arms for hostages.

What kind of American is proud of treason?

Are you that naïve?

Carter failed miserably...

Treason? Really, take the blue pill then...

Forum List

Back