• His love of America

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • His calling the USSR an Evil empire

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • His Crushing defeat of the USSR

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • His ability to ridicule the stupidity of Progressives

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • other...Boooosh, etc. pick your own you lazy slugs. dafuq you want me to do all the work for you?

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
Try this it may help you to understand...

If after 8 attempts you still feel confused, give up...

:bang3::bang3::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Banghead, I was asking for your version of the events. Sometimes with a spin they sound less terrible. In another thread a fella was telling me how the Germans "almost" won at Kursk. I think Manstein was just pissed at being forced to start an offensive amd not being allowed to finish and two divisions would not have made the difference in the attack because his army couldn't hold the soviets in place much less take ground.

Sorry to ask for you to type more about the hostage thing you brought up though. I did not mean to cause you that much frustration.

The only frustration is having to respond to stupid people such as yourself...

Carter was a disaster and most Americans agreed at that time hence Reagan's landslide victory...

We don't agree how strange is that? Not strange at all...

The hostages are released within minutes of the conclusion of Reagan's inauguration ending, just coincidence? Only to a mental midget...

I am happy with my version and if you're not I could careless...

Ayn Rand couldn't stand Reagan either, and claimed he and his ilk would destroy the American people's faith in capitalism.
Ann Rand saw a Russian film once and objected because the people in the film were smiling.

I'm trying to get a handle on Why Progressives Hate Reagan. Is it that he was a dictator who ignored Tip O'Neill's Congress and just ordered the government to spend and spend and spend?

Was it the stock market?

His love of American?

What?

Using BlindBoo as an example, the Reagan defeat of the USSR crushed his hopes and dreams. Boo was SURE his side had one, then BOOM, the whole thing crumbled to dust.
That would explain it

iran-contra is a start.

but i have less of a problem with reagan and more a problem with those willing to rewrite history in the adulation of him.
What was rewritten?

Mythical Reagan- Uncompromising conservative.

Real Reagan- Supported gun control, appointed moderates to the courts, gave amnesty to undocumented aliens, worked with Democrats.

The reason why Conservatives rewrite the Reagan Myth is because he's the only Republican since Ike who didn't resign, get voted out of office or left the economy in a flaming mess.

Reagan was OK until he made commercials for GE. But to get through the pearly gates he voted for FDR four times.

Forum List

Back