Zone1 Why do Protestants always believe their pastors rather than the 2000 year old CHURCH Christ established?

The RCC teaches falsely that man made traditions as declared by the POPE are greater or equal to the Holy Scriptures. Kind'a puts one in remembrance of the falsehoods told to EVE in the Garden.......Don't listen to God......You will surely not die if you partake of the tree of good and evil.......you will be EQUAL WITH GOD. (Genesis 3:1-5). This message is much like the fake prophet Joseph Smith......men will become gods. In the end its all about the same ole same ole.......power, greed, wealth, pride etc.
Jesus taught the following:

Psalms 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:31-36
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Jesus clearly taught that we are gods. Are you also declaring him a false prophet for teaching that mankind are gods?

Last edited:
Let's try this:

1. What is it you do not want to hear from the Catholic Church?
2. What "Catholic thing" do you not want to do?
Quit letting your priests fuck kids.
Quit using donations to pay off victims of priests fucking kids.
Quit using donations for more gold for the Vatican
Frankly justify your pathetic existence.

Quit letting your priests fuck kids.
Quit using donations to pay off victims of priests fucking kids.
Quit using donations for more gold for the Vatican
Frankly justify your pathetic existence.
And that is all you know about the Catholic faith? No one else fits your list except Catholics?

Jesus taught the following:

Psalms 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:31-36
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Jesus clearly taught that we are gods. Are you also declaring him a false prophet for teaching that mankind are gods?
Again.........cut and paste scriptures and take them away from the contextual integrity of the verse away from the chapter and book. You offer a mistranslation concerning the scripture that Jesus Christ was quoting from old testament, Jesus was speaking of the tribe of Jews that were Judges in the Law of Moses as being gods compared to men because they and they alone controlled the LAW of Moses. god with a little "g" while the scriptures state that God was a GOD among gods, superior to all because the gods with little "g"s were men and would die. Stated clearly in Ps 82

Read the scripture that Jesus was referencing.........in CONTEXT. The passages beginning with John 10:22-24 were taken from the last year of Jesus' life on earth, He had been preforming acts of a miraculous nature for over 2 years at this time, the time period mentioned was during the Feast of Dedication. A group of unbelievers then surrounded Him and demanded of Him a clear statement that He considered Himself the Son of God (John 10:22-24)......the scriptures declared they surrounded Him like ravenous wolves ready to pounce on Him.

The setting......in CONTEXT. Jesus found Himself surrounded by non-believers.........Jesus had preformed many miracles in the name of God and He told them such (John 10:25). They, His accusers, witnessed such miracles as the healing of a man that had the illness for 38 years (John 5:2-18), sight restored to the man born blind (John 9:1-34) but they still did not believe Him and His message of truth that was being confirmed by the signs and wonders from Heaven.......His works had provided more than enough proof that His message was from Heaven (John 5:36, 10:25).

Their failure to believe Jesus demonstrated they were not sheep from His flock (John 10:26), they were not disciples. Jesus then made a contrast between His sheep and the Jews who were calling Him a liar and false prophet and worse a Blasphemer. (John 10:27-28)....Jesus makes it clear that His Sheep hear His voice of truth (John 10:14) and He knows them. Jesus was teaching them that Human Salvation rests upon the pillars of 2 things Man's Faith and God's Grace (John 10:27-29) which agrees completely with other scriptures such as (Eph. 2:8-9). He was stating that if the conditions explained in (vs. 27) where not obeyed, the blessings of (vss.28-29) could never follow.

The scriptures are clear......those accusing Him did not hear His voice for what it was (truth from Heaven)....because of their unbelief......they would die in their sins (John 8:23-24)

Jesus claimed to have the same power as the Father (God)....as He claimed oneness with the Father in Heaven when He claimed that He had the power and authority to save and protect those who followed Him (John 10:28-32)....it was God who sent Jesus on His mission to earth (John 8:42)

Now that you have the entire lesson leading up to your false claim that Jesus was telling men they will become Gods......you have the setting established where Jesus was teaching them from the Law and the Prophets (the OT of Moses) -- John 10:34-36

The actual passage, Jesus then confronted them (the Jews) His accusers with their inconsistency in considering the Law they professed to be living by (the Law of Moses), "Is it not written in YOUR LAW (the O.T.), I said Ye are gods (with a small "g")? if He called them gods, unto whom the word of God came (the judges), and the scripture cannot be broken, say Ye of Him, whom the Father sanctified, and sent into the world, thou blasphemest because I said I am the Son of God?"

The Jews accepted the statement in (Ps. 82:6) that described God's appointed judges as "gods" among His people. Its clear that Jesus is referencing Ps 82. Read the entire passage of Ps. 82, beginning with vs 1. "God has taken His place in the divine council; in the mist of "gods" (with a small g) He holds judgment. (clearly the gods being spoken of were not considered GODS because they were delivering unjust judgment).....HOW LONG WILL YOU JUDGE UNJUSTLY (unless you declare that God judges unjustly.........the passage is speaking of men..........(to prove the point)..........read vss. 6-7.....LIKE MEN YOU SHALL DIE...."

To go before the appointed Judges of the LAW........one was going before God because they represented God (Ex. 21:6,22:8-9, 28, Deut. 1:16-17).

gods cannot die. God was never a man.....and men will never become gods. Jesus was in Spirit form before coming to earth (John 1, Phil.2:6), NOT THE INVERSE.....Jesus was a man that became a God....Jesus was a Spirit who became the Son of Man.

God is a Spirit (John 4:24) There is only 1 God as demonstrated in scriptures. If you read any scripture to contradict another scripture inspired by the same Holy Spirit of Truth......you are not rightly dividing the word of truth.

Last edited:
Funny thing about pastors is that they’re not biblical. Well, pastors may be, but not the pastoral office or role. And pastors only by interpretation. Take this verse, the only one in which some translations inject the term:

And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers. (Eph 4:11)

Shepherds (or pastors, if that’s your fancy) is plural, just as apostles, prophets, evangelists, and teachers are. This passage is directed at a single assembly in Ephesus. In that one assembly were multiple pastors, not just one. It doesn’t support Sola Pastora (single pastor).

This does not describe an office or title. A shepherd tended a family’s flock. He was not set apart from or above the family in some specialized or professional sense. Likewise with the first-century church. Pastors were just a few of the many in the church who served a function. Perhaps, like shepherds, they were the nurturing sort, opening their homes as meeting places or feeding the people. He had no authority. When all are the priesthood of God, no one but Christ alone has authority.

The New Testament doesn’t really define what pastors were; it simply mentions them. So shepherds, of course, would be the logical analogy. They were just parts of the body. The same with priest. But priests in the primitive church were everyone, not just the one guy dressed in black and wearing a backward collar.
Incorrect. Priests were not everyone. Paul spoke of two priesthood orders: Melchizedek and Aaronic or Levitical. Melchizedek is the higher priesthood and not everyone had that conferred upon them. Nor were women in the priesthood in the primitive church as the Catholic Church organized a women’s organization separate of the priesthood of men. It’s the Protestant view that everyone can administer the Priesthood. Nope.

Also, the Catholic Church has no prophets or apostles. So, don’t dump on the Protestants. Both CC and P are sadly without authority.

How would a protestant know? They shut their minds like steel traps against learning about Catholicism
Catholicism isn't going to benefit me. Studying the Scriptures and learning who I am in Christ and what He has done will benefit me. Religion benefits no one.

The author of Hebrews spoke of orders of Melchisedec, it is generally the opinion of many scholars that Paul was not the author of Hebrews. We really do not know who wrote Hebrews.

There is no “small g” in any of the original manuscripts of the New Testament. Everything was in capital Greek letters until many years down the road.

Again.........cut and paste scriptures and take them away from the contextual integrity of the verse away from the chapter and book. You offer a mistranslation concerning the scripture that Jesus Christ was quoting from old testament, Jesus was speaking of the tribe of Jews that were Judges in the Law of Moses as being gods compared to men because they and they alone controlled the LAW of Moses. god with a little "g" while the scriptures state that God was a GOD among gods, superior to all because the gods with little "g"s were men and would die. Stated clearly in Ps 82

Read the scripture that Jesus was referencing.........in CONTEXT. The passages beginning with John 10:22-24 were taken from the last year of Jesus' life on earth, He had been preforming acts of a miraculous nature for over 2 years at this time, the time period mentioned was during the Feast of Dedication. A group of unbelievers then surrounded Him and demanded of Him a clear statement that He considered Himself the Son of God (John 10:22-24)......the scriptures declared they surrounded Him like ravenous wolves ready to pounce on Him.

The setting......in CONTEXT. Jesus found Himself surrounded by non-believers.........Jesus had preformed many miracles in the name of God and He told them such (John 10:25). They, His accusers, witnessed such miracles as the healing of a man that had the illness for 38 years (John 5:2-18), sight restored to the man born blind (John 9:1-34) but they still did not believe Him and His message of truth that was being confirmed by the signs and wonders from Heaven.......His works had provided more than enough proof that His message was from Heaven (John 5:36, 10:25).

Their failure to believe Jesus demonstrated they were not sheep from His flock (John 10:26), they were not disciples. Jesus then made a contrast between His sheep and the Jews who were calling Him a liar and false prophet and worse a Blasphemer. (John 10:27-28)....Jesus makes it clear that His Sheep hear His voice of truth (John 10:14) and He knows them. Jesus was teaching them that Human Salvation rests upon the pillars of 2 things Man's Faith and God's Grace (John 10:27-29) which agrees completely with other scriptures such as (Eph. 2:8-9). He was stating that if the conditions explained in (vs. 27) where not obeyed, the blessings of (vss.28-29) could never follow.

The scriptures are clear......those accusing Him did not hear His voice for what it was (truth from Heaven)....because of their unbelief......they would die in their sins (John 8:23-24)

Jesus claimed to have the same power as the Father (God)....as He claimed oneness with the Father in Heaven when He claimed that He had the power and authority to save and protect those who followed Him (John 10:28-32)....it was God who sent Jesus on His mission to earth (John 8:42)

Now that you have the entire lesson leading up to your false claim that Jesus was telling men they will become Gods......you have the setting established where Jesus was teaching them from the Law and the Prophets (the OT of Moses) -- John 10:34-36

The actual passage, Jesus then confronted them (the Jews) His accusers with their inconsistency in considering the Law they professed to be living by (the Law of Moses), "Is it not written in YOUR LAW (the O.T.), I said Ye are gods (with a small "g")? if He called them gods, unto whom the word of God came (the judges), and the scripture cannot be broken, say Ye of Him, whom the Father sanctified, and sent into the world, thou blasphemest because I said I am the Son of God?"

The Jews accepted the statement in (Ps. 82:6) that described God's appointed judges as "gods" among His people. Its clear that Jesus is referencing Ps 82. Read the entire passage of Ps. 82, beginning with vs 1. "God has taken His place in the divine council; in the mist of "gods" (with a small g) He holds judgment. (clearly the gods being spoken of were not considered GODS because they were delivering unjust judgment).....HOW LONG WILL YOU JUDGE UNJUSTLY (unless you declare that God judges unjustly.........the passage is speaking of men..........(to prove the point)..........read vss. 6-7.....LIKE MEN YOU SHALL DIE...."

To go before the appointed Judges of the LAW........one was going before God because they represented God (Ex. 21:6,22:8-9, 28, Deut. 1:16-17).

gods cannot die. God was never a man.....and men will never become gods. Jesus was in Spirit form before coming to earth (John 1, Phil.2:6), NOT THE INVERSE.....Jesus was a man that became a God....Jesus was a Spirit who became the Son of Man.

God is a Spirit (John 4:24) There is only 1 God as demonstrated in scriptures. If you read any scripture to contradict another scripture inspired by the same Holy Spirit of Truth......you are not rightly dividing the word of truth.
The word for "judges" in Hebrew is šō·p̄ə·ṭîm as found in 1 Samuel 8:1. The word for "god" (both big G and little g) in Hebrew is ’ĕ·lō·hîm. So Psalms 82:6 is translated correctly and God is speaking to those who are a part of the children of the Most High. What persons among all the posterity of Adam and Eve are not children of the Most High and are not gods? The truth is that all mankind are gods and children of the most high. They are not the god or gods of this world and have not reached the stature of God our Eternal Father in Heaven, but they are the children of God and were put upon this earth with the hope that they will learn good from evil and accept the gospel of Jesus Christ so that they may be saved into the kingdom of heaven. Those spoken of in Psalms are his children as well and were mortal men on the earth who would eventually die. Never the less, Jesus exclaimed that they were gods. They are gods in the sense that they are the literal offspring of God our Eternal Heavenly Father. Gods beget gods. They are the very children of the Most High.

Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

All of Gods children that have come to this earth existed prior to coming to this earth. Some of them were foreordained before the foundation of this earth to be leaders.

Ephesians 1:4
4. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Job 38:1-7
1. Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2. Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3. Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6. Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7. When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

It was before the foundation of the world that we were born as sons and daughters unto God the Father. We are his spirit children and He is the Father of spirits.

Hebrews 12:9
9. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

As the offspring of God we have been created in his very image and likeness. As spirit children of God the Father, we are gods. So as his offspring does that mean that we can never become like him? Jesus commanded us to become perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 5:48
48. Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

Would Jesus give us this commandment if it were not possible to obey it? Jesus also taught that we can become one, even as Jesus is one with the Father and be made perfect in the oneness that both the Father and Son enjoy. He taught that we could have the same glory that the Father has bestowed upon Jesus.

John 17:20-22
20. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

God has prepared a way that those who follow after Jesus can become like He and the Father.

1 John 3:2
2. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Sure there are verses that say that God is the only god and there is none else beside him, but that is in regard to us who are on the earth and who we should worship. Jesus clearly taught that we are gods, but we are not the god who should be worshipped and who we should emulate. We should only see in our Father in Heaven, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, the one and only God whom we all should follow after. Paul the apostle says it this way:

1 Corinthians 8:4-6
4. As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6. But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Paul tells us that idols are nothing in the world. He then tells us that to us there is none other God but one. But Paul also realizes that there are gods many and lords many in both heaven and earth. God is god over all things that are within his kingdom. However, as mentioned before we can become perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect, we are already considered gods by our Lord Jesus Christ himself.

In John 10 Jesus was approached by the Jews who insisted that he tell them plainly whether he be the Christ or not. Jesus then explained to them that he was the Christ, the very Son of God. The Jews felt that this was blasphemy for a man on earth to claim that he was the very son of the Father in the flesh. For this they took up stones to stone him. Jesus then asked then why they were going to stone him and the reason they gave was because they saw him as a blasphemer. They, like you, could not fathom that man could be like God. Jesus then uses their own law against them by quoting Psalms 82:6 which clearly states that we are all gods in that we are the very children (offspring) of God. Then he asks them why they would stone him for saying he was the Son of God, when their law clearly states that all the posterity of Adam and Eve are gods, even children of the Most High. Basically Jesus was saying to them, if, according to your law, we are all gods, why would you stone me for claiming I am the son of God. It doesn't make sense that their law tells them that we are all sons and daughters of the Most High and therefore gods. Gods beget gods. How could it be blasphemy to be a son of God if we are all the children of the Most High? Jesus caught them in their own belief. That is all there is to the verses in John 10 regarding this conversation with the Jews. The John 10 conversation has nothing to do with "judges". Jesus said, "35. If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36. Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?". In those words, Jesus is interpreting Psalms 82:6 by saying that He called them gods unto who the word of God came. He is not saying that it is restricted to judges. He is saying that Psalms 82:6 means that all to whom the word of God comes are gods and children of the Most High.

You say that gods cannot die. Yet Jesus was the creator of this world and as a member of the godhead is a God both before the world was created, during and after. He died. All mankind that have been born as the posterity of Adam and Eve are considered to be gods as the offspring of God the Father. Most all of us suffer death. Perhaps being changed in the twinkling of an eye is not death, I don't know. But they have to go through the change to become resurrected. But the majority of mankind who are considered to be gods, die.

Basically, your idea of God is that there can not be any other god. But Jesus, in Psalms 82:6 and John 10 refute that notion. True they are not the one God whom we are to worship, but there are other gods. You tend to disbelieve that we can become like our Father in Heaven. I disagree. I believe that we can, through following our Savior, come to be perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect and receive the same glory that Jesus shares with the Father and become one with them even as they are one. The Prophet Joseph Smith received revelation that those who are the few that find eternal life, will be married for time and all eternity and will have a continuation of the seed forever and ever. In other words they will be able to have their own spirit children just as the Father of spirits had his own offspring. Eventually they will become Fathers in Heaven. That is the grand purpose of the man and the woman in eternity.

Last edited:
Elohim… elohim
A word plural in form

Uncials… miniscules…

Things change from the ALL CAPS of the Uncials to the time of the Miniscules when every Greek letter is “small” except for first letter of a proper name or first letter of a paragraph - most capital letters were not used much.

Interesting things have been posted here about the “ye are gods” passage - I doubt if we could ever exhaust all the meaning.

I myself am not sure that Paul did not write Hebrews - but that is not the most popular opinion.

The word for "judges" in Hebrew is šō·p̄ə·ṭîm as found in 1 Samuel 8:1. The word for "god" (both big G and little g) in Hebrew is ’ĕ·lō·hîm. So Psalms 82:6 is translated correctly and God is speaking to those who are a part of the children of the Most High. What persons among all the posterity of Adam and Eve are not children of the Most High and are not gods? The truth is that all mankind are gods and children of the most high. They are not the god or gods of this world and have not reached the stature of God our Eternal Father in Heaven, but they are the children of God and were put upon this earth with the hope that they will learn good from evil and accept the gospel of Jesus Christ so that they may be saved into the kingdom of heaven. Those spoken of in Psalms are his children as well and were mortal men on the earth who would eventually die. Never the less, Jesus exclaimed that they were gods. They are gods in the sense that they are the literal offspring of God our Eternal Heavenly Father. Gods beget gods. They are the very children of the Most High.

Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

All of Gods children that have come to this earth existed prior to coming to this earth. Some of them were foreordained before the foundation of this earth to be leaders.

Ephesians 1:4
4. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Job 38:1-7
1. Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2. Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3. Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6. Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7. When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

It was before the foundation of the world that we were born as sons and daughters unto God the Father. We are his spirit children and He is the Father of spirits.

Hebrews 12:9
9. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

As the offspring of God we have been created in his very image and likeness. As spirit children of God the Father, we are gods. So as his offspring does that mean that we can never become like him? Jesus commanded us to become perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 5:48
48. Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

Would Jesus give us this commandment if it were not possible to obey it? Jesus also taught that we can become one, even as Jesus is one with the Father and be made perfect in the oneness that both the Father and Son enjoy. He taught that we could have the same glory that the Father has bestowed upon Jesus.

John 17:20-22
20. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

God has prepared a way that those who follow after Jesus can become like He and the Father.

1 John 3:2
2. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Sure there are verses that say that God is the only god and there is none else beside him, but that is in regard to us who are on the earth and who we should worship. Jesus clearly taught that we are gods, but we are not the god who should be worshipped and who we should emulate. We should only see in our Father in Heaven, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, the one and only God whom we all should follow after. Paul the apostle says it this way:

1 Corinthians 8:4-6
4. As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6. But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Paul tells us that idols are nothing in the world. He then tells us that to us there is none other God but one. But Paul also realizes that there are gods many and lords many in both heaven and earth. God is god over all things that are within his kingdom. However, as mentioned before we can become perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect, we are already considered gods by our Lord Jesus Christ himself.

In John 10 Jesus was approached by the Jews who insisted that he tell them plainly whether he be the Christ or not. Jesus then explained to them that he was the Christ, the very Son of God. The Jews felt that this was blasphemy for a man on earth to claim that he was the very son of the Father in the flesh. For this they took up stones to stone him. Jesus then asked then why they were going to stone him and the reason they gave was because they saw him as a blasphemer. They, like you, could not fathom that man could be like God. Jesus then uses their own law against them by quoting Psalms 82:6 which clearly states that we are all gods in that we are the very children (offspring) of God. Then he asks them why they would stone him for saying he was the Son of God, when their law clearly states that all the posterity of Adam and Eve are gods, even children of the Most High. Basically Jesus was saying to them, if, according to your law, we are all gods, why would you stone me for claiming I am the son of God. It doesn't make sense that their law tells them that we are all sons and daughters of the Most High and therefore gods. Gods beget gods. How could it be blasphemy to be a son of God if we are all the children of the Most High? Jesus caught them in their own belief. That is all there is to the verses in John 10 regarding this conversation with the Jews. The John 10 conversation has nothing to do with "judges". Jesus said, "35. If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36. Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?". In those words, Jesus is interpreting Psalms 82:6 by saying that He called them gods unto who the word of God came. He is not saying that it is restricted to judges. He is saying that Psalms 82:6 means that all to whom the word of God comes are gods and children of the Most High.

You say that gods cannot die. Yet Jesus was the creator of this world and as a member of the godhead is a God both before the world was created, during and after. He died. All mankind that have been born as the posterity of Adam and Eve are considered to be gods as the offspring of God the Father. Most all of us suffer death. Perhaps being changed in the twinkling of an eye is not death, I don't know. But they have to go through the change to become resurrected. But the majority of mankind who are considered to be gods, die.

Basically, your idea of God is that there can not be any other god. But Jesus, in Psalms 82:6 and John 10 refute that notion. True they are not the one God whom we are to worship, but there are other gods. You tend to disbelieve that we can become like our Father in Heaven. I disagree. I believe that we can, through following our Savior, come to be perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect and receive the same glory that Jesus shares with the Father and become one with them even as they are one. The Prophet Joseph Smith received revelation that those who are the few that find eternal life, will be married for time and all eternity and will have a continuation of the seed forever and ever. In other words they will be able to have their own spirit children just as the Father of spirits had his own offspring. Eventually they will become Fathers in Heaven. That is the grand purpose of the man and the woman in eternity.
Those paragraphs between the Scriptures don't have a source. Where are they copied from?

Catholicism isn't going to benefit me. Studying the Scriptures and learning who I am in Christ and what He has done will benefit me.
Yet ever single Catholic Mass is about studying scripture (two Old Testament passages and two New Testament passages). After that, Catholics commemorate the life of Christ...this occurs every week, every day.

Studying scripture and celebrating the Last Supper is what Catholicism is all about. To our benefit.

Yet ever single Catholic Mass is about studying scripture (two Old Testament passages and two New Testament passages). After that, Catholics commemorate the life of Christ...this occurs every week, every day.

Studying scripture and celebrating the Last Supper is what Catholicism is all about. To our benefit.
Studying the Bible and Communion isn't confined to just Catholics.

Studying the Bible and Communion isn't confined to just Catholics.
Then why did you say, "Catholicism isn't going to benefit me. Studying the Scriptures and learning who I am in Christ and what He has done will benefit me."
Catholicism is all about studying and following scriptures. What, exactly, did you think Catholicism is if you didn't think it was all about studying scripture and celebrating the Last Supper?

Then why did you say, "Catholicism isn't going to benefit me. Studying the Scriptures and learning who I am in Christ and what He has done will benefit me."
Catholicism is all about studying and following scriptures. What, exactly, did you think Catholicism is if you didn't think it was all about studying scripture and celebrating the Last Supper?
The sacred cows (nonbiblical traditions and doctrine).

The sacred cows (nonbiblical traditions and doctrine).
Oh. You mean the Apostolic traditions that were in place before the New Testament was compiled or even written. Any particular reason that after fifteen centuries non-Catholic Christians decided to do away with the Apostles and their traditions?

Oh. You mean the Apostolic traditions that were in place before the New Testament was compiled or even written. Any particular reason that after fifteen centuries non-Catholic Christians decided to do away with the Apostles and their traditions?
Catholics were first to usurp apostolic tradition. Priests, tithes, etc. were not apostolic.

Forum List

Back