Why do so many Atheist and Christians misunderstand what Hell really is ?

How many times can you repeat that lie in one thread?

You're a lot closer to believing human life came from nothing than I am. Isn't that your entire belief? That God just poofed humans into existence from nothing but a swipe of his wand?

God isn't nothing God would be a fixed point in the equation. But what you believe in is that life just by chance happened and what we have today was the end effect of that reaction. The human body alone is so complexed that it can never support your argument without the mention of a creator. Then you have millions of other life from on earth that by a mere chance came to be, now to believe in that takes great faith.

What about a space shuttle? The control room with all the computers to make it work? All the equipment in space to keep things working?

That's complex as hell, did man make all that or was it another one of God's magic wand waving?

Something being complex isn't proof of a god, sorry.

The better argument is god is real cuz i say so, rather than saying god is real cuz things are complex.

Thank you,you're once again making an argument that intelligence is required to make complex things.

The begining of human life would have a yes or no answer for the question. If life came from nothing Science should be able to be reproduced life from nothing. Yes or No

This has to be the most idiotic rhetorical question I've seen on here. It demonstrates such a vast ignorance of scientific thoery that it's beyond the point of being egregious and is simply "laughable".

You must have a human sperm cell and a human egg to create human life. Yes or No

No.

Hydatidiform mole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cancer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Would you shut the hell up about sperm and eggs now?

What came first the chicken or the egg ?

Why do so many born again types fail to understand the nature, size and shape of Mordor?

Yes that is life begetting life, oops, And you're saying non-life is begetting life.

And there are many Christians who believe God is gonna torture people forever so what,when it's clear in the scriptures that is not the case.

Define "life".

Scientists struggle to define life - USATODAY.com

But here is how i would define it.

fe
   [lahyf] Show IPA noun, plural lives  [lahyvz] Show IPA, adjective

noun
the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

the sum of the distinguishing phenomena of organisms, especially metabolism, growth, reproduction, and adaptation to environment.

the animate existence or period of animate existence of an individual: to risk one's life; a short life and a merry one.

a corresponding state, existence, or principle of existence conceived of as belonging to the soul: eternal life.

the general or universal condition of human existence: Too bad, but life is like that.

You guys are just a little confused.

God would be something, God would be life, so you have life coming from life. Something from something equals something. evolution nothing into something.

And the crux of the cognitive dissonance.

You can believe whatever you want to believe. It's just not a "sceintific theory" and thus doesn't compete with evolution in the scientific world.

And that's about as complicated as it needs to be, despite you guys doing your best to make the issue much more complicated then it needs to be.

Exactly, basing your life off the "God did it" idea is fine.

Trying to twist science into the "God did it" idea with nothing behind it so you can influence other's brains, not fine.

Is that not what you're doing by saying a natural process is the cause for life with no way to prove it ?

Then you need to prove that matter has always existed.

You need to show life on other planets.

No I do not. The fact that you want to throw 15 separate concepts and theories into a blender and call it "evolution" is not my problem.

Again, your gross ignorance (whether willfull or not) on what you are attempting to refute doesn't impart fiatt power to you.

If we were to limit ourselves to the parameters you attempt to impose on us, every aspect of scientific thought (not just evolution) would grind to halt and since we couldn't ponder any questions we could never adequately address your questions and therefore your train of thought turns into a giant logical fallacy which is just a fancy attempt to avoid the issue.

No because of my experiences I see the impossibility of them happening the way the textbooks are saying they happened.

Water is isotonic.

"We are made of water" demonstrates a 3rd grade understanding of the body. Like I said, if you ran straight water into an IV line, you would kill someone.

It's also a 3rd grade mentality to state that life came from "water".

Miller and Urey, who again conducted their experiement in 1953 - long before you got your coveted degree in biology, did create amino acids out of a water solution.

If you don't get water in your system within three days you will die, your body will start to break down, your internal systems will start to fail and you will die.

Thanks for that fascinating bit of enlightenment which, again, demonstrates a third grade understanding of the body and adds nothing of value to the issue.

Do you know how water get's from the kidneys and into the veins? I'll give you a hint: it has to do with salt.

What does that say for you if you can't see the importance of that so called third grade understanding ?

Well it's nice that a Med student help us understand such things but what is your point ?

Wrong. Again, you demonstrate that you don't understand what you are arguing against. You certainly don't have the power of fiatt on this matter, and with your piss-poor grasp on the matter you are left with little options then to make decrees.

Don't think you are going to persuade me with such crap. I know better.

I don't pretend to know where matter comes from. It's not essential to the theory of evolution any more then it's essential to any other theory or believing that we even exist.

So where did human life come from? What is the origin of human life
Animal vegetable minerial?

I have no idea. The origin of life is not essential to the theory of evolution.

Yes it is,because that is the natural system of life according to your theory. If you can't demonstrate how it started the rest of your theory is just simply put, rubbish.

If you have no idea how can you say it didn't happen in water ? many scientists have said life had to begin in water. But it did not have to begin in water if there is a creator,does that make sense ?

You base your entire life off nothing of substance but only rhetoric, rhetoric from a few thousand years ago.

Really,I enjoy every day I wake up. My life is Based on our creator and family to me that is not nothing.

What do you base your life on ?

My point is only that you downplay rhetoric, when rhetoric from thousands of years ago means everything to you.

Because mans theories didn't convince me otherwise.

How many times can you repeat that lie in one thread?

You're a lot closer to believing human life came from nothing than I am. Isn't that your entire belief? That God just poofed humans into existence from nothing but a swipe of his wand?

Where did matter come from did it just poof into existence ?

I don't know where it came from.

It's your teammates who say it just poofed into existence.

So how can you be sure it didn't poof into existence ? if you can't explain where it came from, then it created the complexity we see now.

Last edited:
Here are the problems for your miller urey experiment.

The Miller-Urey experiment

So now we've moved away from your asisnine position about "water"?

Fine. Good.

I am aware of the issues around M-U, some of them are valid and some aren't. It was still groundbreaking (and well deserving of the Nobel Prize) work that demonstrated that with the right oxidation/reduction state, chemical medium (water) and a catalyst (electric energy) you could create amino acids.

By the way, the experiement was recreated in 2008 with better results.

Prebiotic Soup--Revisiting the Miller Experiment

Either way it took intelligence to make it happen,correct ? It did not happen naturally.

See the rebuttle of the miller urey experiment I posted.

3rd grade mentality to know how important water is for life :lol: what would happen to tyhe animal kingdom and humans if we ran out of drinling water ?

I never said, and your claim was never, "water is important for life".

It was instead refuting evolution based on the curious notion that amino acids would be destroyed in water.

Did you think you were going to move the chess pieces on me without me noticing the slight of hand?

Amino acids can only survive in solvents not water if life began in water where did the amino acids come from ?

Where did matter come from did it just poof into existence ?

So how can you be sure it didn't poof into existence if you can't explain where it came from then created the complexity we see now.

I'm not sure it didn't poof into existence, I've never said a god(s) is/are impossible, i'm saying there's no scientific evidence of things either poofing into existence or god.

Once science backs either idea, i'll buy into either. I'm not expecting that to ever happen though.

Last edited:
Wrong. Again, you demonstrate that you don't understand what you are arguing against. You certainly don't have the power of fiatt on this matter, and with your piss-poor grasp on the matter you are left with little options then to make decrees.

Don't think you are going to persuade me with such crap. I know better.

I don't pretend to know where matter comes from. It's not essential to the theory of evolution any more then it's essential to any other theory or believing that we even exist.

Everything comes from matter since you don't know where matter comes from you have a problem believing it came about naturally.

Who or what orchestrated the matter ?

I don't know. Neither do you.

I don't try to use the largest question in the history of man to hide behind.

It's academically dishonest, and therefore you can understand why the rest of us simply blow off your question.

Whoa wait a minute don't insult me.

Then we are both going off faith correct ?

Yes it is,because that is the natural system of life according to your theory. If you can't demonstrate how it started the rest of your theory is just simply put, rubbish.

As is every facet of every other part of life. I mean, by your logic, until we can prove where we came from, all other discussion is pointless.

Again, it's a logical canard on your part. You aren't fooling anyone.

If you have no idea how can you say it didn't happen in water ? many scientists have said life had to begin in water. But it did not have to begin in water if there is a creator,does that make sense ?

You are obviously missing the point: Water (or H2O) doesn't have carbon in it. So obviously organic material can't be derived from it.

Again (in regards to "the creator"), you can believe what you want. It's just not a scientific theory.

Water is isotonic.

"We are made of water" demonstrates a 3rd grade understanding of the body. Like I said, if you ran straight water into an IV line, you would kill someone.

It's also a 3rd grade mentality to state that life came from "water".

Miller and Urey, who again conducted their experiement in 1953 - long before you got your coveted degree in biology, did create amino acids out of a water solution.

Look no one is gonna take you serious with that avatar,can you lose it i almost hate responding to you because of that.

I don't care if you "take me seriously", and if you are going to run away at least be man enough to admit the truth as opposed to claiming that you've suddenly developed an aversion to me becuase you are offended at Lenny Bruce flipping you the bird through cyberspace.

Hey pal, I don't run from anything or anyone my questions should cause any rational person to pause and think and that is my objective here.

The begining of human life would have a yes or no answer for the question. If life came from nothing Science should be able to be reproduced life from nothing. Yes or No

This has to be the most idiotic rhetorical question I've seen on here. It demonstrates such a vast ignorance of scientific thoery that it's beyond the point of being egregious and is simply "laughable".

You must have a human sperm cell and a human egg to create human life. Yes or No

No.

If I had so much faith in something as you do I could answer the question.

The set of questions is your basic yes or no question

Surely human life can be reproduced without a human sperm cell and a human egg, if it happened once before it can happen again.

So how can you be sure it didn't poof into existence if you can't explain where it came from then created the complexity we see now.

I'm not sure it didn't poof into existence, I've never said a god(s) is/are impossible, i'm saying there's no scientific evidence of things either poofing into existence or god.

Once science backs either idea, i'll buy into either. I'm not expecting that to ever happen though.

Human life should be proof enough, because you cannot create Human life without a human sperm cell and a human egg, without the help of a creator.

No.

Surely human life can be reproduced without a human sperm cell and a human egg, if it happened once before it can happen again.

Science is working on reproducing life, and when they do you'll just move the goal posts anyways. We both know that.

Just because science can't recreate something doesn't mean it didn't happen, can science recreate the planet Earth? Since science can't, does Earth not exist?

No.

Science is working on reproducing life, and when they do you'll just move the goal posts anyways. We both know that.

Just because science can't recreate something doesn't mean it didn't happen, can science recreate the planet Earth? Since science can't, does Earth not exist?

if man recreates life then they will be a creator Thanks for playing. I do hope you finally get the point.

Forum List

Back