Why do so many conservatives support secession?

I'm super-conservative but i don't get it. If Texas secedes and china decides to invade the state, who is gonna stop them?

The Texas Militia of course. Isn't that the basis of the Second A., to repeal the invasion of government? China is a government, and I have total faith that the Texas Militia will repeal any and all invaders, foreign or domestic. They eventually defeated Santa Anna's Army, so China and Obama/HRC ought to respect that effort.

Ooops, I didn't add ---SARCASM--- I thought that obvious, apparently one didn't get it.

The idea of secession, for conservatives, would be to make a smaller country that was more uniformly conservative,

so that conservatives wouldn't have to be the minority.

I'm super-conservative but i don't get it. If Texas secedes and china decides to invade the state, who is gonna stop them?
The people of the great state of Texas. It can't be that hard for you to figure out the answer to that question - can it?
Yes, a silly question.

Even the smallest countries defend themselves and have allies.
Plus Texas isn't exactly a pacifist liberal state. Do you have any idea how many Navy Seals like Marcus Luttell (of Lone Survivor fame) made Texas their home? They could easily build a capable military and develop all of the necessary weapons systems (radar, missiles, etc.) for a complete military force.

Texas would rot without being able to suck off the federal teet. Is there a big city in Texas that's NOT attached to a giant military base?

Texas would rot without being able to suck off the federal teet. Is there a big city in Texas that's NOT attached to a giant military base?
And so the those giant military bases would simply shift from the federal government to the Texas government. If the seceded - they would still need a military.

And so the those giant military bases would simply shift from the federal government to the Texas government. If the seceded - they would still need a military.

Says who ? You think Texas gets to just keep all that fed infrastructure ?

The "base" is nothing more than land and buildings genius. The land already belongs to Texas. No way the U.S. tears down all of those buildings. And if they do - so be it. Texas just builds them again (only better). But lets be honest - all the U.S. would want is the equipment (weapons, ammunition, vehicles, computers, etc.). The buildings would still be there. Would probably cost more to tear them down than they are even worth.

The "base" is nothing more than land and buildings genius. The land already belongs to Texas. No way the U.S. tears down all of those buildings. And if they do - so be it. Texas just builds them again (only better). But lets be honest - all the U.S. would want is the equipment (weapons, ammunition, vehicles, computers, etc.). The buildings would still be there. Would probably cost more to tear them down than they are even worth.

You seriously think America is just going hand over national equipment and property to Texas? Think again chump.

Here is some other stuff Texans will lose:

SS benefits
Medicare/medicaid funding
FDIC/EPA/FDA protections
International representation and diplomatic channels.
$Dollar currency.

etc etc etc,

To describe this succession as turning everything upside down with potentially very bad outcomes for Texans is a huge understatement.

Last edited:

And every Texan who's paid into Medicare and Social Security would lose their benefits.

And every Texan who's paid into Medicare and Social Security would lose their benefits.

Let texas patrol the mex border wh out fed funds . But hey , they have oil! That's a good biz right now ! Lol!

Place would be Venezuela in a couple months .

Or we would just keep them and not give Texas dick! See gitmo .

They hold up in a Texas bird sanctuary and tell China their companies can move to the state and have all the minimum wage jobs they want.

Why would China invade?

Is China threatening to invade Spain? Texas has roughly the equivalent GNP to Spain. I don't reckon China has any interest in conquering Spain, do you?

1024px-Comparison_between_U.S._states_and_countries_by_GDP_in_2012.jpg

Comparison between U.S. states and countries by GDP in 2012.

MisterBeale the below map you posted.

Austria is what, is that Washington State I think? What State is Norway on the below map, is that Virginia? What State is Switzerland on the below map? What State is Croatia on the below map? Also, what State is Argentina on the below map?

1024px-Comparison_between_U.S._states_and_countries_by_GDP_in_2012.jpg

Here ya go...
upload_2016-8-17_18-55-17.png

Oh...Croatia is Alaska.

Conservatives want to secede because liberals have destroyed America and are dragging us down into a third-world shit-hole much like Cuba.

I'll tell you what, first read the short story The Man without a Country by Edward Everett Hale and then get the fuck out of MY country.
Sorry cupcake - it is actually my country. You're the U.S.-hating jack-ass that wants to "fundamentally change" America. You don't desire to "fundamentally change" what you love. I dare any man to come home and tell his wife "honey....I want to fundamentally change you".

Unlike you, I support everything the U.S. was built on. Liberty. The U.S. Constitution. Individual responsibility.

When push comes to shove - I can promise you it will be you and your ilk getting the fuck out of this country. You are the unarmed, spineless cowards. Real American's aren't going anywhere.

3 out of 5 Trump supporters in Texas want to secede if the beast wins.
The sad part is - what choice do they have? Hilldabeast and her cronies are so fucking corrupt that they can violate every major law in the nation and face no consequences. She has violated the U.S. Constitution on many occasions, she has lied under oath on many occasions, she has violated campaign finance laws on many occasions, she has violated national security protocols on many occasions, and she has even stolen from the White House - yet never faces any consequences because her husband was president of the United States and she was later Secretary of State. Since she will appoint the AG and the leaders of the DoJ if elected, there is simply no recourse. Nobody will hold her responsible. She has unlimited power like Saddam Hussein in Iraq or Adolf Hitler in Germany.

Forum List

Back