Why do so many people deny climate change

Denialists have their backs to the wall. They have been fully exposed and their cult inflicted lies just don't fly in public any more.

They're sort of like flat earther's. They're laughing stock. They're the only ones left falling for the cult 's propaganda.

Ran out of arguments, did you?

Not at all. Science won. Politics lost. Next time bet on a fleeter horse. Or a horse rather than a jackass.

You have proven time after time that you don't know what science is.

The AGW cult has been exposed. That's why public support for things like the carbon tax is dropping like a stone. Australia just got done kicking all the warmists out of the government. The USA is next to get on that boat.

Ran out of arguments, did you?

Not at all. Science won. Politics lost. Next time bet on a fleeter horse. Or a horse rather than a jackass.

You have proven time after time that you don't know what science is.

Ha ha ha hahaaaaa ROFL!!!

The AGW cult has been exposed. That's why public support for things like the carbon tax is dropping like a stone. Australia just got done kicking all the warmists out of the government. The USA is next to get on that boat.

Are you predicting a big conservative comeback next election? I think after the RNC gets through destroying the US economy ONE MORE TIME, that we might end up a - de facto - one-party nation.

Global_Warming_Predictions.png

We're talking pretty short term, not the wide variations seen throughout history. If the earth warms 2 or 3 degrees from what it was in the pre-industrial era, shit is gonna melt and seas are gonna rise. It's elementary.

And so? What does that have to do with us? What makes anyone think that our civilization can do anything about it any more than medieval European, ancient Chinese, or the Mayan civilization could do anything about long term global weather fluctuations. They couldn't. And neither can we. All we can do is mitigate our coping strategies and not let the global elites extract monetary gain from the lower classes based on a lie.

Well, I don't generally watch video. I am a reader. So I have no idea what the video says.

You shouldn't worry your pretty head about it though. AWG will be a disaster well before that occurs, if at all.

The realist issues are species habitat changes, drougth, and excessive precipitation. Maybe coastline erosion.

Hopefully the permafrost melt won't release too much methane.

If you are looking for definitive amswers, you migh want to stick to accounting.

In his book Storms of my Grandchildren, noted climate scientist James Hansen issued the following warning: "f we burn all reserves of oil, gas, and coal, there is a substantial chance we will initiate the runaway greenhouse. If we also burn the tar sands and tar shale, I believe the Venus syndrome is a dead certainty."

Ohhh, the Venus syndrome. Sounds scary, quick, let's spend trillions on inefficient energy.

How can fuel-less, waste-less energy be inefficient?

Try to run your computer with your windmill.
We'll miss your cogent posts.

"He Defrauded Me With Science"

What's all the the big commotion
It snowed just yesterday
And the rising of the ocean
Is only dramatic overplay
They're defrauding me with science
Defrauding me with science!
And ignoring simple history

When he's flying his Learjet
Defrauding me with science - Science
They say he's leaving a footprint
Science
Science

But it's all a big promotion
When it snowed just yesterday
And I can see no rising of the ocean
On the weak and old they prey
But he defrauded me with science
He defrauded me with science!
And disregarded simple meteorology

When Gore is flying ever nearer
Defrauding me with science-science
Science
I can see Al Jazeera
Defrauding me with science-science
Science

I thought he had such devotion
But now it seems he's mocking me
He sold out the Arctic Ocean
To pump and dump Current Tv
He defrauded me with science
And got off on a technicality

Good God Al Gore-
You're pitiful
I don't believe it
There he goes again
He's hidden his dossier
And I must get a FOIA
To see his inner secrets
And his little pet tricks

It's simple harmonic motion
So when it snowed just yesterday
And the rising of the ocean
A cycle repeated every day
Mmm but he defrauded me with science
And failed in philanthropy

He defrauded me - with science
He defrauded me with

Science discovers truth. Politics defrauds by imposing what's good for some on everyone.

As it has turned out, Gore has science on his side and Rush, nothing but bullshit.

Of course not everyone is capable of figuring that out.

It is actually meant to parody both the denier shallow-science stance, and Al Gore hatred, so perhaps I did those parts fairly well! :)

Denialists have their backs to the wall. They have been fully exposed and their cult inflicted lies just don't fly in public any more.

They're sort of like flat earther's. They're laughing stock. They're the only ones left falling for the cult 's propaganda.

I haven't denied anything have I?

I just take all the apocalyptic predictions with a grain of salt.

As I said scientific findings and predictions are not the same thing.

It boils down to, do we base our actions on science, based on its track record on understanding things out of the range of our senses, including the future, or politics, and it's dismal record of promises broken. Denialists say go forward blindly, and hope for the best.

Realists say knowledge is critical.

We're talking pretty short term, not the wide variations seen throughout history. If the earth warms 2 or 3 degrees from what it was in the pre-industrial era, shit is gonna melt and seas are gonna rise. It's elementary.

But that is likely NOT to happen.. As witnessed by the fact that the models couldn't make the call for 20 yrs nevermind 120yrs as on your graph..

ALREADY being revised heavily down.. Problem is --- all that scary propaganda is still taking up server space all over the web.. Gonna make it hard to separate the OLD from the NEW..

Yep ice is gonna continue to melt.. That is --- unless some solar scientists are correct and we are looking at another Solar Minimum in your lifetime..

There might be more to climate change than the IPCC would have us believe.

For me it has to do with understanding the complexity of nature, and having studied anthropology. Quite frankly, I know history. I know that climate, throughout history, has had an effect on the rise and fall of civilizations.

In the past, humankind had nothing to do with the long term fluctuations of the general mean temperature. It has been much warmer than it is today, and much cooler.

For the government, corporate and cultural elites to use global climate change as an excuse to impose global government, they will need to have much more convincing proof that we are changing the weather in a radical way, more than it has changed naturally. Frankly, I haven't seen it. Our global weather system is a far more complex and dynamic system than to be controlled by just one input. Those beating their chests saying they "understand" the science are, in fact, deluding themselves.

m4chart.gif

MedRom0701xMedievalWarm.jpg

So, the graphic above is brought to us by Cliff Harris and Randy Mann.

“I believe this planet is a breathing entity, made by God, to clean itself, adjust itself.” Harris said in the article by James Hagengruber. This would be The Rapture. The premise of this argument appears to be: human beings are not responsible for climate change because it is part of God’s greater Plan, therefore investing in costly forms of clean energy is not necessary or useful."

BigCityLib Strikes Back: What The Hell Is Long Range Weather?

This is the official temp record

2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

And so? What does that have to do with us? What makes anyone think that our civilization can do anything about it any more than medieval European, ancient Chinese, or the Mayan civilization could do anything about long term global weather fluctuations. They couldn't. And neither can we. All we can do is mitigate our coping strategies and not let the global elites extract monetary gain from the lower classes based on a lie.

Well, now that just wouldn't be correct.

It seems pretty obvious that many are confused about the 'A' in AGW. It really means that we're doing it, so we can stop doing it. This is made more compelling by the simple fact that we have to anyway.

So we gotta do what we gotta do.

There might be more to climate change than the IPCC would have us believe.

For me it has to do with understanding the complexity of nature, and having studied anthropology. Quite frankly, I know history. I know that climate, throughout history, has had an effect on the rise and fall of civilizations.

In the past, humankind had nothing to do with the long term fluctuations of the general mean temperature. It has been much warmer than it is today, and much cooler.

For the government, corporate and cultural elites to use global climate change as an excuse to impose global government, they will need to have much more convincing proof that we are changing the weather in a radical way, more than it has changed naturally. Frankly, I haven't seen it. Our global weather system is a far more complex and dynamic system than to be controlled by just one input. Those beating their chests saying they "understand" the science are, in fact, deluding themselves.

m4chart.gif

So, the graphic above is brought to us by Cliff Harris and Randy Mann.

“I believe this planet is a breathing entity, made by God, to clean itself, adjust itself.” Harris said in the article by James Hagengruber. This would be The Rapture. The premise of this argument appears to be: human beings are not responsible for climate change because it is part of God’s greater Plan, therefore investing in costly forms of clean energy is not necessary or useful."

BigCityLib Strikes Back: What The Hell Is Long Range Weather?

This is the official temp record

2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

Apples and bananas grasshopper.. The original graph was for EUROPEAN temperatures.. Not a stupid ass global average of bad proxy data..

The proxies are GOOD ENOUGH on their own.. To give us estimates of REGIONAL temp changes. Trying to make a "global average" out of them is iffy.....

A common reason that people deny climate change appears to be mistaken understanding of how the economy functions which leads them to believe that any efforts to mitigate climate change will result in less money in their pockets.

Sure it is. I don't debate or refute the projections of this chart that was posted at all. All I am saying is that the data and modeling used to make these projections are short sighted. These people need to take logic classes. Most people that debate AGW do not deny that warming is occurring, they just have issues as to how precisely we can determine the driving force.

Correlation DOES NOT prove Causation.

Did you look at the charts I posted?

m4chart.gif

What do you notice about them? That's right, they can both be correct, (the graphs I posted,) and in line with the chart that was just posted. They are congruent. Look at the date range. You will notice that dates for the temperature ranges I posted are much longer. Why do AGW theorists want to take such a short sighted view of the Earth's temperature fluctuations? One has to wonder if they have a hidden agenda, or if they are just ignorant.

So what does that tell us? It tells us that Anthropogenic Global Warming is not a good theory for explaining what we see occurring in nature. Why? Because long terms global temperature fluctuations have been occurring long before heavy industry, energy use, and mass transportation was engaged in by our species.

Why do AGW supporters refuse to see the obvious right in front of their faces, even when their own charts and models show what is essentially truth?

A common reason that people deny climate change appears to be mistaken understanding of how the economy functions which leads them to believe that any efforts to mitigate climate change will result in less money in their pockets.

True. Obama's friends know that efforts to mitigate climate change will result in more money in their pockets.

Maybe you can explain how a carbon tax leaves my pockets unharmed?

True. Obama's friends know that efforts to mitigate climate change will result in more money in their pockets.

Maybe you can explain how it has anything to do with your pocket?

Maybe you can explain how it has anything to do with your pocket?

I use carbon fuels.

Sure it is. I don't debate or refute the projections of this chart that was posted at all. All I am saying is that the data and modeling used to make these projections are short sighted. These people need to take logic classes. Most people that debate AGW do not deny that warming is occurring, they just have issues as to how precisely we can determine the driving force.

m4chart.gif

What do you notice about them? That's right, they can both be correct, (the graphs I posted,) and in line with the chart that was just posted. They are congruent. Look at the date range. You will notice that dates for the temperature ranges I posted are much longer. Why do AGW theorists want to take such a short sighted view of the Earth's temperature fluctuations? One has to wonder if they have a hidden agenda, or if they are just ignorant.

So what does that tell us? It tells us that Anthropogenic Global Warming is not a good theory for explaining what we see occurring in nature. Why? Because long terms global temperature fluctuations have been occurring long before heavy industry, energy use, and mass transportation was engaged in by our species.

Why do AGW supporters refuse to see the obvious right in front of their faces, even when their own charts and models show what is essentially truth?

I love this statement "Correlation DOES NOT prove Causation." because it couldn't be more wrong.

Correlation is required to prove causation.

The chart you presented is from whom? Some Christian Fundamentalist nutbag that has some fantasy that God will save the planet and humans can't possibly cause climate change.

I just research. You presented the bs. Two graphs that don't agree. One is by a wack job. Sorry if I can't accept the wackjob data.

m4chart.gif

I don't know anyone who believes that the proof of AGW is based on correlation.

Forum List

Back