Why do some parents do not follow pop culture?

I knew a girl who wasnā€™t allowed to watch Melrose Place or Beverly Hills, 90210 because her Mom thought it was ā€œsmutā€. I gave her DVD copies of both shows behind her Momā€™s back! Fun times!

Why are parents so stupid?

Are you suggesting you know their children better than the parents? That TV is some wonderful moral and social tool?

I knew a girl who wasnā€™t allowed to watch Melrose Place or Beverly Hills, 90210 because her Mom thought it was ā€œsmutā€. I gave her DVD copies of both shows behind her Momā€™s back! Fun times!

Why are parents so stupid?
I was allowed to watch them...I just realized they sucked rocks.

i can understand not being allowed to watch the wrestling bullshit, but why not basketball? & if you weren't allowed to watch MTV, then you are not as old as you pretend to be... & are probably younger than me.

We got basic cable in 1987. I was 13 at the time. My father hated the way basketball is now played. He referred to it as ā€œwrestling in shortsā€ and couldnā€™t stand the physical play and dunking.

lol.... you have portrayed yourself as much older than you really are. i knew there was something fake about you & your supposed belief system.

lol.... you have portrayed yourself as much older than you really are. i knew there was something fake about you & your supposed belief system.

I am much older than I am. By age 13 I preferred to hang out with adults rather than my peers. In college I spent more time socializing with the professors and staff than my classmates. I never did the reckless 20-something stuff. Iā€™ve always believed the older ways and traditions to be the best way to do things. My physical age may only be in my mid-40s but philosophically and Values-wise Iā€™m probably in my 70s or 80s.

I am much older than I am. By age 13 I preferred to hang out with adults rather than my peers. In college I spent more time socializing with the professors and staff than my classmates. I never did the reckless 20-something stuff. Iā€™ve always believed the older ways and traditions to be the best way to do things. My physical age may only be in my mid-40s but philosophically and Values-wise Iā€™m probably in my 70s or 80s.

i find that sad. but whatever rocks your boat, gramps... as long as you don't impose those regressive ideas on others.

i find that sad. but whatever rocks your boat, gramps... as long as you don't impose those regressive ideas on others.

But he does. And that is where he and I disagree.

But he does. And that is where he and I disagree.

oh that i know. we've had a few rounds... some of his beliefs are pretty sick & it's pathetic that he thinks he has that right.

...some of his beliefs are pretty sick & it's pathetic that he thinks he has that right.

Only some of my beliefs? Iā€™ll have to work on that. I find it pathetic that we no longer have anything even vaguely like a proper set of Moraks and Values.

Forum List

Back