Why do the God-haters persist?

the spiritual connection you're always blathering about is not detectable ,not because science is not to the task but because there is nothing there to evaluate..and you say you don't misrepresent..

Most rational people will agree that science is the examination of the physical universe. How can it evaluate the spiritual? This would defy logic. If physical sciences could evaluate the spiritual, they would no longer be spiritual, by definition. So we see here who is doing the misrepresenting, and it is you. Once again, you want to irrationally demand that science of physical nature offer some evidence to support spiritual nature, which it can't do. Then you want to take that fact and parlay it into an argument that spiritual nature must not exist.

It is the rational equivalent of asking your dog to explain nuclear physics and when he can't, proclaiming nuclear physics must certainly not be real... the dog couldn't explain it.

You are right.
Science can never evaluate the spiritual.
Because the spiritual is based totally on beliefs.
And beliefs are never science.
And no matter how hard you try you can not polish a turd.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

Ephesians 6 (English Standard Version)

More BS from the OP. Science can measure the spiritual trance state of mind quite easily

No it can't, and you've never produced as much as a shred of evidence it can.

What is irrational is the delusion that "spiritual energy" exists.

No, what's irrational is that you continue to insist it doesn't exist without any proof.

There is as much evidence for the existence of "spiritual energy" as there is for the Easter Bunny, fairies, hobgoblins and pixie dust. The OP should believe in the Easter Bunny too.

More bunk from the bunkmaster because he has failed to prove God doesn't exist.

the spiritual connection you're always blathering about is not detectable ,not because science is not to the task but because there is nothing there to evaluate..and you say you don't misrepresent..

Most rational people will agree that science is the examination of the physical universe. How can it evaluate the spiritual? This would defy logic. If physical sciences could evaluate the spiritual, they would no longer be spiritual, by definition. So we see here who is doing the misrepresenting, and it is you. Once again, you want to irrationally demand that science of physical nature offer some evidence to support spiritual nature, which it can't do. Then you want to take that fact and parlay it into an argument that spiritual nature must not exist.

It is the rational equivalent of asking your dog to explain nuclear physics and when he can't, proclaiming nuclear physics must certainly not be real... the dog couldn't explain it.

You are right.

Sorry but beliefs ARE science. Everything we believe is a belief. If you believe the laws of physics, that is a belief. If you believe we evolved from apes, that is a belief. If you believe the universe is expanding, that is a belief. You will find nothing that is believed that is not a belief.

All belief relies on faith. You can believe NOTHING without faith.

You are right.

Sorry but beliefs ARE science. Everything we believe is a belief. If you believe the laws of physics, that is a belief. If you believe we evolved from apes, that is a belief. If you believe the universe is expanding, that is a belief. You will find nothing that is believed that is not a belief.

And therefore nothing is real, or everything is real, but it doesn't actually matter, because everything you see or hear or know is nothing but faith! That seems to about sum up your statement.

the OP has failed to prove anyone can ‘hate’ something that doesn’t exist as perceived by theists.

The OP is based on that precise point. God-haters can't be Atheists. You're lying. If you were truly an Atheist, you wouldn't be bothered enough to hurl insults and denigration in thread after thread after thread. You can't hate what you don't believe in. This is what distinguishes "God-haters" from "Atheists" and what the OP is pointing out.

God-haters persist because they believe in God and hate Him. This prompts the mean and nasty comments, the surly and snarky retorts, the continued incessant ridicule. You can't help it, you HATE God. As clever as you think you are with your smart-ass remarks an insulting names like "sky daddy" and "spaghetti monsters," you are demonstrating that you believe in God and hate Him.

There is a difference between hating believers or hating the belief and actually hating god.

Being an atheist in no way means being quiet about religion or not having any feelings about the beliefs of others. I'm not sure why you feel all atheists are going to act the same way toward people of religious faith.

More BS from the OP. Science can measure the spiritual trance state of mind quite easily

What is irrational is the delusion that "spiritual energy" exists.

No, what's irrational is that you continue to insist it doesn't exist without any proof.

There is as much evidence for the existence of "spiritual energy" as there is for the Easter Bunny, fairies, hobgoblins and pixie dust. The OP should believe in the Easter Bunny too.

The OP is either a blatant liar or has the memory span of a fruitfly! Probably both in his case.

Here is another in depth scientific study of spiritual trance states.

fetchObject.action

PLOS ONE: Neuroimaging during Trance State: A Contribution to the Study of Dissociation

The OP is either a blatant liar or has the memory span of a fruitfly! Probably both in his case.

fetchObject.action

PLOS ONE: Neuroimaging during Trance State: A Contribution to the Study of Dissociation

I see no evidence of anything but apparent brain activity. #FAIL... try again!

You are right.

Knowledge does not require belief. Take a hammer and drop it on your foot. The hammer is real, gravity is real and the pain in your foot is real. All of them are physical and measurable scientifically.

Only a fanatic is stupid enough to claim that "beliefs ARE science"!

fetchObject.action

I see no evidence of anything but apparent brain activity. #FAIL... try again!

You could not have read the entire article in 2 minutes therefore your kneejerk response is further proof that you are just FOS!

the OP has failed to prove anyone can ‘hate’ something that doesn’t exist as perceived by theists.

The OP is based on that precise point. God-haters can't be Atheists. You're lying. If you were truly an Atheist, you wouldn't be bothered enough to hurl insults and denigration in thread after thread after thread. You can't hate what you don't believe in. This is what distinguishes "God-haters" from "Atheists" and what the OP is pointing out.

God-haters persist because they believe in God and hate Him. This prompts the mean and nasty comments, the surly and snarky retorts, the continued incessant ridicule. You can't help it, you HATE God. As clever as you think you are with your smart-ass remarks an insulting names like "sky daddy" and "spaghetti monsters," you are demonstrating that you believe in God and hate Him.

There is a difference between hating believers or hating the belief and actually hating god.

Being an atheist in no way means being quiet about religion or not having any feelings about the beliefs of others. I'm not sure why you feel all atheists are going to act the same way toward people of religious faith.

A true Atheist cannot hate what he doesn't believe in. That's why.

Now, there are lots and lots of people who CLAIM to be Atheists. That's a fact. And perhaps you are assuming they are telling the truth about that, and you figure they are simply behaving differently than other Athiests, I don't know. What I do know is, an Atheist can't hate what he doesn't believe in.

You could not have read the entire article in 2 minutes therefore your kneejerk response is further proof that you are just FOS!

I already knew what you were going to post before I made my first response to you. What you have "evidence" of is brain activity, nothing more. You cannot show the person was in a "spiritual trance" as opposed to any other kind of trance, only that their brain was active. Now you can certainly have FAITH in your belief that this "proves" something, I won't argue there. But you've not shown evidence of what you claimed.

Knowledge does not require belief. Take a hammer and drop it on your foot. The hammer is real, gravity is real and the pain in your foot is real. All of them are physical and measurable scientifically.

Everything you believe requires belief.

Taking a hammer and dropping it on your foot is not a belief, it is an action. When you conduct this action, you believe the force of gravity will work. You believe that when the force of gravity works and the hammer hits your foot it will cause pain. Your experiment confirms those beliefs. You have faith your beliefs are valid. You have faith that gravity will work as you believe. What if you are standing on the moon when you do this? Will pain still result? No, because gravity doesn't cause the same effect on the moon as it does on Earth. This doesn't mean gravity isn't real or your faith is invalid.

I already knew what you were going to post before I made my first response to you. What you have "evidence" of is brain activity, nothing more. You cannot show the person was in a "spiritual trance" as opposed to any other kind of trance, only that their brain was active. Now you can certainly have FAITH in your belief that this "proves" something, I won't argue there. But you've not shown evidence of what you claimed.

:lmao: at the OP claiming "psychic powers" now!

And you just debunked you own allegation that "billions of people" are "evidence" of "spiritual energy".

These were experienced spiritual mediums that acknowledged that they were "communicating" and having "out of body" experiences while they were being scientifically monitored. The monitored readings show that their brains were operating in different states while in a spiritual trance as opposed to normal functioning. This data meets all the criteria for reproducible scientific studies.

Your desperation is showing now that you are trying to claim that there has to be "belief" and "faith" where none is needed.

Everything you believe requires belief.
No belief is required for factual knowledge!
Taking a hammer and dropping it on your foot is not a belief, it is an action. When you conduct this action, you believe the force of gravity will work. You believe that when the force of gravity works and the hammer hits your foot it will cause pain. Your experiment confirms those beliefs. You have faith your beliefs are valid. You have faith that gravity will work as you believe. What if you are standing on the moon when you do this? Will pain still result? No, because gravity doesn't cause the same effect on the moon as it does on Earth. This doesn't mean gravity isn't real or your faith is invalid.

Your ignorance is on display again! The same experiment works on the moon and it proves that gravity is real because the pain that you feel will be far less since the hammer only weighs 1/6th of what it does on earth. No belief required.

And you just debunked your own allegation that "billions of people" are "evidence" of "spiritual energy".

These were experienced spiritual mediums that acknowledged that they were "communicating" and having "out of body" experiences while they were being scientifically monitored. The monitored readings show that their brains were operating in different states while in a spiritual trance as opposed to normal functioning. This data meets all the criteria for reproducible scientific studies.

Your desperation is showing now that you are trying to claim that there has to be "belief" and "faith" where none is needed.

I think the basic problem is that accepting the evidence requires honesty and a love of truth that boss has repeatedly demonstrated that he lacks

However it must take vast amounts of 'spiritual energy', faith, and belief in the face of diminishing returns, to always try to get people who know better to keep playing three-card Monte.

And you just debunked you own allegation that "billions of people" are "evidence" of "spiritual energy".

All it "shows" is measured activity in the brain. Different activity causes different measurements, that doesn't "prove" anything. Spirituality is not an "out of body" experience, I am very much IN my body when I connect spiritually.

There is no "desperation" on my part when I correctly state that ANYTHING you believe requires belief... that's logic. Faith is required for ANY belief. Again, that is logic not desperation. If you can give an example of something you believe without belief, or something you believe in without faith in that belief, then go for it. I predict this is not possible.

I know humans who have such a profound spiritual connection, they would have no fear in the midst of a tiger - It depends on the human in question and how strong their faith is - So your question, while it may seem to have an obvious answer, does not..

who's talking about faith - or science ?

I know humans who have such a profound spiritual connection ...

ok, you want it simple, what is your basis the Tiger does not have the same spiritual connection ?

Why do the God-haters persist?

is that anyone that represents Spirituality for all that is living ? .... or God created life without soul's for the purpose to please mankind - otherwise you are a hater ?

Spiritual connection of humans is not an emotion of God.

what or why does it then exist ? - you and theword might consider a conference call.

All it "shows" is measured activity in the brain. Different activity causes different measurements, that doesn't "prove" anything. Spirituality is not an "out of body" experience, I am very much IN my body when I connect spiritually.

There is no "desperation" on my part when I correctly state that ANYTHING you believe requires belief... that's logic. Faith is required for ANY belief. Again, that is logic not desperation. If you can give an example of something you believe without belief, or something you believe in without faith in that belief, then go for it. I predict this is not possible.

knowing something is true because it can be tested and verified is not the same as believing something to be true even though it cannot be tested or verified.

Boss, how do you explain who is more freighted when left in a room together, the man or the Tiger ?

Boss: MY God doesn't "love" ...that's a human emotion. My God is Spiritual Energy.

MY God doesn't "love" ...

I'm not sure you have answered the exclusivity of your belief only mankind connects to the Almighty - or "why would God only set such a goal for mankind alone" - with the absurd notion, God is without emotion ?

what connection does mankind have that is not based on emotion and is not shared by all other living creatures, having all evolved from the same origin ?

does it really make a difference - building an airplane no other species on earth is capable of, relates to an exclusive spiritual affinity to God by Gods design ... ?

First, you need to stop talking in riddles and chopping my comments up into parts you infer meaning to that isn't there. It's annoying, but it also makes it difficult for me to respond to you. My words are what I mean, there is no hidden meaning or mysterious values to read into them.

A tiger is much more fearsome than a human for obvious reasons, you know this, which is why you give the example. Let me just answer you by saying this... I know humans who have such a profound spiritual connection, they would have no fear in the midst of a tiger. Their faith is that strong. So your question, while it may seem to have an obvious answer, does not. It depends on the human in question and how strong their faith is.

I am not clear on what you mean by God "setting goals for mankind alone" and I've not indicated that I believe God sets goals. I also don't believe that everything evolved from the same origin. Spiritual connection of humans is not an emotion of God.

You're simply jumping all over the board with emotive assumptions of what I believe. It's as if you are trying to back me into a corner of contradiction by using profoundly distorted examples of what you think I have said. If we can't have an honest dialogue, there is no point in a dialogue.
It seems breezewood has you by the balls.
no one needs to assume any thing about what you believe it flows like diarrhea from your keyboard.
you contradict yourself endlessly and when called onit you plead the old stand byes :emotive assumption, lack of intelligence etc..

Forum List

Back