Why do the God-haters persist?

My point stands. The scientific method has absolutely no bearing on the existence of spirtuality, the validity of it, the existence of a higher power, nor can it determine the existence of *faith*.

Agreed, but that is not the point the OP is trying to make. He is alleging the existence of a mythical "spiritual energy" and claiming that people's feelings of spirituality are "evidence" of this "spiritual energy". He has invoked Darwin and alleged that only mankind is capable of a "spiritual connection" to his mythical "spiritual energy" only to be proven wrong when evidence of spirituality exists in Neanderthal sites that predate human ones. He also alleges that anyone who successfully debunks his absurdities is a de facto "god hater". Too bad that his own posts expose the OP as a Christian hater.

So, unlike you, the OP is making ludicrous claims that he cannot substantiate. As you stated there are plenty of Christians who understand and embrace the scientific method. The OP would classify them as "god haters" too if they were to hold up his allegations to any kind of scrutiny.

Stop lying to people, asshole. I've made no such arguments. The OP is about the difference between true Atheists and God-haters. I've substantiated every claim I've made, you've not refuted them, and so now you're just bowing up and lying through your shit-stained teeth, like the low-life trash you are. You've not held up anything to scrutiny, you have twisted and wiggled around logic at every turn to avoid admitting you've had your ass handed to you. It's not my job to prove spiritual nature to you, it's your job to disprove it if you are going to claim it doesn't exist. So far, you have failed to do so. I couldn't care less if you believe it or don't believe it, makes no difference to me or the God I believe in.

My point stands. The scientific method has absolutely no bearing on the existence of spirtuality, the validity of it, the existence of a higher power, nor can it determine the existence of *faith*.

Agreed, but that is not the point the OP is trying to make. He is alleging the existence of a mythical "spiritual energy" and claiming that people's feelings of spirituality are "evidence" of this "spiritual energy". He has invoked Darwin and alleged that only mankind is capable of a "spiritual connection" to his mythical "spiritual energy" only to be proven wrong when evidence of spirituality exists in Neanderthal sites that predate human ones. He also alleges that anyone who successfully debunks his absurdities is a de facto "god hater". Too bad that his own posts expose the OP as a Christian hater.

So, unlike you, the OP is making ludicrous claims that he cannot substantiate. As you stated there are plenty of Christians who understand and embrace the scientific method. The OP would classify them as "god haters" too if they were to hold up his allegations to any kind of scrutiny.

Stop lying to people, asshole. I've made no such arguments. The OP is about the difference between true Atheists and God-haters. I've substantiated every claim I've made, you've not refuted them, and so now you're just bowing up and lying through your shit-stained teeth, like the low-life trash you are. You've not held up anything to scrutiny, you have twisted and wiggled around logic at every turn to avoid admitting you've had your ass handed to you. It's not my job to prove spiritual nature to you, it's your job to disprove it if you are going to claim it doesn't exist. So far, you have failed to do so. I couldn't care less if you believe it or don't believe it, makes no difference to me or the God I believe in.

Considering the insults and vitriol in this reply, shall I assume you are a god-hater? :eusa_whistle:

Considering the insults and vitriol in this reply, shall I assume you are a god-hater?

Gee, I don't see where I said anything about insults and vitriol automatically being God-hate. Nope, not there. Didn't say it, wasn't my argument or point. But thanks for demonstrating what a totally incompetent dickhead you are.

Do you seriously want to defend someone like this, KG? Whereas your position is consistent the OP has just admitted to demanding "evidence" as opposed to being honest and relying on faith for his beliefs. It doesn't help that he resorts to vulgarities and insults whenever anyone exposes the truth about his dissembling.

In my opinion you are better off without him since he is doing those of true faith way more harm than good.

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

Not believing the god myth does not equal hate.

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

Never claimed it did. Perhaps you should read the OP again, maybe you can grasp the point next time?

Never claimed it did. Perhaps you should read the OP again, maybe you can grasp the point next time?

Thin skinned believers are just as bad as thin skinned nonbelievers

Considering the insults and vitriol in this reply, shall I assume you are a god-hater?

Gee, I don't see where I said anything about insults and vitriol automatically being God-hate. Nope, not there. Didn't say it, wasn't my argument or point. But thanks for demonstrating what a totally incompetent dickhead you are.

No, you didn't....but you DID equate insults and vitriol to god-haters and the supposed secret believers.

Perhaps you are upset that I am mocking the assumptions you supposedly don't make instead of mocking god? :dunno:

You are drowning in denial!

Then you should be able to demonstrate that.
he has, I have, everybody else has....your denial precludes you from seeing it..
both are fact and testable but you don't believe it....

People that choose their own reality arbitrarily apart from the facts are technically mentally ill.

I know humans who have such a profound spiritual connection, they would have no fear in the midst of a tiger - It depends on the human in question and how strong their faith is - So your question, while it may seem to have an obvious answer, does not..

who's talking about faith - or science ?

I know humans who have such a profound spiritual connection ...

ok, you want it simple, what is your basis the Tiger does not have the same spiritual connection ?

is that anyone that represents Spirituality for all that is living ? .... or God created life without soul's for the purpose to please mankind - otherwise you are a hater ?

Spiritual connection of humans is not an emotion of God.

what or why does it then exist ? - you and theword might consider a conference call.

bump, just for kicks ...

"what is your basis the Tiger does not have the same spiritual connection ?"

seriously ... is it your goal to destroy all other life as a member of the NRA using your God to be consciously correct ? ... i guess the attempted hummer will preclude an answer to the above, again.

Forum List

Back