Why do the poorest whites score higher than the richest blacks on the SAT?

If the argument against genetic determinism of IQ is that economics and wealth matters, why does the intelligence gap persist when controlled for economic status?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achievement_gap_in_the_United_States#Income_and_class
Why do the richest whites, score lower than the poorest Asians? Do the gene pool a favor and don't procreate. :thup:
Asians score higher than whites for exactly the same reasons whites (and everyone else in fact) score higher than blacks.
You are inferior. Stop trying to group yourself in with the Asians.
I understand. It sucks being at the proverbial "bottom of the barrel". Sometimes life isn't fair. That is the way nature intended it.
Thank you it nice to have someone with understanding attitude on this board. I have a bad accident and had a head injury and my IQ dropped to 138 and it been hard road since then......

:dig:
My shrink said the same thing that I was a Bi human.

Perhaps:

When people come from families that have been educated for generations, it's expected that they become educated. They exercise their brains from a young age. Especially since the family has had evidence that education is well rewarded.

When people come from families that have never been educated, that have a history of oppression, and have no evidence that education is rewarded, those people tend to by cynical towards education and intellectual development. They do not exercise their brains.

That results in lower IQs.

If the argument against genetic determinism of IQ is that economics and wealth matters, why does the intelligence gap persist when controlled for economic status?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achievement_gap_in_the_United_States#Income_and_class
Why do the richest whites, score lower than the poorest Asians? Do the gene pool a favor and don't procreate. :thup:

Since I appreciate facts, reason and evidence, I'm well aware that Whites score below both East Asians and Jews on IQ measurements.

Why would you assume I dispute those findings?

Jews are not white??

Since I appreciate facts, reason and evidence, I'm well aware that Whites score below both East Asians and Jews on IQ measurements.

Why would you assume I dispute those findings?

Jews are not white??

Brought to you by the same people who think Mexican and Arabs are not white either!

Perhaps:

When people come from families that have been educated for generations, it's expected that they become educated. They exercise their brains from a young age. Especially since the family has had evidence that education is well rewarded.

When people come from families that have never been educated, that have a history of oppression, and have no evidence that education is rewarded, those people tend to by cynical towards education and intellectual development. They do not exercise their brains.

Amazing the amount of valedictorians among the sons and daughters of Vietnamese rice farmers, eh?

Perhaps:

Ah the good ol' systemic oppression canard.

If systemic institutional oppression were a real thing, Whites would have the highest levels of income attainment.

However, they don't Asian Americans do. How did they manage to avoid systemic oppression? Did the system just not apply the great injustices of the world to Asians?

White Americans - Wikipedia

Know what LBJ said "tell the dumbest white guy he is smarter than the smartest black guy and you can pick his pocket forever"
Bring back lynching, that's what I say

Except that's not what the data says. The data says 1 in 4 blacks are smarter than the average white. Not too shabby!

Perhaps:

Ah the good ol' systemic oppression canard.

If systemic institutional oppression were a real thing, Whites would have the highest levels of income attainment.

However, they don't Asian Americans do. How did they manage to avoid systemic oppression? Did the system just not apply the great injustices of the world to Asians?

White Americans - Wikipedia

When were Asians slaves in the USA?

While, for the most part, blacks are no longer suffer from extreme oppression, the oppression suffered by their ancestors was very real and very severe. It's only very recently that there has been any real equality or opportunity for blacks in the US. This has a huge effect on black culture.

To Asians the US has been a land of opportunity, to blacks it has been, historically, a land of slavery and oppression.

Forum List

Back