🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do they permit divorce?

If the Americans trust God and think Jesus is their god, then how can they disobey him by permitting divorce and remarrying for no valid reason?

The OP must really be from Uranus, to be asking that question!:laugh:

I doubt very many--if any at all--say, "Too bad you blew it." Where did you get that?
That is what the Catholic Church dictates

Sure you can get a Divorce, you just aren’t allowed to marry again, even if you find someone who loves you. Unless you get a phony “annulment”

If the Americans trust God and think Jesus is their god, then how can they disobey him by permitting divorce and remarrying for no valid reason?
Divorce reduces homicide rates.

The same reason that God allowed those under the covenant of Moses to divorce their wives and in some instances have more than one spouse. "He (Jesus) saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts have suffered you to put away your wives: But from the beginning it was not so. And I say unto you, whosever shall put away his wife ....EXCEPT IT BE FOR FORNICATION.....and shall marry another, committeth adultery; and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery." -- Matthew 19:8-9

Divorce is allowed when one or the other of the spouses engages in "fornication" (sex outside of marriage).

Just how does anyone know who has a valid reason? Sounds much like gossip., "If any man among you seem to be religious; and bridleth not his tongue; but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is in vain."

I have to admit......at times this board has the same appearance as a hen party at a sowing circle.

before the 60's or a reason for that time was the entrapment fostered by the various religions as they instilled in gov't as well the hopeless state of mostly woman that were denied a means to resolve the unhindered abusive relationships they and their children were forced to suffer through by alcoholic or similar dependent spouses no matter however brutal were the relationships. meany wept to their graves before their time.

You mean, in God you don't trust?
Nope

Printing that on money doesn't violate the First Amendment.

It's an archaic custom and is basically meaningless

Religion is on the decline and this country was never a theocracy

Nope

Printing that on money doesn't violate the First Amendment.

It's an archaic custom and is basically meaningless

Religion is on the decline and this country was never a theocracy
I'm confused. Do you trust God or do you not?

Islam in America is on the rise.

I'm confused. Do you trust God or do you not?

Islam in America is on the rise.
Do you really think that ALL Americans are religious?

And on the rise from what? An increase in a small number of people isn't very significant.

Do you really think that ALL Americans are religious?

And on the rise from what? An increase in a small number of people isn't very significant.
Why can't you say whether you trust God or not?

No, never said that.

The number of Muslims is increasing.
What is significant is your straying from the topic.

before the 60's or a reason for that time was the entrapment fostered by the various religions as they instilled in gov't as well the hopeless state of mostly woman that were denied a means to resolve the unhindered abusive relationships they and their children were forced to suffer through by alcoholic or similar dependent spouses no matter however brutal were the relationships. meany wept to their graves before their time.
So you aren't a Christian, I assume?

Why can't you say whether you trust God or not?

No, never said that.

The number of Muslims is increasing.
What is significant is your straying from the topic.
No your topic is bogus because you are assuming ALL Americans believe in god.

Our government is prohibited from passing any laws respecting the establishment of religion therefore the government can pass no laws banning divorce

As far as the government is concerned, marriage is a property contract between to people and that is all it is.

So you aren't a Christian, I assume?
... many wept to their graves before their time.

your assumption reflects a 4th century c bible written by the prosecuitors of a crime - not the 1st century events of liberation theology (content of this thread), self deturmination many during that time died for and have persisted to this day - the religion of antiquity. despite the false desert religions.

your assumption reflects a 4th century c bible written by the prosecuitors of a crime - not the 1st century events of liberation theology (content of this thread), self deturmination many during that time died for and have persisted to this day - the religion of antiquity. despite the false desert religions.
So you are a Christian, but reject Christianity at the same time.

I'm still assuming since I'm not getting any definitive answers.

Forum List

Back