🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do they permit divorce?

So you are a Christian, but reject Christianity at the same time.

I'm still assuming since I'm not getting any definitive answers.
Why do you care if anyone trusts in God or not? It makes no difference in my life if people trust, believe or worship God. Why is it so important to you? Do you need an answer to start an argument? :dunno:

So you are a Christian, but reject Christianity at the same time.

I'm still assuming since I'm not getting any definitive answers.

there is no claim by the 1st century religious itinerant of being a messiah by their own hand - christianity is therefore untrue ...

your distortion of the 1st century is your issue - not mine - in what those events reflected to bring about a crucifixion and what is recorded in a book written 4 centuries latter.

the liberation theology of the 1st century was a recognition for just reward, self determination and would aqueous to separations due to blatent brutality of one spouce over the other and for future relationships of their own choosing.

Good grief, have you ever used common sense? Tolerate a persons beliefs is what we are talking about, not tolerate a man beating a woman. If it were me, I'd divorce them. I don't understand all beliefs or religions but I will tolerate their beliefs, just like I'd tolerate your beliefs. It is a liberal ideal so you may not understand it.

- well, yours is a sound post - my reaction as indicated by someone else, for them was something of a stretch (deleted post) however there is a difference in what is religion and what is misrepresentation of historical events and used for nefarious purposes and repeated throughout recorded history with the same deleterious results.

So Matthew

If your spouse beats you, is abusive to your children, husband refuses to support the family, is in jail, has offensive hygiene…..

As long as there is no sexual immorality….
Divorce is off the table
So it would seem.

Law of divorce is in Deuteronomy 24 of the Old Testament.

1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.

2 And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife.

That ^^^^^ is only one of many
If you're suggesting Christians should abide by the OT rather than the NT, we have a whole different set of issues to discuss.

There are provisions for divorce as pointed out in post #2. Other than those, divorce is no different than any other sin pointed out in the Bible.... Fornication, lying, stealing, etc..
Or planting two crops in the same field.

If the Americans trust God and think Jesus is their god, then how can they disobey him by permitting divorce and remarrying for no valid reason?
Why do they permit divorce?

1646265428888.png

Why do they permit divorce?​

Divorce reduces homicide rates.
It increases suicide rates.

- in comparison to the - they - in the thread title ... their unwitting deep concern for the unfortunate.

rather remove all barriers preventing an immediate termination with reconciliation an after the fact structured event by law.

If the Americans trust God and think Jesus is their god, then how can they disobey him by permitting divorce and remarrying for no valid reason?
GOD may be perfect, but people aren't.

Why do you care if anyone trusts in God or not? It makes no difference in my life if people trust, believe or worship God. Why is it so important to you? Do you need an answer to start an argument? :dunno:
It's in the OP. If you're not interested in the topic, why are you here?

Forum List

Back