🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do they permit divorce?

I'd rather be serious.
You think he isn't being serious. How many women, especially ex-wives have to get to restraining orders against their husbands / boyfriends. Way too many.

You think he isn't being serious. How many women, especially ex-wives have to get to restraining orders against their husbands / boyfriends. Way too many.
That's not statistics.

Essentially two parents are better than one. Children need positive, loving role models.
Can the two parents provide that positive, loving role model when they are not monogamous?

It's in the OP. If you're not interested in the topic, why are you here?
Because people seem to misquote and misinterpret the scripture, my opinion is others religion none of my business. I may disagree with beliefs but people have a right to believe what they want.

Of course.
So no separations, hurts, or sorrows. And when children are the result of these other liaisons, quality time is spent with all families and all the children. No one feels slighted or left out.

So no separations, hurts, or sorrows. And when children are the result of these other liaisons, quality time is spent with all families and all the children. No one feels slighted or left out.
In an ideal world free of prejudices and biases which are socialized in most of our institutions. So I don't even know if it's possible. Maybe in the distant future, but I think mankind is still to primitive and emotional to embrace that type of world.

In an ideal world free of prejudices and biases which are socialized in most of our institutions. So I don't even know if it's possible. Maybe in the distant future, but I think mankind is still to primitive and emotional to embrace that type of world.
It seems the argument is to relish one's sexual proclivities over family--that sex should be the determining factor of how one choose to live his/her life.

It seems the argument is to relish one's sexual proclivities over family--that sex should be the determining factor of how one choose to live his/her life.
Sociologist rated various cultures present and past and came to the conclusion that the Hawaiians before the Advent of the white man had the best overall culture of anyone. I don't remember all the criteria that had to be met but having every member of society being loved and cared for was the top priority. The ancient Hawaiians were very polygamous, I mean they had very few exclusions on who you could have sex with, it included many different forms of what we here would call incest. The white missionaries were very harsh and did not try to understand the way they viewed things. Sex wasn't a bad word to these people it was a very important part of life. Shame and guilt did not exist. These are things that society has manufactured for us.

Sociologist rated various cultures present and past and came to the conclusion that the Hawaiians before the Advent of the white man had the best overall culture of anyone. I don't remember all the criteria that had to be met but having every member of society being loved and cared for was the top priority. The ancient Hawaiians were very polygamous, I mean they had very few exclusions on who you could have sex with, it included many different forms of what we here would call incest. The white missionaries were very harsh and did not try to understand the way they viewed things. Sex wasn't a bad word to these people it was a very important part of life. Shame and guilt did not exist. These are things that society has manufactured for us.
So you believe that the ancient Hawaiians should be our guide? True, 4.4 million years ago, we were mostly polygamous, but then about 3.5 million years ago we shifted to monogamy.

paterfamilias - is the blatant underpinning for the desert religions that binds them in servitude to themselves than the 1st century liberation theology they brutally put an end to and have been doing so since that time and reaffirmed by the latter advent of islam.

- the disgruntled o p.

So you believe that the ancient Hawaiians should be our guide? True, 4.4 million years ago, we were mostly polygamous, but then about 3.5 million years ago we shifted to monogamy.
I was just relaying what sociologist said. I didn't compare it to what exists now, I knew that would be inappropriate. Plus I think your timeline is way off even in the Bible most of the characters had multiple wives and multiple concubines. That's polygamy. More recently the Mormons kept moving West to avoid us laws against polygamy. I'm sure there's other cases all over the world that did exist and they still exist that are different, that's what's great about this world all the differences, all the possibilities.

I was just relaying what sociologist said. I didn't compare it to what exists now, I knew that would be inappropriate. Plus I think your timeline is way off even in the Bible most of the characters had multiple wives and multiple concubines. That's polygamy. More recently the Mormons kept moving West to avoid us laws against polygamy. I'm sure there's other cases all over the world that did exist and they still exist that are different, that's what's great about this world all the differences, all the possibilities.
What we discussed so far has been polygyny ( multiple wives ). They're also having cases of polyandry ( multiple husbands ) throughout history, but these are much more rare.

If the Americans trust God and think Jesus is their god, then how can they disobey him by permitting divorce and remarrying for no valid reason?
God has nil to do with marriage and never did.
Its a certified contract between two people registered with the government.

The church or God never had any control over it.

More to the point, why do the godbotberers continue to break the laws of the church like abortion and contraception.
Its a common as air but nothing is ever said.
Why does the church allow kiddy fiddlers amongst their ranks and says nothing? Concentrate on those issues first.

Forum List

Back