CDZ Why do you eat pork if it is forbidden in the Bible?

Muslims are not supposed to eat pork, and I know Jews aren't either...but recently I found out from one of my friends that according to the bible, christians are not allowed to eat pork (I think he mentioned Deuteronomy or something). Is there something that we both misunderstand or are just missing in general?
Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

Because they only adhere to a literal interpretation of the Bible when it suits them.

"Donald Polish said: ↑

Muslims are not supposed to eat pork, and I know Jews aren't either...but recently I found out from one of my friends that according to the bible, christians are not allowed to eat pork (I think he mentioned Deuteronomy or something). Is there something that we both misunderstand or are just missing in general?"

Your friend's an idiot. Nothing in Deuteronomy or any other part of the Tanach binds Christians.

Christians rejected the rules that are Judaism-----Paul was in the business of creating a Judaism palatable to romans

Muslims are not supposed to eat pork, and I know Jews aren't either...but recently I found out from one of my friends that according to the bible, christians are not allowed to eat pork (I think he mentioned Deuteronomy or something). Is there something that we both misunderstand or are just missing in general?"

Your friend's an idiot. Nothing in Deuteronomy or any other part of the Tanach binds Christians.
There nothing in Deuteronomy about Christians at all. How could there be Christians in the Old Testament?

There nothing in Deuteronomy about Christians at all. How could there be Christians in the Old Testament?

Christianity didn't exist when Tanach was written, neither'd Islam nor would they for over a thousand years.

do not get confused----no one claimed that there is-----except for some
strange reason -----some Christian scholars got the idea that Daniel was
a kinda "Christian"------I think-----I think I got that idea from Dante ----but I
read that book more than 50 years ago. I think Daniel got into heaven----
somehow. There was a loophole-----even if a person was born
before Jesus came about to provide "salvation"----some people just "knew"
beforehand

Christianity didn't exist when Tanach was written, neither'd Islam nor would they for over a thousand years.
Obviously, so why even mention what Christians could or couldn't do according to the Bible?

wrong-----ask your friendly muslim neighbor-----adam and eve were muslims and spoke Arabic. I have a vague memory that some Christian scholars have
proposed that some old testament players already KNEW ----or something like
that. Even more interesting----the Koran existed before Muhummad was born---
I seem to remember that the book I read was all about him. Mysticism is fun

Obviously, so why even mention what Christians could or couldn't do according to the Bible?

You've misread something. Suggest you quit speaking and go back and read things in context.

wrong-----ask your friendly muslim neighbor-----adam and eve were muslims and spoke Arabic. I have a vague memory that some Christian scholars have
What?

Read the book of Romans

The OT is filled with "blood laws", i.e. sacrificial laws.
Jesus paid the ultimate and final sacrifice. We are not bound by those laws.

Glad to help
I did a fairly in-depth analysis on this subject on another board. It was, of course, ignored. They don't care to know why, they aren't interested in truth, and throwing the jewelry in front of them just gets it muddy.

Muslims are not supposed to eat pork, and I know Jews aren't either...but recently I found out from one of my friends that according to the bible, christians are not allowed to eat pork (I think he mentioned Deuteronomy or something). Is there something that we both misunderstand or are just missing in general?
Roasted-Pork-2.jpg

Because they only adhere to a literal interpretation of the Bible when it suits them.
Incorrect. You have to consider the whole Bible, not just the parts cherrypicked to appear other than they are.

Because they're trolling and baiting.

What?

what "what"?? I mentioned some beliefs----that's all-------you want specifics?

You've misread something. Suggest you quit speaking and go back and read things in context.
I think it's you who's confused about the context. The point of the OP is clear: Some Christians adhere to interpretations of the Bible which apparently allow them the latitude to pick and choose which parts of the Old Testament they want to obey.

I don't think so. There are lots of Christians who cite the
"old testament" laws as if they apply to them. It is an interesting
discussion. Christian theologians do it lots. Even muslim theologians
do it. -----sorta.

I don't think so. There are lots of Christians who cite the
"old testament" laws as if they apply to them. It is an interesting
discussion. Christian theologians do it lots. Even muslim theologians
do it. -----sorta.
There's a danger in doing that. If you want to put yourself back under a part of the OT law after Christ completed it, you'll be held accountable to the entire law. I think a lot of Christians either are not aware of that, or don't understand what they're doing.

Any other helpful suggestions?

Forum List

Back