Why do you hate

I think pro-lifers honestly believe pro-choicers are evil and will never compromise their values on this issue.

They don't need to compromise their values. They just need to stop trying to force their values on others.

That's the problem with the way we view government and its relationship to society. Because we've largely accepted the myth that government is the be-all, end-all expression of society, we assume that government should have something to say about everything. If it's good, government should encourage it, or even make it mandatory. If it's bad, government should regulate it, or ban it outright.

We've lost track of the conception of government as protector of freedom, and, instead, adopted the authoritarian view that government is there to tell us how to live in any and all cases.
You can't have your cake and eat it to. You can't live in a free secular society and allow all voices to be heard except the ones you don't like.

All except for the "I don't care" part. I see abortion as real tragedy - much like suicide. But, like suicide, it's stupid to make it illegal and doing so causes more harm than good. Government can't solve every problem.
in suicide youre killing yourself in abortion youre killing someone else,,,,

It doesn't matter whether you think it's another person. If it's inside of someone else's body, it's none of your business. If you try to make it your business, you will create far more problems than you solve.
It's all of our business. The fact that the pendulum is swinging the other way is proof that it is our business.

The pendulum swinging the other way is proof you're going to try to make it your business. It will prove to be a mistake. No matter how much you may want to control society, there's only so much government can do. Overreaching always fails. Liberals and conservatives alike enamored with the idea that they can reshape society in their own image by passing laws. They are wrong.
It was inevitable that it would swing this way just like it was inevitable that slavery would swing that way.

Prohibition is a much better comparison. Self-righteous zealots hell-bent on forcing their faith on others. In the end, they lost. So will you.

and you said deformity's and suffering,,what deformity and how would they suffer, that would justify you killing them???

not that hard of a question
That's why I gave you an answer: "I don't like to see suffering but if you do check here." This would justify it for me.

There may be many more abnormalities that would have made me think seriously about an abortion but I couldn't even get through the A's
so you cant name one,,,

would downs syndrome be one??
So I not only have to Google for you but I have to click the link too? Well here you go:

Achondrogenesis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Achondrogenesis

The appearance of the female baby with achondrogenesis type I after birth. Baby weighed 1810 grams and measured 31 centimeters; died within the first thirty minutes of birth.
Specialty Medical genetics
Deaths Common

Postmortem anteroposterior (A) and lateral (B) whole-body radiographs of the baby.
Achondrogenesis is a number of disorders that are the most severe form of congenital chondrodysplasia (malformation of bones and cartilage). These conditions are characterized by a small body, short limbs, and other skeletal abnormalities. As a result of their serious health problems, infants with achondrogenesis are usually born prematurely, are stillborn, or die shortly after birth from respiratory failure. Some infants, however, have lived for a while with intensive medical support.

Researchers have described at least three forms of achondrogenesis, designated as Achondrogenesis type 1A, achondrogenesis type 1B and achondrogenesis type 2. These types are distinguished by their signs and symptoms, inheritance pattern, and genetic cause. Other types of achondrogenesis may exist, but they have not been characterized or their cause is unknown.

Achondrogenesis type 1A is caused by a defect in the microtubules of the Golgi apparatus. In mice, a nonsense mutation in the thyroid hormone receptor interactor 11 gene (Trip11), which encodes the Golgi microtubule-associated protein 210 (GMAP-210), resulted in defects similar to the human disease. When their DNA was sequenced, human patients with achondrogenesis type 1A also had loss-of-function mutations in GMAP-210. GMAP-210 moves proteins from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi apparatus. Because of the defect, GMAP-210 is not able to move the proteins, and they remain in the endoplasmic reticulum, which swells up. The loss of Golgi apparatus function affects some cells, such as those responsible for forming bone and cartilage, more than others.[1]

Achondrogenesis type 1B is caused by a similar mutation in SLC26A2, which encodes a sulfate transporter.

Achondrogenesis, type 2 is one of several skeletal disorders caused by mutations in the COL2A1 gene. Achondrogenesis, type 2 and
And it is still a fringe argument being used to justify the ending of millions of healthy lives.

It doesn't matter whether you think it's another person. If it's inside of someone else's body, it's none of your business. If you try to make it your business, you will create far more problems than you solve.
It's all of our business. The fact that the pendulum is swinging the other way is proof that it is our business.

The pendulum swinging the other way is proof you're going to try to make it your business. It will prove to be a mistake. No matter how much you may want to control society, there's only so much government can do. Overreaching always fails. Liberals and conservatives alike enamored with the idea that they can reshape society in their own image by passing laws. They are wrong.
It was inevitable that it would swing this way just like it was inevitable that slavery would swing that way.

Prohibition is a much better comparison. Self-righteous zealots hell-bent on forcing their faith on others. In the end, they lost. So will you.
Actually slavery is a spot on comparison. The Supreme Court even handed down a ruling that some human lives were nothing more than property to be disposed of at the will of its owner.

Now if that is not a direct apples to apples comparison, I don't know what is.

Prohibition did not grant anyone the right to end a human life as they saw fit.

and you said deformity's and suffering,,what deformity and how would they suffer, that would justify you killing them???

That's why I gave you an answer: "I don't like to see suffering but if you do check here." This would justify it for me.

There may be many more abnormalities that would have made me think seriously about an abortion but I couldn't even get through the A's
so you cant name one,,,

So I not only have to Google for you but I have to click the link too? Well here you go:

Achondrogenesis
Achondrogenesis

The appearance of the female baby with achondrogenesis type I after birth. Baby weighed 1810 grams and measured 31 centimeters; died within the first thirty minutes of birth.
Deaths Common

Postmortem anteroposterior (A) and lateral (B) whole-body radiographs of the baby.
Achondrogenesis is a number of disorders that are the most severe form of congenital chondrodysplasia (malformation of bones and cartilage). These conditions are characterized by a small body, short limbs, and other skeletal abnormalities. As a result of their serious health problems, infants with achondrogenesis are usually born prematurely, are stillborn, or die shortly after birth from respiratory failure. Some infants, however, have lived for a while with intensive medical support.

Researchers have described at least three forms of achondrogenesis, designated as Achondrogenesis type 1A, achondrogenesis type 1B and achondrogenesis type 2. These types are distinguished by their signs and symptoms, inheritance pattern, and genetic cause. Other types of achondrogenesis may exist, but they have not been characterized or their cause is unknown.

Achondrogenesis type 1A is caused by a defect in the microtubules of the Golgi apparatus. In mice, a nonsense mutation in the thyroid hormone receptor interactor 11 gene (Trip11), which encodes the Golgi microtubule-associated protein 210 (GMAP-210), resulted in defects similar to the human disease. When their DNA was sequenced, human patients with achondrogenesis type 1A also had loss-of-function mutations in GMAP-210. GMAP-210 moves proteins from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi apparatus. Because of the defect, GMAP-210 is not able to move the proteins, and they remain in the endoplasmic reticulum, which swells up. The loss of Golgi apparatus function affects some cells, such as those responsible for forming bone and cartilage, more than others.[1]

Achondrogenesis type 1B is caused by a similar mutation in SLC26A2, which encodes a sulfate transporter.

Achondrogenesis, type 2 is one of several skeletal disorders caused by mutations in the COL2A1 gene. Achondrogenesis, type 2 and
And it is still a fringe argument being used to justify the ending of millions of healthy lives.

Have you seen the god article where he has killed the most?

so your solution is to kill the child,,got it
So your solution is to let the child suffer and then let it die? Got it.
How do you know they suffer? Most babies born with achondrogenesis usually die before birth, are stillborn, or die soon after birth from respiratory failure.

But putting that aside, is that your rationalization for ending millions of lives of healthy babies?

In the end slavery lost and so will abortion. 150 years from now people will look back at abortion like we look back at slavery. People are not property to be disposed of at the will of their owner.

Actually slavery is a spot on comparison. The Supreme Court even handed down a ruling that some human lives were nothing more than property to be disposed of at the will of its owner.

Not at all. Slaves weren't silently growing in a womb. There were fully realized people. Keep trying.

so you cant name one,,,

Achondrogenesis
Achondrogenesis

Deaths Common

Have you seen the god article where he has killed the most?
Why would that matter? I'm not making a religious argument. I am making a legal argument, a scientific argument and a right and wrong argument.

Besides since everyone eventually dies, you can just as easily blame that on God too.

Not at all. Slaves weren't silently growing in a womb. There were fully realized people. Keep trying.
Doesn't matter. At conception a new genetically distinct human being has come into existence. One that has never existed before and will never exist again. This in not a matter of conjecture. This is a scientific fact based on empirical evidence.

So it is not just any human life, it is a very specific human life. One that should be afforded legal rights. Specifically the right to pursue life, liberty and happiness. Which are our country's founding values.

You keep proving my point. You acknowledge they are bad on one hand and rationalize they are good with the other one.

I can 100%, unequivocally say abortion is bad. It is never good.

Why can't you say you know they are bad but you still support them? Because being moral is hardwired into you. It's universal. You desire so much to be good that you can't bring yourself to say something that makes you look bad. If you are looking for proof of God, there it is.
I acknowledge abortions are bad and I'd never say they are good. Unlike you however, I acknowledge we are often forced to choose the lesser of 2 evils.

You keep proving my point. You acknowledge they are bad on one hand and rationalize they are good with the other one.

I can 100%, unequivocally say abortion is bad. It is never good.

Why can't you say you know they are bad but you still support them? Because being moral is hardwired into you. It's universal. You desire so much to be good that you can't bring yourself to say something that makes you look bad. If you are looking for proof of God, there it is.
I acknowledge abortions are bad and I'd never say they are good. Unlike you however, I acknowledge we are often forced to choose the lesser of 2 evils.
That's progress.

But who is it the lesser of two evils for?

It is a valid example that shows abortion is sometimes the lesser of two evils.
Used to rationalize the ending of healthy human lives.

Seems dishonest to me.
I was talking about babies with Achondrogenesis. You changed that to "healthy human lives".

Seems dishonest to me.

It is a valid example that shows abortion is sometimes the lesser of two evils.
Used to rationalize the ending of healthy human lives.

Seems dishonest to me.
I was talking about babies with Achondrogenesis. You changed that to "healthy human lives".

Seems dishonest to me.
No. I highlighted that you were using a miniscule number of unhealthy babies to rationalize the killing of millions of healthy babies. It's that whole defining the rule through exception thingee I was telling you about.

Forum List

Back