🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why doesn’t Black Lives Matter welcome robust debate with people who disagree?

question

when you say black lives matter, do you mean?

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

the answer say a lot and makes a significant difference in how others see it

Which is it?

I don't know what other people mean when they say BLM but what I mean is;

I would appreciate it if the police would actually abide by their SWORN OATH and stop executing blacks in the streets.

DUE PROCESS!

If whites are also being executed in the streets without due process then THAT should stop, too.

the actual statistics do not support the claim that police are executing blacks in the streets. That is a lie.
no but they do support that Blacks are arrested at a much higher rate than whites for the same crimes, and will serve much longer prison sentences than whites for the same crimes.

The prison for profit system in this country is legalized slavery.

This is just stupidity. If blacks were being arrested and sent to prison for long times for profit, wouldn't it stand to reason that someone might figure out that there are more whites out there than blacks, and use them to make profit it well, resulting in more whites in prison? Or do these prisons only make money off black prisoners?

It is easier to imprison blacks than whites. If you get a lot of traffic tickets, you will accrue a lot of fines. If you are a low income workers in an urban neighbourhood, where the local police use black residents as a cash cow, you will accumulate a lot of fines. If you are poor and can't pay your fines, you will be to jail for a period of time, even if you haven't committed a crime. When you go to jail, you will be fired. And after you get out, you have a jail record, making it more difficult to get a job.

So you do something marginally illegal because you're broke out of work and desperate like grab a loaf of bread, and bang, you're now an excon thief. Back to jail for you.

Back in the 70's a hippy friend was falsely arrested at a big time drug bust gone bad. 15 cop cars busted the band when they arrived to set up for a concert in a border town. The out of town promoter was apparently a major drug dealer who was using the concert ticket sales to launder drug money. This really expensive, months in the planning drug bust - 15 cruisers, 30 officers, and 4 dogs, netted them two joints and a half ounce of home grown. Not the TV newsworth law and order bust they had in mind.

At my friend's trial, he testified that the joint in the cigarette pack wasn't his. He is severely asthmatic, and very allergic to smoke of any kind. He had a letter from his allergist confirming this. And since he never buys cigarettes, and none of the guys in his band smoke either, why would he have a cigarette pack. The other guy, whose pockets they also emptied on the hood of the police car not only smoked, he smoke the brand of cigarettes which the joint was found in, and he admitted the joint was his. The cop claimed he saw my friend put the cigarette pack on the car, and the judge saw no reason to disbelieve the 17 year veteran of the force. My friend was convicted.

Everyone involved in this story is white, and my friend was telling the truth. His family spent a lot of money getting that conviction overturned on appeal, so he wouldn't be prevented from travelling, and he wouldn't have to go through life with a record. Poor people don't have those options. They go through life with bullshit records which limit their options.

And when they do get out of jail, there are still outstanding warrants for outstanding parking tickets, which prevent them from getting a license, which in turns may prevent them from getting a job.

Social and economic racial opression is just one big thing. It is thousands of little things that limit choices. Like the mining of poor neighbourhoods for parking violations as a cash cow for police departments. Like inner city schools which have fewer resources and scholarship athletic programs to enable students to get athletic scholarships, like football, basketball, etc. Suburban schools in middle class neighbourhoods have, on average 14 atheltic programs which could lead to scholarships for their students. Find a "minor sport" like fencing or badminton to excel in and get a free ride to college. Mostly minority inner city schools have, on average 9 such programs, and they're the big team sports - baseball, basketball, football, track and field, and other high competition programs, where the competition for scholarships is much greater, further reducing their chances of acceptance.

Laws which limit where blacks can buy property, or lending policies and laws which allow banks and other institutions to discriminate. As a young bank manager looking to refinance my home after my divorce, I found a lot of doors closed to me. One lender said simply, that if I were to default on the loan, there is no way he could foreclose on the loan and turn a woman and her children out onto the street. I looked him in the eye, and said "Why not? I could." There's always an excuse for discrimination. But the effect was the same.

Laws which limit where blacks, or how blacks could buy or hold property. Every decade I have lived through from before you were born has had major race riots, triggered by the deaths of unarmed black people at the hands of police. EVERY. SINGLE ONE.

And here you are Mr. Millenial. Telling us that what me and others have witnessed on TV throughout our entire lives, didn't really happen and if it did, those beatings and killings are just no big deal, and police brutality, which only happens in the USA, isn't really the truth of what's going on.
Yeah!!!...... because no white person has EVER been killed by a cop!!!.... NOT EVEN ONCE!!!!

:rolleyes:

How many whites have been killed while in handcuffs?

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

I would appreciate it if the police would actually abide by their SWORN OATH and stop executing blacks in the streets.

DUE PROCESS!

If whites are also being executed in the streets without due process then THAT should stop, too.

the actual statistics do not support the claim that police are executing blacks in the streets. That is a lie.
no but they do support that Blacks are arrested at a much higher rate than whites for the same crimes, and will serve much longer prison sentences than whites for the same crimes.

This is just stupidity. If blacks were being arrested and sent to prison for long times for profit, wouldn't it stand to reason that someone might figure out that there are more whites out there than blacks, and use them to make profit it well, resulting in more whites in prison? Or do these prisons only make money off black prisoners?

It is easier to imprison blacks than whites. If you get a lot of traffic tickets, you will accrue a lot of fines. If you are a low income workers in an urban neighbourhood, where the local police use black residents as a cash cow, you will accumulate a lot of fines. If you are poor and can't pay your fines, you will be to jail for a period of time, even if you haven't committed a crime. When you go to jail, you will be fired. And after you get out, you have a jail record, making it more difficult to get a job.

So you do something marginally illegal because you're broke out of work and desperate like grab a loaf of bread, and bang, you're now an excon thief. Back to jail for you.

Back in the 70's a hippy friend was falsely arrested at a big time drug bust gone bad. 15 cop cars busted the band when they arrived to set up for a concert in a border town. The out of town promoter was apparently a major drug dealer who was using the concert ticket sales to launder drug money. This really expensive, months in the planning drug bust - 15 cruisers, 30 officers, and 4 dogs, netted them two joints and a half ounce of home grown. Not the TV newsworth law and order bust they had in mind.

At my friend's trial, he testified that the joint in the cigarette pack wasn't his. He is severely asthmatic, and very allergic to smoke of any kind. He had a letter from his allergist confirming this. And since he never buys cigarettes, and none of the guys in his band smoke either, why would he have a cigarette pack. The other guy, whose pockets they also emptied on the hood of the police car not only smoked, he smoke the brand of cigarettes which the joint was found in, and he admitted the joint was his. The cop claimed he saw my friend put the cigarette pack on the car, and the judge saw no reason to disbelieve the 17 year veteran of the force. My friend was convicted.

Everyone involved in this story is white, and my friend was telling the truth. His family spent a lot of money getting that conviction overturned on appeal, so he wouldn't be prevented from travelling, and he wouldn't have to go through life with a record. Poor people don't have those options. They go through life with bullshit records which limit their options.

And when they do get out of jail, there are still outstanding warrants for outstanding parking tickets, which prevent them from getting a license, which in turns may prevent them from getting a job.

Social and economic racial opression is just one big thing. It is thousands of little things that limit choices. Like the mining of poor neighbourhoods for parking violations as a cash cow for police departments. Like inner city schools which have fewer resources and scholarship athletic programs to enable students to get athletic scholarships, like football, basketball, etc. Suburban schools in middle class neighbourhoods have, on average 14 atheltic programs which could lead to scholarships for their students. Find a "minor sport" like fencing or badminton to excel in and get a free ride to college. Mostly minority inner city schools have, on average 9 such programs, and they're the big team sports - baseball, basketball, football, track and field, and other high competition programs, where the competition for scholarships is much greater, further reducing their chances of acceptance.

Laws which limit where blacks can buy property, or lending policies and laws which allow banks and other institutions to discriminate. As a young bank manager looking to refinance my home after my divorce, I found a lot of doors closed to me. One lender said simply, that if I were to default on the loan, there is no way he could foreclose on the loan and turn a woman and her children out onto the street. I looked him in the eye, and said "Why not? I could." There's always an excuse for discrimination. But the effect was the same.

Laws which limit where blacks, or how blacks could buy or hold property. Every decade I have lived through from before you were born has had major race riots, triggered by the deaths of unarmed black people at the hands of police. EVERY. SINGLE ONE.

And here you are Mr. Millenial. Telling us that what me and others have witnessed on TV throughout our entire lives, didn't really happen and if it did, those beatings and killings are just no big deal, and police brutality, which only happens in the USA, isn't really the truth of what's going on.
Yeah!!!...... because no white person has EVER been killed by a cop!!!.... NOT EVEN ONCE!!!!

OH.... I see... now we are only counting when killed while in handcuffs... I must have missed the memo. The rest are not really victims... got it.

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

You're a stupid twat. I mean seriously stupid

"Police brutality only happens in the US" LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

OH.... I see... now we are only counting when killed while in handcuffs... I must have missed the memo. The rest are not really victims... got it.

You don't think getting killed in a shoot out is different from getting killed while in handcuffs?

No one here is saying that people who pull a gun or other weapon on the cops and are justifiably killed by the cops is the issue.

The killing of unarmed people or people who are already in cuffs is the far more egregious offense don't you think?

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

Bad actions have been taken against whites also. A large issue is people in the lower classes having very little recourse to counter bad cops.

Does this affect poor whites also? It does. Are you going to protest and work to change this?

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

Bad actions have been taken against whites also. A large issue is people in the lower classes having very little recourse to counter bad cops.

Does this affect poor whites also? It does. Are you going to protest and work to change this?

"Does this affect poor whites also? It does. Are you going to protest and work to change this?"

yes

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

Tell me why do blacks get arrested up to 11 times more often than whites do for the exact same offense.

There is no denying the disproportionate arrest numbers

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

You don't think getting killed in a shoot out is different from getting killed while in handcuffs?

No one here is saying that people who pull a gun or other weapon on the cops and are justifiably killed by the cops is the issue.

The killing of unarmed people or people who are already in cuffs is the far more egregious offense don't you think?
Yeah cause no unarmed white person has EVER been killed by the police... NOT EVEN ONCE!!!.... RACISM!!!!

:rolleyes-41:

Good Lord... seeing how the media are showing and speaking about Al Sharpton.
SO... Al Sharpton is a moral arbiter now? Is that really where we are? Al Sharpton...speaking about morals.
The left is lost.

I've never had much use for Reverend Al, but he really has become a voice of moral authority. Of course when you look at the voices on the other side. The President's rage tweets, wrong headed comments, and promotion of conspiracy theories and lies, continues unabated. The deafening silence of Republican Senators when asked about his tweet on the 75 year old protestor. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no ill of the President.

The abject failure of leadership by all of the Republican Leaders in Washington could not be starker or more complete. The American people have had enough. All across the board. The threats, and the abuse and the brutality towards peaceful protestors, both by the Administration and the police.

With the American people stuck at home and watching the Presidents daily pressers, they finally decided they've seen and heard enough. That everything the left has been saying about Trump since the women's march the day after his inauguration has come true. And while Trump hasn't succeeded in starting WWIII, as was predicted, he's come very close on more than one occasion. Too close.

But as feared, he' piled massive amounts of unnecessary debt on the nation, and he will leave the nation weaker, sicker poor and less safe than when he was inaugurated. It will take a generation or more to repair the damage he's done, just to the economy.

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

Yeah cause no unarmed white person has EVER been killed by the police... NOT EVEN ONCE!!!.... RACISM!!!!

:rolleyes-41:

so you are saying you have no problem with police just executing people during the arrest?

no trial necessary?

you don't care if they do it to blacks OR whites?

then you are TRULY HUMAN GARBAGE

Good Lord... seeing how the media are showing and speaking about Al Sharpton.
SO... Al Sharpton is a moral arbiter now? Is that really where we are? Al Sharpton...speaking about morals.
The left is lost.

I've never had much use for Reverend Al, but he really has become a voice of moral authority. Of course when you look at the voices on the other side. The President's rage tweets, wrong headed comments, and promotion of conspiracy theories and lies, continues unabated. The deafening silence of Republican Senators when asked about his tweet on the 75 year old protestor. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no ill of the President.

The abject failure of leadership by all of the Republican Leaders in Washington could not be starker or more complete. The American people have had enough. All across the board. The threats, and the abuse and the brutality towards peaceful protestors, both by the Administration and the police.

With the American people stuck at home and watching the Presidents daily pressers, they finally decided they've seen and heard enough. That everything the left has been saying about Trump since the women's march the day after his inauguration has come true. And while Trump hasn't succeeded in starting WWIII, as was predicted, he's come very close on more than one occasion. Too close.

But as feared, he' piled massive amounts of unnecessary debt on the nation, and he will leave the nation weaker, sicker poor and less safe than when he was inaugurated. It will take a generation or more to repair the damage he's done, just to the economy.

I repeat, you are retarded.

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

Tell me why do blacks get arrested up to 11 times more often than whites do for the exact same offense.

Because you cannot use arbitrary general data to make a specific point on a particular data point.
It doesn't work that way.
For instance... the point made all the time... single women don't make as much as single men for the same jobs.
Therefore it must be true. Right?
Well it isn't.
Because as soon as you start clarifying the data to be a better match.... it stops being true.
The fact is never married women actually out earn never married men. That is a fact.

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

My statement does not dispute this.

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

Because you cannot use arbitrary general data to make a specific point on a particular data point.
For instance... the point made all the time... single women don't make as much as single men for the same jobs.
Well it isn't.
Because as soon as you start clarifying the data to be a better match.... it stops being true.
The fact is never married women actually out earn never married men. That is a fact.

You didn't answer my question.

Another black life that didn't matter.... actually was killed by police right before George Floyd.
Except you never heard about it. Even though the shooting was actually live on Facebook!!....what a story!! HOLY COW!!!
But even though it was live on facebook...the video is still there for everyone to see... VERY limited coverage - Why?
Because the officer that shot him while he was laying on the ground face down.... was also black.
No BLM outrage and massive protests... no mass media outrage.... no skinny white kids in mask. No Al Sharpton giving a eulogy.
No one cares. But if the cop would have been white?... oh my... it would be bigger than George Floyd

Dreasjon Reed. Indianapolis, IN

REED-SHOOTING-FOLO-PKG.transfer_frame_556.jpg

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

There is a similar set of stats for pubic school disclipline. Black kids get suspended or expelled far more frequently than white kids who are let off with "warnings", because we don't want to do anything to hinder their chances of getting into a good school. White children are protected from the consequences of their actions, to protect their futures.

Brock Turner didn't get a real sentence for a brutual rape because his whole life shouldn't be judged on 20 minutes, according to the while privilege manual. But an inner city child can be labelled a "trouble maker" and suspended in kindergarten, and that will record and label will follow him all through public school. If the child changes schools, that discipline record will be forwarded to his/her new school.

Should the child, later get in any sort of legal trouble, the pre-sentence report will note any disciplinary actions the youth had noted on his public school record. The harsher discipline meted out to minority children in public school, is the first step in establishing the need to treat minorities more harshly in the court system since, as you can clearly see they've been a discipline problem virtually since the day they started school. Maybe a stint in reform school will straight this young person out.

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

Well it isn't.

I am truly sorry you are unable to understand something more complicated than what you want to hear.
I answered your question completely.

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

Well it isn't.

I am truly sorry you are unable to understand something more complicated than what you want to hear.

Post #246. You didn't answer.

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

Well it isn't.

Post#246 is a mish mosh of 50 posts.... I have no idea what, to me, you are asking. You appear to be asking a question to someone else.

question

ONLY black lives matter

or

Black lives matter TOO

Which is it?

DUE PROCESS!

Well it isn't.

Post#246 is a mish mosh of 50 posts.... I have no idea what, to me, you are asking. You appear to be asking a question to someone else.

It's clear. I replied to you and asked a question. You just don't want to answer.

Forum List

Back