Why Donald Trump’s supporters tolerate his lies

This is our fault for allowing them to get by with it. This comes from the "lesser of two evils" voters, who are the majority of this country. They'll let things slide, then something else. and so forth and so on, until we're down to retards like Trump and Biden.

While I am not following all of this, your comment does spark a thought about how we don't make it easy to be in the public eye.

I have to wonder how many good people DON'T run for office because of all the B.S. we put them through.

This is a pretty spot on article. It does explain why a lot of Trump supporters fell for so many of his lies. And still do.

skipped........

“Among the many reasons that Trump’s supporters excuse his lying is that they, like Trump himself, do not really hold him to the standards that human persons are held to. And that is because many of his supporters, like Trump himself, do not consider him to be a person — he is more like a primal force or superhero, more than a person, but less than a person, too.”

I think he fooled them with his impassioned rhetoric and glib lies.. and they just can't admit they were duped.

While I am not following all of this, your comment does spark a thought about how we don't make it easy to be in the public eye.

I have to wonder how many good people DON'T run for office because of all the B.S. we put them through.

Some of them like Boebert and MTG have to have a sensational or tabloid worthy headline every week rather than just doing the work.

I'm more curious how biden supporters tolerate bidens lies and corruption thats been going on for decades??

Well, because we don't believe things without evidence, and you've never provided a single document or witness which backs up any of your claims.

Republicans keep making shit up that never happened, and then claim that Democrats did it. And FOX and Newsmaxx picks it up, and soon they're all talking about it like it's real.

YOU fall for this bullshit ever single time. You're screaming for Hunter Biden's head and there's no evidence he did ANY of the things you claim. Let's see, he got money from contracts he signed in foreign countries. It must be bribes. That's what you have.

25+ Clinton investigations - no witnesses, no evidence, no crimes. How many times are you going to let Republicans make fools of you like this?????

I think he fooled them with his impassioned rhetoric and glib lies.. and they just can't admit they were duped.
Duped? What? You who believes Trump is a Russian agent, the vax is safe and effective, and Putin started the proxy war. Lol. Really?

This is a pretty spot on article. It does explain why a lot of Trump supporters fell for so many of his lies. And still do.

skipped........

“Among the many reasons that Trump’s supporters excuse his lying is that they, like Trump himself, do not really hold him to the standards that human persons are held to. And that is because many of his supporters, like Trump himself, do not consider him to be a person — he is more like a primal force or superhero, more than a person, but less than a person, too.”
Bullshit article......Desperately trying to compare McCarthy to Trump.

skipped........

Why do Joe Biden Supporters tolerate his lies…. And his Racism?

skipped........

Captimes? Who the hell is that?

And part of the url directs it to the opinion section which means it's all opinion and not factual news reporting.

And when I went to the main page it became obvious it's a left leaning website talking about Jill Biden promoting unions, lgbwhatever people books being discriminatied against, Bernie sanders declaring everyday is labor day and so on.

I say it's a junk site that's all hard left opinions.

Duped? What? You who believes Trump is a Russian agent, the vax is safe and effective, and Putin started the proxy war. Lol. Really?

Trump is too stupid to be a Russian agent and can't keep his mouth shut. The vaccination worked for lots of us. Putin invaded Ukraine.

The.Constant Washington Class are the ones that actually run things.

skipped........

Trump supporters tolerate his lies for the same reason pro wrestlng fans don't care that it's fake. Kayfabe politics. Those episodes where Trump was dabbling in pro wrestling theater weren't just embarrassing oddities in his career. They were a formative influence on his approach to politics. He learned there that people want to believe. Give them a good story that stirs their passions, their fears, their anger - and they'll believe anything you tell them.

Seriously, go watch a pro-wrestling match. But watch the audience. It's creepy as hell, and it's exactly what I see in Trump supporters.

Forum List

Back