Why Don't Atheists Contribute To Society?

When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Christian churches gathered up water and toiletries and other basic human needs and handed out to the storm victims. When Ivan hit, they did the same thing. It has happened over and over whenever their has been a natural disaster. Even individual families who have fell victim to home fires, floods, etc., have been helped by the Church.

Where are the atheists in all this?

I'm an Atheist and I've probably done more to benefit humanity than most on this board. It's not really Atheists that are the problem, it liberals. While people were still trapped in the Superdome, liberals sent a bus into the city to rescue trapped dogs.

wrong2.jpg

An Ayn Rand Atheist. Proof anyone can be an asshole even people who are smart enough to not believe in god(s)

When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Christian churches gathered up water and toiletries and other basic human needs and handed out to the storm victims. When Ivan hit, they did the same thing. It has happened over and over whenever their has been a natural disaster. Even individual families who have fell victim to home fires, floods, etc., have been helped by the Church.

I'm an Atheist and I've probably done more to benefit humanity than most on this board. It's not really Atheists that are the problem, it liberals. While people were still trapped in the Superdome, liberals sent a bus into the city to rescue trapped dogs.

wrong2.jpg

That maybe simply because all those hood rats who were busy shooting at the first responders and looting the flooded stores let their brothers, the Liberals, pass unmolested.

Again. It has never been demonstrated that atheists do just as much as theists.
I agree. But I'd also say that it has never been demonstrated that theists do just as much as atheists. Can you show me any numbers to back up your assertion or are you speaking from faith and not from fact?

psst...bill gates and the two other atheist philanthropists are just a drop in the bucket when it comes to the centuries of giving that Christians have participated in..and still participate in.

Which is why they mention them by name, and then carefully fail to allude to all the things done in the name of Christianity through the millenia...in fact...he completely disregards religious contributions, lol. He doesnt' count them.

Well yeah, if you don't count the things Churches have done, I guess the atheists look like they give more.

Freaking morons.

"In other areas of philanthropy it can be hard to determine if the sources of funding are more secular or religious. For example, how do we tell who is making donations for medical research? I don’t consider it generosity or philanthropy when individuals donate to a church."

Lolol...Atheists are the most generous 8212 even without heavenly reward

Its a lot easier to give when everything you make is tax free. Us atheists need to start a church for the write offs. Why do you think Scientology became a church?
Proves you guys are all wrong when you all spout off that you're smarter than Christians. Follow the money.

In general, atheists show high intelligence, and generally low income and low education poor Americans tend to be more religious.

But it really doesn't matter that some smart people believe. The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalize world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

wrong2.jpg

An Ayn Rand Atheist. Proof anyone can be an asshole even people who are smart enough to not believe in god(s)

Really doesn't occupy my every thought like it does yours.

wrong2.jpg

Just compare how GW Bush responded to the Florida hurricane a year before Katrina compared with how he responded to Katrina, then talk your shit. He had bottled water and ice ready, the national guard, etc.

A year later, for the poor blacks? Hell no. They wanted to drive the poor out and it worked because Louisiana is now a red state with Bobby Jindal.

Same way Snyder won in Michigan. Drove the poor and middle class out of Michigan and Detroit so Detroit is no longer the voting block it once was.

I agree. But I'd also say that it has never been demonstrated that theists do just as much as atheists. Can you show me any numbers to back up your assertion or are you speaking from faith and not from fact?

Go back a page and look. She posted quiet a lengthy post illustrating her proof. I think she's offline at present.

Why would you doubt that? It's pretty well established that Christians are big givers. This is, in part, due to their teachings and in some cases to tithing. Atheist and liberals don't match that level of giving.

You're not an Atheist, you've simply abandoned Christianity for your new religion, Liberalism.

Where is my church and how do I get my tax write offs?

But I agree. You guys always say we don't believe in anything greater than self. I do. My government. My society. We the people. It's not just about me. I'm not a selfish or stupid prick like you.

wrong2.jpg

Just compare how GW Bush responded to the Florida hurricane a year before Katrina compared with how he responded to Katrina, then talk your shit. He had bottled water and ice ready, the national guard, etc.

A year later, for the poor blacks? Hell no. They wanted to drive the poor out and it worked because Louisiana is now a red state with Bobby Jindal.

Same way Snyder won in Michigan. Drove the poor and middle class out of Michigan and Detroit so Detroit is no longer the voting block it once was.

Well, when Cain killed Abel and was thrown out of Eden, he ran off to Detroit and married a black woman and got a union job in an automobile factory putting tires on cars at $24.00 an hour. The auto company finally went bust because of paying the high wages and benefits to the mostly unskilled labor. Now poor Cain don't have a job and his wife is working part-time at MacDonalds. They can't pay their water bill.

Why would you doubt that? It's pretty well established that Christians are big givers. This is, in part, due to their teachings and in some cases to tithing. Atheist and liberals don't match that level of giving.

There you go again trying to talk common sense to an atheists. It can't be done. It's like trying to light a match off a bar of wet soap.

psst...bill gates and the two other atheist philanthropists are just a drop in the bucket when it comes to the centuries of giving that Christians have participated in..and still participate in.

Which is why they mention them by name, and then carefully fail to allude to all the things done in the name of Christianity through the millenia...in fact...he completely disregards religious contributions, lol. He doesnt' count them.

Well yeah, if you don't count the things Churches have done, I guess the atheists look like they give more.

Freaking morons.

"In other areas of philanthropy it can be hard to determine if the sources of funding are more secular or religious. For example, how do we tell who is making donations for medical research? I don’t consider it generosity or philanthropy when individuals donate to a church."

Its a lot easier to give when everything you make is tax free. Us atheists need to start a church for the write offs. Why do you think Scientology became a church?
Proves you guys are all wrong when you all spout off that you're smarter than Christians. Follow the money.

If you look at Forbes richest, you'll see a lot less self made men on that list today then you would have a few decades ago. Today it's men who inherited their wealth or men who don't make anything. They make their money on Wallstreet. Wallstreet doesn't manufacture anything and so they don't produce jobs like people who actually make something. They don't produce a good economy. We need more manufacturing and less investors who make nothing and hire no one.

Freaking morons.

If you look at Forbes richest, you'll see a lot less self made men on that list today then you would have a few decades ago.

Prove it.

Freaking morons.

In general, atheists show high intelligence, and generally low income and low education poor Americans tend to be more religious.

But it really doesn't matter that some smart people believe. The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalize world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

While us Christian Conservatives are both highly conservative and wealthy and control just about everything.

wrong2.jpg

Well, when Cain killed Abel and was thrown out of Eden, he ran off to Detroit and married a black woman and got a union job in an automobile factory putting tires on cars at $24.00 an hour. The auto company finally went bust because of paying the high wages and benefits to the mostly unskilled labor. Now poor Cain don't have a job and his wife is working part-time at MacDonalds. They can't pay their water bill.

GM and Chrysler didn't go bust because they paid too high of wages. Like many other companies they were victims of the Bush recession. When the economy crashed, no one bought a car for about a year.

And I think GM, Chrysler and Ford secretly loved it. They got the unions to take huge concessions.

They played the American workers like fiddles. And you defend it? Are you rich or dumb? Don't you realize unions bring everyone's wages up?

Freaking morons.

If you look at Forbes richest, you'll see a lot less self made men on that list today then you would have a few decades ago. Today it's men who inherited their wealth or men who don't make anything. They make their money on Wallstreet. Wallstreet doesn't manufacture anything and so they don't produce jobs like people who actually make something. They don't produce a good economy. We need more manufacturing and less investors who make nothing and hire no one.

Tell your messiah the DaliBama to cut corporate taxes and relax regulations and grow the economy. He's tried to kill the economy for six years.

Freaking morons.

If you look at Forbes richest, you'll see a lot less self made men on that list today then you would have a few decades ago.

Prove it.

I most certainly will not. I already know righties don't understand this and even if I proved it to you what would that do? You would still say it's their money no matter how they acquired it. But you are wrong. There is a such thing as too rich for democracy and you righties will never understand that.

Just look at how Bush and the GOP ruined the international economy and you blamed everyone but them. You're brainwashed. Not worth my time to prove anything to you. Look it up and prove me wrong.

Freaking morons.

Tell your messiah the DaliBama to cut corporate taxes and relax regulations and grow the economy. He's tried to kill the economy for six years.

That's funny DaliBama

wrong2.jpg

GM and Chrysler didn't go bust because they paid too high of wages. Like many other companies they were victims of the Bush recession. When the economy crashed, no one bought a car for about a year.

And I think GM, Chrysler and Ford secretly loved it. They got the unions to take huge concessions.

They played the American workers like fiddles. And you defend it? Are you rich or dumb? Don't you realize unions bring everyone's wages up?

Unions destroy jobs and the economy and use their members' dues to support the Democrat Party agenda.

Forum List

Back