Why has this message board got so personal to the left?

Now, to answer the question originally posed by the OP:

The right's language has changed from disputing political points, to accusing the left and their leadership of all sorts of insane conspiracies and crimes.

Why wouldn't the left take that personally?

If you want to answer your own question, just go back and take a look at what you've posted in the past couple of years, and consider how you would feel if people were accusing you of equally terrible things.

I suspect you'll find your answer quite quickly.

Here, let me give you an example:

You and I are debating the pros and cons of spending money on rebuilding highways.

At some point, in the middle of our conversation, I accuse you of murdering children.

What would your reaction be to that, do you think?

I think the libs are feeling a little remorse
They got what they wanted

Every post I have posted with factual info within is met with anger in just a few threads

BHO is a failure
the country is in a mess
and they know it

Its not rocket science

I feel sorry for this country
Its future
and those who allowed it to happen who will have to deal with it
hate never fixed anything and the hate for W still drives there entire agenda
Its nuts

we are 4 million jobs short of where we were in 07
the debt has doubled in 4 years
the GDP is going south

And there talking about Amnesty
it is nuts

You make several misconceptions with this thread. First, there is no discernible left posting regularly on this message board, no one seeking radical change to our society, no one advocating violence against the elected order and no one seeks to deny the franchise to vote - at least on the left.

There is a far left in America, but they are and remain a minority of anarchists and single issue hooligans who destroy personal property and operate outside of the established order. Few have committed atrocities as have those on the far right: Eric Rudolph, Scott Roeder, Tim McVeigh who are in league with the SLA and the Weatherman, relics of nearly a half century ago.

No one on this message board who you and others characterize as the left hope to deny rights to other American citizens. In fact we do not advocate banning all guns, that allegation is a construct of the right. It is settled law that sober, sane and honest citizens have the right to own, possess and have in their custody and control a firearm for the protection of their home and business.

Within that framework are other issues which are open to debate and of legitimate concern to the citizens of this country, on both sides of the argument, including: the type of weapon; the size of magazines; the type of ammunition; the ability to conceal; and the rate of fire. Such concerns are the direct result of the misuse of such guns.

As for GWB - boooooooooooooooosh - history will determine his place. IMO he was incompetent and left President Obama a mess. A mess which has been cleaned up during President Obama's term in office in spite of the rights efforts to rewrite history and to lie. As I noted you have done since the first day you began to post.

:cuckoo:A mess cleaned up???? Boy I bet your bathroom looks like something a caveman used back in the day.

Every post I have posted with factual info within is met with anger in just a few threads

BHO is a failure
the country is in a mess
and they know it

Its not rocket science

Its future
Its nuts

the GDP is going south

it is nuts

You make several misconceptions with this thread. First, there is no discernible left posting regularly on this message board, no one seeking radical change to our society, no one advocating violence against the elected order and no one seeks to deny the franchise to vote - at least on the left.

There is a far left in America, but they are and remain a minority of anarchists and single issue hooligans who destroy personal property and operate outside of the established order. Few have committed atrocities as have those on the far right: Eric Rudolph, Scott Roeder, Tim McVeigh who are in league with the SLA and the Weatherman, relics of nearly a half century ago.

No one on this message board who you and others characterize as the left hope to deny rights to other American citizens. In fact we do not advocate banning all guns, that allegation is a construct of the right. It is settled law that sober, sane and honest citizens have the right to own, possess and have in their custody and control a firearm for the protection of their home and business.

Within that framework are other issues which are open to debate and of legitimate concern to the citizens of this country, on both sides of the argument, including: the type of weapon; the size of magazines; the type of ammunition; the ability to conceal; and the rate of fire. Such concerns are the direct result of the misuse of such guns.

As for GWB - boooooooooooooooosh - history will determine his place. IMO he was incompetent and left President Obama a mess. A mess which has been cleaned up during President Obama's term in office in spite of the rights efforts to rewrite history and to lie. As I noted you have done since the first day you began to post.

How nice...so what you're basically saying is that you're OK with someone owning a gun...but only if you get to decide that gun will be a single shot weapon that uses bird shot for ammo? Is that what you call "settled law"?

That is nice..... and I guess you're saying is that you are ok with someone owning any weapon available with any tactical accessory made just because they "want" it? Regardless of what the rest of the society wants?

You don't think there is any middle ground between single shot and full auto?

It isn't the left that's savaging and eating their own for not towing the radical party line.

e.g. Colin Powell.

All of a sudden, he's no Republican or conservative.

WoW!! You people are taking things way personal.

LOL, that's some real bullshit right there! Powell is a racist and votes on skin color just like you and Samuel Jackson. I just hope that you guys keep those racist bastards.

Assumption is easy, you need no proof.

LOL, you got to be kidding me!

BHO is a failure
the country is in a mess
and they know it

Its not rocket science

Its future
Its nuts

the GDP is going south

it is nuts

Have you been living on Mars? The country is finally coming back after W left it in shambles. We are actually adding jobs, instead of losing them each month, as under W. We are out of his "self proclaimed" war and are preparing to leave the second that he left us with. Both of these were never paid for. Immigration is finally under control and a concrete proposal is there. There are more deportations of illegals than under the W administration. Interest rates are at an all time low and housing values are coming back.

And you say the country is in shambles? You should return to the red planet.

Obama came in with a Republican Party unwilling to compromise on any Obama intiative. He has a Congress that will vote against anything that Obama proposes....even if it is something they, themselves proposed in the past

Republicans have taken a position that if they cannot lead the nation.....Nobody will

That is not true.
They compromised on quite a few of things.
The most recent compromise that Repubs did was raising the debt ceiling.

Not only that, Obama didn't need Republicans to compromise on anything when he came into office. Democrats had full control of the government.

No, they did not.

BHO is a failure
the country is in a mess
and they know it

Its not rocket science

Its future
Its nuts

the GDP is going south

it is nuts

Have you been living on Mars? The country is finally coming back after W left it in shambles. We are actually adding jobs, instead of losing them each month, as under W. We are out of his "self proclaimed" war and are preparing to leave the second that he left us with. Both of these were never paid for. Immigration is finally under control and a concrete proposal is there. There are more deportations of illegals than under the W administration. Interest rates are at an all time low and housing values are coming back.

And you say the country is in shambles? You should return to the red planet.

:eusa_drool:Kind of sounds like your living on Jupitor. Hope theres enough room there for your empty head.

The hatred the democrats had for Bush is eclipsed by the hatred republicans have for obama. That, in turn will be eclipsed by the hatred for the next president whoever it is.

Until the bitter end.

It is perfectly reasonable to hate a president who lied us into war and crashed the world economy.

IT IS NOT prefectly reasonable to hate the guy who is fixing it all

That's where we differ. I don't think it's perfectly reasonable to hate anyone. Hate is an emotion. Reason has absolutely nothing to do with it. You're only lying if you say otherwise.

If you relied on reason, you would not misread Mosiah 4.

That is not true.

Not only that, Obama didn't need Republicans to compromise on anything when he came into office. Democrats had full control of the government.

No, they did not.

Yes. They did. They had control of the House, Senate, and Executive Branch. That's all you need to pass bills that can fix the nations problems. Instead, they chose to pass bills that made things worse.

That is not true.

No, they did not.
Democrats had a comfortable majority in the House and a super majority in the Senate for the first two years of his administration.

No, they did not.

Yes. They did. They had control of the House, Senate, and Executive Branch. That's all you need to pass bills that can fix the nations problems. Instead, they chose to pass bills that made things worse.

No, they did not. Who had control of the Senate, all 60 votes, not counting Liebermann?

No, they did not.

There was a little problem with the filibuster which Republicans invoked in record numbers

Now, to answer the question originally posed by the OP:

The right's language has changed from disputing political points, to accusing the left and their leadership of all sorts of insane conspiracies and crimes.

Why wouldn't the left take that personally?

If you want to answer your own question, just go back and take a look at what you've posted in the past couple of years, and consider how you would feel if people were accusing you of equally terrible things.

I suspect you'll find your answer quite quickly.

Prove it.

Here, let me give you an example:

You and I are debating the pros and cons of spending money on rebuilding highways.

At some point, in the middle of our conversation, I accuse you of murdering children.

What would your reaction be to that, do you think?

I usually keep keep pointing out how you make facts up as you go along. Insults only hurt people if they are true.

How nice...so what you're basically saying is that you're OK with someone owning a gun...but only if you get to decide that gun will be a single shot weapon that uses bird shot for ammo? Is that what you call "settled law"?

That is nice..... and I guess you're saying is that you are ok with someone owning any weapon available with any tactical accessory made just because they "want" it? Regardless of what the rest of the society wants?

You don't think there is any middle ground between single shot and full auto?

Not if we accept the Constitution as the law of the land.

[The Left and the Obama Administration try to maintain complete control of the national dialogue. They do it through an interrelationship with the WhiteHouse and the media. The WhiteHouse office of communications meets regularly, at least once weekly, with the George Soros funded media matters website, to disseminate the WhiteHouse's media talking points and other information. Mediamatters then relays this to its media outlets, the NYT, the WaPo, ABC, CBS, CNN, and NBC. But that amounts to only being on a one way street. They also listen, and from time to time, they also dispatch cadres of Obama's flying monkeys if the discourse wanders too far from the WhiteHouse's desired path. You all remember 2008's journolist, don't you, where 400 members of the media voluntarily banded together to protect Barack Obama's media image against all challenges during the campaign? The called themselves "The Unoffical Campaign to Elect Barack Obama" Do you suppose they're resting on their laurels? Barack has not installed his desired Communist Worker's Paradise on the American people yet, so they're definitely not resting. Whenever the conversation drifts too much to the right, expect them to descend like a flock of vultures descending on the site of a fresh kill.]

The Old Propagandameister Joe Goebbels never had it so good.

CIA ADMITS FULL MONITORING OF FACEBOOK, Google, Youtube and other social networks [VIDEO] ? Secrets of the Fed

"CIA ADMITS FULL MONITORING OF FACEBOOK, Google, Youtube and other social networks
Secrets of the Fed ^ | Unknown | Unknown

I. Introduction Social media platforms are changing the way organizations are communicating to the public Conversations are happening all the time and everywhere. There is need for the Communications Group to be timely and proactively aware of the reactions and opinions expressed by the general public as it relates to the Federal Reserve and its actions on a variety of subjects.

II. Social Listening Platforms Social media listening platforms are solutions that gather data from various social media outlets and news sources. They monitor billions of conversations and generate text analytics based on predefined criteria. They can also determine the sentiment of a speaker or writer with respect to some topic or document. The information gathered can guide the organizations public relations group in assessing the effectiveness of communication strategies.

Here are some of the services it can offer: o Track reach and spread of your messages and press releases o Handle crisis situations o Continuously monitor conversations o Identify and reach out to key bloggers and influencers o Spot emerging trends, discussions themes and topics

A. Geographic scope of social media sites The solution must support content coming from different countries and geographical regions. It should also support multiple languages.

B. Content and Data Types The solution must be able to gather data from the primary social media platforms –Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Forums and YouTube. It should also be able to aggregate data from various media outlets such as: CNN, WSJ, Factiva etc.

C. Reports and Metrics The solution must provide real-time monitoring of relevant conversations. It should provide sentiment analysis (positive, negative or neutral) around key conversational topics. It must be able to provide summaries or high level overviews of a specific set of topics. It should have a configurable dashboard that can easily be accessed by internal analysts or management. The dashboard must support customization by user or group access. The solution should provide an alerting mechanism that automatically sends out reports or notifications based a predefined trigger.

D. FRBNY Technology Integration The solution must be able to integrate with existing FRBNY technologies such as: Google Search appliance, Lotus notes suite and web trends.It must have support for single sign on or windows integrated authentication.

E. Cost Structure The solution should offer a flexible pricing structure that can support multiple user licensing. It should also have the option to base pricing on content volume and usage. Supplier acknowledges an understanding of and agrees to comply with the above minimum solutions requirements."

CIA ADMITS FULL MONITORING OF FACEBOOK, Google, Youtube and other social networks

[It took Hitler and the Nazis over eight years to round up Europe's Jews in their effort to exterminate them. Even after that length of time they had not succeeded. With today's information technology, 100 per cent success in less than 30 days]

Last edited:
You must be a racist. Obama is great. The country is doing great. Obama can't fix 232 years of mistakes in 4 years.....
:lol:

The only minority left in this great nation is the white male
either way
I thought BHO was 1/2 white anyway

And yes your spot on
as hard as BHO is trying he cannot change the greatness that once was over night

Please. Not according to "the one drop rule" which was instituted by whites to prevent mulattos from taking advantage of "white privilege".
Learn the difference between "your" and "you're". America is being restored to greatness after it was decimated under Bush/Cheney.

When you can't argue with the message.......

$grammar-nazi.jpg

Forum List

Back