Why I am still a Democrat

Bryan Dean Wright has penned two exceptional articles about his side of the aisle. He is essentially proposing a left-wing version of the Tea Party - which is what I've been saying the left needs to do for about 5 years now. We cannot afford to have any more Nixon's and Clinton's in politics. We need men and women of character who will respect the law and facilitate transparency.

The right started that process with the Tea Party and the results have been encouraging. Around 1,000 seats changed hands from Democrats to Republicans during Barack Obama's terms.

This is a reasonable, rational liberal who I would be happy to reach across the aisle and work with - and what he is proposing here has the potential to rebuild the Democrat Party. I hope the left will listen and act on his advice. The nation will be much stronger for it.

Why I am still a Democrat (even though I can't stand my party right now)

This is the same dreck that puts a smiley face on a history where we denied voting rights to minorities, allowed women to be beaten by their husbands free of charges, and forced gays to stay in the closet, all in the name of "compromise." Yes, being an inclusive democracy and society has growing pains. Doesn't mean the democratic party is to blame. It's called progress, and it ain't easy.
shit man you support muslims who beat the shit out of their wives. you've come a long way.

Last edited:
Look at the platform Bryan Dean Wright is proposing here. It's a platform that I could absolutely get onboard with. I would vote for this platform over Donald Trump any day.

Now that Trump’s officially won the White House here are 10 ways Dems must drain their own swamp
Good for you and him, I'm now a moderate independent who has over the decades learned not to trust either side with as much as hanging toilet paper on a roller.
Trump enlightened me out of the GOP. I am a trump supporter not a GOP one any longer. I can't believe what it is I see.
Okay so you honestly believe he (or anyone else for that matter) can actually "make us great again"?

Read it and weep......

http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf
why don't you want to try?

Bryan Dean Wright has penned two exceptional articles about his side of the aisle. He is essentially proposing a left-wing version of the Tea Party - which is what I've been saying the left needs to do for about 5 years now. We cannot afford to have any more Nixon's and Clinton's in politics. We need men and women of character who will respect the law and facilitate transparency.

The right started that process with the Tea Party and the results have been encouraging. Around 1,000 seats changed hands from Democrats to Republicans during Barack Obama's terms.

This is a reasonable, rational liberal who I would be happy to reach across the aisle and work with - and what he is proposing here has the potential to rebuild the Democrat Party. I hope the left will listen and act on his advice. The nation will be much stronger for it.

Agree completely but have given up years ago on tilting at that windmill...I come here [and a few other boards] and just watch in amazement at how self destructive most of them can be...the female posters on both sides of the political aisle seem to be very disciplined when discussing these things...I am still a registered democrat and would like to see the "old style" liberalism restored to its glory days, but PC culture is so ingrained into the party now that I think it may take letting these folks just completely self destruct and start over from scratch...I don't think they realize what the state of their own politics is and looks like to others, so it's like an invitation for others to come and "shoot fish in a barrel".

Agree completely but have given up years ago on tilting at that windmill...I come here [and a few other boards] and just watch in amazement at how self destructive most of them can be...the female posters on both sides of the political aisle seem to be very disciplined when discussing these things...I am still a registered democrat and would like to see the "old style" liberalism restored to its glory days, but PC culture is so ingrained into the party now that I think it may take letting these folks just completely self destruct and start over from scratch...I don't think they realize what the state of their own politics is and looks like to others, so it's like an invitation for others to come and "shoot fish in a barrel".
A hard stand on most everything most people disagrees with a libturd on, gets one no favors. One needs to compromise to make progress. There is no such word in the current libturd world today.

obummercare was the indicator that there was no room for compromise in their world, ask nancy and harry. now Chuck.

BTW, i spit at them everyday.

Look at the platform Bryan Dean Wright is proposing here. It's a platform that I could absolutely get onboard with. I would vote for this platform over Donald Trump any day.

Now that Trump’s officially won the White House here are 10 ways Dems must drain their own swamp
Good for you and him, I'm now a moderate independent who has over the decades learned not to trust either side with as much as hanging toilet paper on a roller.
Trump enlightened me out of the GOP. I am a trump supporter not a GOP one any longer. I can't believe what it is I see.
Okay so you honestly believe he (or anyone else for that matter) can actually "make us great again"?

Read it and weep......

Too old and too tired to fight a losing battle any longer, the youngsters can take over maybe they'll have better luck than we did.

Read it and weep......

Too old and too tired to fight a losing battle any longer, the youngsters can take over maybe they'll have better luck than we did.
the younger generation are all in their safe spaces. LOL!!! maybe a good place for all libturds.

A hard stand on most everything most people disagrees with a libturd on, gets one no favors. One needs to compromise to make progress. There is no such word in the current libturd world today.

obummercare was the indicator that there was no room for compromise in their world, ask nancy and harry. now Chuck.

BTW, i spit at them everyday.
You're entitled to do things your way, just a bit too much for me though, let them display their hatefulness and petty name calling, just serves to remind me everyday that they are the ones who no longer represent liberal values, not me.

the Rinos are in charge of congress.
Paul Ryan is a true conservative chief. In every manner. Yes - we still have work to do (nothing will ever be perfect, and nothing can be close to it in just a couple of years when you're talking about government). But we have made tremendous strides. We have people like Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Tim Scott and Mike Lee in the Senate. We have people like Paul Ryan, Tim Huelskamp, and Mike Mulvaney in the House. Then we have people like Nikki Haley and Matt Bevin elected as governors.

In addition to that, we have people who left voluntarily and took influential positions to help advance the cause of restoring constitutional government - such as Jim DeMint who took over the Heritage Foundation after Ed Fuelner retired. Meanwhile, RINO's like John Boehner that were run off have gone away.

We've cleaned up our side of the aisle. It's about damn time you do the same on your side of the aisle.
Well, possibly. Ryan is possibly not an ideologue, but Ayn Rand was more a libertarian than a conservative, and conservatism has always been about "helping people," but generally it's founded on a belief that given the means people will act in their own best interests without government mandating behavior.

And, in thinking govt will be less, you're depending on a person who promised no changes to medicare and social security

Read it and weep......

the younger generation are all in their safe spaces. LOL!!! maybe a good place for all libturds.
Libturds? Other than their political paradigms they're no different from the conservitards....... blinded by their own noses........

Read it and weep......

Libturds? Other than their political paradigms they're no different from the conservitards....... blinded by their own noses........
I never said there weren't turds on the right. Lindsay Graham comes to mind. But they aren't in here everyday spewing their turdness. just the lefters are.

Read it and weep......

I never said there weren't turds on the right. Lindsay Graham comes to mind. But they aren't in here everyday spewing their turdness. just the lefters are.
Just like the righties are too........ It takes all kinds...... :eusa_whistle:

I am still a Republican for the same reasons that person is still a Democrat. I refuse to step aside for the pseudocon tard cancer infecting my party and ruining the brand.

I'm a Democrats because I checked a little box on my voter registration form saying so and i'm too lazy to go fill out another one.

In the years since I checked that box, I have not been invited to meetings, i have not been asked to volunteer, I haven't even been solicited for donations. I've found no avenue to communicate with the Democratic party at all. They seem to be a closed group.

Anyway, I don't like the Democrats but the Republicans are HORRENDOUS! (Do you know that they actually nominated Donald Trump for President?!?!?!)

Anyone that that believes that the Republicans stand for anything but the interests of the super-wealthy is a fool.

So I vote Democrat because they at least try to pretend to care about the average working American. Sometimes they actually do things that benefit the average American.

Of course Trump said all sorts of things about what he'd do to help working Americans, but if you believed him...I GOT A BRIDGE IN BROOKLYN TO SELL YA!

Whoa, good for him.

In the meantime, here’s one simple idea: abandon divisive groups like “Gays for Obama” or “Latinos for Obama.” How refreshing it would be for committees to instead be based on our cities, like “Denver for Obama.” We’d all show up as neighbors – black and white, gay and straight.

Beautiful. How traditionally LIBERAL.

That's great to see, but it will be so counter-intuitive to most of them right now that it won't even register. They'll knock it off like flies.

I'd love to see a Right populist vs. Left populist paradigm come out of this. I just don't know if the Democratic party, as currently configured, can do it.
Exceptional post Mac1958. The part you pointed out is exactly the part I pointed out to my family when I read that. The sad part is - the Dumbocrats need and want divisiveness. Their history of failure (Obamacare being a great example) stands on it's own. What will they have left if they don't run on class warfare, etc.?

Whoa, good for him.

In the meantime, here’s one simple idea: abandon divisive groups like “Gays for Obama” or “Latinos for Obama.” How refreshing it would be for committees to instead be based on our cities, like “Denver for Obama.” We’d all show up as neighbors – black and white, gay and straight.

That's great to see, but it will be so counter-intuitive to most of them right now that it won't even register. They'll knock it off like flies.

I'd love to see a Right populist vs. Left populist paradigm come out of this. I just don't know if the Democratic party, as currently configured, can do it.
Exceptional post Mac1958. The part you pointed out is exactly the part I pointed out to my family when I read that. The sad part is - the Dumbocrats need and want divisiveness. Their history of failure (Obamacare being a great example) stands on it's own. What will they have left if they don't run on class warfare, etc.?
Identity Politics have so consumed the more radicalized elements of the party for so long, that it's blinding them to other ways of thinking. That one little notion that I quoted is both powerful and simple, but it's outside their lane. They just don't see it, and nothing will make them see it.

I'm a Left-leaning independent, and this is pretty frustrating for me. I think the party would do fine on the issues if it would just stop with this division crap. I've read a lot of opinion pieces on how to "fix" the party, and NONE of them deals with this. That shows me how blind they are right now.

I read up till page 2 where I ran into these posts from you guys. I probably should have added Mamooth to the quote list, but he/she wouldn't listen anyway-------->

Unless new people get control of the Dem party, it is not going to change because it can not win in that form.

What do I mean/why?

Look at every social program, every one of them. Which one is in the black, and not the red? What about Obamacare, our newest nugget of social justice programs? Nobody will ever say Democrat ideas are not kind, compassionate, or loving.........what people in know say is--------->they are UNSUSTAINABLE!

Once you understand the premise that Democrats can no longer win on ideas for poor people as most taxpayers now understand any new program will be unaffordable, you then realize they have to have division politics to win. Think about what I am saying for a second. Show us a successful Democratic freebie that does NOT need a cash infusion from the taxpayer! With the debt at the levels it is at, to push any program through would be political suicide. It was for most Democrats in purple states over Obamacare, it just wasn't for Obama himself!

So then, to prove the point, what did Hilly run on! FREE COLLEGE! Who was going to pay for that? THE RICH! You see, divisive politics, the poor and middle class against the rich! Divisive doesn't have to mean melanin, it can mean income too, and the Dems sure use that! Also she was all for fixing Obamacare. How? Same way Trump is, nobody knows, lol.....but her ideas were good, and Trumps aren't. OK, but I think hers had to do again, with the rich! Division again! Not the country paying for it together, picking a group, and fleecing them!

In the end, modern Democrats stand for nothing but division. They can NOT pay for anything unless they divide us. What do you think would happen if the Democratic story went like this---------> We have this great idea for a social program, it is wonderful, and most of you will agree. We are going to pay for it by EVERYBODY who works paying an extra 11 dollars a week in taxes-)

What do you think would happen? They would be laughed out of the race, period, and they know it! And so, they have to pick a bogeyman, some group to turn into the devil. The rich! Bankers! Oil Company's! The Fracking industry! Wall Street! And that is the ONLY way Democrats can NOW put forth a platform that they do, because they have to have a way to PAY for it! Hey, lets screw the defense department! Lets take part of their budget! And it goes on, and on!

So, both articles at the start of this thread were promising, they really were; but if there is no more boogeyman politics, then there is nobody to fleece, then their is no more new FREEBIES, so what are the Democrats going to run on? Even the 2012 exit polls showed that the massive majority of he electorate believed Romney was the better choice, but he didn't care about them like Obama did! Well, Obama would have been a cold hearted crank without the freebies he was offering, and he couldn't offer them without promising to take the cash to pay for all of them from some group, the evil RICH!

Finally, if you doubt my assessment, I ask you to think of the 2nd vote getter in the Democratic primary, Senator Bernie Sanders. OK, remember his young crowds? Remember how enthusiastic they were? What was his platform? Should I remind you! GIVE AWAY VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING! And how was he going to pay for it-)

Soooooooo, I want to know what the Democrats are going to run on? What is more, if there is no division politics, how long before...............just because mathematics say it should be without a push..............Black Americans get closer to the norm of 50-50, or even 70-30? Okay, now how are the Democrats going to win?

Today, this very instance, and if you read this board it will dawn on everyone--------> JFK was a Democrat who won on IDEAS! Today, Democrats for the most part do NOT exist....only in name..........because that party is run by far leftists who do not run on ideas that work, they run on promises that can NOT work, but lying to the people is fine, because the ends justify the means.

I contend if JFK was President today, he would throw 1/2 of these far leftists in the hoosgow, and prosecute them for treason! He would absolutely prosecute for treason anyone who demanded an open border.........and yet, Democrats think this is the norm. It is terrible, just terrible, and while I hope somebody does light a fire under the Democrats because I actually think we need them, we also see what happened when a moderate challenged Pelosi. It just isn't going to happen, any time soon, sorry!

Whoa, good for him.

Whoa, good for him.

Identity Politics have so consumed the more radicalized elements of the party for so long, that it's blinding them to other ways of thinking. That one little notion that I quoted is both powerful and simple, but it's outside their lane. They just don't see it, and nothing will make them see it.

I'm a Left-leaning independent, and this is pretty frustrating for me. I think the party would do fine on the issues if it would just stop with this division crap. I've read a lot of opinion pieces on how to "fix" the party, and NONE of them deals with this. That shows me how blind they are right now.

I read up till page 2 where I ran into these posts from you guys. I probably should have added Mamooth to the quote list, but he/she wouldn't listen anyway-------->

Unless new people get control of the Dem party, it is not going to change because it can not win in that form.

What do I mean/why?

Look at every social program, every one of them. Which one is in the black, and not the red? What about Obamacare, our newest nugget of social justice programs? Nobody will ever say Democrat ideas are not kind, compassionate, or loving.........what people in know say is--------->they are UNSUSTAINABLE!

Once you understand the premise that Democrats can no longer win on ideas for poor people as most taxpayers now understand any new program will be unaffordable, you then realize they have to have division politics to win. Think about what I am saying for a second. Show us a successful Democratic freebie that does NOT need a cash infusion from the taxpayer! With the debt at the levels it is at, to push any program through would be political suicide. It was for most Democrats in purple states over Obamacare, it just wasn't for Obama himself!

So then, to prove the point, what did Hilly run on! FREE COLLEGE! Who was going to pay for that? THE RICH! You see, divisive politics, the poor and middle class against the rich! Divisive doesn't have to mean melanin, it can mean income too, and the Dems sure use that! Also she was all for fixing Obamacare. How? Same way Trump is, nobody knows, lol.....but her ideas were good, and Trumps aren't. OK, but I think hers had to do again, with the rich! Division again! Not the country paying for it together, picking a group, and fleecing them!

In the end, modern Democrats stand for nothing but division. They can NOT pay for anything unless they divide us. What do you think would happen if the Democratic story went like this---------> We have this great idea for a social program, it is wonderful, and most of you will agree. We are going to pay for it by EVERYBODY who works paying an extra 11 dollars a week in taxes-)

What do you think would happen? They would be laughed out of the race, period, and they know it! And so, they have to pick a bogeyman, some group to turn into the devil. The rich! Bankers! Oil Company's! The Fracking industry! Wall Street! And that is the ONLY way Democrats can NOW put forth a platform that they do, because they have to have a way to PAY for it! Hey, lets screw the defense department! Lets take part of their budget! And it goes on, and on!

So, both articles at the start of this thread were promising, they really were; but if there is no more boogeyman politics, then there is nobody to fleece, then their is no more new FREEBIES, so what are the Democrats going to run on? Even the 2012 exit polls showed that the massive majority of he electorate believed Romney was the better choice, but he didn't care about them like Obama did! Well, Obama would have been a cold hearted crank without the freebies he was offering, and he couldn't offer them without promising to take the cash to pay for all of them from some group, the evil RICH!

Finally, if you doubt my assessment, I ask you to think of the 2nd vote getter in the Democratic primary, Senator Bernie Sanders. OK, remember his young crowds? Remember how enthusiastic they were? What was his platform? Should I remind you! GIVE AWAY VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING! And how was he going to pay for it-)

Soooooooo, I want to know what the Democrats are going to run on? What is more, if there is no division politics, how long before...............just because mathematics say it should be without a push..............Black Americans get closer to the norm of 50-50, or even 70-30? Okay, now how are the Democrats going to win?

Today, this very instance, and if you read this board it will dawn on everyone--------> JFK was a Democrat who won on IDEAS! Today, Democrats for the most part do NOT exist....only in name..........because that party is run by far leftists who do not run on ideas that work, they run on promises that can NOT work, but lying to the people is fine, because the ends justify the means.

I contend if JFK was President today, he would throw 1/2 of these far leftists in the hoosgow, and prosecute them for treason! He would absolutely prosecute for treason anyone who demanded an open border.........and yet, Democrats think this is the norm. It is terrible, just terrible, and while I hope somebody does light a fire under the Democrats because I actually think we need them, we also see what happened when a moderate challenged Pelosi. It just isn't going to happen, any time soon, sorry!
Well, yes and no.

First of all, I agree, the party has moved significantly to the Left and that makes it a tougher sell. Add to that the fact that the zealots who control the party have made it pretty unattractive, because of their behaviors like PC, Identity Politics and elitism. How they think that constantly insulting people and being annoying is a good political tactic is a mystery.

However, the zealots are right in that demographics are probably working in their favor. It has come to this - they're literally waiting for white people to die, look at guno's posts. Sick. SO, it will now be up to the GOP to appeal to a broader swath of voters - that's on them.

Whoa, good for him.

Whoa, good for him.

What do I mean/why?

Well, yes and no.

First of all, I agree, the party has moved significantly to the Left and that makes it a tougher sell. Add to that the fact that the zealots who control the party have made it pretty unattractive, because of their behaviors like PC, Identity Politics and elitism. How they think that constantly insulting people and being annoying is a good political tactic is a mystery.

However, the zealots are right in that demographics are probably working in their favor. It has come to this - they're literally waiting for white people to die, look at guno's posts. Sick. SO, it will now be up to the GOP to appeal to a broader swath of voters - that's on them.

Yeah Mac, but here in lies the problem with that idea-----------> if the red states don't do sanc cities, the Democrat will win all the time in pop vote, lose everytime in EC. If Trump puts in 2 justices, it is going to be EC for a 15 years minimum, and with closed borders, those here will assimilate. Once assimilated out of the poor culture, they won't vote to give their money away either.

Dems have been trying to create their own tea party for years. I doubt it will start now

And, in thinking govt will be less, you're depending on a person who promised no changes to medicare and social security
Like I said - we've still got work to do. It would be absurd to think that we will reverse 100 years in 5 years.

I am still a Republican for the same reasons that person is still a Democrat. I refuse to step aside for the pseudocon tard cancer infecting my party and ruining the brand.
If you're a Republican - I am literally Jesus Christ himself. Even by RINO standards you are a bat-shit crazy LWNJ...

If you Dumbocrats were "already doing it now" - Bryan Dean Wright wouldn't be proposing it.

You really are a hilariously dimwitted human being. That explains why you instantly fall so hard for every bit of fake news your cult feeds you. You're the poster boy for Dunning-Kruger syndrome, a person who is far too stupid to ever understand how stupid he is.

Wright is a FOX News Democrat, dumbass. He gets paid specifically to make Democrats look bad.

Hence, he does the concern troll thing, where he pretends the Democrats aren't already for a strong economy, strong defense, etc. That is, he lies, which guarantees he'll keep getting a paycheck from FOX.

And you fall for it.

Your entire platform right now is bat-shit crazy.

Which is why the majority of the nation supports it. Even many Republicans. And you're scared that people will start noticing that. Heck, the media might even start talking about it. Wouldn't that be a change?

Total government control.

Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, ...

Laughing at the U.S. Constitution.

Ah, the sweet smell of your projection. When you start caring about the Emoluments Clause, a few people might stop thinking of you as a hypocrite.

Forcing 6 year old girls to shower with strange men who are mentally unstable and sexually deviant.

Wow. Your lurid gay fantasies are getting totally out of control.

But then, you are the predatory old queer who likes to stalk me and other men, and then gets so enraged when he gets rejected.

Forum List

Back