Why I don't believe in God

I said everyone has the capacity to spiritually connect. Whether you use that capacity or not is a different matter.

As for "happiness" I beg to differ, again, on scientific grounds. Studies have consistently shown that people with a robust spiritual faith are less depressed, commit fewer suicides, have less occurrences of alcohol and drug abuse and generally live longer lives.
So now spirituality isn't inherent to humans? Shouldn't we "spiritually connect" naturally? Like sight, you don't have to choose to see, it's something we have naturally.

Yes, it is inherent. Stop trying to distort my words, asswipe.

We do spiritually connect naturally and it is just like sight... close your eyes and refuse to see, dummy! It's real easy to do! Stick your fingers in your ears and refuse to hear! Close your mind and refuse to think! Humans have an AMAZING ability to ignore their capacity.
You can't refuse to be hungry! Refuse to take a dump! Refuse to hear with your fingers in your ears? You hear anyways. Same with sight, close your eyes and you still see shit that is way different than someone who's blind... Sheesh, you never ceased to be wrong. :D

Well of course. I never have said that anything spiritually believed could be proven. If that were possible, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we? The point is, they all believed in something they though was very real and not made up.

PROOF is subjective. Mudder laughs, but that's just a fact. There are people who believe in PROOF that aliens are walking among us... that Elvis is still alive... that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't shoot Kennedy... that we never landed on the moon.... that OJ was innocent... on and on. Proof is merely something you've accepted some kind of evidence to support your belief in.
"I never have said that anything spiritually believed could be proven" - Bossy
Bossy said: "Human spirituality is not simply my belief, it is a well-documented fact of human history. YOU can believe whatever YOU want... spirituality in humans is a fact." and "I have presented indisputable physical evidence to show that humans have always been spiritual".

Bossy, you've managed to confuse yourself... again.:D

You show again that you are apparently ignorant of context. "Spiritually believed" is not "spiritual" in the sentence you quoted. You're dropping "-ly believed" and making a new sentence out of context, then claiming I contradict that.

Follow me slowly. Corky, I'll try not to lose you... Specific beliefs which come through human spirituality cannot be proven or disproved. I've never claimed they could. HOWEVER, human spirituality (the act of humans being spiritually connected) is very much a real thing that cannot be denied and is indisputable throughout human history.
So spirituality is provable but what comes out of it isn't? You're an idiot. Case closed.

No. Spirituality is unquestionable and has always been a fundamental attribute of the species. Various beliefs that come as the result of being spiritual is not verifiable with physical science because they are spiritual beliefs. Whether or not they are "correct" according to science is irrelevant to them being spiritual beliefs.
Well, I guess i can't argue with gibberish. :D

I said everyone has the capacity to spiritually connect. Whether you use that capacity or not is a different matter.

As for "happiness" I beg to differ, again, on scientific grounds. Studies have consistently shown that people with a robust spiritual faith are less depressed, commit fewer suicides, have less occurrences of alcohol and drug abuse and generally live longer lives.
So now spirituality isn't inherent to humans? Shouldn't we "spiritually connect" naturally? Like sight, you don't have to choose to see, it's something we have naturally.

What I would like to know is what is it that we are supposedly spiritually connected TO? With a god, with one another? It all seems rather abstract, IMO.

It's not 'supposedly', we ARE connected to our spirit and our spirit is connected to spiritual nature. Our capacity to spiritually connect is shared by all humans whether we choose to spiritually connect or not, or whether our spiritual beliefs match or not.
You know, just like whether or not we choose to be hungry. :lol:

The finding implies that complicated burial rituals existed in early human societies.
Lake Mungo remains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
First of all, it also implies that they burned the bodies so the animals wouldn't eat them, or because they didn't like the smell or knew that they could get sick...
Secondly, even if that is a ritual, that in no way proves that spirituality is a natural part of man, only that some early humanoids practised it, maybe they were the first ones to do it. Like stone tools, which aren't inherent to humans either.
Thirdly, it's not a scientific link, it's Wiki, and anyone can write anything or change it how they want, including you.

So, I ask yet again, got anything scientific for real?

EXACTLY what I predicted.

"you either attack the source or you cherry pick some detail within to seemingly contradict what I am arguing. "

Only difference is I shouldn't have used "or" because you did BOTH!

I am done with you on this, you believe whatever you wish, you're entitled to your faith.
You have no real proof, either link to a real scientific site or author, or stfu. You're done? I agree.

Okay... So I tell you that I am not going to play your "gimme a link" game... then I give you a link and you play the exact game I predicted you would. Then you have the nerve to ask me for ANOTHER link? No... YOU go find a link to disprove what I've said. Lake Mungo is a very well-documented site of human archaeology. It's the oldest remains of human civilization that I've ever found and it shows clear signs the people of that time had some sort of spiritual belief because they performed ritual ceremony in burial of the dead. If you need to learn more, Google it.
So what? It doesn't show that spirituality is inherent to humans. you still have nothing. You don't want to back up your statements with real stuff? that's ok, I tried already and couldn't find anything to support what you say. You're done for sure.

Yes, it is inherent. Stop trying to distort my words, asswipe.

We do spiritually connect naturally and it is just like sight... close your eyes and refuse to see, dummy! It's real easy to do! Stick your fingers in your ears and refuse to hear! Close your mind and refuse to think! Humans have an AMAZING ability to ignore their capacity.
You can't refuse to be hungry! Refuse to take a dump! Refuse to hear with your fingers in your ears? You hear anyways. Same with sight, close your eyes and you still see shit that is way different than someone who's blind... Sheesh, you never ceased to be wrong. :D

What the fuck are you rambling incoherently about now, Mudd Head?

Do you not understand or comprehend what "inherent" means?

in·her·ent
adjective
  1. existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.
Human spirituality is inherent. THAT DOES NOT MEAN anyone's spiritual connection is mandatory! Jeesh! Please go and educate yourself above a retard level before you try and engage adults in conversation.

the same story of Genesis, just boss'ys rendition ....

Yes, it's funny how all our spiritual beliefs abide the same characteristics of the Everlasting.
you know the difference boss, the Everlasting is not exclusive to humanity but to all freed Spirits.

chose another word than Spiritual for your rendition for "worshiping" boss - it's the least you can do for a subject matter already taken devoid of (your) egregious homilies by its true nature.

Breezy, we've gone over this before. I don't argue that other things aren't spiritually-connected in their own way. I believe that is very much a possibility but I cannot prove it. What I CAN prove is that humans have always been spiritual creatures. Do you disagree or what?

Stop trying to twist the argument around so that you can make some point about your own spiritual viewpoint. It's just plain dumb and I don't need to argue with you about it.

So what? It doesn't show that spirituality is inherent to humans.

Yes, it does. From the oldest civilization to current times, humans have exhibited spiritual connection to something greater than self. You have ZERO examples of any human civilization that ever existed devoid of spiritual beliefs. NONE! NADDA! ZIPOLLA!

Spirituality is an inherent human attribute and has been for thousands of years.

Yes, it does. From the oldest civilization to current times, humans have exhibited spiritual connection to something greater than self. You have ZERO examples of any human civilization that ever existed devoid of spiritual beliefs. NONE! NADDA! ZIPOLLA!

Spirituality is an inherent human attribute and has been for thousands of years.
One pile of bones proves spirituality, ummm...no. You have nothing, we'll leave it at that.

You know, just like whether or not we choose to be hungry.

Hunger is a physical reaction of the stomach not having food to digest. It's not an inherent attribute. You are so far out in left field that you're not even in the ballpark anymore. Grasping at desperation in an attempt to save face is not going to work for you here.

One pile of bones proves spirituality, ummm...no. You have nothing, we'll leave it at that.

Well sorry there aren't actual humans to speak to from 20,000 years ago, dumb shit!

One pile of bones proves spirituality, ummm...no.

It's not the pile of bones, it's what we discover about those bones. The story they tell is one of human spiritual belief. You either accept scientific findings or you ridicule and reject them. I can't make you accept anything, dipshit. Is that what you keep coming here in hopes of??? :dunno:

Well sorry there aren't actual humans to speak to from 20,000 years ago, dumb shit!
Like I said, you have nothing, let's leave it at that.

It's not the pile of bones, it's what we discover about those bones. The story they tell is one of human spiritual belief. You either accept scientific findings or you ridicule and reject them. I can't make you accept anything, dipshit. Is that what you keep coming here in hopes of??? :dunno:
One pile of bones does not prove spirituality. 'Nuff said.

And you have no scientific finding, just a wiki reference. You lose.

Nope... YOU have nothing, we'll leave it at THAT!

Nope. YOUR OPINION does not equal fact. You lose.

Nope... YOU have nothing, we'll leave it at THAT!
I agree, I got nothing from you.

Nope. YOUR OPINION does not equal fact. You lose.
I back my stuff up with a link to scientists. You linked to losers. You make the call.

Forum List

Back