Why I don't believe in God

What compliments? Lol. Oh, I see, IOW, I should agree with you and that is your idea of mutual cooperation? :p Let's see . . . is that going to happen? You must know by now that I'm a very opinionated person!

No Chris... I've already told you I don't care if you agree with me, I am not trying to "convert" you. I have no problem with you saying you don't believe what I've said or don't believe in spirituality. My only problem is the supporting arguments you make for your beliefs. When you claim it is something man invented to explain the unexplained, that's when I have a problem because you've not proven your claim. When you say it is "silly superstition" I take exception because, again, you've not proven it. You're displaying your faith and that's fine but your faith does not become statement of fact.

But I have. All religions started that way, from the ancient Greeks and into the present day. The Mayans, the Incans, the Egyptians all had beliefs based on superstition and the feeling that natural events were due to gods being angry with them.

But Lake Mungo predates organized religion by about 15~20k years or so.

Yeah? So what? What does that prove? They were still people who had a need to explain the world around them and events that they didn't understand. Knowing about your own mortality is not an easy thing to deal with. Of course, people would love to make up and believe in some kind of "afterlife." Some believe in reincarnation.

Are all these beliefs real? Of course not! If you are saying that all belief systems are based upon reality, then you would have to acknowledge that ALL beliefs are real. That's crazy talk, IMO. :D

Some people believe they can talk to their dead ones via a "medium."

Can you prove they can't?

Don't be silly. :lol: Is that something you need proven to you? Are you one of those who believes the dead communicate with us too?

No, I am just asking you a question. Can you not answer it?

Of course I cannot prove a negative. That doesn't mean that those people are dealing in reality though. Lol.

Is that something you need proven to you?

Yes, if it's going to be stated as a fact, I need proof.

Look, if you want to believe in that (which is a con) then you go right ahead. It makes no difference to me, and I don't really feel any need or desire to prove anything. I have my "beliefs" which is that it is bullshit, and you have yours, whatever those might be. :D

What compliments? Lol. Oh, I see, IOW, I should agree with you and that is your idea of mutual cooperation? :p Let's see . . . is that going to happen? You must know by now that I'm a very opinionated person!

No Chris... I've already told you I don't care if you agree with me, I am not trying to "convert" you. I have no problem with you saying you don't believe what I've said or don't believe in spirituality. My only problem is the supporting arguments you make for your beliefs. When you claim it is something man invented to explain the unexplained, that's when I have a problem because you've not proven your claim. When you say it is "silly superstition" I take exception because, again, you've not proven it. You're displaying your faith and that's fine but your faith does not become statement of fact.

But I have. All religions started that way, from the ancient Greeks and into the present day. The Mayans, the Incans, the Egyptians all had beliefs based on superstition and the feeling that natural events were due to gods being angry with them.

Yeah? So what? What does that prove? They were still people who had a need to explain the world around them and events that they didn't understand. Knowing about your own mortality is not an easy thing to deal with. Of course, people would love to make up and believe in some kind of "afterlife." Some believe in reincarnation.

Are all these beliefs real? Of course not! If you are saying that all belief systems are based upon reality, then you would have to acknowledge that ALL beliefs are real. That's crazy talk, IMO. :D

Again, Chris... doesn't matter if the beliefs are "real" they are still spiritual beliefs. Sounds like your problem is a hang up over what "real" means. And you're being contradictory again... how can humans make up something and have it explain anything? Next time a friend or loved one dies, just tell yourself they are living large with the flying spaghetti monster and you should immediately feel 100% better! See if your theory works! I predict it will make no difference because you don't believe in flying spaghetti monster.

Look, if you want to believe in that (which is a con) then you go right ahead. It makes no difference to me, and I don't really feel any need or desire to prove anything. I have my "beliefs" which is that it is bullshit, and you have yours, whatever those might be. :D

Well I have my beliefs too... it's called our FAITH.

But my FAITH does not prove things to be facts.

Again, Chris... doesn't matter if the beliefs are "real" they are still spiritual beliefs. Sounds like your problem is a hang up over what "real" means. And you're being contradictory again... how can humans make up something and have it explain anything? Next time a friend or loved one dies, just tell yourself they are living large with the flying spaghetti monster and you should immediately feel 100% better! See if your theory works! I predict it will make no difference because you don't believe in flying spaghetti monster.

Some people worship the spaghetti monster. Are you dissing their religious beliefs? :eusa_eh:

Meh, I think if someone claims that something exists, the burden lies on them to prove it. The burden is not on me to prove a claim false that I never even made. ;)

And I think I have adequately proved that human spirituality does exist and always has. If you are going to maintain it doesn't exist, you need to prove it. You are free to say you don't think it exists... you think it's bullshit... that's your faith and I can't dispute your belief. Your faith does not ever become proven fact.

Well friend, this thread is about why you do NOT believe, in case you have forgotten where you are. ;)

Some people worship the spaghetti monster. Are you dissing their religious beliefs? :eusa_eh:

That's right little girl, run away from the argument.

Well friend, this thread is about why you do NOT believe, in case you have forgotten where you are. ;)

Yes, you keep reminding me of that whenever you are cornered in your arguments.

I don't feel cornered at all. You have your beliefs. I have my non beliefs. :D The thread is actually supposed to be why we do not believe, but here you are. :D Lost?

At least 4 dead, 14 injured in Maryland crash

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.

God is not about preventing things.
It is all about saving your internal soul and having eternal life, not things here on Earth.

I don't feel cornered at all. You have your beliefs. I have my non beliefs. :D The thread is actually supposed to be why we do not believe, but here you are. :D Lost?

Right Chris, but your beliefs keep being presented as facts. That's what I have trouble with. Can't let you get away with that.

Right Chris, but your beliefs keep being presented as facts. That's what I have trouble with. Can't let you get away with that.

They are just as much factual to me as your beliefs. :dunno: Besides that, I have acknowledged that people have their beliefs. It seems to be you who is having a difficult time coming to terms that there are humans who do not.

They are just as much factual to me as your beliefs. :dunno: Besides that, I have acknowledged that people have their beliefs. It seems to be you who is having a difficult time coming to terms that there are humans who do not.

We all have our beliefs Chris. If someone was here claiming their incarnation of God was a proven fact, I would say the same to them. You are free to say you don't believe in human spirituality, you cannot say "it's made up nonsense to explain the unexplained." One is your belief, the other is something you haven't proved.

the same story of Genesis, just boss'ys rendition ....

Yes, it's funny how all our spiritual beliefs abide the same characteristics of the Everlasting.
you know the difference boss, the Everlasting is not exclusive to humanity but to all freed Spirits.

chose another word than Spiritual for your rendition for "worshiping" boss - it's the least you can do for a subject matter already taken devoid of (your) egregious homilies by its true nature.

Forum List

Back