Why I support reparations — and all conservatives should

You voted for the guy who said he didn't want his kids to grow up in a "racial jungle", right? You don't deserve any reparations.
I voted against the man who was found guilty of racial discrimination.

White woman digs ditches while
DitchDigger.JPG

Black American plays games!
IMG_3615-1024x576.png

If the party of slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow laws, and racism (the DEMOCRAT Party) has to pay them, I'm all in favor of them, too...

Hopefully, you can bankrupt the communists!!!!!

Here we Go again. Its all the democrats fault and not one Republican owned slaves. How ignorant are you.
Then there's the childish communist remark demonstrating what a ignoramus you are.
You are paranoid and mentally challenged.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I know what republicans are, you guys seem unable to understand thats why most of of us support democrats.
Most of you inner-city negative culture blacks support the Democrat Party is because they give the lazy, handouts to buy your votes, whereas the Republican Party expects you to stop expecting handouts and WORK for what you get. There are plenty of successful blacks that worked their way up the work chain, without experiencing racism.

He's just one of many who would disagree with your stance.

The reparations are already being given, in the form of "Affirmative Action." Blacks have the advantage over ALL other races for entry into college.

That really sums up IM2’s motivation for persisting to live in the past

he wants his free shoe shine

The past government handouts whites have been given are why whites have what they do now. I don't live in the past and that retarded claim is made only by white racists.

The past government handouts whites have been given are why whites have what they do now. I don't live in the past and that retarded claim is made only by white racists.
You all were brought over from Africa, given food and lodging, taught a trade... and WE'RE the racists? Buddy, why aren't you back in Africa? YOU'RE WELCOME!

This speaks for itself.

Why I support reparations — and all conservatives should

Like most conservatives, I’ve scoffed at the idea of reparations or a formal apology for slavery. I did not own slaves, so why would I support my government using my tax dollars for reparations or issuing an apology? Further, no one in the United States has been legally enslaved since 1865, so why are Black people today owed anything more than the same freedoms and opportunities that I enjoy?

I remain unconvinced that an apology would have much real value, but the more substantive notion of reparations is worth discussing. In fact, it could be argued that the idea fits within the conservative philosophy. We’ll come back to that. But it is undeniable that White people have disproportionately benefitted from both the labor and the legacy of slavery, and — crucially — will continue to do so for generations to come.

When slavery was abolished after a bloody civil war, African Americans were dispersed into a world that was overtly hostile to them. Reconstruction efforts were bitterly resisted by most Southern Whites, and attempts to educate and employ former slaves happened only in fits and starts. The government even reneged on its “40 acres and a mule” pledge. After slavery, prejudice and indifference continued to fuel social and economic disparity.

The result is unsurprising. As noted by scholars A. Kirsten Mullen and William A. Darity Jr., co-authors of “From Here to Equality: Reparations for Black Americans in the Twenty-First Century,” data from the 2016 Survey of Consumer Finances showed that median Black household net worth averaged $17,600 — a little more than one-tenth of median White net worth. As Mullen and Darity write, “white parents, on average, can provide their children with wealth-related intergenerational advantages to a far greater degree than black parents. When parents offer gifts to help children buy a home, avoid student debt, or start a business, those children are more able to retain and build on their wealth over their own lifetimes.”

Black author and activist Randall Robinson has argued that even laws such as those on affirmative action “will never close the economic gap. This gap is structural. … blacks, even middle-class blacks, have no paper assets to speak of. They may be salaried, but they’re only a few months away from poverty if they should lose those jobs, because … they’ve had nothing to hand down from generation to generation because of the ravages of discrimination and segregation, which were based in law until recently.”

In addition to the discrepancy in inherited wealth, even conservatives should be able to acknowledge that Whites enjoy generational associations in the business world, where who you know often counts more than what you know — a reality based not so much on overt racism as on employment and promotion

I agree, reparations for anyone who was a slave.

The past government handouts whites have been given are why whites have what they do now.
Do you know how many foreigners immigrate to the US and become successful, even billionaires?

what happened in 1870 is history

blacks are missing out on opportunities available today because your mind is anchored in the past

And here comes all the usual white racist ignorance.

What happened in 1787 is history, but it affects us right now.

So take that living in the past line and shove it up your ass.

Last edited:
I agree, reparations for anyone who was a slave.
Actually, if anyone should be happy about slavery IM2 qualifies

without slavery to bring blacks to America he would be a goat herder in Africa living on $50 a year

and if anyone deserved to be pissed about slavery its whites like me who have to put up with whiny black people today

Most of you inner-city negative culture blacks support the Democrat Party is because they give the lazy, handouts to buy your votes, whereas the Republican Party expects you to stop expecting handouts and WORK for what you get. There are plenty of successful blacks that worked their way up the work chain, without experiencing racism.

He's just one of many who would disagree with your stance.

The reparations are already being given, in the form of "Affirmative Action." Blacks have the advantage over ALL other races for entry into college.

He would not disagree. Even in his speech he did not deny racism. Whites have benefitted most from AA, and so everything you say here is incorrect.

without slavery to bring blacks to America he would be a goat herder in Africa living on $50 a year

and if anyone deserved to be pissed about slavery its whites like me who have to put up with whiny black people today
The standard white ignorant statement again. Africa had cities, universities and things like that. So I doubt I would be a goat herder. At the same time, your ancestors were either serfs or debtors. So it's very possible you'd be a sheep herder today.

So I doubt I would be a goat herder.
Sure, your great-great-great-great-granddaddy the king of swassiland would have passed his wealth (and 14 wives) to you

dream on buddy

Without European exploitation, Africa may have been as rich as Europe.

Before Russian Revolution, Russia was one of the poorest Nations. Up to late 1940s, starvation was a reality in some regions. During WWII starvation was universal. Now Russia is a First World nation.

I am grateful to Russia for playing the greatest role of any mortal humans in defeating Nazi Germany and saving Humankind. I am proud of Leon Trotsky and Jewish scientists who helped make Russia a Superpower and a First World Nation.

Hopefully Africa can also become a prosperous Continent. No one in 1930 could imagine that Russia would be a First World nation.

In 1930, USA had 30 million cars. Here. USSR had at most 200,000 cars. USSR was a poor agrarian Nation. Stalin imposed rapid industrialization which enabled Russia to win The War. Now Russia is a First World Nation. China is almost as prosperous. India is rapidly developing.

Africa is rapidly developing. Now, at least 30% of people in Africa have regular access to Internet. Hopefully African Nations will be able to become as prosperous.

Forum List

Back