Why is America so screwed up?

Progressives are bat shit crazy with envy, not everyone is equal nor should they be.
You control freaks need to get over yourselves....

The desire to make everyone equal is morally indefensible and logistically impossible - but it makes a good strawman.

It's also stupid to not understand the problems of an economy that increasingly drives down the wages of hard working families (a.k.a consumers), who, in turn, become increasingly dependent upon credit (debt) to survive.

It's also stupid not to understand that the advocates of free market policies are in fact supporting state protected monopolies and trade laws that favor Chinese over American workers.

While it makes no sense to impose equal outcomes, it certainly makes sense to replace our anti-competitive system of rent seeking monopolies, and it certainly makes sense to have labor and trade laws that make it harder for our noble corporations to get in bed with the labor markets of freedom hating tyrannies. This would raise American wages/benefits and decrease the need for your hysterical bogeymen of imposed equality.

Reaganomics has lead to an unprecedented concentration of wealth and political power on top, while leaving everyone else with credit cards and other fancy debt instruments. By removing tax revenue for things like affordable education (so you can make billionaires wealthier), you are destroying the very upward mobility that separated the USA from the 3rd world. You don't need to engage in massive redistribution. Why not move some of trillions allocated for remaking the greater Middle East to our country?

FYI: The greatest social transfer of wealth in our lifetime happened when Bush/Paulson/Obama bailed out the free market in 2008. If you're going to complain about welfare to the poor, you should turn off talk radio and research the real welfare. Our great free market corporations have turned Washington into a subsidy and bailout machine, as they ship American jobs to Asian tyrannies.

There is no need to impose equality. We just need to end the free ride for the wealthy special interests that own our political system.

Turn off Fox News and take your brain back.
While I agree with much of this post I think you are wrong to say corporate america was bailed out. There were a few at the top but the real bailout was of wall street. Something I've said for many years is that the political left in this country gets mad at wall street and ends up taking it out on main street.

They get a fake SS card and away they go...
Still, there are still credit checks and the like. And how did the repubs refuse to have a good SS card?
So? How do you think?
I don't know what you mean by "good" SS card.
With a computer chip, can't be faked.

Whats the cost of 300 million chip cards?

When were times better? Cause we can pick apart any point in history .

Maybe a quick stint in the 90s wh the tech boom. But really, when was shit better .

Some things are better today and other things are worse. Some things were better years ago and some things were worse back then. It all depends on what you're looking at.

For instance years ago, wives stayed home and raised the children. People didn't have as much money back then because most were one income families, but what they lost in money they gained in family values.

Today, women pop out kids and toss them over to the daycare center on the way to work. Families eat fast food way more often today than years ago and quality family time diminished greatly.

So it all depends on what you're looking at and how you're looking at it.

At least in my father's day and for a little while during my own early years, a handshake meant something. Today, you better have a lawyer draw up any agreement you enter into.
Sounds like my father. He said that when he started in business you worked hard, took care of your people, made a little money and went home. By the 90s it was all about attorneys and bureaucrats. When it came to politics he would listen to the left and shake his head and say "when did we become the enemy?".
He was misinformed, like most good Republicans...Now it's about lobbyists and big money and loopholes. Thanks GOP.

They get a fake SS card and away they go...
Still, there are still credit checks and the like. And how did the repubs refuse to have a good SS card?
So? How do you think?
I don't know what you mean by "good" SS card.
With a computer chip, can't be faked.

Whats the cost of 300 million chip cards?
Nothing in comparison. See credit cards...

Maybe a quick stint in the 90s wh the tech boom. But really, when was shit better .

Some things are better today and other things are worse. Some things were better years ago and some things were worse back then. It all depends on what you're looking at.

For instance years ago, wives stayed home and raised the children. People didn't have as much money back then because most were one income families, but what they lost in money they gained in family values.

Today, women pop out kids and toss them over to the daycare center on the way to work. Families eat fast food way more often today than years ago and quality family time diminished greatly.

At least in my father's day and for a little while during my own early years, a handshake meant something. Today, you better have a lawyer draw up any agreement you enter into.
Sounds like my father. He said that when he started in business you worked hard, took care of your people, made a little money and went home. By the 90s it was all about attorneys and bureaucrats. When it came to politics he would listen to the left and shake his head and say "when did we become the enemy?".
He was misinformed, like most good Republicans...Now it's about lobbyists and big money and loopholes. Thanks GOP.
Maybe at the top. The vast majority of businesses in this country wouldn't know a lobbyist if they stepped on one, have never seen big money, and could never climb high enough to get to a loop hole. It's the same thing I always hear from the left, Google has tons of money so the guy running Joes Muffler Shop must be sitting on a boatload of cash. Hate wall street, hammer main street.

Today requires 2 people working just to get by. No time for kids. Growing trend is young couples not having kids.

Correction: young WORKING couples not having kids. Welfare people have as many as they desire because they don't have to pay for them.

The rubes in this thread are right. All the technology and advancements brought about by liberals have made us fat and weak. We need to elect a republican to punish us like Dubya did.

Technology doesn't make people fat and weak, liberal social programs do. If you elect a Republican, they just may make you get off of your fat ass, off of your Obama Phone, off of SANP's card and make you work for a living. Then you won't be so fat and weak.
States with the Highest Obesity Rates: The State of Obesity

Damn that's a lot of lock-step republican states in the top 10 most obese states in the union

Yes. Both obesity and "conservatism" are symptoms of a sexually repressive society.

Progressives are bat shit crazy with envy, not everyone is equal nor should they be.

The desire to make everyone equal is morally indefensible and logistically impossible - but it makes a good strawman.

It's also stupid to not understand the problems of an economy that increasingly drives down the wages of hard working families (a.k.a consumers), who, in turn, become increasingly dependent upon credit (debt) to survive.

It's also stupid not to understand that the advocates of free market policies are in fact supporting state protected monopolies and trade laws that favor Chinese over American workers.

While it makes no sense to impose equal outcomes, it certainly makes sense to replace our anti-competitive system of rent seeking monopolies, and it certainly makes sense to have labor and trade laws that make it harder for our noble corporations to get in bed with the labor markets of freedom hating tyrannies. This would raise American wages/benefits and decrease the need for your hysterical bogeymen of imposed equality.

Reaganomics has lead to an unprecedented concentration of wealth and political power on top, while leaving everyone else with credit cards and other fancy debt instruments. By removing tax revenue for things like affordable education (so you can make billionaires wealthier), you are destroying the very upward mobility that separated the USA from the 3rd world. You don't need to engage in massive redistribution. Why not move some of trillions allocated for remaking the greater Middle East to our country?

FYI: The greatest social transfer of wealth in our lifetime happened when Bush/Paulson/Obama bailed out the free market in 2008. If you're going to complain about welfare to the poor, you should turn off talk radio and research the real welfare. Our great free market corporations have turned Washington into a subsidy and bailout machine, as they ship American jobs to Asian tyrannies.

There is no need to impose equality. We just need to end the free ride for the wealthy special interests that own our political system.

It is foolish to blame one party or the other. Both are very much responsible. When Americans realize this, we will unite against the political class and the .1% who control them. I am not optimistic.
bs, dupe

Back then women were treated as property . And brown people were being water cannoned in the streets . Plus people lived wh the daily fear of nuke war . Health care was cheaper , but it sucked . They couldn't cure shit and you died .

Eye of the beholder !

No, women were treated with respect. It wasn't that unusual to see a man help a woman off with her coat or men standing up when a woman approached a table at a restaurant to sit down. Believe it or not, we used to hold the doors open for women when they entered a building or a vehicle. If you were sitting on a full bus and a woman entered, men got up to offer her their seat because no other seats were available. Women were treated like women.

When women's lib came along, they started to get offended at the gestures. They no longer wanted the respect. They were equal to men you know. They would remark with comments like "Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I can't open a door. Or, I can take my coat off all by myself."

Maybe at the top. The vast majority of businesses in this country wouldn't know a lobbyist if they stepped on one, have never seen big money, and could never climb high enough to get to a loop hole. It's the same thing I always hear from the left, Google has tons of money so the guy running Joes Muffler Shop must be sitting on a boatload of cash. Hate wall street, hammer main street.
bs. Pubs are blocking Obama's 20% tax on biz with no loopholes NOW.

Back then women were treated as property . And brown people were being water cannoned in the streets . Plus people lived wh the daily fear of nuke war . Health care was cheaper , but it sucked . They couldn't cure shit and you died .

Eye of the beholder !

No, women were treated with respect. It wasn't that unusual to see a man help a woman off with her coat or men standing up when a woman approached a table at a restaurant to sit down. Believe it or not, we used to hold the doors open for women when they entered a building or a vehicle. If you were sitting on a full bus and a woman entered, men got up to offer her their seat because no other seats were available. Women were treated like women.

When women's lib came along, they started to get offended at the gestures. They no longer wanted the respect. They were equal to men you know. They would remark with comments like "Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I can't open a door. Or, I can take my coat off all by myself."
Political correctness has taken the individual out of the individual, it will not be long and we will all be just a number.

Well good for the Republicans.

That would lower taxes on small biz and raise it on firms with lobbyists...duh.

My response is to cut out the corporate income tax altogether and cut taxes on small business. Let's Make America Great Again! How's that go for you?

You have no clue what's best for small biz, socialism is rat poison to small biz.

My response is to cut out the corporate income tax altogether and cut taxes on small business. Let's Make America Great Again! How's that go for you?
Horrible. In the fifties, 35% of taxes were corporate, now 10%, and most of that from small biz. A disgrace. Yes , cut small biz taxes.

You have no clue what's best for small biz, socialism is rat poison to small biz.
Tax cuts for small biz are bad for small biz? Socialism is just fair capitalism. People who don't understand that look like morons...

It is foolish to blame one party or the other. Both are very much responsible. When Americans realize this, we will unite against the political class and the .1% who control them. I am not optimistic.
bs, dupe
You are the poster dupe for division. Why are you so easily duped by the oligarchy?

bs, dupe
You are the post dupe for division. Why are you so easily duped by the oligarchy?
Oligarchs don't want higher taxes on themselves and help for the nonrich...Those are Dems.

Tax cuts for small biz are bad for small biz? Socialism is just fair capitalism. People who don't understand that look like morons...
If you knew anything about small biz you would understand socialism is deadly to small biz, progressives have no understanding of small biz.

Forum List

Back