Why is America so screwed up?

I am willing to psy more for american made products. But those who are stuck in jobs(they aren't really jobs) that pay $12 an hour can't pay for food much less pay more. I would pay $10 for an item made in the us that China sells for $3

Maybe you will and maybe you won't. But even if you did, you are a minority of buyers in this country. Industry caters to the majority.

I agree. $12 an hour means no paycheck. But people stay on those jobs. Why? Those jobs hurt people yet they stay on.
===========
Why do they stay?

Mmmm. wife and kids and rent / mortgage / car payment(s) / eating once in awhile is nice too.

The pressures of life deny people the freedom to go job shopping.

People are under lots of pressure to take any damn job they can get to avoid getting evicted.

Americans are living at almost a starvation level.

Over 80% of people have NO SAVINGS ACCOUNT.

The AVERAGE American has over $10,000 in credit card debt.

Many people pay one credit card with another credit card.

Especially when they are between jobs.

Right wingers always love to say "well if they don't like the job they can find another " which is one of the biggest lies ever told. Right up there with " I promise I won't cum in your mouth, honey ".

Millions of people live in smaller towns where the ONLY jobs are working in a grain elevator, or the local Wal-Mart and there IS no job choice.

There is plenty of choice. My industry needs 46,000 new workers and they can't find them. This is why they are turning to foreigners to do the work; Americans are sitting home on their Obama phone getting fat on SNAP's cards. The others refuse to quit smoking pot so they can pass a drug test at a good company.

With the exception of those who are mentally or physically challenged, the only reason one is not working is because they don't want to work.
You're obsessed with your pothead tenants lol. Sure, all the UE have to do is magically get a semi license. Of course, Pubs refuse helping with ANY training for MILLIONS of good jobs going begging.

OP- 30 years of Reaganism have wrecked the nonrich and the country, but thanks for the stupidest wars ever and the world depression, dupes.

Hopefully those 46000 workers make at least $25 an hour to start. That is decent. Not great but decent.

WTF do you live, New York city?

Unless you have an advanced education or a badly needed skill, nobody is going to pay you $25.00 per hour to start.

After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?:cuckoo:

You are right but you have to admit that even $15 an hour means one lives in their parents basement. And some would criticize them for that but they are nasty bad people.

Bull. I know carpenters that start out at $25 per hour as long as they are union and have post grad training.

I agree. $12 an hour means no paycheck. But people stay on those jobs. Why? Those jobs hurt people yet they stay on.
===========
Why do they stay?

Mmmm. wife and kids and rent / mortgage / car payment(s) / eating once in awhile is nice too.

People are under lots of pressure to take any damn job they can get to avoid getting evicted.

Right wingers always love to say "well if they don't like the job they can find another " which is one of the biggest lies ever told. Right up there with " I promise I won't cum in your mouth, honey ".

Millions of people live in smaller towns where the ONLY jobs are working in a grain elevator, or the local Wal-Mart and there IS no job choice.

There is plenty of choice. My industry needs 46,000 new workers and they can't find them. This is why they are turning to foreigners to do the work; Americans are sitting home on their Obama phone getting fat on SNAP's cards. The others refuse to quit smoking pot so they can pass a drug test at a good company.

With the exception of those who are mentally or physically challenged, the only reason one is not working is because they don't want to work.
You're obsessed with your pothead tenants lol. Sure, all the UE have to do is magically get a semi license. Of course, Pubs refuse helping with ANY training for MILLIONS of good jobs going begging.

OP- 30 years of Reaganism have wrecked the nonrich and the country, but thanks for the stupidest wars ever and the world depression, dupes.

Reagan has been dead for 11 years and left the office of President over 27 years ago. Since that time, we've had 16 years of Democrat leadership in the White House. Why don't you blame one of them? Oh, that's right, because it's never a Democrats fault.

Yup and some of them are now at $35 plus per hour and they should make more if you ask me. Hard working folk should be paid. $35 is decent pay.

===========
Why do they stay?

Reagan has been dead for 11 years and left the office of President over 27 years ago. Since that time, we've had 16 years of Democrat leadership in the White House. Why don't you blame one of them? Oh, that's right, because it's never a Democrats fault.
Pubs have defended to the death the Reaganist tax rates and loopholes and policies that have wrecked the country duh. All they have is tidal waves of bs propaganda and the ignorance of their ignorant racist chumps...

===========
Why do they stay?

Pubs have defended to the death the Reaganist tax rates and loopholes and policies that have wrecked the country duh. All they have is tidal waves of bs propaganda and the ignorance of their ignorant racist chumps...

Defending lower tax rates...gee maybe because it's people's money, and not the government's?

The biggest racists walking the face of the planet right now are lifelong Democrats. Al Sharpton is the poster child of racism being profitable.

Progressives

Most progressives hate free trade and support the unions that built our middle class in the first place. Please learn something.

Decades of unions believing that they could get champaign and caviar for the price of beer an peanuts drove the manufacturing overseas.

nonsense. greed drove manufacturing overseas.
I have to disagree. The reasons manufacturing has left the US are varied and numerous. Onerous govt regulations, automation, foreign competition, proximity to raw materials and foreign market, at times unions pricing themselves out of competition. Manufacturing employment has been steadily declining since 1970.

If those jobs are going to pay lower wages we don't need them to come back. Stay overseas. Cheap greedy pricks.

Bull. I know carpenters that start out at $25 per hour as long as they are union and have post grad training.
===========
Why do they stay?

Maybe because they've done nothing but try and fix your GOP's pander to the rich idiocy?

===========
Why do they stay?

Maybe because they've done nothing but try and fix your GOP's pander to the rich idiocy?

When you figure out both parties pander shamelessly to the rich, you'll be up at least 20 IQ points. That'd get you over 30.

===========
Why do they stay?

Defending lower tax rates...gee maybe because it's people's money, and not the government's?

The biggest racists walking the face of the planet right now are lifelong Democrats. Al Sharpton is the poster child of racism being profitable.
Defending low tax rates on the rich and giant corps, because that's all Dems have been trying to raise duh...Pointing out racism is not racism duh dupe. Believing certain races are inferior and discriminating against them is.

Progressives

Most progressives hate free trade and support the unions that built our middle class in the first place. Please learn something.

Decades of unions believing that they could get champaign and caviar for the price of beer an peanuts drove the manufacturing overseas.

nonsense. greed drove manufacturing overseas.
I have to disagree. The reasons manufacturing has left the US are varied and numerous. Onerous govt regulations, automation, foreign competition, proximity to raw materials and foreign market, at times unions pricing themselves out of competition. Manufacturing employment has been steadily declining since 1970.

Free trade open the door with nixion going to china. The unions built our fucking middle class and it is highly doubtful 90% of the people that got to that level would of been there without the ability to be paid better. You see nothing wrong with serfdom and that is what republicans want.

The reason why are market place can't compete is because we don't enforce anti-trust laws that allow the big corps to buy everything out and close up the market.

===========
Why do they stay?

When you figure out both parties pander shamelessly to the rich, you'll be up at least 20 IQ points. That'd get you over 30.

Democrats invest and work with the business sector to get things done
Republicans suck their dick and hand them the controls.

Big difference.

Defending low tax rates on the rich and giant corps, because that's all Dems have been trying to raise duh...Pointing out racism is not racism duh dupe. Believing certain races are inferior and discriminating against them is.

Yes, and Democrats have certainly believed certain races are inferior and done everything in their power to push them back into slavery. And it's working.

If Dems have been trying to raise taxes, their willingness to do so certainly evaporates when they have the ability to do so.

===========
Why do they stay?

"But but but Dems are just as bad"...try the real world sometime, dupe.

Forum List

Back