Zone1 Why Is American Afraid of Black History?

You are a racist. And you are resonsible to right wrongs. I am a college graduate. I have not fathered a child out of wedlock. I took care of my kids. I have never been in prison, connitted a crime, sold drugs or have been on welfare. But punks like you demand that I take responsibility for what other blacks are doing or have done. Therefore you have the same responsibility to fix what other whites have done. None of these lamebrained sorry ass excuses get any traction here son. Work to end white racism and help fix the damage it has created.
I think everyone should take responsibility for their own lives. It has worked very well for me.

It's hard to get a horse to drink when you can't even lead him to water.

If everyone were like me the world would be a wonderful place.

And when you call me "son" be advised that you're talking to an 83 y/o man who has been around the block more than once.

What Americans did was both legal and considered moral AT THE TIME. The USA was one of the two countries that spent money, blood and effort suppressing the international slave trade.
Only the white West is "guilty" of what the rest of the world still does TO THIS DAY

Recently there has been a trend on college campuses to create courses that discuss the concept of whiteness. Once that began, the usual suspects crawled out from under the rocks and started whining about racism against whites. Never mind that black studies departments exist; the American right must whine. Hence the current right-wing movement to cleanse our history books of everything they believe makes European descendants look bad.

In the 21st century, we must move beyond memes created by mostly far-right loudmouths. These types have some whites believing we all chose to come over here on the Mayflower. Some believe it is unfair how whites get portrayed in modern teachings. Unfair is revising history to leave out the factual record. Teaching our children the mistakes we made should not mean we are teaching them to dislike whites or being white. I and generations of other blacks endured the annual K-12 section of history about black slavery, and it did not make me hate being black. In recent years we have seen a consistent well-funded, politically supported movement by the right-wing to enforce gaslighting as a way of educating today’s students. In this movement, anything that negatively shows whites must be censored.

WHY IS AMERICA AFRAID OF BLACK HISTORY?​

No one should fear a history that asks a country to live up to its highest ideals.
By Lonnie G. Bunch III

One can tell a great deal about a country by what it chooses to remember: by what graces the walls of its museums, by what monuments are venerated, and by what parts of its history are embraced. One can tell even more by what a nation chooses to forget: what memories are erased and what aspects of its past are feared. This unwillingness to understand, accept, and embrace an accurate history, shaped by scholarship, reflects an unease with ambiguity and nuance—and with truth. One frequent casualty of such discomfort is any real appreciation of the importance of African American history and culture for all Americans.

Why should anyone fear a history that asks a country to live up to its highest ideals—to “make good to us the promises in your Constitution,” as Frederick Douglass put it? But too often, we are indeed fearful. State legislatures have passed laws restricting the teaching of critical race theory, preventing educators from discussing a history that “might make our children feel guilty” about the actions and attitudes of their ancestors. Librarians around the nation feel the chilling effects of book bans. Some individuals who seek to occupy the highest office in the land fear the effects of an Advanced Placement class that explores African American history—a history that, as education officials in Florida have maintained, “lacks educational value”; a history that does not deserve to be remembered.

Rather than running from this history, we should find in it sustenance, understanding, and hope. In the end, we can’t escape the past anyway. What Joe Louis said of an opponent applies to the legacy of history: You can run, but you can’t hide.

Black History

Blacks before Obama: A mind is a terrible thing to waste
Blacks after Obama: Math is racist

History lesson over

"What Americans did was both legal and considered moral AT THE TIME. The USA was one of the two countries that spent money, blood and effort suppressing the international slave trade."

Haiti was the first country to end slavery. And they were punished by Europe financially. America didn't suppress squat. Instead of importing slaves, America created one of its own original industries- slave breeding.

Only the white West is "guilty" of what the rest of the world still does TO THIS DAY
Since things went beyond slavery and you know it, why do you idots always stay stuck on slavery? Are you afraid of discussing everything that has happened since?

You can be anybody on the internet. Someone as angry as you is just a miserable creature. I wouldn't put anything past you
Wrong again. I am not the one who has to formulate excuses when I'm shown obvious wrongs. That's what miserable people do, and you are a most miserable indvidual. As for me, I'm quite happy opposing white racism, pointing it out, the blasting your weak opinions with factual evidence. It's funny how right wing whites angry about nothing are calling others mad who actually have a right to be.

Recently there has been a trend on college campuses to create courses that discuss the concept of whiteness. Once that began, the usual suspects crawled out from under the rocks and started whining about racism against whites. Never mind that black studies departments exist; the American right must whine. Hence the current right-wing movement to cleanse our history books of everything they believe makes European descendants look bad.

In the 21st century, we must move beyond memes created by mostly far-right loudmouths. These types have some whites believing we all chose to come over here on the Mayflower. Some believe it is unfair how whites get portrayed in modern teachings. Unfair is revising history to leave out the factual record. Teaching our children the mistakes we made should not mean we are teaching them to dislike whites or being white. I and generations of other blacks endured the annual K-12 section of history about black slavery, and it did not make me hate being black. In recent years we have seen a consistent well-funded, politically supported movement by the right-wing to enforce gaslighting as a way of educating today’s students. In this movement, anything that negatively shows whites must be censored.

WHY IS AMERICA AFRAID OF BLACK HISTORY?​

No one should fear a history that asks a country to live up to its highest ideals.
By Lonnie G. Bunch III

One can tell a great deal about a country by what it chooses to remember: by what graces the walls of its museums, by what monuments are venerated, and by what parts of its history are embraced. One can tell even more by what a nation chooses to forget: what memories are erased and what aspects of its past are feared. This unwillingness to understand, accept, and embrace an accurate history, shaped by scholarship, reflects an unease with ambiguity and nuance—and with truth. One frequent casualty of such discomfort is any real appreciation of the importance of African American history and culture for all Americans.

Why should anyone fear a history that asks a country to live up to its highest ideals—to “make good to us the promises in your Constitution,” as Frederick Douglass put it? But too often, we are indeed fearful. State legislatures have passed laws restricting the teaching of critical race theory, preventing educators from discussing a history that “might make our children feel guilty” about the actions and attitudes of their ancestors. Librarians around the nation feel the chilling effects of book bans. Some individuals who seek to occupy the highest office in the land fear the effects of an Advanced Placement class that explores African American history—a history that, as education officials in Florida have maintained, “lacks educational value”; a history that does not deserve to be remembered.

Rather than running from this history, we should find in it sustenance, understanding, and hope. In the end, we can’t escape the past anyway. What Joe Louis said of an opponent applies to the legacy of history: You can run, but you can’t hide.

Afraid of it or sick of it?

Moral?
I wonder if those Black people thought their enslavement was "moral"
I wonder if female slaves considered being raped "moral"
I wonder if slave mothers considered having their children taken and sold "moral"

Your morals aren't.
Situational ethics aren't ethical.
In those days, the strong killed or enslaved the weak. That was how the world worked.

"What Americans did was both legal and considered moral AT THE TIME. The USA was one of the two countries that spent money, blood and effort suppressing the international slave trade."

Haiti was the first country to end slavery. And they were punished by Europe financially. America didn't suppress squat. Instead of importing slaves, America created one of its own original industries- slave breeding.
All Haiti did was to revolt against the French. They did nothing to end slavery.
The USN cooperated with the RN to suppress the international slave trade for nearly a hundred years.

Afraid of it or sick of it?
I don’t see how schools like Columbia, Berkeley, Harvard, and other liberal places can have classes on how horrible whites used to be to blacks while their OWN students are RIGHT NOW marching around screaming “Death to Jews!” and spitting on Jews, and have so abused Jews that they’re afraid to walk to class - and the administrators are silent.

What hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back