Why is Building the Wall Wrong?

you are too far away from Your mountains; you make no sense.
You must be jealous of white people that they can create great countries, and you short brown people can't create anything but shitholes.
they were already created. it must be your turn or whitey would not get so much of the blame.
They were created by our ancestors. Your ancestors build the shitholes you all want to get away from. Now go suck an enchilada.
story telling. you seem to be good at that.
So why are your relatives trying to come up here? Can't stand the greatness of where they are? :biggrin:
they would be tourists; but the right wing insists on lousy right wing management.

Foreigners are no more a part of the free market than unions are. We have a pretty successful supply and demand process providing somebody doesn't throw a monkey wrench into the system. Cheating the system is hardly free market.

Pretty ironic that you criticize unions, given that the protectionism you're clamoring for is exactly the kind of things unions demand. Hungry people willing to do your job for less IS the free market.
Hungry Americans, not hungry foreigners willing to work for slave wages.

We still have a government shut down...and Trump is claiming it's because of a wall

But I guess the Trumpers don't want to talk about it any more since well...it's not actually a wall but a fence...and it's not actually going to run across the whole southern border...because ya know....like the sane ones of us have been saying...that would be a stupid waste of money that pretty much could never happen anyway

It will be a wall in some places and a fence in others. It depends on the application of the area. Trump isn't an engineer.

Furthermore it's the Democrats stopping Trump from what he would like to spend, so put the blame where it really belongs.
Trump's campaign promise was a big beautiful wall covering the southern border which would stop illegal immigration from the south. Then the big beautiful wall covering the border became a 1000 mile wall. Then the big beautiful wall became a project to replace a 112 miles of reinforced fencing with a 216 mile slatted steel fence, increased electronic motoring, and aerial surveillance. This is beginning to sound a lot like the increased border security under Obama and Bush.

And that's Trump's fault or the Democrats?

Trump asked for 25 billion originally. HIs asking price now is 1/5 of that, and the Democrats are going to fight him tooth and nail for it. So now you blame less quality on Trump instead of them?

What is it with you on the left that never......ever want to assume responsibility for your actions? Now if the Democrats approved 25 billion and Trump didn't deliver, then you'd have a solid argument. But to say Trump failed us when it was actually the Democrats is an out and out lie.
Yes, it is Trump's fault. Don't you remember the Trump campaign rhetoric.

"I am the greatest deal maker this county has every seen."

“MY STYLE of deal-making is quite simple and straightforward. I aim very high, and then I just keep pushing and pushing and pushing to get what I’m after. And I always get what I want."

"When it comes to negotiations, democrats are a push over"

Well it seems the greatest deal maker that ever lived has met his match simply because he does not know how to deal with congress. In order to get any money for his wall he has to offer House democrats concessions on immigration and that's not going to be easy because almost anything he offers will cost far right votes.

House democrats shouldn't cave in. They have the votes and they have the public. Neither the wall nor Trump's government shutdown is popular. Cowing down to the school yard bully would cost them dearly.
Democrats get nothing until Trump gets his wall. No bill passes. Veto everyfuckingthing.

We still have a government shut down...and Trump is claiming it's because of a wall

But I guess the Trumpers don't want to talk about it any more since well...it's not actually a wall but a fence...and it's not actually going to run across the whole southern border...because ya know....like the sane ones of us have been saying...that would be a stupid waste of money that pretty much could never happen anyway

It will be a wall in some places and a fence in others. It depends on the application of the area. Trump isn't an engineer.

Furthermore it's the Democrats stopping Trump from what he would like to spend, so put the blame where it really belongs.
Trump's campaign promise was a big beautiful wall covering the southern border which would stop illegal immigration from the south. Then the big beautiful wall covering the border became a 1000 mile wall. Then the big beautiful wall became a project to replace a 112 miles of reinforced fencing with a 216 mile slatted steel fence, increased electronic motoring, and aerial surveillance. This is beginning to sound a lot like the increased border security under Obama and Bush.

Trump asked for 25 billion originally. HIs asking price now is 1/5 of that, and the Democrats are going to fight him tooth and nail for it. So now you blame less quality on Trump instead of them?

What is it with you on the left that never......ever want to assume responsibility for your actions? Now if the Democrats approved 25 billion and Trump didn't deliver, then you'd have a solid argument. But to say Trump failed us when it was actually the Democrats is an out and out lie.

“MY STYLE of deal-making is quite simple and straightforward. I aim very high, and then I just keep pushing and pushing and pushing to get what I’m after. And I always get what I want."

Well it seems the greatest deal maker that ever lived has met his match simply because he does not know how to deal with congress. In order to get any money for his wall he has to offer House democrats concessions on immigration and that's not going to be easy because almost anything he offers will cost far right votes.

House democrats shouldn't cave in. They have the votes and they have the public. Neither the wall nor Trump's government shutdown is popular. Cowing down to the school yard bully would cost them dearly.
Democrats get nothing until Trump gets his wall. No bill passes. Veto everyfuckingthing.
There is no express wall building power enumerated in our Constitution. We have a general welfare clause not a general warfare clause.

You must be jealous of white people that they can create great countries, and you short brown people can't create anything but shitholes.
they were already created. it must be your turn or whitey would not get so much of the blame.
They were created by our ancestors. Your ancestors build the shitholes you all want to get away from. Now go suck an enchilada.
So why are your relatives trying to come up here? Can't stand the greatness of where they are? :biggrin:
they would be tourists; but the right wing insists on lousy right wing management.
Tourists that wouldn't want to go home to their native paradise. Something like that? :lol:

There is no express wall building power enumerated in our Constitution. We have a general welfare clause not a general warfare clause.
You are a broken record.

Tourists that wouldn't want to go home to their native paradise. Something like that? :lol:
why not? Capitalism works. They could make money here and go home when there is a decent exchange rate. They could "set up shop" back home. With our current, lousy right wing management, they are stuck in the US and merely increase their risk leaving and returning.

You are a broken record.
don't believe in our Constitution?

Heh... cry me a river. Software pays quite well. We don't need the phony protectionism.
I have no idea what phone protectionism is. Controlling immigration is not protectionism.
Protectionism is government policy that seeks to protect the financial well-being of special interest groups by restricting competition. It's usually achieved by imposing tariffs or limiting imports. In this case, the import being limited is cheap labor.

Phony protectionism is imposing these policies when they won't even have the intended effects - or when unintended consequences render them null and void. Liberals don't understand that unrestricted price competition is the foundation of a free market. They think government can overrule it without repercussions. They are wrong. You are wrong.
Wrong. That isn't what protectionism is. It's an economic term the refers to placing tariffs or quotas on foreign produced goods. That's all it refers to. It doesn't refer to immigration policy in any way. It also doesn't refer to internal policies, such as unionism, that protect some groups for workers from competition with other domestic labor.

The term has a negative connotation, so you use it dishonestly to promote your idiotic agenda.

why not? Capitalism works. They could make money here and go home when there is a decent exchange rate. They could "set up shop" back home. With our current, lousy right wing management, they are stuck in the US and merely increase their risk leaving and returning.
The door is currently closed on beaners. At least until we have a fresh batch of new lawns to mow.

The door is currently closed on beaners. At least until we have a fresh batch of new lawns to mow.
you merely have an inferior argument. that is all.

that is just You. why come over here to have a bad attitude. Your mountains still love you.
Don’t quit your English lessons. Now go eat a tamale.
Is Daniel Hispanic?

you merely have an inferior argument. that is all.
Door is still closed on tamale chuggers.

Don’t quit your English lessons. Now go eat a tamale.
Is Daniel Hispanic?
Yes, he admitted to trying to bring up the rest of his family.

Government shouldn't restrict travel. Period.

Of the citizens.

That's the conceit of a most of the new authoritarians. They want to pretend that their laws will only be violating the rights of certain targeted groups (immigrants, terrorists, drug-users, etc...). But it doesn't work that way. Laws effect everyone. When you build walls they are in everyone's way. When you pass police state laws authorizing the government to short-circuit due process, everyone loses the right to due process.
So whose rights do laws against murder and robbery violate?

Government shouldn't restrict travel. Period.

Of the citizens.

That's the conceit of a most of the new authoritarians. They want to pretend that their laws will only be violating the rights of certain targeted groups (immigrants, terrorists, drug-users, etc...). But it doesn't work that way. Laws effect everyone. When you build walls they are in everyone's way. When you pass police state laws authorizing the government to short-circuit due process, everyone loses the right to due process.
So whose rights do laws against murder and robbery violate?
No one's - they defend the rights of the victims. Is this the first time you've considered this sort of thing?

Heh... cry me a river. Software pays quite well. We don't need the phony protectionism.
I have no idea what phone protectionism is. Controlling immigration is not protectionism.
Protectionism is government policy that seeks to protect the financial well-being of special interest groups by restricting competition. It's usually achieved by imposing tariffs or limiting imports. In this case, the import being limited is cheap labor.

Phony protectionism is imposing these policies when they won't even have the intended effects - or when unintended consequences render them null and void. Liberals don't understand that unrestricted price competition is the foundation of a free market. They think government can overrule it without repercussions. They are wrong. You are wrong.
Wrong. That isn't what protectionism is. It's an economic term the refers to placing tariffs or quotas on foreign produced goods. That's all it refers to. It doesn't refer to immigration policy in any way. It also doesn't refer to internal policies, such as unionism, that protect some groups for workers from competition with other domestic labor.

The term has a negative connotation, so you use it dishonestly to promote your idiotic agenda.

Nope. Just pointing out your embarrassing hypocrisy.

Are you people all so young or uneducated that you don't remember divided Berlin? If so, what was wrong with that wall?

A wall, like a gun, is an inanimate object, a tool. Neither are good or bad, it depends on how they're used and both can be used for legitimate protection. If you have a problem with that, well, that's your problem.

Forum List

Back