Why is Building the Wall Wrong?

If undocumented immigrants represented a net positive for the US economy, would the OP have a change of heart?
Would will still be paying taxes to house, fees, clothe and educate them?

Does it matter? I said they represent a net positive.
It matters.
There are Americans who need our help.

And if the undocumented immigrants represent a net positive, how does that stop us from helping citizens?
They are being used for what Americans did before GW.

If undocumented immigrants represented a net positive for the US economy, would the OP have a change of heart?

Tell me prosecuting these criminals is a net positive for my State along with all the things they cost us on. This is just 7 years of stats.
According to DHS status indicators, over 273,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and November 30, 2018, of which over 184,000 were classified as illegal aliens by DHS.

Between June 1, 2011 and November 30, 2018, these 184,000 illegal aliens were charged with more than 288,000 criminal offenses which included arrests for 538 homicide charges; 32,005 assault charges; 5,622 burglary charges; 36,346 drug charges; 392 kidnapping charges; 15,674 theft charges; 23,222 obstructing police charges; 1,634 robbery charges; 3,381 sexual assault charges; 2,124 sexual offense charges; and 2,898 weapon charges. DPS criminal history records reflect those criminal charges have thus far resulted in over 118,000 convictions including 236 homicide convictions; 13,347 assault convictions; 3,111 burglary convictions; 17,618 drug convictions; 169 kidnapping convictions; 6,994 theft convictions; 11,160 obstructing police convictions; 995 robbery convictions; 1,671 sexual assault convictions; 1,134 sexual offense convictions; and 1,259 weapon convictions.

TxDPS - Texas Criminal Alien Arrest Data

There is nothing wrong with a wall in itself. In certain situations a physical barrier is essential to secure an area. In this case though a wall nothing is more than a vanity project for a man consumed only with feeding his massive ego. There is no obligation by our country to fund whatever the president wants, he must sell a project like anyone else. The problem here is that the "master of the deal" did a lousy job selling his pet project.
Unless you’re an electrician, plumber or carpenter who has been mostly unemployed since GW opened the Southern Border.
Of course they know shit when it actually comes to the crafts they have deprived Americans of.
I am a home builder and you do not know what you are talking about. The only people not working right now are those who would rather sit home and complain.
I forgot...
I work with 6 guys who know their stuff and they say most of the actual workers know nothing about what they’re doing.
It takes more than a hammer and nails to put up a roof or install a window.
I live very close to the area hurricane Michael made landfall. We do not have even a quarter of the people needed to rebuild. I look around and do not see this wave of illegal workers allegedly putting us all out of business.
Of course you don’t have enough people.
Because there are never enough qualified people to fill a high demand for building to code.
So get some of those well trained illegals.
I run an aboveboard operation and that is not an option. I would not even know where to start. Perhaps Trump can find some of these job stealers to build his wall for less.

Tell me prosecuting these criminals is a net positive for my State along with all the things they cost us on. This is just 7 years of stats.
According to DHS status indicators, over 273,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and November 30, 2018, of which over 184,000 were classified as illegal aliens by DHS.

Between June 1, 2011 and November 30, 2018, these 184,000 illegal aliens were charged with more than 288,000 criminal offenses which included arrests for 538 homicide charges; 32,005 assault charges; 5,622 burglary charges; 36,346 drug charges; 392 kidnapping charges; 15,674 theft charges; 23,222 obstructing police charges; 1,634 robbery charges; 3,381 sexual assault charges; 2,124 sexual offense charges; and 2,898 weapon charges. DPS criminal history records reflect those criminal charges have thus far resulted in over 118,000 convictions including 236 homicide convictions; 13,347 assault convictions; 3,111 burglary convictions; 17,618 drug convictions; 169 kidnapping convictions; 6,994 theft convictions; 11,160 obstructing police convictions; 995 robbery convictions; 1,671 sexual assault convictions; 1,134 sexual offense convictions; and 1,259 weapon convictions.

Ooooh. That looks legit!

We spend 18.5 billion a year for illegals health care.
The cost of illegal narcotics such as meth coke and herion and fentanyl is 192 billion a year.

Add in other cost and lost productivity and jobs to Americans and yoir talking a easy 300 to 350 billion a year..

Then you have the crime generated by illegals drug dealers and death by overdose.
I want one democrat here to honestly tell me it not worth reducing these costs.

Now I know full well that the above issues can not be stopped completely but if a wall reduced this all by say 10 percent to 20 percent your talking about a savings of 40 to 80 billion a year.

No look at that over 10 to 20 years 1.6 trillion or more in 20 years.
And your aginst that . your saying were all for illegals crime drug use supporting gangs.

Where is your "credible" proof? Links?

Taking jobs from Americans and collecting welfare.
They're taking jobs Americans don't want, you fucking racist.
Americans don't want them at the wage that Mexicans are willing to accept.

More so, if we can build robots to explore the outer solar system, brake into orbit, land and drive around another planet testing soil and atmosphere, we can certainly design machines to replace Mexicans to pick oranges and tomatoes.

Unless you’re an electrician, plumber or carpenter who has been mostly unemployed since GW opened the Southern Border.
Of course they know shit when it actually comes to the crafts they have deprived Americans of.
I am a home builder and you do not know what you are talking about. The only people not working right now are those who would rather sit home and complain.
I forgot...
I work with 6 guys who know their stuff and they say most of the actual workers know nothing about what they’re doing.
I live very close to the area hurricane Michael made landfall. We do not have even a quarter of the people needed to rebuild. I look around and do not see this wave of illegal workers allegedly putting us all out of business.
Because there are never enough qualified people to fill a high demand for building to code.
I run an aboveboard operation and that is not an option. I would not even know where to start. Perhaps Trump can find some of these job stealers to build his wall for less.
I wish everybody shared your business ethic.

Would will still be paying taxes to house, fees, clothe and educate them?

Does it matter? I said they represent a net positive.
It matters.
There are Americans who need our help.

And if the undocumented immigrants represent a net positive, how does that stop us from helping citizens?
They are being used for what Americans did before GW.

There were Americans before George Washington? What exactly were they doing?

Ooooh. That looks legit!

If you took Texas and put it in the middle east (which it basically resembles with it’s pollution, miles of nothingness, terrible politics, religion based policies etc…), Trump ass kissers would ban immigration from there.

Having a wall around Nancy's house will keep the illegal aliens out when they could be sleeping in those nice rooms and eating out of her fridge and sitting on her couch all day watching TV. Not fair to illegal aliens! Why should they have to poop on the street when they could be using the multiple toilets in Nancy's house? It's just inhumane that she has a wall around her house.

http://dcwhispers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/aaa225.jpg

I forgot...
Business ethics has little to do with it, the paperwork I have to file and the steep penalties involved makes me wonder how anyone gets away with employing illegals. It is revealing that discussions on the wall always devolve into problems a wall would do nothing about.

I forgot...
Business ethics has little to do with it, the paperwork I have to file and the steep penalties involved makes me wonder how anyone gets away with employing illegals. It is revealing that discussions on the wall always devolve into problems a wall would do nothing about.
In NY and Florida you can get away with anything.

Correct, this is a barrier free country, and that's why we have over 20 million illegals here. If you don't think 20 million people here illegally is an issue, over 70,000 Americans dying from overdoses every year is an issue, Americans losing work and working for lower pay because of foreigners is an issue, Americans getting murdered by these foreigners is an issue, then what is an issue to you?

I don't like that we spend 70 billion a year on food stamps either; especially when I see the kind of people using them at my grocery store, but hey......... we keep spending it anyway.

A wall that we originally wanted is less than half of that, and it's one time only, not an annual thing.
The majority of those 20 million came in to the country legally, then wound up not reporting to the INS when their visas ran out. They take jobs Americans don't want. And you have a bigger chance getting murdered by the alt right, than you do someone whose in the country illegally.

This is a non-issue. Only 10% of the most whacked out part of our population wants this wall.

Liar%20too-S.jpg

Walls like fences are only effective if you have guards nearby. Stores in small border towns stock whatever you need to make it across the border.

If they can afford all that, they probably ain't looking to escape Mexico for a better life, or can afford to apply for immigration legally. Meantime the wall will have increased electronic surveillance so patrols know where to go.

A handful of tools costing under a grand will defeat most any wall. On a good day, the police here can answer a call within twenty minutes. Along all those miles of border, that's all the coyotes need to get their human cargo beyond the wall.

So you never dug dirt?

You stupid fuck, go pick up a shovel and start digging.. let's see how far you get.

I grew up in the construction business. I've spent as much time with shovels as you have with keyboards. You just aren't making any sense with your cryptic posts.
Most people that cross illegally for the first time hire someone to help, usually a coyote. Border towns are filled with them. What equipment is needed they will have it.
Most people that cross illegally for the first time hire someone to help, usually a coyote. Border towns are filled with them. What equipment is needed they will have it.

Walls like fences are only effective if you have guards nearby. Stores in small border towns stock whatever you need to make it across the border.

If they can afford all that, they probably ain't looking to escape Mexico for a better life, or can afford to apply for immigration legally. Meantime the wall will have increased electronic surveillance so patrols know where to go.

A handful of tools costing under a grand will defeat most any wall. On a good day, the police here can answer a call within twenty minutes. Along all those miles of border, that's all the coyotes need to get their human cargo beyond the wall.

So you never dug dirt?

You stupid fuck, go pick up a shovel and start digging.. let's see how far you get.

I grew up in the construction business. I've spent as much time with shovels as you have with keyboards. You just aren't making any sense with your cryptic posts.
If you have any understanding of the construction business you probably understand congress's problem with the Trump the wall. Suppose you went to the bank and asked for 5 billion dollars to start building a wall somewhere along the US border with the location not yet determined, the type of wall undetermined, time frame to complete the wall undetermined, environmental impact undetermined, the total cost of the wall undetermined, additional personnel to support the wall undetermined undetermined, and the plan for boarder security where there is no wall undetermined. Obliviously, you would have no chance of getting funding. However, this being goverment the president believes he can get his big beautiful wall by just asking for a slush fund for a wall and border security.

If Trump actually presented congress with a real plan for better border security covering the barrier to used on all 2000 miles of border, the total estimated cost and completion time, then congress could actually evaluate the request. The total lack of details means any decision will not be based on quality of the plan but on party ideology. So congress and the nation would be stuck with whatever Trump decides. That's absolutely unacceptable.
Total bullshit. You obviously don't know how government operates if you think it has to borrow money from a bank for an infrastructure project. The government can simply write checks when the bill comes due. And you don't seriously believe they had all that in place when they built the interstate system, do you?

Taking jobs from Americans and collecting welfare.
They're taking jobs Americans don't want, you fucking racist.
Americans don't want them at the wage that Mexicans are willing to accept.

More so, if we can build robots to explore the outer solar system, brake into orbit, land and drive around another planet testing soil and atmosphere, we can certainly design machines to replace Mexicans to pick oranges and tomatoes.
They already have.

Correct, this is a barrier free country, and that's why we have over 20 million illegals here. If you don't think 20 million people here illegally is an issue, over 70,000 Americans dying from overdoses every year is an issue, Americans losing work and working for lower pay because of foreigners is an issue, Americans getting murdered by these foreigners is an issue, then what is an issue to you?

I don't like that we spend 70 billion a year on food stamps either; especially when I see the kind of people using them at my grocery store, but hey......... we keep spending it anyway.

A wall that we originally wanted is less than half of that, and it's one time only, not an annual thing.
The majority of those 20 million came in to the country legally, then wound up not reporting to the INS when their visas ran out. They take jobs Americans don't want. And you have a bigger chance getting murdered by the alt right, than you do someone whose in the country illegally.

This is a non-issue. Only 10% of the most whacked out part of our population wants this wall.
I agree, however the number of undocumented immigrants is likely closer to 8 to 10 million. Since they are undocumented, there is no way to get an accurate count.
Pew Research, a nonpartisan American fact base and research group does the best job estimating. They report the population is about 10 million. They don't take any policy position or endorse any candidates. They simply do research.
Pew Research Center - Wikipedia

We spend 18.5 billion a year for illegals health care.
The cost of illegal narcotics such as meth coke and herion and fentanyl is 192 billion a year.

Add in other cost and lost productivity and jobs to Americans and yoir talking a easy 300 to 350 billion a year..

Then you have the crime generated by illegals drug dealers and death by overdose.
I want one democrat here to honestly tell me it not worth reducing these costs.

Now I know full well that the above issues can not be stopped completely but if a wall reduced this all by say 10 percent to 20 percent your talking about a savings of 40 to 80 billion a year.

No look at that over 10 to 20 years 1.6 trillion or more in 20 years.
And your aginst that . your saying were all for illegals crime drug use supporting gangs.

What makes you think Trump's border wall, an example of Medieval technology, will stop any of that?

Trump thinks so. He says it all the time. But you are brighter than Trump.

Our 21st century border patrol says they are 95% effective, they are the experts I count on. FOOL.

You will accept the decision of the Border Patrol regarding the need for a wall?

They already been very insistent that they want it. Of course you'll deny that, it doesn't fit your propaganda.

Forum List

Back