Why is GOP panicking over november election losses?

The republicans lost because their only constituancy left is old angy white men and the religous right. Both are declining as a percent of the electorate. However, I am pleased to see that most of them blame the voters and media, and not themselves. It makes is SO easy!

Even the GOP experts that are paid to analyze elections say the GOP lost for a variety of reasons and Ill list some.

The primary that went on forever and had mostly circus performers.
Candidates that couldnt win if they ran alone, McDonnel and Akins for two.
The far right teaparty "scaring" many voters that were inclined to vote republican.
Blaming Public Workers State and govt workers along with attacking Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid while SCREAMING no new taxs and giving most of the country the impression they are just of the rich and for the rich.
The reporting that the 10 largest american corporations paid ZERO taxs in 2011, for example ge paid zero on 15 billion profits.
Romny refusing to release his tax statements because he couldnt, he released the one that he paid the most taxs on 13.6% thats less than middle income middleclass pay.
Being forced to take Paul Ryan as a running mate was the last nail in romenys coffin. Ryan was NOT liked by most of america and very much distrusted. Ryan not only couldnt deliever his home state of Wis he lost the town where he and his family calls home

Thats just a few and I didnt make any of them up, that comes from Republican pundits and bloggers and supposed experts and facts
Seems the few diehard conservatives on forums are more in denial why the gop lost than the Gop itself.

He won by less than 4% because he was the "cool black guy".

Nothing more.

Keep telling yourself that. And keep right on espousing current, Republican ideology. And keep right on losing elections.

What specific Republican ideology do you find the most damaging to their brand ?

Putting the interests of the wealthy above the interests of working people.

Kow-towing to religous fanatics on social issues.

I disagree. Obama won because current, Republican ideology is not acceptable to the majority of voters. The Republicans don't need new candidates - they need new IDEAS and new approaches to social issues.

He won by less than 4% because he was the "cool black guy".

Nothing more.

Last time I was around a group of white guys at least 8% were not going to vote for a blackish man much less let their daughters date one.

Republicans are just at cross purposes. Example - Obama's deficit sucks! We love Reagan's deficit spending, and Bush's and Bush's. That kind of both sides o your mouth talk just makes folks tune out.

Negros and hispos don't want to work. Their goal is to go on welfare and live off the white man.

And the right wingers were surprised to lose.

This doesn't represent all of the GOP, of course, but it provides a nice, big, fat, easy target at which the Dems can point. Even worse for the GOP, people like this are so wrapped up in their little world that they have absolutely no understanding of how much damage they cause their party. Even when people in their own party point it out.

The board notes you engaged in your usual namecalling and never addressed the issue i raised.. It's a fact that negros and hispos do use welfare at a much higher rate than whites and asians do. Welfare will destroy america like it already has CA.

Well I would say they are over reacting a bit, but not much. Fact is Obama should have been easy to beat. His record sucked. The Fact he not only won, but won easily is bound to make his opponents worried.

obama only won by 3%.....that's hardly "easily won" by any stretch of the imagination.

[

I disagree. Obama won because current, Republican ideology is not acceptable to the majority of voters.

That's silly. Romney had the lead a weak before the election and then chris chistie went on TV and lied that obama was doing a super job in handling sandy.

Negros and hispos don't want to work. Their goal is to go on welfare and live off the white man.

And the right wingers were surprised to lose.

This doesn't represent all of the GOP, of course, but it provides a nice, big, fat, easy target at which the Dems can point. Even worse for the GOP, people like this are so wrapped up in their little world that they have absolutely no understanding of how much damage they cause their party. Even when people in their own party point it out.

The board notes you engaged in your usual namecalling and never addressed the issue i raised.. It's a fact that negros and hispos do use welfare at a much higher rate than whites and asians do. Welfare will destroy america like it already has CA.

Whites have four times the numbers of blacks and Hispanics on welfare.

Whites are destroying America.

Romney was a very weak candidate but still just barely lost the prez election and the repubs lost 2 senate seats and 8 house seats. In 2004 when bush won his second term over kerry, the dems lost 4 senate seats and 3 house seats.

Only reason repubs lost anything is because fatboy Chris Christie betrayed his own party and helped obozo. The GOP message of small govt and rule of law is still sound and they need to stop this nonsense about becoming dem-lite and giving more welfare and affirmative action to the negros and hispos.

Because they foresee 2016 as being a repeat of 2012 when it comes to nominating another "very week candidate"?

Immie

Keep telling yourself that. And keep right on espousing current, Republican ideology. And keep right on losing elections.

What specific Republican ideology do you find the most damaging to their brand ?

Both of which are relatively recent aberrations, having little or nothing to do with the tenets of the GOP less than a generation ago.

No one’s suggesting republicans ‘become democrats,’ rather, simply reject the bane of social conservatism and fiscal extremism and return to the original principles of the Party.

Romney was a very weak candidate but still just barely lost the prez election and the repubs lost 2 senate seats and 8 house seats. In 2004 when bush won his second term over kerry, the dems lost 4 senate seats and 3 house seats.

Only reason repubs lost anything is because fatboy Chris Christie betrayed his own party and helped obozo. The GOP message of small govt and rule of law is still sound and they need to stop this nonsense about becoming dem-lite and giving more welfare and affirmative action to the negros and hispos.

Nonsense.

That’s a lame and failed excuse.

The GOP experienced a collective loss in 2012, not caused by a single person or thing.

The cause of the loss was the cumulative effect of teleprompters and birth certificates rather than jobs and the economy, bashing gays and anchor babies rather than sound, responsible public policy and governance, and legitimate rape and hostility toward privacy rights rather than respect for women and their right to make decisions concerning personal issues.

obama won because the media has been in his corner from the beginning. most american voters are not involved enoough to know what is really going on, so they rely on the biased media and hollyloonies to tell them how to vote.

If we had an unbiased media obama would still be a do-nothing senator from Ill.

LOL The "liberal media"..... such a tired old line.

Stop making excuses.

Obama won because flip-flop Romney was the best candidate the Republican party could put forward and he turned out to be an awful candidate. And that's aside from the fact that Obama has a following carrying over from his first term.

I disagree. Obama won because current, Republican ideology is not acceptable to the majority of voters. The Republicans don't need new candidates - they need new IDEAS and new approaches to social issues. So much of the Republican presentation these days is just mean spirited diatribe, favorable only to a very small, wealthy, white portion of our society. As long as they keep that up, no sensible electorate is going to give them the time of day.

I don't dispute what you are saying in any way. But as blind as the Republican party can be to social issues, they still managed to garner 47% of the vote. Regardless of their mean spirited diatribe. I shake my head in wild wonder about that.

If the Republican candidate had been more personable, stood firm in their convictions and hadn't made so many public gaffes.... the election would have been much closer or very well could have ended with the Repubs winning. Obama did win all the swing states but he won each state by around 100,000 votes or less in each one.

LOL The "liberal media"..... such a tired old line.

Stop making excuses.

Obama won because flip-flop Romney was the best candidate the Republican party could put forward and he turned out to be an awful candidate. And that's aside from the fact that Obama has a following carrying over from his first term.

I disagree. Obama won because current, Republican ideology is not acceptable to the majority of voters. The Republicans don't need new candidates - they need new IDEAS and new approaches to social issues. So much of the Republican presentation these days is just mean spirited diatribe, favorable only to a very small, wealthy, white portion of our society. As long as they keep that up, no sensible electorate is going to give them the time of day.

I don't dispute what you are saying in any way. But as blind as the Republican party can be to social issues, they still managed to garner 47% of the vote. Regardless of their mean spirited diatribe. I shake my head in wild wonder about that.

If the Republican candidate had been more personable, stood firm in their convictions and hadn't made so many public gaffes.... the election would have been much closer or very well could have ended with the Repubs winning. Obama did win all the swing states but he won each state by around 100,000 votes or less in each one.
Willard is haunted by the figure, 47%.

[

I disagree. Obama won because current, Republican ideology is not acceptable to the majority of voters.

That's silly. Romney had the lead a weak before the election and then chris chistie went on TV and lied that obama was doing a super job in handling sandy.

Romney had the lead in polls that weren't really credible. Rasmussen is a liar. Gallup had an ongoing dispute with the Justice Department (they recently settled for millions of dollars for improprieties).

It wasn't that Chris Christie said nice things, it was that Sandy undermined Romney's whole argument about smaller government and we need less cops and firemen and they make too much money. And it's not like any of the states affected by Sandy were ever really in play for Romney.

A weak candidate when he was the best that the GOP had to offer? :lmao:

Also, Obama nearly outnumbered him by 2:1 with electoral votes.

The republicans lost because their only constituancy left is old angy white men and the religous right. Both are declining as a percent of the electorate. However, I am pleased to see that most of them blame the voters and media, and not themselves. It makes is SO easy!

They've been blaming the media for (at least) 35 years....and FOX isn't immune from the criticism either:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/217931-rut-roh-newt-accuses-fox-of-favoritism.html#post5112810

Even the supposed liberal media is having trouble with the liberal media:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...oup-in-ohio-talk-hosts-react.html#post6208614

You're right; the constituency of the GOP is not growing nationally and it's showing. They'll do fine in districts and in select states but they're becoming a regional party.

Yes you want the wealthy to pay more than you. I know.

You can be against two men marrying each other and against killing your offspring as a means of birth control and not be religious.

Yes you want the wealthy to pay more than you. I know.

You can be against two men marrying each other and against killing your offspring as a means of birth control and not be religious.

Yes, they should pay their fair share. They should pay more, but I'd be happy with them paying as much. Kind of silly that I pay something like 40% of my income in taxes and Mitt Romney pays only 11%. On the tax returns he wasn't too embarrassed to release, that is.

To your other statement...

Why do you care if two men marry each other. They aren't marrying you, it really isn't any of your business. I have yet to hear a one of you tell me why this effects your life in the least.

For abortion- until you guys stop making war on the middle and working class, you can't be suprirsed that some of them choose abortion.

Forum List

Back