Why is GOP panicking over november election losses?

Section 3. Definition of marriage

In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the word 'marriage' means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word 'spouse' refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife.

So you are admitting she's right without admitting she's right.

Still waiting for you to explain why you care one way or the other if it isn't to please your magic sky man.

Any other definition of marriage is not legal under Federal law.

Not legal = Illegal.

Illegal = Against the law.

Homosexuality is a sexual choice. It does not afford any Government protections at the Federal level nor in my State. Be gay all you want.

This is a very nice way to try to dance around the issue that you were wrong, that there is no federal law banning gay marriage. (It's always fun to watch Cons who normally scream about "State's Rights" try to claim federal powers that don't and shouldn't exist.)

Fact is, only a matter of time before gay marriage is legal in the whole country... then what are you going to do?

Fact is, only a matter of time before gay marriage is legal in the whole country... then what are you going to do?

I am not sure that is a fact.

Actually, it's pretty much inevitable.

Either SCOTUS upholds the Perry Decision, finding gay marriage is a constitutional right under the 14th Amendment, as sexual orientation was previously found to be a protected status in the Lawrence and Romer decisions (Written by Swing Vote Justice Kennedy) or they strike down DOMA, which makes gay marriages preformed in one of the ten states where it's currently legal binding in the other 40.

Either way, you lose.

And here's the thing. It shouldn't matter to you. I'm really not sure why you stand on this dunghill of hate and crow proudly, while the Plutocrats who encourage you to do so are stealing away your middle class lifestyel.

Gay marriage is against Federal law.

Where do ya'll get this shit? Rabbi tried this crap the other day then ran away. No, it isn't against Federal Law. DOMA means that the Federal Government doesn't have to recognize my legal marriage (yet), but it does not make that marriage "against" Federal Law.

Section 3. Definition of marriage

In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the word 'marriage' means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word 'spouse' refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife.

That does not, regardless of your yoga attempts, make gay marriage "against Federal Law" by any stretch of the imagination as you claimed. Admit you're wrong and move on.

Either SCOTUS upholds the Perry Decision, finding gay marriage is a constitutional right under the 14th Amendment, as sexual orientation was previously found to be a protected status in the Lawrence and Romer decisions (Written by Swing Vote Justice Kennedy) or they strike down DOMA, which makes gay marriages preformed in one of the ten states where it's currently legal binding in the other 40.

Either way, you lose.

Not certain SCOTUS' only choices are affirmation.

That does not, regardless of your yoga attempts, make gay marriage "against Federal Law" by any stretch of the imagination as you claimed. Admit you're wrong and move on.

Sure it does.

Federal law doesn't recognize it and only considers man / woman to be legal for all matters Federal.

My State Constitution does the same thing.

Either way, you lose.

Not certain SCOTUS' only choices are affirmation.

They'd have to stomp all over their previous precedents and the constitution to not do it.

Also- keep in mind, the more pragmatic justices- Kennedy and Roberts- probably want this issue to go away. They know it's a loser for the GOP in the long run.

Of course it is. All you have to do is look at the trend.

ljidpw36ceqh7xm50bwyzg.gif

For contrast:

pr070816i.gif

How could it possibly not be inevitable?

Also- keep in mind, the more pragmatic justices- Kennedy and Roberts- probably want this issue to go away. They know it's a loser for the GOP in the long run.

Well hell I didnt realize your rational was based on justices probably wanting the issue to go away.

Very sound thinking.

Sure it does.

Federal law doesn't recognize it and only considers man / woman to be legal for all matters Federal.

My State Constitution does the same thing.

You're trying to play games and I don't understand why. It is not against the law, it is simply not recognized by the Federal government. Against the law would imply that my legal marriage isn't and that is NOT the case. I will not be arrested or fined for entering your state with my spouse.

You're trying to play games and I don't understand why. It is not against the law, it is simply not recognized by the Federal government. Against the law would imply that my legal marriage isn't and that is NOT the case. I will not be arrested or fined for entering your state with my spouse.

Federal government doesn't recognize your "marriage" as they have a law. Your marriage is against the Federal law.

Why you can't claim your "partner" for taxes and other Federal recognition = Federal law against it.

Well hell I didnt realize your rational was based on justices probably wanting the issue to go away.

Very sound thinking.

I hate to keep being the one to break this to you.

The people who really run the GOP are the rich. Not the stupid religious bible thumpers trying to please their Invisible Sky Pixie.

The Religious people are "useful idiots" to the wealthy. Once you get your arms around this truth, you will be a lot better off.

The Purpose of the GOP is to make it easier for the rich to exploit the shit out of the rest of us. they don't believe in the Magic Sky Man any more than I do. In fact, I was a Republican for decades. Get the movers in shakers in a room without the bible-thumping idiots, and they had no problem showing their utter contempt for you.

So Roberts and Kennedy will take a dive on this issue to make it go away, and the politicians can shrug their shoulders and say, "Well, the court has tied my hands".

The people who really run the GOP are the rich. Not the stupid religious bible thumpers trying to please their Invisible Sky Pixie.

Might mean something to me if I followed the Bible.

Federal government doesn't recognize your "marriage" as they have a law. Your marriage is against the Federal law.

Why you can't claim your "partner" for taxes and other Federal recognition = Federal law against it.

That does not make it against the law. I cannot be charged in ANY Federal, or State criminal or civil court for being married. It's not against the law. Not recognized is NOT THE SAME as being against the law.

I will not be arrested or fined for entering your state with my spouse.

Look up civil versus criminal. It is key.

No, it isn't the key. It is not, as you claim against the law for a same sex couple to be married, criminally or civilly.

Nope against Federal law to recognize gay marriage in Federal matters.

Try to file your taxes and claim your gay friend. Cant do it. Why ? Against Federal law.

Same goes in many States, some by their Constitutuion.

Might mean something to me if I followed the Bible.

Well, then, explain to me why you hate gays so much that this is an important issue to you.

Because you are spending an awfully lot of time on an issue that means nothing to your life.

I'm for legalizing gay marriage because I have gay friends I want to see get a fair shake, and I just love the notion of sticking a big thumb in the eye of religious idiots... but honestly, I'm not doing handstands to justify my position like you are.

Forum List

Back